Genomes and Genes
hematopoietic stem cell mobilization
Summary: The release of stem cells from the bone marrow into the peripheral blood circulation for the purpose of leukapheresis, prior to stem cell transplantation. Hematopoietic growth factors or chemotherapeutic agents often are used to stimulate the mobilization.
Publications273 found, 100 shown here
- Mechanisms of G-CSF-mediated hematopoietic stem and progenitor mobilizationA M Greenbaum
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Leukemia 25:211-7. 2011..In this review, we discuss recent advances in our understanding of the mechanisms by which granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF), the prototypical mobilizing agent, induces HSPC mobilization...
- Prostaglandin E2 enhances hematopoietic stem cell homing, survival, and proliferationJonathan Hoggatt
Department of Microbiology and Immunology and the Walther Oncology Center, Indiana University School of Medicine IUSM, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Blood 113:5444-55. 2009..Our results define novel mechanisms of action whereby PGE2 enhances HSC function and supports a strategy to use PGE2 to facilitate hematopoietic transplantation...
- Bone marrow CD169+ macrophages promote the retention of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells in the mesenchymal stem cell nicheAndrew Chow
Department of Gene and Cell Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Exp Med 208:261-71. 2011..Thus, strategies that target BM MΦ hold the potential to augment stem cell yields in patients that mobilize HSCs/progenitors poorly...
- Phase III prospective randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial of plerixafor plus granulocyte colony-stimulating factor compared with placebo plus granulocyte colony-stimulating factor for autologous stem-cell mobilization and transplantation for John F DiPersio
Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:4767-73. 2009..This study evaluates the safety and efficacy of plerixafor (AMD3100), a CXCR4 antagonist, in mobilizing hematopoietic stem cells for autologous stem-cell transplantation in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL) patients...
- A novel perspective on stem cell homing and mobilization: review on bioactive lipids as potent chemoattractants and cationic peptides as underappreciated modulators of responsiveness to SDF-1 gradientsM Z Ratajczak
Stem Cell Institute, James Graham Brown Cancer Center, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Leukemia 26:63-72. 2012..Together, these phenomena support a picture in which the SDF-1-CXCR4 axis modulates homing, BM retention and mobilization of HSPCs in a more complex way than previously envisioned...
- Hematopoietic stem cell mobilization: updated conceptual renditionsH Bonig
Department of Medicine Division of Hematology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98198 7720, USA
Leukemia 27:24-31. 2013Despite its specific clinical relevance, the field of hematopoietic stem cell mobilization has received broad attention, owing mainly to the belief that pharmacologic stem cell mobilization might provide clues as to how stem cells are ..
- Effects of intracoronary infusion of peripheral blood stem-cells mobilised with granulocyte-colony stimulating factor on left ventricular systolic function and restenosis after coronary stenting in myocardial infarction: the MAGIC cell randomised clinicalHyun Jae Kang
Cardiovascular Laboratory, Clinical Research Institute, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Lancet 363:751-6. 2004..We examined the feasibility and efficacy of granulocyte-colony stimulating factor (G-CSF) therapy and subsequent intracoronary infusion of collected peripheral blood stem-cells (PBSCs) in such patients...
- Impact of lenalidomide therapy on stem cell mobilization and engraftment post-peripheral blood stem cell transplantation in patients with newly diagnosed myelomaS Kumar
Divisions of Hematology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Leukemia 21:2035-42. 2007..We recommend collection of PBSC within 6 months of initiation of therapy with lenalidomide containing regimens to minimize the risk of mobilization failures...
- Plerixafor and G-CSF versus placebo and G-CSF to mobilize hematopoietic stem cells for autologous stem cell transplantation in patients with multiple myelomaJohn F DiPersio
Division of Oncology, Siteman Cancer Center, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Blood 113:5720-6. 2009..This study is registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as #NCT00103662...
- Novel insight into stem cell mobilization-plasma sphingosine-1-phosphate is a major chemoattractant that directs the egress of hematopoietic stem progenitor cells from the bone marrow and its level in peripheral blood increases during mobilization due to M Z Ratajczak
Stem Cell Biology Program at the James Graham Brown Cancer Center, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Leukemia 24:976-85. 2010..We conclude and propose a new paradigm that S1P is a crucial chemoattractant for BM-residing HSPCs and that CC through MAC induces the release of S1P from erythrocytes for optimal egress/mobilization of HSPCs...
- Suppression of CXCL12 production by bone marrow osteoblasts is a common and critical pathway for cytokine-induced mobilizationMatthew J Christopher
Division of Oncology, Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Blood 114:1331-9. 2009..Loss of CXCL12 expression by osteoblast appears to be a common and key step in cytokine-induced mobilization...
- Granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF) depresses angiogenesis in vivo and in vitro: implications for sourcing cells for vascular regeneration therapyO Tura
SNBTS Cell Therapy Group, MRC Centre for Regenerative Medicine, The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
J Thromb Haemost 8:1614-23. 2010..It has been proposed that endothelial progenitor cells (EPCs) share precursors with HPCs, and that EPC release may accompany HPC mobilization to the circulation following G-CSF administration...
- A risk-based approach to optimize autologous hematopoietic stem cell (HSC) collection with the use of plerixaforS Abhyankar
Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, The University of Kansas Medical Center, Shawnee Mission Parkway, Westwood, KS 66205, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 47:483-7. 2012..This approach helped to control the overall cost of HSC collections for our BMT program by decreasing the need for remobilization, reducing the number of collection days and avoiding the use of plerixafor in all patients...
- Plerixafor and Filgrastim XM02 (Tevagastrim) as a first line peripheral blood stem cell mobilisation strategy in patients with multiple myeloma and lymphoma candidated to autologous bone marrow transplantationGiovanna Andreola
Stem Cell Collection Unit, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
Eur J Haematol 88:154-8. 2012..0 × 10(6) /kg in a median number of procedures of one. Although preliminary, these data show the combination of biosimilar filgrastim and plerixafor is effective and provides a non-toxic approach to mobilise stem cells...
- How I treat patients who mobilize hematopoietic stem cells poorlyL Bik To
Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Adelaide, Australia
Blood 118:4530-40. 2011..These include when to mobilize in relation to chemotherapy, how to schedule and perform apheresis, how to identify poor mobilizers, and what are the criteria for preemptive and immediate salvage use of plerixafor...
- Advances in stem cell mobilizationIbraheem H Motabi
Siteman Cancer Center, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 S Euclid Ave, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Blood Rev 26:267-78. 2012..This review will cover the current methods for stem cell mobilization and recent developments in the understanding of the biology of stem cells and the bone marrow microenvironment...
- Therapeutic relevance of CD34 cell dose in blood cell transplantation for cancer therapyS Siena
Falck Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Hematology and Oncology, Ospedale Niguarda Ca Granda, Milan, Italy
J Clin Oncol 18:1360-77. 2000..To review recent advances in peripheral-blood progenitor-cell (PBPC) transplantation in order to define the optimal cell dose required for autologous and allogeneic transplantation...
- Adipose tissue is an extramedullary reservoir for functional hematopoietic stem and progenitor cellsJinah Han
National Research Laboratory of Vascular Biology and Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology KAIST, Daejeon, Korea
Blood 115:957-64. 2010..Our results provide compelling evidence that adipose tissue is a novel extramedullary tissue possessing phenotypic and functional HSPCs...
- Hematopoietic progenitor cells (HPC) from mobilized peripheral blood display enhanced migration and marrow homing compared to steady-state bone marrow HPCHalvard Bonig
Department of Medicine Hematology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Exp Hematol 35:326-34. 2007..In the present study we explored whether independent of cell number there are intrinsic differences in the efficiency of progenitor cell homing to marrow between MPB and ssBM...
- AMD3100 plus G-CSF can successfully mobilize CD34+ cells from non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and multiple myeloma patients previously failing mobilization with chemotherapy and/or cytokine treatment: compassionate use dataG Calandra
AnorMED Corp of Genzyme Corp, Langley, British Columbia, Canada
Bone Marrow Transplant 41:331-8. 2008..AMD3100 plus G-CSF offers a new treatment to collect CD34+ cells for autologous transplant from poor mobilizers, with a high success rate...
- Mobilization of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells using inhibitors of CXCR4 and VLA-4M P Rettig
Division of Oncology, Siteman Cancer Center, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Leukemia 26:34-53. 2012..In this review, we discuss the development of small-molecule CXCR4 and VLA-4 inhibitors and how they may improve the utility and convenience of peripheral blood stem cell transplantation...
- Pre-mobilization therapy blood CD34+ cell count predicts the likelihood of successful hematopoietic stem cell mobilizationP Fu
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 38:189-96. 2006..Prospectively identifying individuals at risk for mobilization failure would allow for improved treatment planning, resource utilization and time saving...
- S1P promotes murine progenitor cell egress and mobilization via S1P1-mediated ROS signaling and SDF-1 releaseKarin Golan
Department of Immunology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
Blood 119:2478-88. 2012..The dynamic cross-talk between S1P and SDF-1 integrates BM stromal cells and hematopoeitic progenitor cell motility...
- Treatment with plerixafor in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and multiple myeloma patients to increase the number of peripheral blood stem cells when given a mobilizing regimen of G-CSF: implications for the heavily pretreated patientPatrick Stiff
BMT Program, Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, Illinois, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 15:249-56. 2009..Plerixafor and G-CSF increased circulating CD34 cells/microL and led to the adequate collection of stem cells for autotransplant in 96% of the patients. This combination may have particular value in heavily pretreated patients...
- Impact of mobilization and remobilization strategies on achieving sufficient stem cell yields for autologous transplantationIskra Pusic
Washington University School of Medicine, Siteman Cancer Center, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 14:1045-56. 2008..Patients who fail initial mobilization are more likely to fail remobilization. These findings suggest that there is a need for more effective first-line mobilization agents...
- Mobilization by either cyclophosphamide or granulocyte colony-stimulating factor transforms the bone marrow into a highly proteolytic environmentJean Pierre Levesque
Stem Cell Biology Laboratory, Peter MacCallum Cancer Institute, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Exp Hematol 30:440-9. 2002..We sought to determine whether mobilization induced by G-CSF or chemotherapy was triggered by common or distinct mechanisms...
- The use of AMD3100 plus G-CSF for autologous hematopoietic progenitor cell mobilization is superior to G-CSF aloneNeal Flomenberg
Thomas Jefferson University, 125 S Ninth St, Ste 801 Sheridan Bldg, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Blood 106:1867-74. 2005..All study objectives were met without significant toxicity. The results demonstrate that the combination of A + G is generally safe, effective, and superior to G alone for autologous HPC mobilization...
- Mobilized bone marrow cells repair the infarcted heart, improving function and survivalD Orlic
Cardiovascular Research Institute, Department of Medicine, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY 10595, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:10344-9. 2001..In conclusion, mobilization of primitive BMC by cytokines might offer a noninvasive therapeutic strategy for the regeneration of the myocardium lost as a result of ischemic heart disease and, perhaps, other forms of cardiac pathology...
- The challenge of biosimilarsH Mellstedt
Cancer Centre Karolinska, Department of Oncology, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, Stockholm, Sweden
Ann Oncol 19:411-9. 2008..The purpose of this report was to review issues associated with the introduction of alternative versions of biosimilars used in the oncology setting...
- Mobilization of bone marrow-derived Oct-4+ SSEA-4+ very small embryonic-like stem cells in patients with acute myocardial infarctionWojciech Wojakowski
Third Division of Cardiology, Medical University of Silesia, Katowice, Poland
J Am Coll Cardiol 53:1-9. 2009..This study sought to assess of the mobilization of nonhematopoietic very small embryonic-like stem cells (VSELs) in acute myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Involvement of the urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor in hematopoietic stem cell mobilizationCarmine Selleri
Division of Hematology, Istituto di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Sperimentale IEOS, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Via Pansini 5, I 80131, Naples, Italy
Blood 105:2198-205. 2005..c-suPAR could contribute to the mobilization of HSCs by promoting their FPR-mediated migration and by inducing CXCR4 desensitization...
- Effect of lenalidomide therapy on mobilization of peripheral blood stem cells in previously untreated multiple myeloma patientsA Mazumder
Leukemia 22:1280-1; author reply 1281-2. 2008
- Rapid mobilization of CD34+ cells following administration of the CXCR4 antagonist AMD3100 to patients with multiple myeloma and non-Hodgkin's lymphomaSteven M Devine
Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:1095-102. 2004..We performed a phase I study assessing the safety and clinical effects of AMD3100 in patients with multiple myeloma (MM) and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL)...
- Expression of the G-CSF receptor in monocytic cells is sufficient to mediate hematopoietic progenitor mobilization by G-CSF in miceMatthew J Christopher
Division of Oncology, Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Exp Med 208:251-60. 2011..Together, these data suggest a model in which G-CSFR signals in bone marrow monocytic cells inhibit the production of trophic factors required for osteoblast lineage cell maintenance, ultimately leading to HSPC mobilization...
- AMD3100 mobilizes hematopoietic stem cells with long-term repopulating capacity in nonhuman primatesAndre Larochelle
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bldg 10 CRC, Rm 4E 5132, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Blood 107:3772-8. 2006..G-CSF, suggesting fundamental differences in the mechanism of AMD3100-mediated and G-CSF-mediated hematopoietic stem cell mobilization. Thus, AMD3100-mobilized CD34(+) cells represent an alternative source of hematopoietic stem cells ..
- Estradiol enhances recovery after myocardial infarction by augmenting incorporation of bone marrow-derived endothelial progenitor cells into sites of ischemia-induced neovascularization via endothelial nitric oxide synthase-mediated activation of matrix mAtsushi Iwakura
Division of Cardiovascular Research, St Elizabeth s Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Circulation 113:1605-14. 2006..We hypothesized that estradiol could augment the incorporation of bone marrow (BM)-derived EPCs into sites of ischemia-induced neovascularization, resulting in protection from ischemic injury...
- Rapid mobilization of functional donor hematopoietic cells without G-CSF using AMD3100, an antagonist of the CXCR4/SDF-1 interactionSteven M Devine
The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center, Columbus, OH, USA
Blood 112:990-8. 2008..This trial was registered as no. NCT00241358 at www.ClinicalTrials.gov...
- In and out of the niche: perspectives in mobilization of hematopoietic stem cellsMohamad Mohty
Centre Hospitalier et Universitaire CHU de Nantes, Hématologie Clinique, Nantes, France
Exp Hematol 39:723-9. 2011..The future role of CXCR4 antagonists in treatment of hematologic malignancies includes mobilization of hematopoietic stem cells for transplantation and mobilization of leukemia-initiating cells for long-term cure...
- Proposed definition of 'poor mobilizer' in lymphoma and multiple myeloma: an analytic hierarchy process by ad hoc working group Gruppo ItalianoTrapianto di Midollo OsseoA Olivieri
Unità Operativa di Ematologia e Trapianto di Cellule Staminali, Ospedale San Carlo, Potenza, Italy
Bone Marrow Transplant 47:342-51. 2012..This definition of proven and predicted PMs should be validated in clinical trials and common clinical practice...
- Clinical impact and resource utilization after stem cell mobilization failure in patients with multiple myeloma and lymphomaM A Gertz
Division of Hematology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 45:1396-403. 2010..This usually unappreciated resource utilization associated with stem cell mobilization failure highlights the need for more effective mobilization strategies...
- Homing and mobilization of hematopoietic stem cells and hematopoietic cancer cells are mirror image processes, utilizing similar signaling pathways and occurring concurrently: circulating cancer cells constitute an ideal target for concurrent treatment wiY Gazitt
University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX 78284, USA
Leukemia 18:1-10. 2004....
- Beyond CD34+ cell dose: impact of method of peripheral blood hematopoietic stem cell mobilization (granulocyte-colony-stimulating factor [G-CSF], G-CSF plus plerixafor, or cyclophosphamide G-CSF/granulocyte-macrophage [GM]-CSF) on number of colony-formingErin T Alexander
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina, USA
Transfusion 51:1995-2000. 2011....
- Is there any difference in PBPC mobilization between cyclophosphamide plus G-CSF and G-CSF alone in patients with non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma?C Dazzi
Oncology and Hematology Department, Ospedale Santa Maria delle Croci, Ravenna, Italy
Leuk Lymphoma 39:301-10. 2000..Finally, we evaluated the engraftment kinetics and we did not observe any statistically significant difference between the two groups of patients...
- Plerixafor plus granulocyte colony-stimulating factor improves the mobilization of hematopoietic stem cells in patients with non-Hodgkin lymphoma and low circulating peripheral blood CD34+ cellsRichard T Maziarz
Center for Hematologic Malignancies and Adult Blood and MarrowTransplant Program, Knight Cancer Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 19:670-5. 2013..of plerixafor + granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF) over placebo + G-CSF for hematopoietic stem cell mobilization and collection was shown for patients with non-Hodgkin lymphoma in a phase III, prospective, ..
- Stem cell mobilization by granulocyte colony-stimulating factor in patients with acute myocardial infarction: a randomized controlled trialDietlind Zohlnhofer
Deutsches Herzzentrum, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
JAMA 295:1003-10. 2006..Granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF) induces mobilization of bone marrow stem cells...
- Development and validation of a decision-making algorithm to guide the use of plerixafor for autologous hematopoietic stem cell mobilizationL J Costa
Division of Haematology Oncology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 46:64-9. 2011..This validated algorithm provides a potential cost-saving decision tool for the use of plerixafor in autologous HSC mobilization...
- Poor mobilization of hematopoietic stem cells-definitions, incidence, risk factors, and impact on outcome of autologous transplantationPatrick Wuchter
Department of Internal Medicine V, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 410, Heidelberg, Germany
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 16:490-9. 2010..The majority of the patients today intended for autologous transplantations were able to mobilize readily. As long as > or =2.0 x 10(6) of CD34(+) cells/kg b.w. have been collected, PM was not associated with inferior engraftment...
- The role of natalizumab in hematopoietic stem cell mobilizationFrank Neumann
Heinrich Heine University, Department of Hematology, Oncology and Clinical Immunology, Duesseldorf, Germany
Expert Opin Biol Ther 9:1099-106. 2009..The use of natalizumab alone or in combination with either cytotoxic drugs or other antibodies might be a new modality for stem cell mobilization and a therapeutic option for patients with hematologic malignancies...
- Disruption of the CXCR4/CXCL12 chemotactic interaction during hematopoietic stem cell mobilization induced by GCSF or cyclophosphamideJean Pierre Levesque
Stem Cell Biology Laboratory, Peter MacCallum Cancer Institute, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Clin Invest 111:187-96. 2003....
- Plasminogen regulates stromal cell-derived factor-1/CXCR4-mediated hematopoietic stem cell mobilization by activation of matrix metalloproteinase-9Yanqing Gong
Joseph J Jacobs Center for Thrombosis and Vascular Biology, Cleveland Clinic Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 31:2035-43. 2011..Plasminogen (Plg) has been shown to be critical for HPSC mobilization. Here, we investigated the role of Plg in G-CSF-induced HPSC mobilization and the underlying mechanism...
- Pharmacological inhibition of EGFR signaling enhances G-CSF-induced hematopoietic stem cell mobilizationMarnie A Ryan
Division of Experimental Hematology and Cancer Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center CCHMC, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Nat Med 16:1141-6. 2010..Our findings reveal a previously unknown signaling pathway regulating stem cell mobilization and provide a new pharmacological approach for improving HSPC mobilization and thereby transplantation outcomes...
- Predicting PBSC harvest failure using circulating CD34 levels: developing target-based cutoff points for early interventionS Sinha
Division of Hematology, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 46:943-9. 2011..This study suggests that PB-CD34 thresholds should be based on collection target to allow for early intervention and to prevent collection failures...
- Successful stem cell remobilization using plerixafor (mozobil) plus granulocyte colony-stimulating factor in patients with non-hodgkin lymphoma: results from the plerixafor NHL phase 3 study rescue protocolIvana N Micallef
Mayo Clinic, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 15:1578-86. 2009..There were no drug-related serious AEs. These data support that plerixafor plus G-CSF can safely and effectively remobilize patients with NHL who have failed previous mobilization...
- Fludarabine combination regimen severely affected peripheral blood stem cell mobilizationDaniele Laszlo
Department of Hematoncology, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
Acta Haematol 111:228-9. 2004
- Management of poor peripheral blood stem cell mobilization: incidence, predictive factors, alternative strategies and outcome. A retrospective analysis on 2177 patients from three major Italian institutionsPaolo Perseghin
Unità di Aferesi e nuove Tecnologie Trasfusionali Servizio Trasfusionale, Dipartimento di Patologia Clinica, Ospedale San Gerardo de Tintori, Monza, Italy
Transfus Apher Sci 41:33-7. 2009..Thus, we investigated the fate of those who failed a first mobilization and subsequently underwent a second attempt or alternative therapeutic approaches...
- Mechanism of human stem cell migration and repopulation of NOD/SCID and B2mnull NOD/SCID mice. The role of SDF-1/CXCR4 interactionsT Lapidot
Department of Immunology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Ann N Y Acad Sci 938:83-95. 2001..We discuss the pleiotropic roles of SDF-1/CXCR4 interactions in human stem cell migration, development, and repopulation in transplanted immune-deficient mice...
- Plasmin therapy enhances mobilization of HPCs after G-CSFMarc Tjwa
Vesalius Research Center, Leuven, Belgium
Blood 112:4048-50. 2008..Moreover, thrombolytic agents, such as tenecteplase and microplasmin, enhance HPC mobilization in mice and humans. Taken together, these findings identify a novel role for plasmin in augmenting HPC mobilization in response to G-CSF...
- Cost and clinical analysis of autologous hematopoietic stem cell mobilization with G-CSF and plerixafor compared to G-CSF and cyclophosphamidePaul Shaughnessy
Texas Transplant Institute, San Antonio, Texas 78229, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 17:729-36. 2011..Additionally, plerixafor/G-CSF mobilization resulted in more predictable days of collection, no weekend apheresis procedures, and no unscheduled hospital admissions...
- Mobilization of peripheral blood stem cells in CLL patients after front-line fludarabine treatmentD Lysak
Department of Haematology and Oncology, Charles University Hospital, Alej Svobody 80, 304 60, Plzen, Czech Republic
Ann Hematol 84:456-61. 2005..Our data show that fludarabine does not generally prevent the stem cell mobilization; nevertheless, mechanisms related to the impact of fludarabine on stem cell harvest must be further investigated...
- Factors affecting mobilization of peripheral blood progenitor cells in patients with lymphomaC H Moskowitz
Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Clin Cancer Res 4:311-6. 1998..Alternative approaches, such as ex vivo expansion or the use of other growth factors in addition to G-CSF, may improve mobilization of progenitor cells for PBPC transplantation...
- Urokinase receptor mediates mobilization, migration, and differentiation of mesenchymal stem cellsKrishna C Vallabhaneni
Department of Nephrology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover D 30625, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 90:113-21. 2011..Though uPAR has been implicated in a broad spectrum of pathophysiological processes, nothing is known about uPAR in MSCs...
- Safety and efficacy assessment of plerixafor in patients with multiple myeloma proven or predicted to be poor mobilizers, including assessment of tumor cell mobilizationG Tricot
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 45:63-8. 2010..The safety profile of plerixafor in all patients was consistent with previous reports...
- A novel role of complement in mobilization: immunodeficient mice are poor granulocyte-colony stimulating factor mobilizers because they lack complement-activating immunoglobulinsRyan Reca
Stem Cell Institute, James Graham Brown Cancer Center, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky 40202, USA
Stem Cells 25:3093-100. 2007..Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article...
- Improving stem cell mobilization strategies: future directionsW Bensinger
Department of Medicine, Division of Oncology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 43:181-95. 2009..Novel agents used in conjunction with cytokines have the potential to increase PBSC collections without introducing additional morbidity, thereby improving patient outcomes...
- Differential effect of intracoronary infusion of mobilized peripheral blood stem cells by granulocyte colony-stimulating factor on left ventricular function and remodeling in patients with acute myocardial infarction versus old myocardial infarction: the Hyun Jae Kang
Cardiovascular Laboratory, Clinical Research Institute, Seoul National University Hospital, 28 Yongon Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul 110 744, Republic of Korea
Circulation 114:I145-51. 2006..In addition, the potential risk of restenosis associated with G-CSF-based stem cell therapy has not been evaluated in the setting of drug eluting stent (DES) implantation...
- Rescue from failed growth factor and/or chemotherapy HSC mobilization with G-CSF and plerixafor (AMD3100): an institutional experienceC J Fowler
Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Department of Medicine, Northwest Marrow Transplant Program, Center for Hematological Malignancies, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 43:909-17. 2009....
- A phase II study of plerixafor (AMD3100) plus G-CSF for autologous hematopoietic progenitor cell mobilization in patients with Hodgkin lymphomaAmanda Cashen
Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 14:1253-61. 2008..interaction between stromal cell-derived factor 1 (SDF-1) and its receptor CXCR4, is an effective hematopoietic stem cell mobilization agent in patients with multiple myeloma and non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL)...
- Differential mobilization of subsets of progenitor cells from the bone marrowSimon C Pitchford
Leukocyte Biology Section, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College, London SW7 2AZ, UK
Cell Stem Cell 4:62-72. 2009..These findings may inform studies investigating mechanisms that regulate progenitor cell recruitment in disease and can be exploited to provide efficacious stem cell therapy for tissue regeneration...
- Plerixafor plus granulocyte CSF can mobilize hematopoietic stem cells from multiple myeloma and lymphoma patients failing previous mobilization attempts: EU compassionate use dataR F Duarte
Department of Haematology, Catalan Institute of Oncology, Barcelona, Spain
Bone Marrow Transplant 46:52-8. 2011..5 ± 2.4; 8-33). In our experience, plerixafor offers an effective alternative to collect sufficient CD34+ cells for autologous SCT from patients who fail conventional mobilization methods, with good tolerance and a high success rate...
- Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic profile of new biosimilar filgrastim XM02 equivalent to marketed filgrastim Neupogen: single-blind, randomized, crossover trialHeinz Lubenau
BioGeneriX AG, Mannheim, Germany
BioDrugs 23:43-51. 2009..This study was conducted to compare the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic characteristics of the new biosimilar filgrastim XM02 with the marketed filgrastim (Neupogen)...
- Prediction of mobilisation failure in patients with non-Hodgkin's lymphomaT Kuittinen
Department of Medicine, Kuopio University Hospital, Kuopio, Finland
Bone Marrow Transplant 33:907-12. 2004..71 and a specificity of 0.77 in the prediction of mobilisation failure. Patients at a high risk of mobilisation failure may benefit from novel approaches...
- Poor hematopoietic stem cell mobilizers: a single institution study of incidence and risk factors in patients with recurrent or relapsed lymphomaChitra Hosing
Department of Stem Cell Transplantation and Cellular Therapy, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Am J Hematol 84:335-7. 2009..In the subset of patients who undergo chemomobilization for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma platelet count at the time of mobilization is a predictor of mobilization failure...
- Membrane-anchored uPAR regulates the proliferation, marrow pool size, engraftment, and mobilization of mouse hematopoietic stem/progenitor cellsMarc Tjwa
VIB Vesalius Research Center, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Clin Invest 119:1008-18. 2009..These findings identify MuPAR and plasmin as regulators of the proliferation, marrow pool size, homing, engraftment, and mobilization of HSPCs and possibly also of HSCs...
- BIO5192, a small molecule inhibitor of VLA-4, mobilizes hematopoietic stem and progenitor cellsPablo Ramirez
Divisions of Oncology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Blood 114:1340-3. 2009..These data provide evidence for the utility of small molecule inhibitors of VLA-4 either alone or in combination with G-CSF or AMD3100 for mobilization of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells...
- Compromised stem cell mobilization following induction therapy with lenalidomide in myelomaH Paripati
Leukemia 22:1282-4. 2008
- Novel strategies for blood stem cell mobilization: special focus on plerixaforEsa Jantunen
University of Eastern Finland, and Kuopio University Hospital, Department of Medicine, POB 1777, 70211 Kuopio, Finland
Expert Opin Biol Ther 11:1241-8. 2011..Blood stem cell mobilization strategies are therefore important components of all transplant programs...
- Pathways implicated in stem cell migration: the SDF-1/CXCR4 axisYaron Vagima
Immunology Department, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
Methods Mol Biol 750:277-89. 2011..Finally, other stem cell features such as stem cell survival and proliferation, are also dependent on the SDF-1/CXCR4 axis...
- Many mechanisms mediating mobilization: an alliterative reviewJonathan Hoggatt
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Curr Opin Hematol 18:231-8. 2011..We discuss recent advances and controversies in defining the mechanisms responsible for G-CSF-induced mobilization...
- Hematopoietic cell regulation by Rac1 and Rac2 guanosine triphosphatasesYi Gu
Division of Experimental Hematology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Science 302:445-9. 2003..Thus, Rac1 and Rac2 regulate unique aspects of hematopoietic development and function...
- The role of NOS3 in stem cell mobilizationAlexandra Aicher
Molecular Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine IV, University of Frankfurt, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt, Germany
Trends Mol Med 10:421-5. 2004
- The granulocyte colony-stimulating factor receptor is required for the mobilization of murine hematopoietic progenitors into peripheral blood by cyclophosphamide or interleukin-8 but not flt-3 ligandF Liu
Department of Medicine, Washington University Medical School, St Louis, MO 63110 1093, USA
Blood 90:2522-8. 1997..These results show that the G-CSFR is required for mobilization in response to cyclophosphamide or IL-8 but not flt-3 ligand and suggest that the G-CSFR may play an important and previously unexpected role in HPC migration...
- Peripheral blood progenitor cell (PBPC) counts during steady-state haemopoiesis enable the estimation of the yield of mobilized PBPC after granulocyte colony-stimulating factor supported cytotoxic chemotherapy: an update on 100 patientsS Fruehauf
Department of Internal Medicine V, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Br J Haematol 105:786-94. 1999..These results enable recognition of patients who mobilize PBPC poorly and may assist selection of patients for novel mobilization regimens...
- In vivo activity of the cleaved form of soluble urokinase receptor: a new hematopoietic stem/progenitor cell mobilizerCarmine Selleri
Department of Biochemistry and Medical Biotechnology, Institute of Experimental Endocrinology and Oncology National Research Council, Naples, Italy
Cancer Res 66:10885-90. 2006..These findings show for the first time in vivo biological effects of c-suPAR. Its capability to mobilize HSCs suggests potential clinical applications in HSC transplantation...
- Functional recovery of stroke rats induced by granulocyte colony-stimulating factor-stimulated stem cellsWoei Cherng Shyu
Department of Neurology, Neuro Medical Scientific Center, Tzu Chi Buddhist General Hospital, Tzu Chi University, Hualien, Taiwan
Circulation 110:1847-54. 2004..Stroke is a leading cause of death and disability worldwide; however, no effective treatment currently exists...
- Impairment of filgrastim-induced stem cell mobilization after prior lenalidomide in patients with multiple myelomaUday Popat
Department of Stem Cell Transplantation and Cellular Therapy, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 15:718-23. 2009..In patients with multiple myeloma, prior lenalidomide therapy is associated with failure of stem cell mobilization with filgrastim. Remobilization with chemotherapy and filgrastim is usually successful in these patients...
- Osteolineage niche cells initiate hematopoietic stem cell mobilizationShane R Mayack
Section on Developmental and Stem Cell Biology, Joslin Diabetes Center, Department of Stem Cell and Regenerative Biology, Harvard University, and Harvard Stem Cell Institute, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Blood 112:519-31. 2008..This work also establishes that direct interaction with osteolineage niche cells, in the absence of additional environmental inputs, is sufficient to modulate stem cell activity...
- Blood stem cell mobilization and collection in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukaemia: a nationwide analysisE Jantunen
Department of Medicine, Kuopio University Hospital, Kuopio, Finland
Bone Marrow Transplant 41:239-44. 2008..001). A significant proportion of patients with CLL were difficult to mobilize. Adequate marrow function including platelet counts >100 x 10(9)/l seem to be important factors in terms of successful blood stem cell collection...
- Plerixafor: A chemokine receptor-4 antagonist for mobilization of hematopoietic stem cells for transplantation after high-dose chemotherapy for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma or multiple myelomaMichael Steinberg
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Worcester, Massachusetts 01608, USA
Clin Ther 32:821-43. 2010..Plerixafor, a bicyclam molecule that acts as a pure antagonist of chemokine receptor-4, is approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for use in combination with G-CSF for mobilization of CD34+ HSC in patients with NHL or MM...
- The urokinase receptor in hematopoietic stem cells mobilizationFrancesco Blasi
San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Via Olgettina 60, Milano 20132 Italy
Curr Pharm Des 17:1911-3. 2011..Available data suggest that a similar mechanism may take place in humans...
- Large-volume-apheresis facilitates autologous transplantation of hematopoietic progenitors in poor mobilizer patientsMaria Juliana Majado
Servicio de Hematologia, Hospital Virgen de la Arrixaca, Murcia, Spain
J Clin Apher 24:12-7. 2009..6%) and 6 (15.0%) in groups A and B, respectively (P < 0.01). In conclusion LVA can facilitate autologous transplantation in poor-mobilizer-patients, low PA-CD34 should not be an inflexible exclusion factor...
- High-dose ara-C with autologous peripheral blood progenitor cell support induces a marked progenitor cell mobilization: an indication for patients at risk for low mobilizationC Tarella
Dip Med Oncol Sperimentale, Div Univ Ematologia, AO S Giovanni B, Torino, Italy
Bone Marrow Transplant 30:725-32. 2002..Thus, the scheme allowed sufficient PBPC collections for autografting in low mobilizer patients; in addition, the scheme could be considered whenever extensive chemotherapy debulking is needed prior to PBPC collection...
- Increased soluble urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (suPAR) serum levels after granulocyte colony-stimulating factor treatment do not predict successful progenitor cell mobilization in vivoThomas Fietz
Blood 107:3408-9. 2006
- Preceding chemotherapy, tumour load and age influence engraftment in multiple myeloma patients mobilized with granulocyte colony-stimulating factor aloneK R Desikan
The Myeloma and Transplantation Research Center, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Br J Haematol 112:242-7. 2001..e. beta(2)-microglobulin levels > 2.5 mg/l, probably benefit from chemotherapy for mobilization both in terms of cytoreduction and adequate stem cell mobilization resulting in accelerated engraftment...
- Mobilization of peripheral blood stem cells following myelosuppressive chemotherapy: a randomized comparison of filgrastim, sargramostim, or sequential sargramostim and filgrastimC H Weaver
CancerConsultants.com Inc, Ketchum, ID, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 27:S23-9. 2001..An economic analysis evaluating the cost-effectiveness of these three effective schedules is ongoing at the time of this writing...
- Impact of frontline fludarabine and cyclophosphamide combined treatment on peripheral blood stem cell mobilization in B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemiaOlivier Tournilhac
Service d Hematologie Clinique, Hotel Dieu, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Clermont Ferrand, Paris, France
Blood 103:363-5. 2004..0 x 106/kg or more CD34 cells were collected in only 12. Explorations of the mechanism of poor mobilization and adaptation of PBSC harvest policies after fludarabine treatment are therefore warranted...
- Is chemotherapy scoring useful to predict progenitor cell mobilisation in patients with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma?E Jantunen
Department of Medicine, Kuopio University Hospital, Kuopio, Finland
Bone Marrow Transplant 32:569-73. 2003..Thus, both the original scoring system as well as our more widely applicable scoring system seem to be of limited value in predicting progenitor cell mobilisation in patients with NHL...
- Impaired PBPC collection in patients with myeloma after high-dose melphalanJ Jansen
Indiana Blood and Marrow Transplantation, Beech Grove, Indiana 46107, USA
Cytotherapy 6:498-504. 2004....
- Randomized trial of filgrastim versus chemotherapy and filgrastim mobilization of hematopoietic progenitor cells for rescue in autologous transplantationU Narayanasami
Division of Hematology-Oncology, Cancer Center and Tupper Research Institute, New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Blood 98:2059-64. 2001..This randomized trial provides clinical evidence that the use of G-CSF alone is adequate for HPC mobilization, even in heavily pretreated patients with relapsed lymphoma...
- The effect of cholesterol levels on hematopoietic stem cell mobilizationAyhan Donmez
Ege University Medical School, Department of Hematology, Izmir, Turkey
Transfus Apher Sci 47:9-12. 2012Data regarding effects of cholesterol levels on hematopoietic stem cell mobilization are limited...
- Salvage therapy with an outpatient DHAP schedule followed by PBSC transplantation in 79 lymphoma patients: an intention to mobilize and transplant analysisAttilio Olivieri
Department of Haematology of Ancona University, Italy
Eur J Haematol 72:10-7. 2004..Randomized studies are needed to better define the role of DHAP in LG-NHL and HD patients...
- Good and poor CD34+ cells mobilization in acute leukemia: analysis of factors affecting the yield of progenitor cellsD Pastore
Hematology Section, Department DIMIMP, University of Bari, Italy
Bone Marrow Transplant 33:1083-7. 2004..These results may enable early recognition of patients who may have poor mobilization, and aid selection of patients for different mobilization regimens...
- Restoration of Immune Tolerance in Type 1 DiabetesDaniel J Moore; Fiscal Year: 2013..In this proposal, we will determine the role of hematopoietic stem cell mobilization during tolerance induction, its control by bone marrow intrinsic and extrinsic factors, and the ..
- Rac GTPase-Specific Small Molecular InhibitorsYi Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2013..it to study a number of physiological and pathological functions of Rac GTPases ranging from hematopoietic stem cell mobilization, platelet regulation, to schwannoma phenotype reversion...
- Improving hematopoietic stem cell mobilization by the EGFR inhibitor ErlotinibHartmut Geiger; Fiscal Year: 2012..In this project we will focus on developing inhibition of EGFR signaling by Erlotinib a a novel product to improve stem cell mobilization and the successful treatment of cancer patients. 1 ..
- Genetic Reg. of Hematopoietic Stem Cell MobilizationHartmut Geiger; Fiscal Year: 2007..g. to muscle tissue, or to other hematopoietic niches. ..
- The CXCR4-SDF-1 Axis in Metastatic RhabdomyosarcomaMariusz Ratajczak; Fiscal Year: 2009..This work will be of relevance for designing strategies to block the SDF-1-CXCR4 axis to treat CXCR4-positive cancers. ..
- CELLULAR AND MOLECULAR BASIS OF HIV BASED THROMBOCYTOPENMariusz Ratajczak; Fiscal Year: 2002..In toto, the studies proposed in this grant will increase the knowledge about pathogenesis of AIDS associated thrombocytopenia and may lead to development of new strategies for its treatment of prevention. (End of Abstract) ..
- BIOLOGICAL PROPERTIES AND REGULATION OF STEM CELLSThalia Papayannopoulou; Fiscal Year: 2009..We believe that the proposed studies will enhance our understanding and provide a more comprehensive picture of the influence of <x4 integrins on prenatal and postnatal hematopoiesis. ..
- Acquisition of FACSVantage SE Flow CytometerYair Gazitt; Fiscal Year: 2004..The new equipment will also widen the user's base, save sort time, reduce costs for users and will render sorting affordable to new users, especially in cases where low frequency (<1%) cell populations are sorted. ..
- GLOBIN SWITCHING AND ERYTHROID DIFFERENTIATIONThalia Papayannopoulou; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Role of Survivin in Blood Stem Cell Cycle and ApoptosisLOUIS PELUS; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Chemokine induced hematopoietic stem cell mobilizationLOUIS PELUS; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Phase 3 stem cell transplant for light chain amyloidosisMorie A Gertz; Fiscal Year: 2011..In addition, the analysis of clonal precursor B cells in the periphery and kinetics of amyloid formation of the monoclonal light chain will allow us to define and determine the mechanisms of disease progression and response to therapy. ..
- DLI using genetically modified T cells: Phase 1 trialJohn Dipersio; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- CARDINAL BERNARDIN CANCER CENTER, LOYOLA UNIVERSITYPatrick Stiff; Fiscal Year: 2002..At the completion of this grant, the Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center plans to be positioned to successfully apply for a P-30 Cancer Center Support Grant. ..
- Proapoptotic Therapy for B-cell Non Hodgkin's LymphomaAjay Gopal; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FACTORS INFLUENCING STEM CELL AND PLATELET PRODUCTIONMalcolm Moore; Fiscal Year: 2002..e., adult populations acquiring features of neonatal cells, or whether there is a tendency for "immortalized" cells to undergo neoplastic transformation. ..
- Development of SL-101, An Immunotoxin that Targets Cancer Stem CellsMalcolm Moore; Fiscal Year: 2006..This Phase I STTR grant will cover the development of SL-101 through key phases of pre-clinical development. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Significance of Oral KS in an African SettingThomas Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2006..It is expected that the results of these studies will provide useful information to programs for introduction of contemporary antiretroviral treatment in resource-limited areas of Africa. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Myocardial regeneration in ischemic cardiomyopathyMarc Penn; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- INHIBITION OF HHV 8 GENE EXPRESSION BY RIBOZYMESThomas Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- OPTIMIZING RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY FOR NON HODGKIN'S LYMPHOMAAjay Gopal; Fiscal Year: 2005..We anticipate that these interventions will ultimately enhance the prognosis for patients with relapsed lymphoma by increasing the response and survival rates, while simultaneously minimizing toxicities. ..
- Angiogenic determinants of endogenous adult neurogenesisSteven Goldman; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Tissue Reconstituting Potential of Human Stem CellsMakio Ogawa; Fiscal Year: 2008..Specific Aim #3: To determine the developmental control of the tissue reconstituting potentials of the stem cells in neonatal and adult mouse xenografts. ..
- Protection from GVHD with Gene-Modified Donor T CellsRichard Nash; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Mechanisms Involved in T cell trafficking in GVHDJonathan Serody; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will evaluate if small peptides that could be used clinically are effective in blocking the occurrence of GVHD as a prelude to their use in phase I clinical trials. ..
- Endothelial Potential of Bone Marrow Derived ProgenitorsWilliam Fleming; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will identify bone marrow derived endothelial progenitors that in the future may be targeted to enhance vascular repair and to attenuate the progression of vascular disease. ..
- Regulation of adult human oligodendrocyte progenitorsSteven Goldman; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Differentiation of Glioma from Radiation Injury Using Cellular MRISyed Ali; Fiscal Year: 2008..This magnetic labeling technique will also help investigators to track the injected CTL in the body as well as in the targeted areas by magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Treg Migration in GVHDJonathan Serody; Fiscal Year: 2009..The overall goals of this work are to provide a better understanding of the mechanism of activity of Treg cells prior to a clinical trial evaluating their effects in blocking GVHD. ..
- Stem Cell Quality Assays: Correlation with Aging/HealthJOHN GRAHAM SHARP; Fiscal Year: 2010..This research will validate laboratory assays of stem cell compartment quality which can then be applied to clinical situations and may reveal blood cytokine assays with surrogate predictive value. ..
- Induction of Striatal Regeneration in Huntington's DiseaseSteven Goldman; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- INTEGRINS IN ACUTE RENAL FAILUREMICHAEL GOLIGORSKY; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Cellular MRI in Glioma and Radiation NecrosisAli Syed Arbab; Fiscal Year: 2010..Early detection of recurrent or metastatic glioma as well as early differentiation of glioma from radiation necrosis will help clinician to tackle the devastating neurological disease. ..
- Role of Progenitor Cells in Cardiovascular MedicineDouglas W Losordo; Fiscal Year: 2010..Accordingly, in this proposal we will employ a series of in vivo and in vitro model systems to define the role of EPCs in recovery from myocardial ischemia with a goal of developing future therapeutic strategies exploiting these cells. ..
- USE OF mTOR INHIBITORS IN B CELL LEUKEMIAStephan Grupp; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will immediately translate to the designs of follow-up studies of these agents. ..
- Hematopoietic Origin of Mesenchymal CellsMakio Ogawa; Fiscal Year: 2009..e. abilities to generate fat tissues, bones and cartilages. The knowledge gained from these studies will allow subsequent development of new, unique avenues of therapy for obesity and diseases of bones and joints. ..
- Combined Gene Therapy for Metastatic Breast CancerJohn Ojeifo; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Cell Cycle Related Transdifferentation PlasticityMehrdad Abedi; Fiscal Year: 2007..This project will explore the functional plasticity of marrow to transdifferentate into nonhematopoietic tissues (heart, skeletal muscle and in liver). ..
- INTEGRIN SIGNALING IN ACUTE LYMPHOBLASTIC LEUKEMIAArnold Freedman; Fiscal Year: 2001..Understanding the cell-cell interaction between BM stromal cells and pre-B ALL cells may provide future therapeutic strategies with which to modulate the growth of these leukemias. ..
- Evaluation of Stem Cell Plasticity In VivoGraca Almeida Porada; Fiscal Year: 2004..With these studies we hope to provide novel insights into the location of latent stem cell poois within the body and define the behavior and capabilities of these cells that are potentially of great clinical value. ..
- ONTOGENY AND DEVELOPMENT OF HEMATOPOIETIC STEM CELLSWilliam Fleming; Fiscal Year: 2004..The relative dominance of each will then be assessed. Then, the role of the immune system and the effects it mediates on transplanted hematopoietic stem cells will be examined. ..
- ESTROGEN, ANGIOGENESIS AND ENDOTHELIAL PROGENITOR CELLSDouglas Losordo; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Etanercept Therapy in Follicular LymphomaArnold Freedman; Fiscal Year: 2003..This study is a novel approach to treating FL, where targeting the microenvironment of the tumor may inhibit the growth and survival of the neoplastic cells. ..
- LEUKEMIA THERAPY WITH MIHA SPECIFIC T CELLSWei Chen; Fiscal Year: 2002..3. To develop methods develops for in vitro induction of MiHA-specific T cells for leukemia therapy. ..
- MIXED CHIMERISM FOLLOWING BMT FOR HEMATOLOGIC MALIGNANCYThomas Spitzer; Fiscal Year: 2002..It is anticipated that these studies will advance a new approach to separating GVHD from graft-versus-leukemia effects of alloreactive donor T cells. ..
- CANCER AND LEUKEMIA GROUP BMARGARET KESSINGER; Fiscal Year: 2002..During the coming grant period, UNMC will continue to make major contributions to group accrual, group science and group administration. Additional financial support will facilitate and strengthen these contributions. ..
- IDENTIFICATION AND PURIFICATION OF HUMAN STEM CELLSMakio Ogawa; Fiscal Year: 2001..NOD/SCID mouse model is more practical for limiting dilution studies. We already have exciting preliminary data regarding the use of myeloablated NOD/SCID newborn mice for quantitation of human engrafting cells. ..
- Research/Innovative Populations/Craft Ethical GuidelinesRebecca Pentz; Fiscal Year: 2004..W., Steinberg K.K., Khoury M.J., Thomson, E., Andrews, L., Kahn, M.J., Kopelman, L.M., Weiss, J.O., Consensus Statement: Informed Consent for Genetic Research on Stored Tissue Samples. JAMA (1995) 274:1786-1792. ..
- CpG Plus Rituximab Therapy in Follicular LymphomaArnold Freedman; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study is a novel approach to treating FL, where augmenting antigen presentation and effector cells may lead to enhanced cytotoxic effects of rituximab and induce anti-tumor immunity. ..
- MOLECULAR REGULATION OF HUMAN MELANOMA METASTASISRakesh Singh; Fiscal Year: 2007..We anticipate that the knowledge gained from these studies will identify new therapeutic targets for inhibiting the ligand binding and/or signal transduction events and the development of therapeutics for malignant melanoma. ..
- RESTENOSIS AND ENDOTHELIAL PROLIFERATIONDouglas Losordo; Fiscal Year: 2007..Together these studies will result in a better understanding of the mechanisms, which govern EC recovery at sites of balloon injury and may lead to novel therapeutic strategies targeting endothelial recovery. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Multimodality Therapy for Metastatic Breast CancerJonathan Serody; Fiscal Year: 2006..The long-term goals of this work are to evaluate safe and effective therapies that induce a complete remission for the treatment of women with metastatic breast cancer. ..
- Transdifferentiation Potential of Bone Marrow Stem CellsMakio Ogawa; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- CELLULAR IMMUNOTHERAPY FOR HEMATOLOGIC MALIGNANCYJohn Levine; Fiscal Year: 2006..2A. To evaluate a panel of cytokines as surrogate markers for GVHD and correlate these with clinical outcomes during the above trial. 2B. To correlate changes in minimal residual disease with clinical outcomes during the above trial. ..
- POST TRANSPLANT T CELL RECONSTITUTION IN NEUROBLASTOMAStephan Grupp; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Nonmyeloablative Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation for Severe Systemic SclerosisRichard Nash; Fiscal Year: 2006..The unique observations in this study regarding responses and recovery of organs after inducing a sustained remission of SSc will serve to focus and direct other non-transplant research activities. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- In Utero Stem Cell Transplantation for Hemophilia AGraca Almeida Porada; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- PREVENTION OF VASCULOPATHY AND NEPHROPATHY IN METABOLIC SYNDROMEMichael S Goligorsky; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- ENGRAFTING SENSITIZED HOSTS WITH NONABLATIVE REGIMENSRichard Nash; Fiscal Year: 2002..By lessening the morbidity and mortality associated with conventional conditioning, these studies could significantly change the management of selected inherited red blood cell diseases. ..
- DENDRITIC CELL THERAPY OF CHRONIC MYELOGENOUS LEUKEMIAMark Litzow; Fiscal Year: 2003..The combined data will provide a comprehensive understanding of the interaction of the immune system and CML and will yield information required for the rational design of more effective clinical protocols in the future. ..
- Lung Transplantation and Immune Tolerance in Young RecipientsRichard Nash; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Endothelial dysfunction in acute renal ischemiaMICHAEL GOLIGORSKY; Fiscal Year: 2007..Number of publicationsand manuscriptsacceptedfor publication (not to exceed 10) 10 Other items (list): 1. Color illustrations from the grant application 2. Movies - intravital videomicroscopy supplement ..