Genomes and Genes
Summary: Separation of a mixture in successive stages, each stage removing from the mixture some proportion of one of the substances, for example by differential solubility in water-solvent mixtures. (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed)
Publications234 found, 100 shown here
- In-depth analysis of the thylakoid membrane proteome of Arabidopsis thaliana chloroplasts: new proteins, new functions, and a plastid proteome databaseGiulia Friso
Department of Plant Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Plant Cell 16:478-99. 2004..All data are deposited in a new curated plastid proteome database (PPDB) with multiple search functions (http://cbsusrv01.tc.cornell.edu/users/ppdb/). This PPDB will serve as an expandable resource for the plant community...
- A close look at human IgG sialylation and subclass distribution after lectin fractionationJohannes Stadlmann
Department of Chemistry, University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences BOKU, Vienna, Austria
Proteomics 9:4143-53. 2009..This observation may be relevant when studying the effect of human Fc in murine models of inflammation because mouse IgG subclasses differ substantially in their interaction with receptors...
- Dispersive liquid-liquid microextraction applied to isolation and concentration of alkylphenols and their short-chained ethoxylates in water samplesAgnieszka Zgoła-Grześkowiak
Institute of Chemistry and Technical Electrochemistry, Poznan University of Technology, Piotrowo 3, Poznan, Poland
J Chromatogr A 1217:1761-6. 2010..The results showed that DLLME is a simple, rapid and sensitive analytical method for the preconcentration of trace amounts of alkylphenols and their ethoxylates in environmental water samples...
- Amplification of cox2 (approximately 620 bp) from 2 mg of up to 129 years old herbarium specimens, comparing 19 extraction methods and 15 polymerasesSabine Telle
University of Hohenheim, Institute of Botany 210, Stuttgart, Germany
PLoS ONE 3:e3584. 2008....
- Enrichment of sialylated IgG by lectin fractionation does not enhance the efficacy of immunoglobulin G in a murine model of immune thrombocytopeniaTheresa Guhr
Sanquin Research and Landsteiner Laboratory, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 6:e21246. 2011..Our results indicate that SNA lectin fractionation is not a suitable method to enrich IVIg for Fc-sialylated IgG. The use of IVIg enriched for Fab-sialylated IgG abolishes the efficacy of IVIg in the murine PIT model...
- Efficacy and safety of two whole IgG polyvalent antivenoms, refined by caprylic acid fractionation with or without beta-propiolactone, in the treatment of Bothrops asper bites in ColombiaRafael Otero
Programa de Ofidismo Escorpionismo, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Antioquia, Medellin, Colombia
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 100:1173-82. 2006..A further dose of antivenom at 6 h also did not guarantee resolution of coagulopathy within 12-24 h in all patients. The incidence of early adverse reactions (all mild) was similar for both antivenoms (15% and 24%; P>0.05)...
- Vortex-assisted liquid-liquid microextraction of octylphenol, nonylphenol and bisphenol-AEvangelia Yiantzi
Department of Environmental Engineering, Technical University of Crete, Polytechneioupolis, GR 73100 Chania, Greece
Talanta 80:2057-62. 2010..The proposed method was finally applied to the determination of target pollutants in real wastewater effluent samples using the standard addition method...
- Application of hollow fiber-based liquid-phase microextraction (HF-LPME) for the determination of acidic pharmaceuticals in wastewatersMaría Ramos Payán
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, University of Seville, Seville, Spain
Talanta 82:854-8. 2010..8 microm C18 column that allows high resolution using low flow-rates and, simultaneously, short retention times. Detection limits were 20, 100 and 300 ng L(-1) for salicylic acid, diclofenac and ibuprofen, respectively...
- Chemical fractionation of heavy metals in urban soils of Guangzhou, ChinaYing Lu
State Key Laboratory of Soil and Sustainable Agriculture Institute of Soil Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Nanjing 210008, People s Republic of China
Environ Monit Assess 134:429-39. 2007..With total concentrations of Cd, Cu, Ni, Pb, Zn, and Mn increase, these metals more easily release and may produce more negative effects on the urban environment...
- Peptide separation with immobilized pI strips is an attractive alternative to in-gel protein digestion for proteome analysisNina C Hubner
Department of Proteomics and Signal Transduction, Max Planck Institute for Biochemistry, Martinsried, Germany
Proteomics 8:4862-72. 2008..Advantages of the in-gel format include better reliability and robustness. Considering its superior performance, diminished sample and work-up requirements, peptide IEF will become a method of choice for sample preparation in proteomics...
- Optimisation of a sensitive method based on ultrasound-assisted emulsification-microextraction for the simultaneous determination of haloanisoles and volatile phenols in wineConsuelo Pizarro
Department of Chemistry, University of La Rioja, C Madre de Dios 51, 26006 Logrono, La Rioja, Spain
J Chromatogr A 1244:37-45. 2012..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first time that USAEME has been applied to simultaneously determine the compounds responsible for cork taint and Brett character in wine...
- Application of ultrasound-assisted emulsification microextraction based on applying low-density organic solvent for the determination of organochlorine pesticides in water samplesYufeng Zhang
Department of Chemistry, National University of Singapore, 3 Science Drive 3, Singapore 117543, Singapore
J Chromatogr A 1252:67-73. 2012..The proposed method provides a simple, convenient, rapid, sensitive, cost-effective, and environmentally friendly process for the determination of OCPs in water samples...
- Advances in primary recovery: centrifugation and membrane technologyDavid J Roush
BioPurification Development, Merck Research Laboratories, P O Box 2000, Mailstop RY805S 100, Rahway, New Jersey 07065, USA
Biotechnol Prog 24:488-95. 2008..This paper will review the current and potential future state of research on primary recovery, including relevant papers presented at the 234th American Chemical Society (ACS) National Meeting in Boston...
- Optimization and evaluation of metabolite extraction protocols for untargeted metabolic profiling of liver samples by UPLC-MSPerrine Masson
Biomolecular Medicine, Department of Surgery and Cancer, Faculty of Medicine, Sir Alexander Fleming Building, Imperial College London, South Kensington, SW7 2AZ, UK
Anal Chem 82:7779-86. 2010..The generic nature of this protocol facilitates its application to other tissues, for example, brain or lung, enhancing its utility in clinical and toxicological studies...
- Nondestructive DNA extraction method for mitochondrial DNA analyses of museum specimensNadin Rohland
Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, Leipzig, Germany
Biotechniques 36:814-6, 818-21. 2004..Thus this method opens up the possibility to repeatedly use museum collections for mtDNA analyses without damaging the specimens and thus without reducing the value of irreplaceable collections for morphological analyses...
- Microfractionation revisited: a 1536 well high resolution screening assayMartin Giera
Biomolecular Analysis Group, Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences, VU University Amsterdam, De Boelelaan 1083, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Anal Chem 81:5460-6. 2009..Furthermore, it allows coupling of a microbore HPLC with a biochemical screening assay without compromising resolution and overcomes problems associated with the 1536 well format...
- A modified protein precipitation procedure for efficient removal of albumin from serumYi Yun Chen
Core Facilities for Proteomic Research, Taipei, Taiwan
Electrophoresis 26:2117-27. 2005..Albumin isolated by the modified method is in the native state. Our method may offer a rapid method for purifying serum albumin in large scale...
- A proteomic approach for plasma biomarker discovery with iTRAQ labelling and OFFGEL fractionationEmilie Ernoult
Centre INSERM Régional de Recherche sur le Cancer U892, Centre Regional de Lutte Contre le Cancer Paul Papin, 2 rue Moll, 49933 Angers Cedex 9, France
J Biomed Biotechnol 2010:927917. 2010..iTRAQ labelling, in association with OFFGEL fractionation, allowed more than 300 different proteins to be characterized from 400 microg of plasma proteins...
- Antioxidant activity of a red lentil extract and its fractionsRyszard Amarowicz
Division of Food Science, Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences, Olsztyn, Poland
Int J Mol Sci 10:5513-27. 2009..There were 24 compounds identified in the crude extract using an HPLC-ESI-MS method: quercetin diglycoside, catechin, digallate procyanidin, and p-hydroxybenzoic were the dominant phenolics in the extract...
- Efficient fractionation and improved protein identification by peptide OFFGEL electrophoresisPatric Hörth
Agilent Technologies Research and Development and Marketing GmbH and Co KG, Hewlett Packard Strasse 8, 76337 Waldbronn, Germany
Mol Cell Proteomics 5:1968-74. 2006..The experimental peptide isoelectric point measured by OFFGEL electrophoresis was used as an additional filter for validation of peptide identifications...
- Molecularly imprinted polymers for sample preparation: a reviewEsther Turiel
Departamento de Medio Ambiente, INIA, Carretera de A Coruña km 7 5, E 28040 Madrid, Spain
Anal Chim Acta 668:87-99. 2010..The advantages and drawbacks of each methodology as well as the future expected trends are discussed...
- High-throughput liquid-liquid fractionation of multiple protein post-translational modificationsJames H DeFord
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 0643, USA
J Proteome Res 8:907-16. 2009..We describe procedures for the simultaneous resolution of proteome maps, the identification of proteins modified by nitration, carbonylation, and phosphorylation, and proteins with unique spectra such as the heme containing proteins...
- Advances and challenges in liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry-based proteomics profiling for clinical applicationsWei Jun Qian
Biological Sciences Division and Environmental Molecular Sciences Laboratory, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, Washington 99352, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 5:1727-44. 2006....
- High dynamic range characterization of the trauma patient plasma proteomeTao Liu
Biological Sciences Division and Environmental Molecular Sciences Laboratory, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, Washington 99354, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 5:1899-913. 2006..Herein we describe a strategy that combines immunoaffinity subtraction and subsequent chemical fractionation based on cysteinyl peptide and N-glycopeptide captures with two-dimensional LC-MS/MS to increase the ..
- Effective removal of albumin from serumDavid A Colantonio
Department of Physiology, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Proteomics 5:3831-5. 2005..We report here a chemical-based extraction method for the effective and specific removal of albumin from serum...
- Serum biomarker discovery in renal cancer using 2-DE and prefractionation by immunodepletion and isoelectric focusing; increasing coverage or more of the same?Naveen S Vasudev
Cancer Research UK Clinical Centre, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Proteomics 8:5074-85. 2008....
- Application of a peptide-based PF2D platform for quantitative proteomics in disease biomarker discoveryHyoung Joo Lee
Department of Biochemistry, Yonsei Proteome Research Center and Biomedical Proteome Research Center, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea
Proteomics 8:3371-81. 2008....
- Isolation and characterization of two novel scorpion toxins: The alpha-toxin-like CeII8, specific for Na(v)1.7 channels and the classical anti-mammalian CeII9, specific for Na(v)1.4 channelsThomas Vandendriessche
Laboratory of Toxicology, University of Leuven, Onderwijs and Navorsing II, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Toxicon 56:613-23. 2010..Since these effects have also been reported for the beta-toxin CssIV, the bioactive surfaces of the toxins have been compared to each other...
- A comparison of drug-treated and untreated HCT-116 human colon adenocarcinoma cells using a 2-D liquid separation mapping method based upon chromatofocusing PI fractionationFang Yan
Department of Chemistry, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 1055, USA
Anal Chem 75:2299-308. 2003..The relative simplicity of the current procedure and the potential for full automation will make this technique an essential tool in future proteomic studies...
- C-1s NEXAFS spectroscopy reveals chemical fractionation of humic acid by cation-induced coagulationIso Christl
Institute of Biogeochemistry and Pollutant Dynamics, Department of Environmental Sciences, ETH Zurich, CHN, Universitatstrasse 16, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
Environ Sci Technol 41:1915-20. 2007..We conclude that humic acid was chemically fractionated by cation-induced coagulation, which preferentially removed functional groups involved in metal-cation binding from solution...
- Depletion of the high-abundance plasma proteinsM Fountoulakis
F Hoffmann La Roche Ltd, Center of Medical Genomics, Basel, Switzerland
Amino Acids 27:249-59. 2004..The methodology is easy to perform and is useful as a first step in the detection of diagnostic markers in body fluids by applying proteomics technologies...
- Evaluation of three principally different intact protein prefractionation methods for plasma biomarker discoveryMaria Pernemalm
Karolinska Biomics Center, Karolinska University Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, Z5 02, 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
J Proteome Res 7:2712-22. 2008..Further, the prefractionation methods in this study induces limited effect on the proportion of tissue proteins detected, thereby highlighting the importance of extensive or targeted downstream fractionation...
- Solid-phase extraction followed by dispersive liquid-liquid microextraction for the sensitive determination of selected fungicides in wineR Montes
Departamento de Quimica Analitica, Nutricion y Bromatologia, Instituto de Investigacion y Analisis Alimentario, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Santiago de Compostela 15782, Spain
J Chromatogr A 1216:5459-66. 2009..Among compounds considered in this work, metalaxyl-M and azoxystrobin were found in several wines at concentrations from 0.8 to 32 ngmL(-1)...
- Green fluorescent protein purification by organic extractionA V Yakhnin
Branch of the Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry RAS, Pushchino, Moscow Region, 142292, Russia
Protein Expr Purif 14:382-6. 1998..An alternative method is described for the GFP purification without affinity extensions using organic extraction yielding a highly homogeneous protein indistinguishable in spectroscopic properties from that purified by previous methods...
- Extraction and separation of carbohydrates and phenolic compounds in flax shives with pH-controlled pressurized low polarity waterJin Woo Kim
Pacific Agri Food Research Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, 4200 Hwy 97 Summerland, BC, Canada V0H 1Z0
J Agric Food Chem 57:1805-13. 2009..The PLPW extraction is able to extract and separate components in flax shives by changing pH and temperature. The best case occurs between pH 9.5 and 12, resulting in maximum solubilization of hemicellulose and lignin...
- Bioassay-guided fractionation of antifertility components of castorbean (Ricinus communis L.) seed extractsXiaoxue Zhang
College of Life Science, Sichuan University, Ministry of Education Key Laboratory for Bio Resource and Eco Environment, Chengdu 610064, China
Nat Prod Res 21:982-9. 2007..10%), stigmasterol (35.80%), gamma-sitosterol (44.77%), and fucosterol (8.40%); and one probucol analog (4.93%). It was presumed that gamma-sitosterol may be the main component contributing to inhibit the viability of DSC...
- Rapid prefractionation of complex protein lysates with centrifugal membrane adsorber units improves the resolving power of 2D-PAGE-based proteome analysisMary Kathryn Doud
Harvard NIEHS Center Proteomics Facility, Department of Genetics and Complex Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, USA
BMC Genomics 5:25. 2004..Nevertheless, the complexity of even the simplest proteomes limits the resolving power of 2D-PAGE. This limitation can be partially alleviated by sample prefractionation using a variety of techniques...
- Fractionation of peptides in proteomics with the use of pI-based approach and ZipTip pipette tipsTomasz Baczek
Department of Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacodynamics, Medical University of Gdansk, Gen J Hallera 107, 80 416 Gdansk, Poland
J Pharm Biomed Anal 34:851-60. 2004..It can also be a valuable tool for analytical and bioinformatic studies of peptides fractionation in proteomics...
- Prefractionation techniques in proteome analysisPier Giorgio Righetti
Department of Agricultural and Industrial Biotechnologies, University of Verona, Strada Le Grazie No 15, I 37134 Verona, Italy
Proteomics 3:1397-407. 2003..It is felt that this panoply of methods could offer a strong step forward in "mining below the tip of the iceberg" for detecting the "unseen proteome"...
- An advanced expiratory circuit for the recovery of perfluorocarbon liquid from non-saturated perfluorocarbon vapour during partial liquid ventilation: an experimental modelKimble R Dunster
Grantley Stable Neonatal Unit, Royal Women s Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Biomed Eng Online 5:7. 2006....
- Purification and analysis of a 5kDa component of enamel matrix derivativeAlexandra Mumulidu
BIORA AB, a company of the Straumann Group, Medeon Science Park, Malmo, Sweden
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 857:210-8. 2007..The SE HPLC method was mainly suitable for qualitative analysis, whereas the RP HPLC method was appropriate for both qualitative and quantitative analysis...
- Determination of cymoxanil in drinking water and soil using high-performance liquid chromatographyPaola Fidente
Dipartimento di Chimica Farmaceutica e Tossicologica, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, via D Montesano 49, 80131 Napoli, Italy
Biomed Chromatogr 19:766-70. 2005..The RDS were within the range 1.7-4.1% for water and 0.9-1.2% for soil samples. After optimization of the extraction and separation conditions, the method was validated...
- Development, optimisation and application of polyurethane foams as new polymeric phases for stir bar sorptive extractionN R Neng
University of Lisbon, Faculty of Sciences, Chemistry and Biochemistry Department, Campo Grande Ed C8, 1749 016 Lisbon, Portugal
J Chromatogr A 1171:8-14. 2007..The polyurethanes proposed as new polymeric phases for SBSE provided powerful capabilities for the enrichment of organic compounds from aqueous matrices, showing to be indicated mainly in the case of the more polar analytes...
- Hollow fiber-based liquid-liquid-liquid microextraction combined with high-performance liquid chromatography for the speciation of organomercuryLinbo Xia
Department of Chemistry, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430072, China
J Chromatogr A 1173:44-51. 2007..4 to 8.9%. The developed technique was validated by analyzing a certified reference material (DORM-2, dogfish-muscle, NRCC) and an environmental water sample, and the analytical results were satisfactory...
- Extracting Syringe for determination of organochlorine pesticides in leachate water and soil-water slurry: a novel technology for environmental analysisThaer Barri
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Lund University, Sweden
J Chromatogr A 1111:11-20. 2006..75 h. To sum up, the ESy has shown its competency to LSE and ASE technologies, demonstrating its applicability for environmental analysis of organic pollutants, towards green techniques for green environment...
- Pressurized liquid extraction of flavonoids from spinachL Howard
Department of Food Science, University of Arkansas, 2650 N Young Ave, Fayetteville, AR 72704, USA
J Food Sci 73:C151-7. 2008....
- Combination of microwave assisted micellar extraction and liquid chromatography for the determination of organophosphorous pesticides in soil samplesC Padrín-Sanz
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Marine Sciences, University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, 35017 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
J Chromatogr A 1078:13-21. 2005..6%. This method was successfully applied to fresh samples as well as to aged samples for the analysis of soils with different characteristics and compared with the traditional Soxhlet technique...
- Development of a novel ultrasound-assisted headspace liquid-phase microextraction and its application to the analysis of chlorophenols in real aqueous samplesHui Xu
Key Laboratory of Pesticide and Chemical Biology, Ministry of Education, College of Chemistry, Central China Normal University, Wuhan 430079, China
J Chromatogr A 1167:1-8. 2007..The method is very suitable for the analysis of trace volatile and semivolatile pollutants in real aqueous sample...
- Purification and partial characterization of novel bacteriocin L23 produced by Lactobacillus fermentum L23Liliana M Pascual
Departamento de Microbiologia e Inmunologia, Universidad Nacional de Rio Cuarto, 5800, Rio Cuarto, Cordoba, Argentina
Curr Microbiol 56:397-402. 2008..Crude bacteriocin sample was prepared by a process of ammonium sulfate precipitation, gel filtration, thin-layer chromatography, bioautography, and reversed-phase HPLC...
- Peak capacity in gradient reversed-phase liquid chromatography of biopolymers. Theoretical and practical implications for the separation of oligonucleotidesMartin Gilar
Waters Corporation, 34 Maple Street, Milford, MA 01757, USA
J Chromatogr A 1169:139-50. 2007..Column peak capacity was predicted as a function of flow rate, gradient slope and column length. Predicted peak capacity trends were compared to experimental results...
- Extraction and GC/MS analysis of the human blood plasma metabolomeJiye A
Department of Medical Biosciences, Clinical Chemistry, Umea University, SE 90185, Umea, Sweden, and Department of Clinical Pharmacology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, 210029, Nanjing, China
Anal Chem 77:8086-94. 2005..1 and 1 microM. The results suggest that the method could be usefully integrated into metabolomic studies for various purposes, e.g., for identifying biological markers related to diseases...
- Optimisation of pressurised liquid extraction for the determination of p,p'-DDT and p,p'-DDE in aged contaminated Ethiopian soilsAhmed Hussen
Department of Chemistry, Addis Ababa University, P O Box 1176, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Anal Bioanal Chem 386:1525-33. 2006....
- Development of dispersive liquid-liquid microextraction combined with gas chromatography-mass spectrometry as a simple, rapid and highly sensitive method for the determination of phthalate esters in water samplesHadi Farahani
Center of Excellence in Electrochemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, University of Tehran, P O Box 14155 6455, Tehran, Iran
J Chromatogr A 1172:105-12. 2007..Finally, the proposed method was successfully utilized for the preconcentration and determination of the phthalate esters in different real water samples and satisfactory results were obtained...
- Automated sample clean-up and fractionation of chlorpyrifos, chlorpyrifos-methyl and metabolites in mussels using normal-phase liquid chromatographyR Serrano
Department of Experimental Sciences, University Jaume I, Castellon, Spain
J Chromatogr A 778:151-60. 1997..This method has been successfully applied to bioconcentration studies with mussels exposed to chlorpyrifos. Chlorpyrifos and its metabolic derivative 3,5,6-trichloro-2-pyridinol were detected and confirmed by MS in analyzed samples...
- Preparation, preservation and application of pure isotope-enriched phenyltin speciesDong Nguyen Van
Analytical Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, Umea University, 901 87 Umea, Sweden
Anal Bioanal Chem 386:1505-13. 2006..When these standards were stored at 4 degrees C or 22 degrees C, 4-6% of the DPhT and TPhT degraded within 27 days. The degradation of DPhT and TPhT increased with the ionic strength and acidity of the storage solution...
- Isolation of tetra-acyl sucrose esters from turkish tobacco using supercritical fluid CO2 and comparison with conventional solvent extractionM Ashraf-Khorassani
Department of Chemistry, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia 24061 0212, USA
J Agric Food Chem 53:1866-72. 2005..This study provides one of the clearest examples of how the variable density property of a supercritical fluid can be utilized to effect the fractionation of a complex mixture...
- Antioxidant, prooxidant, and cytotoxic activities of solvent-fractionated dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) flower extracts in vitroChun Hu
Food, Nutrition and Health, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, University of British Columbia, 6650 N W Marine Drive, Vancouver, Canada
J Agric Food Chem 51:301-10. 2003....
- Polymeric procyanidins as radical-scavenging components in red-hulled riceTomoyuki Oki
National Agricultural Research Center for Kyushu Okinawa Region, National Agricultural Research Organization, 2421 Suya, Nishigoshi, Kikuchi, Kumamoto 861 1192, Japan
J Agric Food Chem 50:7524-9. 2002..GPC analysis of the acetylated procyanidins revealed that the average molecular weight is about 5000, in a range of about 500-18,000...
- Chemical and immunological modifications of an arabinogalactan present in tea preparations of Phyllanthus niruri after treatment with gastric fluidCaroline G Mellinger
Departamento de Bioquimica e Biologia Molecular, Universidade Federal do Parana, Centro Politécnico 81531 980, Curitiba, PR, Brazil
Int J Biol Macromol 43:115-20. 2008....
- Qualitative analysis of products formed during the acid catalyzed liquefaction of bagasse in ethylene glycolTing Zhang
Department of Chemical Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Bioresour Technol 98:1454-9. 2007..The Higher Heating Value (HHV) of the residue and the acetone-soluble fractions were higher than that of bagasse. The results showed that some useful chemicals and biofuels could be obtained by this process...
- Phytochemistry in the microgram domain - a LC-NMR perspectiveJean Luc Wolfender
Laboratoire de Pharmacognosie et Phytochimie, Ecole de Pharmacie Genève Lausanne, Section des Sciences Pharmaceutiques, Universite de Geneve, Switzerland
Magn Reson Chem 43:697-709. 2005..For more demanding experiments, at-line strategies based on the microfractionation of the LC-peak of interest and recording of spectra in fully deuterated solvents in microflow probes represent a promising alternative...
- Evaluation of the extraction efficiency of thermally labile bioactive compounds in Gastrodia elata Blume by pressurized hot water extraction and microwave-assisted extractionChin Chye Teo
Natural Sciences and Science Education Academic Group, Nanyang Technological University, 1 Nanyang Walk, Singapore 637616, Singapore
J Chromatogr A 1182:34-40. 2008..92% to 3.36% for the two proposed methods on different days. Hence, PHWE and MAE methods were shown to be feasible alternatives for the extraction of thermally labile marker compounds present in medicinal plants...
- One-step purification of epigallocatechin gallate from crude green tea extracts by mixed-mode adsorption chromatography on highly cross-linked agarose mediaJun Xu
Department of Bioengineering, College of Life Science and Technology, Beijing University of Chemical Technology, Beijing 100029, China
J Chromatogr A 1169:235-8. 2007..Full column regeneration was obtained using solvents in the following order: 0.5 M NaOH, distilled water and 30% acetic acid...
- A flavanone and two phenolic acids from Chrysanthemum morifolium with phytotoxic and insect growth regulating activityClifford W Beninger
Department of Environmental Biology, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1G 2W1
J Chem Ecol 30:589-606. 2004..Furthermore, when incorporated separately into artificial diet these compounds, at 10 to 1000 ppm, enhanced or reduced growth of the cabbage looper (Trichoplusia ni) and gypsy moth (Lymantria dispar L.)...
- Determination of glyoxal and methylglyoxal in environmental and biological matrices by stir bar sorptive extraction with in-situ derivatizationN R Neng
University of Lisbon, Faculty of Sciences, Chemistry and Biochemistry Department, Campo Grande Ed C8, 1749 016 Lisbon, Portugal
J Chromatogr A 1169:47-52. 2007....
- Automated dynamic liquid-liquid-liquid microextraction followed by high-performance liquid chromatography-ultraviolet detection for the determination of phenoxy acid herbicides in environmental watersJingming Wu
Department of Chemistry, National University of Singapore, 3 Science Drive 3, Singapore 117543, Singapore
J Chromatogr A 1082:121-7. 2005..In addition, the limits of detection (LODs) ranged from 0.1 to 0.4 ng/mL (S/N = 3). D-LLLME was successfully applied for the analysis of phenoxy acid herbicides from real environmental water samples...
- Speciation of mercury in soil and sediment by selective solvent and acid extractionY Han
Metara Inc, 1225 East Arques Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94085, USA
Anal Bioanal Chem 375:428-36. 2003..The "semi-mobile" mercury species include mainly elemental mercury (Hg) and mercury-metal amalgams. The non-mobile mercury species mainly include mercuric sulfide (HgS) and mercurous chloride (Hg(2)Cl(2))...
- Barrier film protected, and mixed solvent optimized micro-scale membrane extraction of methyl carbamate pesticidesKamilah Hylton
Department of Chemistry and Environmental Science, New Jersey Institute of Technology, University Heights, Newark, NJ 07102, USA
J Chromatogr A 1154:60-5. 2007..The detection limits were at ppb levels and the enrichment was as high as 1600 times depending upon the solvent. R2 and %RSD ranged from 0.9501 to 0.9991 and 1.90 and 9.53, respectively...
- Using a simple high-performance liquid chromatography separation and fraction collection methodology to achieve compound-specific isotopic analysis for dissolved organic compoundsMark Marschner
Ottawa Carleton Geosciences Centre, University of Ottawa, 140 Louis Pasteur, Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6N5, Canada
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 19:261-8. 2005..Further developments of this application could make routine compound-specific isotopic analyses (CSIA) for a wider range of organic materials possible...
- Analysis of estrogens in environmental waters using polymer monolith in-polyether ether ketone tube solid-phase microextraction combined with high-performance liquid chromatographyYi Wen
Department of Chemistry, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430072, PR China
J Chromatogr A 1133:21-8. 2006..8%, respectively. Finally, the proposed method was successfully applied to the determination of these compounds in several environmental waters...
- Improved liquid-liquid-liquid microextraction method and its application to analysis of four phenolic compounds in water samplesWenhui Pan
Key Laboratory of Pesticide and Chemical Biology, Ministry of Education, College of Chemistry, Central China Normal University, Wuhan 430079, China
J Chromatogr A 1203:7-12. 2008..This method is very suitable for the extraction of ionizable and chargeable analyte in complex environmental or biological samples...
- Functional screening of serine protease inhibitors in the medical leech Hirudo medicinalis monitored by intensity fading MALDI-TOF MSOscar Yanes
Institut de Biotecnologia i de Biomedicina and Departament de Bioquímica, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 08193 Bellaterra Barcelona, Spain
Mol Cell Proteomics 4:1602-13. 2005....
- Determination of trace levels of dinitrophenolic compounds in environmental water samples using hollow fiber supported liquid membrane extraction and high performance liquid chromatographyTarekegn Berhanu
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Lund University, P O Box 124, SE 22100 Lund, Sweden
J Chromatogr A 1103:1-8. 2006..Good linearity was obtained in the environmental matrices evaluated. Detection limits range from 6.0 to 8.0 ng/L, and the relative standard deviations do not exceed 7% in terms of repeatability...
- Isolation and structural analysis of bamylocin A, novel lipopeptide from Bacillus amyloliquefaciens LP03 having antagonistic and crude oil-emulsifying activitySang Cheol Lee
Department of Biotechnology, Faculty of Natural Resources and Life Science, Dong A University, Busan 604 714, Korea
Arch Microbiol 188:307-12. 2007..The lipopeptide of 1,022.6 Da differed from surfactins in the substitution of leucine, valine and aspartic acid in positions 3, 4, and 5 by methionine, leucine, and proline, respectively. Novel lipopeptide was designated as bamylocin A...
- Identification of two classes of prolactin-releasing factors in intermediate lobe tumors from transgenic miceD L Allen
Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology, and Anatomy, University of Cincinnati Medical School, Ohio 45267, USA
Endocrinology 136:3093-9. 1995..These data suggest that PRF is produced by melanotrophs, but is not a product of the POMC gene. The IL tumors should provide an excellent source for the purification and structural elucidation of PRFs...
- Antimicrobial activity of the essential oil and extracts of Cordia curassavica (Boraginaceae)Tzasna Hernandez
Laboratorio de Fitoquimica, UBIPRO, Facultad de Estudios Superiores Iztacala, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Tlalnepantla 54090, Edo de Mexico, Mexico
J Ethnopharmacol 111:137-41. 2007..25%) and cadina 4(5), 10(14) diene (7.93%) were found to be the major components. The present study tends to confirm the use in the folk medicine of Cordia curassavica in gastrointestinal, respiratory and dermatological diseases...
- Elution mechanism of polypeptides in reversed-phase liquid chromatography based on the critical threshold of organic solvent to induce abrupt change in adsorption capacity to the column packingRyoya Goda
Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics Research Laboratories, R and D Division, Daiichi Sankyo Co Ltd, 1 2 58, Hiromachi, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 140 8710, Japan
Biomed Chromatogr 22:81-91. 2008....
- Optimization of intracellular microcystin extraction for their subsequent analysis by high-performance liquid chromatographyMónica Barco
Mass Spectrometry Laboratory, Department of Ecotechnologies, IIQAB CSIC, C Jordi Girona 18 26, 08034 Barcelona, Spain
J Chromatogr A 1074:23-30. 2005..This is the first time that the most commonly used solvents for intracellular microcystin extraction have been studied in detail...
- Effects of inner diameter of monolithic column on separation of proteins in capillary-liquid chromatographyCongying Gu
Department of Environmental Science and Engineering, Shanghai Jiaotong University, 800 Dongchuan Road, Shanghai 200240, China
J Chromatogr A 1170:15-22. 2007..This conclusion was also supported by the data of separation permeability and breakthrough curves...
- On-line coupling of dynamic microwave-assisted extraction with high-performance liquid chromatography for determination of andrographolide and dehydroandrographolide in Andrographis paniculata NeesLigang Chen
College of Chemistry, Jilin University, 2699 Qianjin Street, Changchun 130012, China
J Chromatogr A 1140:71-7. 2007..In addition, only small quantities of solvent (5mL) and sample (10mg) were required...
- Determination of tramadol in human plasma and urine samples using liquid phase microextraction with back extraction combined with high performance liquid chromatographyH Ebrahimzadeh
Department of Chemistry, Shahid Beheshti University, Evin, Tehran, Iran
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 863:229-34. 2008..16% and 6.29%, respectively. The method was successfully applied to determine the concentration of tramadol in the plasma and urine samples and satisfactory results were obtained...
- Single drop liquid-liquid-liquid microextraction of methamphetamine and amphetamine in urineYi He
Department of Sciences, John Jay College of Criminal Justice, The City University of New York, 445 W 59th Street, New York, NY 10019, USA
J Chromatogr A 1133:35-40. 2006..0-1500 microg/L), low detection limit (0.5 microg/L), and good repeatability (RSD<5.0%) for both analytes. The feasibility of the method was demonstrated by the analysis of human urine samples...
- Enhancing micro-scale membrane extraction by implementing a barrier filmXiaoyan Wang
Department of Chemistry and Environmental Science, New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark, NJ 07102, USA
J Chromatogr A 1122:1-6. 2006..Good reproducibility with RSDs between 1.60 and 7.65%, and large linear dynamic ranges with good linearity (R2 between 0.9870 and 0.9997) were also achieved...
- Fractionation of polyphenols in hawthorn into polymeric procyanidins, phenolic acids and flavonoids prior to high-performance liquid chromatographic analysisUlla Svedström
Faculty of Pharmacy, Division of Pharmaceutical Biology, P O Box 56, Viikinkaari 5 E, University of Helsinki, FIN 00014 Helsinki, Finland
J Chromatogr A 1112:103-11. 2006..2. The HPLC methods developed can be used for the qualitative and quantitative analysis of different phenolic compounds in hawthorn plant material and their extracts...
- Characterization of aqueous two-phase partition systems by distribution analysis of radiolabeled analytes (DARA): application to process definition and control in biorecoveryBenedicte Lebreton
Biochemical Recovery Group, Centre for Biochemical Engineering, School of Chemical Engineering, University of Birmingham, B15 2TT United Kingdom
Biotechnol Bioeng 77:329-39. 2002..The application of effective tie-line determinations by distribution analysis of radiolabeled analytes (DARA) as a process-aid in the design and operation of ATPS in biorecovery is discussed...
- Analysis of some chlorophenoxy acids and carbamate herbicides in water and soil as amide derivatives using gas chromatography-mass spectrometryA A Salem
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, United Arab Emirates University, Al Ain, UAE
J Chromatogr Sci 45:131-9. 2007..43% to 8.61% were obtained using a mixed component calibration curves. SPE from water samples and soil samples showed low recoveries. The reason is attributed to the weak sorption capabilities of soil and Al(2)O(3)...
- Simultaneous determination of pesticides, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and polychlorinated biphenyls in seawater and interstitial marine water samples, using stir bar sorptive extraction-thermal desorption-gas chromatography-mass spectrometryErkuden Pérez-Carrera
Departamento de Quimica Fisica, Facultad de Ciencias del Mar y Ambientales, Universidad de Cadiz, Campus Río San Pedro s n 11510 Puerto Real, Cadiz, Spain
J Chromatogr A 1170:82-90. 2007..Terbutylazine, DDX and some PAHs were found at several seawater sampling points at ng L(-1) levels, and some PAHs in interstitial water too...
- Determination of degradation products of alkylphenol polyethoxylates in municipal wastewaters and rivers in Tokyo, JapanTomohiko Isobe
Laboratory of Organic Geochemistry, Faculty of Agriculture, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Fuchu, Tokyo 183 8509, Japan
Environ Toxicol Chem 23:599-605. 2004..with some exceptions. In surface sediments, neither NPIEC nor NP2EC was detectable (<0.01 microg/g dry wt) whereas NP and NPIEO were detected significantly (0.03-1.82 microg/g dry wt and 0.04-0.46 microg/g dry wt, respectively)...
- Development of a method for the determination of UV filters in water samples using stir bar sorptive extraction and thermal desorption-gas chromatography-mass spectrometryRosario Rodil
Department of Analytical Chemistry, University of A Coruna, Campus da Zapateira, 15071 A Coruna, Spain
J Chromatogr A 1179:81-8. 2008..The effectiveness of the method was tested by analysing real samples such as lake water, river water and treated wastewater. The application of the method allowed reporting the levels of UV filters in environmental water samples...
- Steroid hormone determination in water using an environmentally friendly membrane based extraction techniqueSaioa Zorita
Division of Analytical Chemistry, University of Lund, P O Box 124, SE 22100 Lund, Sweden
J Chromatogr A 1192:1-8. 2008..Enrichment factors were over 1400 after derivatisation. The repeatabilities at 50 and 600ngL(-1) were better than 10% and 6%, respectively...
- Determination of polybrominated diphenyl ethers at trace levels in environmental waters using hollow-fiber microporous membrane liquid-liquid extraction and gas chromatography-mass spectrometryNúria Fontanals
Department of Analytical Chemistry, University of Lund, P O Box 124, SE 22100 Lund, Sweden
J Chromatogr A 1133:41-8. 2006..1 ng l(-1) or lower, both in reagent and leachate water, as well as satisfactory precision in terms of repeatability and reproducibility with values of % relative standard deviation (%RSD) lower than 8.6 and 16.9, respectively...
- Dicarboxylic degradation products of nonylphenol polyethoxylates. Determination and structural elucidation in water samples by solid-phase extraction and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry after methylationPham Manh Hoai
Department of Environmental Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University, 2 1 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Chromatogr A 1103:125-32. 2006..The results showed that the main degradation on the nonyl chain occurred via the elimination of two carbon-units and the concentrations in Japan were much lower than those in Taiwan and Italy...
- Pressurized hot water extraction coupled to solid-phase microextraction-gas chromatography-mass spectrometry for the analysis of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in sedimentsV Fernández-González
Department of Analytical Chemistry, University of A Coruna, Campus da Zapateira, A Coruna, Spain
J Chromatogr A 1196:65-72. 2008..The obtained results are in very good agreement with the certificate materials. The developed method seems to be suitable for the analysis of PAHs at ultratrace levels in environmental matrices as sediment samples...
- Organic pollutants in paper-recycling process water discharge areas: first detection and emission in aquatic environmentMasanori Terasaki
Institute for Environmental Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Yada 52 1, Suruga ku, Shizuoka 422 8526, Japan
Environ Pollut 151:53-9. 2008..The results of this study have raised concerns regarding the organic chemicals used in thermal paper and the environmental consequences of their release...
- Immunological and allergenic responses induced by latex fractions of Calotropis procera (Ait.) R.BrM V Ramos
Departamento de Bioquimica e Biologia Molecular, Campus do Pici, Universidade Federal do Ceara, Fortaleza, Ceara, CEP, Brazil
J Ethnopharmacol 111:115-22. 2007..It should be relevant to determine whether NDL could induce such activities when assayed by oral route since it was ineffective to induce allergy by this way...
- Aqueous two-phase extraction for protein recovery from corn extractsZhengrong Gu
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, 2114 Sweeney Hall, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011 2230, USA
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 845:38-50. 2007..As a result of lower-phase recovery, the advantage of simultaneous removal of solids is lost. The lower solubility of native endosperm proteins results in higher purity for the same enrichment...
- Simultaneous microwave-assisted extraction of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, polychlorinated biphenyls, phthalate esters and nonylphenols in sedimentsL Bartolome
Kimika Analitikoaren Saila, Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea, 644 Posta kutxatila, E 48080 Bilbao, Spain
J Chromatogr A 1068:229-36. 2005..This method is currently used in the study of the distribution of those organic contaminants in the estuaries of the Bay of Biscay (Spain)...
- Rapid determination of caffeine in one drop of beverages and foods using drop-to-drop solvent microextraction with gas chromatography/mass spectrometryKamlesh Shrivas
Department of Chemistry, National Sun Yat Sen University, Kaohsiung 804, Taiwan
J Chromatogr A 1170:9-14. 2007..So, this approach proves that the DDSME/GC/MS technique can be applied as a simple, fast and feasible diagnosis tool for environmental, food and biological application for extremely small amount of real sample analysis...
- Characterization of pectinesterase inhibitor in jelly fig (Ficus awkeotsang Makino) achenesChii Ming Jiang
Department of Seafood Science, National Kaohsiung Institute of Marine Technology, Kaohsiung 811, Taiwan
J Agric Food Chem 50:4890-4. 2002..0, 30 degrees C) were 0.78 mM -OCH3 and 1.09 microequiv of -COOH/min, respectively. In addition, PEI competitively inhibited both citrus and jelly fig achenes PEs...
- Ultrasound-assisted pressurized solvent extraction for aliphatic and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons from soilsPablo Richter
Departamento de Quimica Inorganica y Analitica, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas y Farmaceuticas, Universidad de Chile, Olivos 1007, Independencia, P O Box 233, Santiago, Chile
J Chromatogr A 1132:15-20. 2006....
- Analysis of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in water and beverages using membrane-assisted solvent extraction in combination with large volume injection-gas chromatography-mass spectrometric detectionRosario Rodil
Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research UFZ, Permoserstrasse 15, D 04318 Leipzig, Germany
J Chromatogr A 1163:288-97. 2007..At optimized conditions detection limits at the ng/L level were achieved. The effectiveness of the method was tested by analyzing real samples, such as river water, apple juice, red wine and milk...
- Chemoprevention of Lung Cancer with Anti-tumor BMing You; Fiscal Year: 2010..And thirdly, we will conduct comprehensive chemical fractionation and pharmacokinetic characterizations of ATB's active components...
- Creation of a Marine Natural Products Library to Enhance Life Science ResearchAmy E Wright; Fiscal Year: 2010..through adding automation to the fractionation process and hiring new graduates and students to conduct chemical fractionation on 750-1250 organisms found in the HBOI Frozen Organism Repository and 250-350 organisms from the Marine ..
- R21 Project: Anti-diabetic Effects of Panax ginsengChun Su Yuan; Fiscal Year: 2003..Our strategy is to use an in vivo-guided chemical fractionation method to isolate the pure, biologically active, anti-hyperglycemic compound(s) from Panax ginseng berry ..
- Center for Nutrient-Gene Interaction in Cancer Preventi*Stephen Barnes; Fiscal Year: 2008..In addition to the main projects, the Center will organize a competitive Pilot Project/Developmental program for the evaluation of new ideas and methods pertinent to the overall development of the Center. ..
- THE ROLE OF SULFATIDES IN ALZHEIMER'S DISEASEXianlin Han; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Membrane protein electrophoresis in lipid bilayersMary Wirth; Fiscal Year: 2006..If feasible, an R01 proposal would address separations of real mixtures of membrane proteins from cell lysates. The work could have enormous impact on drug discovery, allowing inexpensive screening that encompasses many receptors. ..
- Antisense Oral Bioavailability EnhancersZhidong Chen; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- AMINO ACID CONJUGATION OF BILE ACIDSStephen Barnes; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Pretargeting mouse tumor with anti-PSMA antibody-MORFGuozheng Liu; Fiscal Year: 2005..Based on our experiences in this pretargeting strategy, we are confident that these investigations on the pretargeting imaging of prostate cancer models with MORFs will be successful. ..
- DO LIGHT CHAIN EXTENSIONS ENHANCE MUSCLE POWER OUTPUT?David Maughan; Fiscal Year: 2004..This research will contribute to understanding and treating human muscle diseases in which power output is compromised. ..
- Functional Organization of the Myelin MembraneChristopher Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2003..in forming rafts in myelin, 3) provide a more complete understanding of the organization of proteins and lipids in myelin as well as identify potential targets for the therapeutic intervention in many myelin related disorders/diseases ..
- 9.4 Tesla Fourier Transform Mass SpectrometerStephen Barnes; Fiscal Year: 2002..Overall, the FT-MS instrument will sustain the high quality of biomedical research that is a hallmark of UAB. ..
- Metabolomics of the Virus-host Cell InteractionJoshua D Rabinowitz; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such pathways, once identified, will be attractive new targets for antiviral therapy. ..
- UltraScan Software Maintenance and DevelopmentBorries Demeler; Fiscal Year: 2010..For example, it may provide clues to identifying pathogenic proteins involved in neurodegenerative diseases, or in the characterization of interactions between proteins and nucleic acids involved in diseases such as cancer. ..
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF DIABETIC CARDIOMYOPATHYDavid Maughan; Fiscal Year: 2003..This research will contribute to understanding and treating human myocardial pathologies that arise from diabetes mellitus, with particular attention to diastolic dysfunctions. (End of Abstract) ..
- Sphingosine-1-phosophate signaling in vasculogenesisKELLEY ARGRAVES; Fiscal Year: 2009..Characterize the involvement of integrins in S1P-induced angioblast motility, and 3. Determine the significance S1P signaling to adult vasculogenesis mediated by circulating angioblasts. ..
- ALIGNMENT BASED METHODS FOR MOLECULAR SEQUENCE ANALYSISSteven Henikoff; Fiscal Year: 2001..This effort could yield new eukaryotic family members of great importance for understanding epigenetic phenomena, some of which, such as parental imprinting, are relevant to human disease. ..
- A sensitive triple quadrupole mass spectrometerStephen Barnes; Fiscal Year: 2004..It is anticipated that a commercial nanospray interface for use in nanoLC-MS analysis will be available by the fall of 2003. ..
- Myosin-based kinetic differences between muscle typesDavid Maughan; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Symposium on Selenium in Biology and MedicineROGER SUNDE; Fiscal Year: 2006..The breath and depth of this meeting and its participants will help to better integrate this information, leading to additional advances and enhanced understanding of human health. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Migraine Headache Treatment by Drug Aerosol InhalationJoshua Rabinowitz; Fiscal Year: 2004..Accomplishment of the goals of Phase II will lead directly to human clinical testing of a commercially viable device that could improve the lives of millions of people every year. ..
- Maintenance of blocks-based tools for functional genomicSteven Henikoff; Fiscal Year: 2006..These various components will be packaged to facilitate updates and local implementations. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Development of molecular biology-based assays for human selenium statusROGER SUNDE; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..