Genomes and Genes
Summary: Pathological processes of the PANCREAS.
Publications230 found, 100 shown here
- The role of epoxide hydrolase Y113H gene variant in pancreatic diseasesJohann Ockenga
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Endocrinology, Charite, Campus Mitte, Germany
Pancreas 38:e97-e101. 2009..We studied the role of the EPHX1 c.337T>C (p.Y113H) variant, whichleads to altered enzyme activity, in pancreatic diseases.
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease is related to nonalcoholic fatty pancreas diseaseErwin Jan M van Geenen
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Pancreas 39:1185-90. 2010..In contrast to NAFLD, pathophysiological mechanisms and clinical relevance of PS remain unknown. This study aimed to identify a possible relation between PS and NAFLD...
- A prospective evaluation of fatty pancreas by using EUSPaul S Sepe
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Radiology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 73:987-93. 2011..Fatty liver is associated with obesity, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, and the metabolic syndrome. The pathophysiology of fatty pancreas is poorly understood, but it may be closely related to fatty liver...
- Risk factors for hyperechogenic pancreas on endoscopic ultrasound: a case-control studyMohammad Al-Haddad
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Surgery, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Pancreas 38:672-5. 2009..The objective of this study was to evaluate the effect of body mass index (BMI), hepatic steatosis, and other metabolic risk factors on HP seen on EUS...
- Quantification of pancreatic lipomatosis and liver steatosis by MRI: comparison of in/opposed-phase and spectral-spatial excitation techniquesNina F Schwenzer
Section on Experimental Radiology, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Eberhard Karls University, Tubingen, Germany
Invest Radiol 43:330-7. 2008..Results of both approaches were compared, and influences of T1- and T2*-related corrections were assessed. The possibility of a correlation between pancreatic lipomatosis and liver steatosis was investigated...
- Major quantitative trait loci affect resistance to infectious pancreatic necrosis in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar)Ross D Houston
Division of Genetics and Genomics, Roslin Institute and Royal Dick School of Veterinary Studies, Roslin Biocentre, Midlothian, United Kingdom
Genetics 178:1109-15. 2008..The identified QTL can be applied in marker-assisted selection programs to improve the resistance of salmon to IPN and reduce disease-related mortality...
- Pancreatic steatosis in humans: cause or marker of lipotoxicity?Daniel H van Raalte
Diabetes Centre, Department of Internal Medicine, VU University Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 13:478-85. 2010..The purpose of this review is to describe the mechanisms underlying lipotoxicity in vitro, to discuss the evidence for lipotoxicity in vivo and to address whether pancreatic lipid accumulation interferes with insulin secretion in humans...
- Variations of oral microbiota are associated with pancreatic diseases including pancreatic cancerJames J Farrell
Division of Digestive Diseases, Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Gut 61:582-8. 2012..In this study, we measured variations of salivary microbiota and evaluated their potential associations with pancreatic cancer and chronic pancreatitis...
- Lack of evidence for vertical transmission of SAV 3 using gametes of Atlantic salmon, Salmo salar L., exposed by natural and experimental routesR T Kongtorp
National Veterinary Institute, Oslo and Bergen, Norway
J Fish Dis 33:879-88. 2010..It is concluded that if it happens at all, vertical transmission is of minor importance in the spread of SAV 3...
- Deficiency of UBR1, a ubiquitin ligase of the N-end rule pathway, causes pancreatic dysfunction, malformations and mental retardation (Johanson-Blizzard syndrome)Martin Zenker
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Schwabachanlage 10, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Nat Genet 37:1345-50. 2005..Our findings indicate that deficiency of UBR1 perturbs the pancreas' acinar cells and other organs, presumably owing to metabolic stabilization of specific substrates of the N-end rule pathway...
- Clinical implications of fatty pancreas: correlations between fatty pancreas and metabolic syndromeJun Seok Lee
Department of Department of Internal Medicine, Eulji University School of Medicine, Nowon Gu, Seoul, South Korea
World J Gastroenterol 15:1869-75. 2009..To investigate the clinical implications of lipid deposition in the pancreas (fatty pancreas)...
- The clinical significance of pancreatic steatosisMark M Smits
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Vrije Universiteit University Medical Center, De Boelelaan 1117, Amsterdam, 1081 HV, The Netherlands
Nat Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol 8:169-77. 2011..This Review focuses on the different etiological factors and the clinical consequences of pancreatic steatosis...
- Severe chronic pancreatitis versus suspected pancreatic disease: dynamic MR cholangiopancreatography after secretin stimulationR Manfredi
Department of Radiology, A Gemelli University Hospital, Rome, Italy
Radiology 214:849-55. 2000..To assess whether secretin stimulation improves visualization of the pancreatic ducts at magnetic resonance (MR) cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) in patients with severe chronic pancreatitis or suspected pancreatic disease...
- Congenital and developmental pancreatic anomalies: ultrasound, computed tomography, and magnetic resonance imaging featuresEls L F Nijs
Department of Radiology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Semin Ultrasound CT MR 28:395-401. 2007..Basic knowledge of the normal embryology is of utmost importance to be able to recognize these disorders...
- Fibrosis of the pancreas: the initial tissue damage and the resulting patternGunter Kloppel
Department of Pathology, University of Kiel, Michaelisstrasse 11, 24105, Kiel, Germany
Virchows Arch 445:1-8. 2004....
- Indications and limitations of endoscopic ultrasound elastography for evaluation of focal pancreatic lesionsT O Hirche
Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Endoscopy 40:910-7. 2008..The aim of this prospective study was to investigate the role of this new technique in the characterization and differentiation of focal pancreatic lesions...
- Rosiglitazone aggravates nonalcoholic Fatty pancreatic disease in C57BL/6 mice fed high-fat and high-sucrose dietCaroline Fernandes-Santos
Laboratory of Morphometry and Cardiovascular Morphology, Biomedical Center, Institute of Biology, State University of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Pancreas 38:e80-6. 2009....
- Ultrasonography of the pancreas. 4. Contrast-enhanced imagingM D'Onofrio
Department of Radiology, G B Rossi Hospital, University of Verona, Piazzale L A Scuro 10, 37134 Verona, Italy
Abdom Imaging 32:171-81. 2007..Moreover the staging of some pancreatic lesions can be improved by the use of contrast media. This article will review the clinical application of CEUS in the different pancreatic pathologies...
- CEA, CA 19-9, and CA 125 in the differential diagnosis of benign and malignant pancreatic diseases with or without jaundiceNüvit Duraker
Fifth Department of Surgery, SSK Okmeydani Training Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
J Surg Oncol 95:142-7. 2007In this study, the value of the serum tumor markers carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA), CA 19-9, and CA 125 was assessed in the differential diagnosis of benign and malignant pancreatic diseases with and without obstructive jaundice.
- Annular pancreas in adultsKumaresan Sandrasegaran
Department of Radiology, Indiana University School of Medicine, 550 N University Blvd, UH 0279, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 193:455-60. 2009..The purpose of this study was to review the CT, MRI, and ERCP findings of annular pancreas in adults...
- Systematic review of minimally invasive pancreatic resectionChristopher D Briggs
Cancer Biomarkers and Prevention Group, Department of Cancer Studies and Molecular Medicine, Bio centre, University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester LE1 7RH, UK
J Gastrointest Surg 13:1129-37. 2009..This article reviews the current published literature on the safety and efficacy of minimally invasive surgery of the pancreas...
- Prevalence of diabetes mellitus secondary to pancreatic diseases (type 3c)N Ewald
Third Medical Department and Policlinic, University Hospital Giessen and Marburg, Giessen Site, Klinikstrasse 33, Giessen, Germany
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 28:338-42. 2012Diabetes mellitus secondary to pancreatic diseases is a condition seldom thought of in clinical practice...
- Contrast-enhanced ultrasound of the pancreas--a method beyond its potential or a new diagnostic standard?Radu Badea
Third Medical Clinic, University of Medicine and Pharmacy Iuliu Hatieganu, Cluj Napoca, Romania
J Gastrointestin Liver Dis 18:237-42. 2009..Contrast-enhanced ultrasound might represent a valuable additional imaging method to contrast CT for selected cases...
- A comparative study of marine salmonid alphavirus subtypes 1-6 using an experimental cohabitation challenge modelD A Graham
Veterinary Sciences Division, Agri food and Biosciences Institute of Northern Ireland, Stormont, Belfast, UK
J Fish Dis 34:273-86. 2011..These results demonstrate for the first time that shedding and transmission of virus may occur by both these routes and suggest that dispersal in these matrices should be included in any disease transmission models...
- Epidermoid cyst originating from an intrapancreatic accessory spleenT Sonomura
Department of Radiology, Kishiwada Tokushukai Hospital, 4 22 38 Isonokami Cho, Kishiwada shi, Osaka, 596 8522, Japan
Abdom Imaging 27:560-2. 2002..It is important to note the relation between the splenic parenchyma and the parenchymal component of the mass for the differential diagnosis of a cystic mass in the pancreatic tail...
- Laparoscopic spleen-preserving pancreatic tail resection for an intrapancreatic accessory spleen mimicking a nonfunctioning endocrine tumor: report of a caseTakashi Hamada
First Department of Surgery, Mie University School of Medicine, 2 174 Edobashi, Tsu, Mie 514 8507, Japan
Surg Today 34:878-81. 2004..The patient was discharged on postoperative day 14, but was readmitted 6 days later because of a pancreatic fistula, which was treated by CT-guided percutaneous drainage...
- Pancreatic lipomatosis is a structural marker in nondiabetic children with mutations in carboxyl-ester lipaseHelge Raeder
Section for Pediatrics, Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Bergen, N 5020 Bergen, Norway
Diabetes 56:444-9. 2007..Our findings suggest that lipomatosis of the pancreas reflects early events involved in the pathogenesis of diabetes and exocrine pancreatic dysfunction syndrome...
- Assessment of the pancreatic and intrapancreatic bile ducts using 0.5-mm collimation and multiplanar reformatted images in multislice CTShigeki Itoh
Department of Technical Radiology, Nagoya University School of Health Sciences, 65 Tsurumai cho Showa ku, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Eur Radiol 13:277-85. 2003..The MPR images combined with 0.5-mm axial images improve the CT depiction of the pancreatic and intrapancreatic bile ducts in comparison with 0.5-mm axial, 2-mm axial, and 6-mm axial images alone...
- Pancreatic renin-angiotensin system: a novel target for the potential treatment of pancreatic diseases?Po Sing Leung
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong Shatin, Hong Kong
JOP 4:89-91. 2003
- CT-guided transvenous or transcaval needle biopsy of pancreatic and peripancreatic lesionsConstantinos T Sofocleous
Department of Radiology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 15:1099-104. 2004..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of direct computed tomography (CT)-guided fine needle aspiration biopsy (FNAB) of pancreatic and peripancreatic masses via a posterior approach that traverses the inferior vena cava (IVC) or renal vein...
- Epidemiological observations of pancreas disease of farmed Atlantic salmon, Salmo salar L., in IrelandH Rodger
Vet Aqua International, Oranmore Business Park, Oranmore, Co Galway, Ireland
J Fish Dis 30:157-67. 2007....
- Mechanisms of pancreatic fibrosisM V Apte
Pancreatic Research Group, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
Dig Dis 22:273-9. 2004....
- Human anionic trypsinogen: properties of autocatalytic activation and degradation and implications in pancreatic diseasesZoltán Kukor
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Boston University, USA
Eur J Biochem 270:2047-58. 2003..Taken together, the observations indicate that up-regulation of anionic trypsinogen in pancreatic diseases does not affect physiological trypsinogen activation, but significantly limits trypsin generation under ..
- Congenital pancreatic anomalies, variants, and conditionsLauren F Alexander
Department of Radiology, University of Alabama Birmingham, 619 19th Street South, JTN355B, Birmingham, AL 35249 6830, USA
Radiol Clin North Am 50:487-98. 2012..Common mimics of masses are also covered...
- Long-term high-fat diet induces pancreatic injuries via pancreatic microcirculatory disturbances and oxidative stress in rats with hyperlipidemiaMing Xian Yan
Department of Gastroenterology, Shandong University Qilu Hospital, Jinan, Shandong Province, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 347:192-9. 2006....
- Epithelial inclusion cyst (epidermoid cyst) formation with epithelioid cell granuloma in an intrapancreatic accessory spleenY Horibe
Department of Pathology, Clinical Laboratory, Fujita Health University Second Teaching Hospital, Oto Bashi, Nakagawa ward, Nagoya City, Aichi 454 8509, Japan
Pathol Int 51:50-4. 2001..Frequent recurrence of chronic inflammation and epitheloid cell granuloma formation may have resulted from an aberration of the ectopic remaining pancreatic tissue in the spleen...
- Pancreatic development and anatomical variationT Kozu
Institute of Gastroenterology, Tokyo Women s Medical College, Japan
Gastrointest Endosc Clin N Am 5:1-30. 1995..Every endoscopist who engages in pancreatography or related diagnostic and therapeutic procedures should always be aware of all sorts of anatomical variations he or she might encounter...
- Masses in or around the pancreatic head: CT-guided coaxial fine-needle aspiration biopsy with a posterior transcaval approachSanjay Gupta
Section of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Box 325, Houston, TX 77030
Radiology 222:63-9. 2002....
- A stochastic model for the assessment of the transmission pathways of heart and skeleton muscle inflammation, pancreas disease and infectious salmon anaemia in marine fish farms in NorwayMagne Aldrin
Norwegian Computing Center, P O Box 114 Blindern, N 0314, Oslo, Norway
Prev Vet Med 93:51-61. 2010..This comparative study highlights that the three diseases have different patterns of spread, with important consequences for disease prevention and management...
- Electronic pancreatoscopy for the diagnosis of pancreatic diseasesTadashi Kodama
Department of Gastroenterology, Otsu Municipal Hospital, Shiga, Japan
Am J Gastroenterol 97:617-22. 2002Diagnostic pancreatoscopy was performed in 56 patients using the newly developed peroral electronic pancreatoscope (PEPS). The diagnostic value of the PEPS for pancreatic diseases was evaluated.
- Pancreatic tuberculosis: a clinical and imaging review of 32 casesArpit M Nagar
Departments of Radiology, King Edward VII Memorial Hospital, Acharya Dhonde Marg, Parel, Mumbai, India
J Comput Assist Tomogr 33:136-41. 2009..The imaging features including computed tomography (CT) and ultrasonography in diagnosed cases of tubercular involvement of the pancreas are described, with an overview of clinical features and laboratory investigations...
- Hydatid cyst of the pancreas. An experience with six casesOmar Javed Shah
Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, Sher I Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences, Srinagar, Kashmir, India
JOP 11:575-81. 2010..The pancreas is an infrequent site of hydatid disease...
- Fine needle aspiration diagnosis of isolated pancreatic tuberculosis. A case report and review of literatureSanjay D'Cruz
Department of Medicine, Government Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh, India
JOP 4:158-62. 2003..Its indolent course and vague symptomatology along with non-specific laboratory and radiological findings call for greater vigilance...
- Hydatid disease of the pancreasMiguel Echenique-Elizondo
Department of Surgery, Donostia Hospital, School of Medicine, Basque Country University, San Sebastian, Spain
JOP 5:51-2. 2004
- Dynamic quantitative evaluation of contrast-enhanced endoscopic ultrasonography in the diagnosis of pancreatic diseasesHiroshi Matsubara
Department of Gastroenterology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, and Department of Endoscopy, Nagoya University Hospital, Nagoya City, Japan
Pancreas 40:1073-9. 2011This study aimed to investigate the usefulness of contrast-enhanced endoscopic ultrasonography (EUS) with time-intensity curve (TIC) in differentiating pancreatic diseases.
- The susceptibility of Atlantic salmon fry to freshwater infectious pancreatic necrosis is largely explained by a major QTLR D Houston
The Roslin Institute and Royal Dick School of Veterinary Studies, University of Edinburgh, Roslin Biocentre, Midlothian, UK
Heredity (Edinb) 105:318-27. 2010..These results have clear scientific and practical implications for the control of IPN...
- Heat shock proteins in pancreatic diseasesAshok Saluja
Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23:S42-5. 2008..Moreover, triptolide is highly efficacious in reducing growth as well as locoregional spread of pancreatic tumors in an orthotopic model of pancreatic cancer and has tremendous potential as a novel therapeutic agent...
- A modified fast-track program for pancreatic surgery: a prospective single-center experiencePierluigi Di Sebastiano
Department of Surgery, IRCCS Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza Hospital, San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy
Langenbecks Arch Surg 396:345-51. 2011..The objective of this study is to evaluate the impact of a fast-track protocol in a high-volume center for patients with pancreatic disorders...
- Epidemiology of pancreatic diseases in Lüneburg County. A study in a defined german populationP G Lankisch
Department of Internal Medicine, Municipal Clinic of Luneburg, Germany
Pancreatology 2:469-77. 2002..Our study sought to determine the incidence of all three pancreatic diseases in a well-defined population in Germany.
- Laparoscopic resection of pancreatic hydatid diseaseWalid Faraj
Department of Surgery, American University of Beirut Medical Center, PO Box 11 0236, Beirut, Lebanon
Surgery 139:438-41. 2006
- Salmonid alphavirus (SAV) and pancreas disease (PD) in Atlantic salmon, Salmo salar L., in freshwater and seawater sites in Norway from 2006 to 2008M D Jansen
Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, Centre for Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Oslo, Norway
J Fish Dis 33:391-402. 2010..The mean percentage mortality was 6.9% (+/-7.06) (range 0.7-26.9), while the mean duration of increased mortality following PD diagnosis was 2.8 months (+/-1.11) (range 1-6)...
- Imaging of abdominal tuberculosisOkan Akhan
Department of Radiology, School of Medicine, Hacettepe University, Sihhiye, 06100 Ankara, Turkey
Eur Radiol 12:312-23. 2002..The diagnosis still requires a high index of suspicion, once the suggestive features have been demonstrated by imaging modalities...
- Rosiglitazone protects against cyclosporine-induced pancreatic and renal injury in ratsByung Ha Chung
Xenotransplantation Center, Department of Internal Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, South Korea
Am J Transplant 5:1856-67. 2005..These data suggest that RGTZ has a protective effect against CsA-induced pancreatic and renal injury...
- Stochastic modelling of direct costs of pancreas disease (PD) in Norwegian farmed Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.)Arnfinn Aunsmo
Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, P O Box 8146 Dep, 0033 Oslo, Norway SalMar Farming AS, 7266 Kverva, Norway
Prev Vet Med 93:233-41. 2010..5 and 17.8) (NOK=euro0.12 or $0.17 for 2007). Production was reduced to 70% (5% and 95% percentile: 57% and 81%) saleable biomass, and at an increased production cost of NOK 6.0 per kg (5% and 95% percentile: 3.5 and 8.7)...
- Comparison of two aquatic alphaviruses, salmon pancreas disease virus and sleeping disease virus, by using genome sequence analysis, monoclonal reactivity, and cross-infectionJonathan Weston
Department of Veterinary Sciences, The Queen s University of Belfast, United Kingdom
J Virol 76:6155-63. 2002....
- The pancreatic stellate cell: a star on the rise in pancreatic diseasesM Bishr Omary
Department of Medicine, VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
J Clin Invest 117:50-9. 2007..Therefore, understanding the biology of PaSCs offers potential therapeutic targets for the treatment and prevention of these diseases...
- Endoscopic ultrasound elastography-- a new imaging technique for the visualization of tissue elasticity distributionAdrian Saftoiu
Department of Gastroenterology, University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Str Horia no 11, Craiova, Romania
J Gastrointestin Liver Dis 15:161-5. 2006..However, future enhancements of the EUS elastography technology, as well as prospective, randomized studies will probably establish the clinical impact of dynamic elasticity imaging...
- A simple and safe anastomosis in pancreaticogastrostomy using mattress suturesHiroaki Ohigashi
Department of Surgery, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases, Osaka, Japan
Am J Surg 196:130-4. 2008..Postoperative amylase levels in the drainage fluid decreased significantly and none of the 17 patients developed pancreatic fistula formation. The technique is simple and shortens the time required for anastomosis...
- Immunohistochemical localization of type IV collagen alpha chains in the basement membrane of the pancreatic duct in human normal pancreas and pancreatic diseasesGenichiro Kadono
Department of Medicine and Clinical Oncology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba, Japan
Pancreas 29:61-6. 2004..of alpha (IV) chains in the basement membrane (BM) of the pancreatic duct in human normal pancreas (NP) and pancreatic diseases. Fifty specimens [10 NP, 10 chronic pancreatitis (CP), 10 intraductal papillary mucinous tumor (IPMT), and ..
- Abdominal hydatid disease: long-term results of percutaneous treatmentO Etlik
Department of Radiology, Yuzuncu Yil University Faculty of Medicine, Van, Turkey
Acta Radiol 45:383-9. 2004..To evaluate the effectiveness of percutaneous treatment under sonographic guidance in abdominal hydatid cysts...
- Tuberculosis of the pancreas: MRI featuresA I De Backer
Department of Radiology, Stuivenberg, Ziekenhuisnetwerk Antwerpen, Lange Beeldekensstraat 267, Antwerp B 2060, Belgium
AJR Am J Roentgenol 184:50-4. 2005..The purpose of this study was to describe the MRI features of tuberculosis of the pancreas...
- Magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography of biliary system abnormalities in childrenSuat Fitoz
Department of Radiology, School of Medicine, Ankara University, Ibn i Sina Hospital, 06100 Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Imaging 31:93-101. 2007..The aim of this study was to assess the usefulness of magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) with a single-shot fast spin-echo sequence as a noninvasive method to evaluate the biliary system in children...
- Abdominal manifestations of cystic fibrosis in childrenGulraiz Chaudry
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, 555 University Ave, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8, Canada
Pediatr Radiol 36:233-40. 2006..We present a pictorial review of the radiological appearance of these abdominal manifestations. The conditions are dealt with individually, together with typical appearances in various imaging modalities...
- Primary hydatid cysts of the pancreasJ E J Krige
Surgical Gastroenterology and Departments of Surgery and Radiology, University of Cape Town and Groote Schuur Hospital, Cape Town
S Afr J Surg 43:37-40. 2005..Hydatid cyst is a rare cause of a cystic mass in the head of the pancreas, but should be included in the differential diagnosis of cystic lesions of the pancreas, especially in endemic areas...
- Infectious pancreatic necrosis in Atlantic salmon, Salmo salar LR J Roberts
University of Idaho, Hagerman Fish Culture Experiment Station, Hagerman, ID, USA
J Fish Dis 28:383-90. 2005..Although use of transfer diets containing immune enhancers and the selection of IPN resistant broodstock has reduced losses the disease remains a serious cause of economic loss...
- Pancreas disease in farmed Atlantic salmon, Salmo salar L., and rainbow trout, Oncorhynchus mykiss (Walbaum), in NorwayT Taksdal
National Veterinary Institute, and Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, N 0033 Oslo, Norway
J Fish Dis 30:545-58. 2007..Histochemical staining properties and electron microscopy of these cells are presented. SAV was identified by RT-PCR and neutralizing antibodies against SAV were detected in blood samples...
- Pediatric MR cholangiopancreatography: principles, technique, and clinical applicationsGovind B Chavhan
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, The Hospital for Sick Children and University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Radiographics 28:1951-62. 2008....
- Risk factors for pancreas disease (PD) outbreaks in farmed Atlantic salmon and rainbow trout in Norway during 2003-2007A B Kristoffersen
National Veterinary Institute, P O Box 750, Sentrum, Oslo N 0106, Norway
Prev Vet Med 90:127-36. 2009....
- In situ telomerase activity in pancreatic juice may discriminate pancreatic cancer from other pancreatic diseasesHiroyuki Uehara
Departments of Gastrointestinal Oncology, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases, Osaka, Japan
Pancreas 36:236-40. 2008..In the present study using an in situ TRAP assay, we investigated the specificity of telomerase activity in pancreatic juice for pancreatic cancer...
- Ultrasound of the pancreas: update and controversiesA Martinez-Noguera
Department of Radiology, Hospital de Sant Pau, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Sant Antoni M Claret, 167, 08025 Barcelona, Spain
Eur Radiol 11:1594-606. 2001..Although CT has played a major role to date, US is presently the most widely available and economical means to visualize the pancreas...
- Tuberculosis of pancreas and peripancreatic lymph nodes in immunocompetent patients: experience from ChinaFeng Xia
Institute of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Southwest Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400038, China
World J Gastroenterol 9:1361-4. 2003..To determine the clinical, radiographic and laboratory characteristics, diagnostic methods, and therapeutic variables in immunocompetent patients with tuberculosis (TB) of the pancreas and peripancreatic lymph nodes...
- Human pancreatitis-associated protein. Messenger RNA cloning and expression in pancreatic diseasesB Orelle
U 315 Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale, Marseille, France
J Clin Invest 90:2284-91. 1992..These results confirm that PAP-H synthesis increases during inflammation and suggest a possible use of the protein as biological marker of acute pancreatitis...
- Integration of hydrodynamics into a statistical model on the spread of pancreas disease (PD) in salmon farmingH Viljugrein
National Veterinary Institute, P O Box 750 Sentrum, 0106 Oslo, Norway
Dis Aquat Organ 88:35-44. 2009..Since the spread of PD in the study area was best explained by modelled water velocity, we conclude that PD is likely to be spread by passive drift of SAV in the water current...
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of technique for closure of the pancreatic remnant after distal pancreatectomyH P Knaebel
Department of General, Visceral and Trauma Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 110, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Br J Surg 92:539-46. 2005..A variety of procedures have been recommended to reduce the frequency of pancreatic fistula. This review quantitatively compares the available techniques...
- Polymorphisms of UDP-glucuronosyltransferase 1A7 are not involved in pancreatic diseasesM Verlaan
J Med Genet 42:e62. 2005Xenobiotic mediated cellular injury is thought to play a major role in the pathogenesis of pancreatic diseases. Genetic variations that reduce the expression or activity of detoxifying phase II biotransformation enzymes such as the UDP-..
- Meta-analysis of the value of somatostatin and its analogues in reducing complications associated with pancreatic surgeryS Connor
Clinical and Surgical Sciences Surgery, University of Edinburgh, Royal Infirmary, Edinburgh, UK
Br J Surg 92:1059-67. 2005..The role of somatostatin and its analogues in reducing complications after pancreatic resection is controversial. This is a meta-analysis of the evidence of benefit...
- Contrast-enhanced sonography of intrapancreatic accessory spleen in six patientsSe Hyung Kim
Department of Radiology, Seoul National University Hospital and College of Medicine, 28, Yongon Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul 110 744, Korea
AJR Am J Roentgenol 188:422-8. 2007....
- Interventional endoscopic ultrasound in pancreatic diseasesLouis Buscail
Department of Gastroenterology and INSERM U531, CHU Rangueil, Toulouse, France
Pancreatology 6:7-16. 2006..endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) has become an important imaging procedure for diagnosis and management of pancreatic diseases. The clinical interest of EUS is now enhanced by interventional procedures...
- Endoscopic ultrasound in pancreatic diseasesStefan Kahl
Department of Gastroenterology, Otto von Guericke University, Magdeburg, Germany
Dig Dis 20:120-6. 2002There are many indications for the use of endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) in the management of patients with pancreatic diseases. High-resolution imaging of the pancreas is achievable due to the close proximity between luminal structures and ..
- Pancreatitis-associated protein levels in pancreatic juice from patients with pancreatic diseasesY Motoo
Department of Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology, Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University, 4 86 Yoneizumi, Kanazawa 921 8044, Japan
Pancreatology 1:43-7. 2001..This study was conducted to determine levels of PAP in pancreatic juice (PJ-PAP) in various human pancreatic diseases.
- A haplotype-based molecular analysis of CFTR mutations associated with respiratory and pancreatic diseasesJi Hyun Lee
Department of Pharmacology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 134 Sinchon dong, Seoul 120 752, Korea
Hum Mol Genet 12:2321-32. 2003..Importantly, the results also reveal that interactions between multiple genetic variants in cis affect the final function of the gene products...
- Unicentric Castleman's disease of the pancreas with massive central calcificationOliver Goetze
Department of Medicine, St Josef Hospital, Ruhr University, Bochum, Germany
World J Gastroenterol 11:6725-7. 2005..This is the first description of endosonographic and endoscopic retrograde pancreatographic findings of pancreatic UCD. Additionally, computed tomography, histological and serologic findings are reported...
- Pancreatic tuberculosis: still a histopathological diagnosisAdarsh Chaudhary
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Gobind Ballabh Pant Hospital, New Delhi, India
Dig Surg 19:389-92. 2002..Pancreatic tuberculosis is usually unsuspected as it can present in various forms. Though an uncommon disease, once diagnosed it is potentially curable...
- Changes in morbidity after pancreatic resection: toward the end of completion pancreatectomyMarkus W Buchler
Department of Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, University of Bern, Inselspital, Switzerland
Arch Surg 138:1310-4; discussion 1315. 2003Advances in specialized centers for pancreatic diseases have improved surgical morbidity and outcome. In the past, postoperative local complications (pancreatic fistulae) were causing most of the mortality...
- MDCT and superparamagnetic iron oxide (SPIO)-enhanced MR findings of intrapancreatic accessory spleen in seven patientsSe Hyung Kim
Department of Radiology, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, South Korea
Eur Radiol 16:1887-97. 2006..In most IPASs, the attenuation on CT and SI on MRI were identical to those of the spleen, and on SPIO-enhanced MRI, the degree of the signal drop in all lesions was similar to that of the spleen...
- Pancreatin therapy in patients with insulin-treated diabetes mellitus and exocrine pancreatic insufficiency according to low fecal elastase 1 concentrations. Results of a prospective multi-centre trialNils Ewald
Third Medical Department and Policlinic, Giessen University Hospital, Giessen, Germany
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 23:386-91. 2007..This investigation was designed to evaluate the impact of enzyme-replacement therapy on glucose metabolism and diabetes treatment in a prospective study of insulin-treated patients with diabetes mellitus...
- Risk-adjustment in hepatobiliary pancreatic surgeryHemant M Kocher
Academic Department of Surgery, King s College Hospital, London, UK
World J Gastroenterol 11:2450-5. 2005..We describe especially the limitations and advantages of risk in stratifying the patients...
- Hyperamylasaemia and/or hyperlipasaemia: incidence and underlying causes in hospitalized patients with non-pancreatic diseasesPaul Georg Lankisch
Clinic for General Internal Medicine, Medical Centre, Municipal Clinic of Luneburg, Luneburg, Germany
Scand J Gastroenterol 44:237-41. 2009..are no recommendations on how to proceed in patients with increased pancreatic enzyme activities but non-pancreatic diseases. The objective of this study was to investigate prospectively in a general medical hospital the incidence, ..
- Endoscopic ultrasound guided fine needle aspiration in biliary and pancreatic diseases: pitfalls and performancesB Weynand
Department of Gastroenterology, Cliniques Universitaires St Luc, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Avenue Hippocrate, 10, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Acta Gastroenterol Belg 67:294-300. 2004....
- Solitary pancreatic tuberculosis in immunocompetent patients mimicking pancreatic carcinomaK Demir
Division of Gastroenterohepatology Department of Internal Medicine, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul, Turkey
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 16:1071-4. 2001..We concluded that especially in young patients who present with a mass in the pancreas, pancreatic tuberculosis should be considered among the differential diagnoses, particularly in developing countries and immunosuppressed individuals...
- Symptomatic pancreatic sarcoidosis. Case report and review of literatureMeenal Shukla
Department of Medicine, Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center, Long Island University, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
JOP 8:770-4. 2007..Symptomatic pancreatic involvement in sarcoidosis is extremely rare. There are 25 reported cases of detected pancreatic sarcoidosis before death...
- Highly resolved free-breathing magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography in the diagnostic workup of pancreaticobiliary diseases in infants and young children--initial experiencesJuergen F Schaefer
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University of Tuebingen, 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
J Pediatr Surg 41:1645-51. 2006..The study aimed to investigate the new technology of the MRCP in infants with suspected pancreaticobiliary diseases...
- Ultrasonography of the pancreas. 1. Conventional imagingA Martinez-Noguera
Department of Radiology, Hospital Sant Pau, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Sant Antoni M Claret 167, 08025 Barcelona, Spain
Abdom Imaging 32:136-49. 2007..advances in recent years and plays an important role in the detection, characterization and staging of pancreatic diseases. Conventional ultrasonography (US) is a noninvasive imaging modality, which continues to be the first ..
- Pancreatic disorders in children: relationship of postoperative morbidity and the indication for surgeryAaron Rabinovich
Indiana University School of Medicine and Riley Children s Hospital, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202 5125, USA
Am Surg 72:641-3. 2006..Pancreatic surgery in children is associated with a very low mortality (1.6%) and morbidity equal to that of adult patients. Unique types of morbidities occur with each category of disease state...
- Ultrasonography of the pancreas. 3. Doppler imagingM Bertolotto
Department of Radiology, Cattinara Hospital, University of Trieste, Strada Fiume 447, 34149 Trieste, Italy
Abdom Imaging 32:161-70. 2007....
- Ultrasonography of the pancreas. 6. Endoscopic imagingC T Chaya
Center for Endoscopic Ultrasound, CERTAIN Center for Endoscopic Research, Training and Innovation, University of Texas Medical Branch, 301 University Boulevard, Route 0764, Galveston, Texas 77555 0764, USA
Abdom Imaging 32:191-9. 2007..This is a review of EUS imaging (EUS) of the pancreas covering technical aspects, clinical indications, advantages, and pitfalls as well as emerging trends in the field...
- Pancreaticobiliary tuberculosis diagnosed by endoscopic brushingsAtul Sachdev
Department of Medicine, Government Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh, India
JOP 7:665-9. 2006..Diagnosis is by demonstration of caseation necrosis or the presence of acid-fast bacilli on Ziehl Neelson staining in the aspirated or biopsied specimen...
- [MR imaging of the pancreas]A Hakime
Service de Radiologie, Hopital Beaujon, 100 bd du Général Leclerc, 92110 Clichy, France
J Radiol 88:11-25. 2007..MRCP and MR of the pancreas are also useful in identifying other pancreatic diseases such as lymphoplasmocytic pancreatitis and groove pancreatitis.
- Agenesis of the dorsal pancreas: a case report and review of the literatureYoung Eun Joo
Department of Internal Medicine, Chonnam National University Medical School, Gwangju, Korea
Korean J Intern Med 21:236-9. 2006..Abdominal magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) findings were similar to the CT and ERCP results. The patient was diagnosed with partial agenesis of the dorsal pancreas by CT, ERCP and MRI...
- Adenocarcinoma of the minor duodenal papilla with intraepithelial spread to the pancreatic ductMasatoshi Kajiwara
Department of Hepatobiliary Pancreatic Surgery, National Cancer Center Hospital East, 6 5 1 Kashiwanoha, Kashiwa, Chiba 277 8577, Japan
Virchows Arch 451:1075-81. 2007....
- Pancreas and cystic fibrosis: the implications of increased survival in cystic fibrosisJ Krysa
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Lewisham, London, UK
Pancreatology 7:447-50. 2007..As patients with CF and pancreatic sufficiency are living longer, further studies to assess the risk of developing pancreatic cancer in this subgroup should be considered...
- MECHANISM OF ENDOTOXIN ABSORPTION IN ALCOHOLISMRadhakrishna Rao; Fiscal Year: 2013..of these studies has a direct relevance to our understanding of the pathogenesis of alcoholic liver and pancreatic diseases, and has the potential to contribute to the future development of new therapeutic strategies...
- Dietary Regulation of Pancreatic Digestive EnzymesJohn A Williams; Fiscal Year: 2013..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: A number of pancreatic diseases including acute and chronic pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer lead to a loss of functioning pancreatic ..
- Gut bile acids, Fxr, &Fgf15 in total parenteral nutrition-associated cholestasisGrace L Guo; Fiscal Year: 2013..tolerate enteral feeding, including premature infants, patients with small-bowel surgery, or patients with pancreatic diseases. Long-term TPN is associated with a severe complication, TPN-associated cholestasis (TPN-AC)...
- Phytochemicals &Metabolism in Pancreatic Diseases/Pandol, StephenVay Liang W Go; Fiscal Year: 2011..abstract_text> ..
- Alcohol abuse and Endoplasmic Reticulum dysfunction in exocrine pancreasAurelia Lugea; Fiscal Year: 2013..of these aims as described in the research plan will yield significant findings to accelerate progress in understanding the complexity of alcohol-associated pancreatic diseases and other disorders associated with alcohol abuse.
- Molecular Markers for the Diagnosis of Pancreatic CancerSurinder K Batra; Fiscal Year: 2012..aspirates (FNAs) of pancreatic cancer patients but not of healthy individuals or those with non- neoplastic pancreatic diseases. Three specific aims are proposed. ...
- Dissecting stromal-epithelial interactions in the adult exocrine pancreasAndrew D Rhim; Fiscal Year: 2013..While recognized to be important to our understanding of adult pancreatic diseases, such as pancreatitis and preneoplasia, little is known regarding crosstalk between the stroma and ..
- Southern California Research Center for ALPD and CirrhosisHidekazu Tsukamoto; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (PROVIDED BY THE APPLICANT): The Southern California Research Center for Alcoholic Liver and Pancreatic Diseases (ALPD) and Cirrhosis unifies 53 investigators from major academic institutions in Southern California and 4 ..
- Role of Prox1 in Murine Pancreas DevelopmentBeatriz Sosa Pineda; Fiscal Year: 2010..Remarkably, some of the key molecular components of pancreatic diseases are also critical regulators during normal pancreas organogenesis...
- PancreasFest 2010: Defining & Classifying Disease to Enhance Research & CareDavid C Whitcomb; Fiscal Year: 2010..academic medical centers to address pathogenic, diagnostic, and therapeutic research progress and needs in pancreatic diseases. We will specifically bring together leaders in the field to better define and classify the etiology, ..
- TRAINING PROGRAM IN GASTROINTESTINAL SCIENCESAnil K Rustgi; Fiscal Year: 2013..trainees, independent and externally funded laboratories, and relevant projects in digestive, liver and pancreatic diseases. The faculty are grouped by research interests: 1) Cell growth and differentiation;2) Immunobiology and ..
- PancreasFest 2013: Risk, Progression &Therapeutic Advances in Acute PancreatitisDAVID CLEMENT WHITCOMB; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Advancing our understanding of human pancreatic diseases, especially acute pancreatitis, requires the cooperative effort of a network of clinical centers of excellence and the regular meeting of ..
- Pancreasfest 2012 Pancreatic Cancer: Risk, Early Detection, Diagnosis &TreatmentDAVID CLEMENT WHITCOMB; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Advancing our understanding of human pancreatic diseases, especially acute and chronic pancreatitis, requires the cooperative effort of a network of clinical centers of excellence...
- Defining the Role of Alcohol Abuse in Chronic Pancreatitis and Pancreatic CancerJon Mallen St Clair; Fiscal Year: 2010..improved models to determine the role that alcohol abuse plays in the etiology and progression of these pancreatic diseases. Pancreatic cancer is a common and lethal malignancy for which there are virtually no therapeutic options...
- Pioglitazone Therapy for Endocrine and Exocrine Disease in Alcoholic PancreatitisMATTHEW DIMAGNO; Fiscal Year: 2009..As a member of the GI Division and Diabetes Center, my research focuses on endocrine and exocrine pancreatic diseases, with interest in the relationship between diabetes mellitus or insulin resistance and reduced pancreatic ..
- ETHANOL AND PANCREATITISFred Gorelick; Fiscal Year: 1999..ethanol in either the pancreas or other systems and present information that may be useful for studies of pancreatic diseases. Investigators in the pancreatic field will present cutting edge studies that include such topics as new ..
- Studies of Pancreatic TGFBeta-Mediated SignalingDiane Simeone; Fiscal Year: 2007..This lack of basic information is a major obstacle to rational treatment of human pancreatic diseases, and is reflected in the current empiric, and often ineffective treatment of human exocrine pancreatic ..
- International Symposium on Alcoholic Liver and Pancreatic Disease (ALPD)Scott Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2009..In addition, we will have four special lectures to be delivered by authorities in the field of liver and pancreatic diseases. The target audience is both established and junior investigators, as well as graduate students and post-..
- CHARACTERIZATION AND SORTING OF ZYMOGEN GRANULE PROTEINSANSON LOWE; Fiscal Year: 2004..The model we propose to generate will provide important information on GP2 biology and may also provide potential models for human acute and chronic pancreatic diseases.
- Translating Pancreatic Risk into Personalized Medicine. A Meeting of Thought LeaDavid Whitcomb; Fiscal Year: 2009..The program will have four major sessions aimed at stimulating collaborative research in pancreatic diseases. The program will begin by a review and discussion of the advances made in IBD through the NIDDK IBD-..
- Tissue and Tumor Specific Glycosylation of ProteinsMatthew West; Fiscal Year: 2009..in patients with tumors of the liver and pancreas and in patients with non malignant forms of liver and pancreatic diseases. An accumulating body of data indicates that GGT possesses tissue-specific and tumor-specific glycoforms ..
- ORGANIZATION AND EXPRESSION OF CGRP IN THE PANCREASCatia Sternini; Fiscal Year: 1991..of this peptide with the endocrine and exocrine components of the pancreas in order to better understand the complex neural and hormonal regulation of pancreatic functions and to gain insight in the pathogenesis of pancreatic diseases.
- NON-PARENCHYMAL LIVER CELL COREHidekazu Tsukamoto; Fiscal Year: 2005..but also work with the Animal Core of the NIAAA-funded USC-UCLA Research Center for Alcoholic Liver and Pancreatic Diseases (Alcohol Research Center), to prepare the cells from the intragastric ethanol infusion model of ALD...
- Training Program in Alcoholic Liver& Pancreatic DiseasesHidekazu Tsukamoto; Fiscal Year: 2009..is integrated into the NIAAA Alcohol Research Center: USC-UCLA Research Center for Alcoholic Liver and Pancreatic Diseases that is now in the second cycle of funding as of January 2004...
- NEUROPEPTIDE REGULATION OF ENTEROPANCREATIC FUNCTIONMichael Mulholland; Fiscal Year: 2003..While dysfunction of the autonomic nervous system has been postulated to cause or exacerbate several pancreatic diseases, little is known of the factors influencing signal processing and function of the enteropancreatic nervous ..
- Molecular Surgeon Symposium on Pancreatic CancerF Brunicardi; Fiscal Year: 2003..cancer pathogenesis, to physician-scientists interested in molecular therapies and in understanding pancreatic diseases. The limited attendance, focused scientific sessions, and highly successful poster session combine to ..
- LCM & 2D PAGE in Early Detection of Pancreatic CancerSulma Mohammed; Fiscal Year: 2007..will react only with sera from patients with pancreatic cancer and not with sera from patients with other pancreatic diseases, patients with other malignancies (e.g. Gl and breast), and sera from healthy individuals...
- NAPS2 Continuation - Genome-Wide Association Study of PancreatitisDavid C Whitcomb; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, we expect this project to provide major advances in our understanding of pancreatic diseases. PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: NAPS2 GWAS: Overview and significance...
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF HEREDITARY PANCREATITISDavid Whitcomb; Fiscal Year: 2008b>Pancreatic diseases represent a major, poorly treated health-care problem in the United States. Unfortunately, once established the devastating effects of severe acute pancreatitis or chronic pancreatitis cannot be reversed...
- 14th Internatinal Symposium on Inherited DiseasesDavid Whitcomb; Fiscal Year: 2004..A major breakthrough in understanding pancreatic diseases came from the discovery that mutations in the trypsinogen gene...
- Evaluation of Biliary Strictures by IDUS, DIA, and FISHMichael Levy; Fiscal Year: 2005..Significance: The study results have the potential to significantly improve the accurate diagnosis of biliary strictures. Earlier and more definitive diagnosis will translate into improved treatment options. ..
- Smash Contrast-Enhanced 3D MR AngiographyRobert Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Role of Somatostatin Receptors in Pancreatic CancerWilliam Fisher; Fiscal Year: 2003..Since somatostatin expression has been demonstrated in other tumor types, the findings may also be relevant to other cancers. ..
- Planning Grant for SOD III Multicenter TrialPeter Cotton; Fiscal Year: 2004..This trial will answer several of the important questions raised by the expert panel at the NIH State of the Science of ERCP Conference, held in January. ..
- Smash Contrast-Enhanced 3D MR AngiographyRobert Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Hedgehog-mediated survival mechanisms in pancreatic cancerMartin Fernandez Zapico; Fiscal Year: 2007..These aspects make this proposal mechanistic, hypothesis-driven, and potentially translational in nature. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- BREATH HOLD 3D MRA OF THE CORONARY ARTERIESRobert Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2002..The goal is to optimize the MRA method and to determine if the use of contrast agents provides any clinical benefit. ..
- Single-molecule analysis of kinesin motors in live cellsKristen J Verhey; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding how molecular motors function in cells will provide important new targets for therapies aimed at these diseases. ..
- JEOL 1230 TEM and BOC Edwards Vacuum EvaporatorMichael Welsh; Fiscal Year: 2004..McCray will be involved with gene transfer using lentiviral vectors. Tobacman will study the structure of short actin filaments. Zabner will examine the morphology of Adeno-associated virus. ..
- INTRACELLULAR GLYCATION AND DIABETIC COMPLICATIONSMichael Brownlee; Fiscal Year: 2006..Supershift experiments will use commercially available antibodies. IP-westerns of cell extracts will be immunoblotted with antibodies to glyoxalase I-substrate- derived advanced glycation endproducts. ..
- High Intensity Ultrasound in GastroenterologyJOO HWANG; Fiscal Year: 2003..It is anticipated that this work will help to gain a better understanding of the mechanisms of HIFU and its potential role for other GI applications such as tumor therapy. ..
- The role of EGFR signaling in progression of Kras-induced pacreatic tumorsAnna Means; Fiscal Year: 2007..The studies proposed here investigate EGFR signaling as a potential biomarker and/or therapeutic target, by studying its effects on tumorigenesis in a mouse model of pancreatic cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pancreatic Development in Modeling Pancreatic DiseasePaul Grippo; Fiscal Year: 2003..Targeting pancreatic progenitor cells with various genetic alterations will provide valuable information for the developmental biologist and clinical pathologist alike. ..
- Videoscopic Drainage of Infected Pancreatic CollectionsKaren Horvath; Fiscal Year: 2004..The long-term goal is to use data obtained from this study as the basis for a multicenter, Phase III, randomized study comparing the VARD to the current standard of care, open surgical necrosectomy. ..
- ULTRASOUND ENHANCEMENT OF CANCER GENE THERAPYDouglas Miller; Fiscal Year: 2003..This research will provide a bridge from the basic research breakthrough to specific therapeutic applications and urgently needed clinical research programs utilizing this novel technology. ..
- Operant Responding in Opioid-Deficient MiceMalcolm Low; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- 2004 Intermediate Filaments Gordon ConferenceM Omary; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Role of Pancreatic Trypsin Inhibitors in PancreaticRodger A Liddle; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Heparin-binding EGF in pancreatic diseaseAnna Means; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Sixth Annual Meeting of the Internatioanl Society for the Prevention of Tobacco IParimal Chowdhury; Fiscal Year: 2007..Thus, this meeting will be a resource to decrease the huge sociological and economic burden the world faces regarding addiction to tobacco. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- 2006 Gordon Research Conference on Intermediate FilamentsM Omary; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- INTRACELLULAR GLYCATION AND DIABETIC COMPLICATIONSMichael Brownlee; Fiscal Year: 2007..Supershift experiments will use commercially availableantibodies. IP-westernsof cell extracts will be immunoblotted with antibodies to glyoxalase I-substrate-derived advanced glycationendproducts. ..
- Omega-6 Fat Promotion of Mutant Kras-Induced Pancreatic NeoplasiaPaul Grippo; Fiscal Year: 2008..Results from this work will establish potential pathways that, when altered by drugs or changes in the diet, may prevent or retard the development of pancreatic cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Role of CXCR2 in Pancreatic CancerOSCAR HINES; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Coronary Screening for Kidney Transplantation (COST) StudyBertram Kasiske; Fiscal Year: 2008..The money spent on these procedures might be better directed to health care measures of proven efficacy. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Feasibility of Hemin-Based Therapy in Experimental Acute PancreatitisM Omary; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pathophysiology of Arginine-induced Pancreatitis in MiceAshok Saluja; Fiscal Year: 2006..Successful completion of these studies will provide an excellent model of pancreatitis for future studies dealing with therapeutic interventions. ..
- Live Unrelated Kidney Donor & Sibling Follow-up StudyBertram Kasiske; Fiscal Year: 2005..Altogether, this study will provide useful information that will improve the informed consent for living kidney donors and enhance our knowledge of the role of the kidney, if any, in CVD. ..
- Neurochemistry/physiology of proopiomelancortin neuronsMalcolm Low; Fiscal Year: 2008..The techniques involved are aggregation chimera formation and Cre recombinase mediated reactivation of POMC expression from a neuron-specific and reversibly silenced POMC allele. ..
- OBESITY, LEPTIN AND GALLSTONE PATHOGENESISHenry Pitt; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies should lead to unique strategies for gallstone prevention, which is the ultimate goal of this research. ..
- ULTRASOUND ENHANCEMENT OF CANCER GENE THERAPYDouglas Miller; Fiscal Year: 2002..This research will provide a bridge from the basic research breakthrough to specific therapeutic applications and urgently needed clinical research programs utilizing this novel technology. ..