Genomes and Genes
Summary: Tumors or cancer of the THYROID GLAND.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH2
Publications331 found, 100 shown here
- Revised American Thyroid Association management guidelines for patients with thyroid nodules and differentiated thyroid cancerDavid S Cooper
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Thyroid 19:1167-214. 2009..Since the publication of the American Thyroid Association's guidelines for the management of these disorders was published in 2006, a large amount of new information has become available, prompting a revision of the guidelines...
- Increasing incidence of thyroid cancer in the United States, 1973-2002Louise Davies
VA Outcomes Group, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, White River Junction, VT 05009, USA
JAMA 295:2164-7. 2006..Changes in the diagnostic approach to thyroid nodules may have resulted in an increase in the apparent incidence of thyroid cancer...
- Medullary thyroid cancer: management guidelines of the American Thyroid AssociationRichard T Kloos
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, The Ohio State University, The Arthur G James Cancer Hospital, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Thyroid 19:565-612. 2009....
- Pten is essential for embryonic development and tumour suppressionA Di Cristofano
Department of Human Genetics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Sloan Kettering Institute, New York, NY 10021, USA
Nat Genet 19:348-55. 1998..These results support the notion that PTEN haploinsufficiency plays a causal role in CD, LDD and BZS pathogenesis, and demonstrate that Pten is a tumour suppressor essential for embryonic development...
- Thyroid cancer epidemiology and prognostic variablesJ A Sipos
Division of Endocriniology, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 22:395-404. 2010..Finally, the limitations of the current staging systems will be discussed, with particular emphasis on why they are not as informative in the management of patients with thyroid cancer...
- The relationship between specific RET proto-oncogene mutations and disease phenotype in multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2. International RET mutation consortium analysisC Eng
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Control, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115 6084, USA
JAMA 276:1575-9. 1996..The purpose of this study was to establish the relationship between specific mutations and the presence of certain disease features in MEN 2 which could help in clinical decision making...
- Phase II trial of sorafenib in advanced thyroid cancerVandana Gupta-Abramson
Developmental TherapeuticsProgram of the Abramson CancerCenter, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:4714-9. 2008....
- High prevalence of BRAF mutations in thyroid cancer: genetic evidence for constitutive activation of the RET/PTC-RAS-BRAF signaling pathway in papillary thyroid carcinomaEdna T Kimura
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267, USA
Cancer Res 63:1454-7. 2003..Because these signaling proteins function along the same pathway in thyroid cells, this represents a unique paradigm of human tumorigenesis through mutation of three signaling effectors lying in tandem...
- Specific microRNAs are downregulated in human thyroid anaplastic carcinomasR Visone
Dipartimento di Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare c o Istituto di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Sperimentale del CNR, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Naples, Italy
Oncogene 26:7590-5. 2007..In conclusion, these data indicate a miR signature associated with ATC and suggest the miR deregulation as an important event in thyroid cell transformation...
- The role of microRNA genes in papillary thyroid carcinomaHuiling He
Human Cancer Genetics Program, Department of Pathology, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:19075-80. 2005..We conclude that up-regulation of several miRs and regulation of KIT are involved in PTC pathogenesis, and that sequence changes in genes targeted by miRNAs can contribute to their regulation...
- Pathogenetic mechanisms in thyroid follicular-cell neoplasiaTetsuo Kondo
Department of Pathology, University Health Network and Toronto Medical Laboratories, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Toronto, 200 Elizabeth Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2C4
Nat Rev Cancer 6:292-306. 2006..This information can provide powerful ancillary diagnostic tools and can also be used to identify new therapeutic targets...
- Axitinib is an active treatment for all histologic subtypes of advanced thyroid cancer: results from a phase II studyEzra E W Cohen
Section of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago Division of Biological Sciences, 5801 S Ellis, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:4708-13. 2008..This multi-institutional study assessed the activity and safety of axitinib, an oral, potent, and selective inhibitor of vascular endothelial growth factor receptors (VEGFR) 1, 2, and 3 in patients with advanced thyroid cancer...
- BRAF mutation in papillary thyroid cancer: pathogenic role, molecular bases, and clinical implicationsMingzhao Xing
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Endocr Rev 28:742-62. 2007..With these advances, it has become clearer that BRAF mutation will likely have significant impact on the clinical management of PTC...
- New sonographic criteria for recommending fine-needle aspiration biopsy of nonpalpable solid nodules of the thyroidEun Kyung Kim
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Research Institute of Radiological Science, Severance Hospital, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 134, Shinchon dong, Seodaemun gu, Seoul 120 752, Korea
AJR Am J Roentgenol 178:687-91. 2002..The purpose of our study was to provide new sonographic criteria for fine-needle aspiration biopsy of nonpalpable solid thyroid nodules...
- Risk profiles and penetrance estimations in multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2A caused by germline RET mutations located in exon 10Karin Frank-Raue
Endocrine Practice and Molecular Laboratory, Heidelberg, Germany
Hum Mutat 32:51-8. 2011..Our data provide rigorous bases for timing of premorbid diagnosis and personalized treatment/prophylactic procedure decisions depending on specific RET exon 10 codons affected...
- Premonitory symptoms preceding metastatic medullary thyroid cancer in MEN 2B: An exploratory analysisMichael Brauckhoff
Department of General, Visceral and Vascular Surgery, Martin Luther University, Halle Wittenberg, Germany
Surgery 144:1044-50; discussion 1050-3. 2008..Little information exists about the presence of these symptoms in infancy...
- Phase II trial of sorafenib in metastatic thyroid cancerRichard T Kloos
Ohio State University, Department of Internal Medicine, Molecular Virology, Immunology, and Genetics, Pathology, Radiology, Center for Biostatistics, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:1675-84. 2009..Based on the pivotal role of Ras-Raf-MAP-ERK signaling and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in papillary thyroid cancer (PTC), we conducted a phase II clinical trial of sorafenib targeting RAF and VEGF receptor kinases in PTC...
- Mutational profile of advanced primary and metastatic radioactive iodine-refractory thyroid cancers reveals distinct pathogenetic roles for BRAF, PIK3CA, and AKT1Julio C Ricarte-Filho
Human Oncology and Pathogenesis Program and Departments of Medicine and Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10065, USA
Cancer Res 69:4885-93. 2009....
- BRAF mutation in thyroid cancerM Xing
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1830 E Monument St Suite 333 Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Endocr Relat Cancer 12:245-62. 2005..This newly discovered BRAF mutation may prove to have an important impact on thyroid cancer in the clinic...
- Papillary microcarcinoma of the thyroid-Prognostic significance of lymph node metastasis and multifocalitySin Ming Chow
Department of Clinical Oncology, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
Cancer 98:31-40. 2003..The rising incidence of PMC among papillary thyroid carcinoma (PTC) necessitates the identification of prognostic factors and the formulation of treatment protocols...
- Increasing incidence of differentiated thyroid cancer in the United States, 1988-2005Amy Y Chen
Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Cancer 115:3801-7. 2009..The objective of the current study was to investigate the trends in increasing incidence of differentiated (papillary and follicular) thyroid cancer by size, age, race, and sex...
- Hashimoto's thyroiditis is not associated with increased risk of thyroid cancer in patients with thyroid nodules: a single-center prospective studyCuneyd Anil
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Faculty of Medicine, Baskent University, Ankara, Turkey
Thyroid 20:601-6. 2010..To eliminate inherent bias of retrospective studies, this prospective study was carried out to evaluate the true malignancy rate of unselected thyroid nodules in patients with HT who underwent fine-needle aspiration cytology (FNAC)...
- Tumor-associated lymphocytes and increased FoxP3+ regulatory T cell frequency correlate with more aggressive papillary thyroid cancerJena D French
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, 12801 East 17th Avenue, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:2325-33. 2010..Immune-based therapies are under investigation to treat many types of cancer. The role of the immune system in PTC is poorly understood...
- Polymorphic mature microRNAs from passenger strand of pre-miR-146a contribute to thyroid cancerKrystian Jazdzewski
Human Cancer Genetics Program, Comprehensive Cancer Center and Division of Endocrinology, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:1502-5. 2009..Heterozygosity for polymorphisms within the premiR sequence can cause epistasis through the production of additional mature miRs. We propose that mature miRs from the passenger strand may regulate many genetic processes...
- Molecular genetics and diagnosis of thyroid cancerYuri E Nikiforov
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, PUH C 606, 200 Lothrop Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Nat Rev Endocrinol 7:569-80. 2011....
- Thyroid cancer susceptibility polymorphisms: confirmation of loci on chromosomes 9q22 and 14q13, validation of a recessive 8q24 locus and failure to replicate a locus on 5q24Angela M Jones
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, Oxford, UK
J Med Genet 49:158-63. 2012..The four validated TC SNPs accounted for a relatively large proportion (∼11%) of the sibling relative risk of TC, principally owing to the large effect size of rs965513 (OR 1.74)...
- Body mass index in the evaluation of thyroid cancer riskTamara Mijovic
McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Thyroid 19:467-72. 2009..The objective of this study was to evaluate the impact of body mass index (BMI) on thyroid cancer risk in a population of patients with indeterminate cytology on fine-needle aspiration biopsy (FNAB)...
- Risk factors for neck nodal metastasis in papillary thyroid microcarcinoma: a study of 1066 patientsLing Zhang
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Fudan University Cancer Hospital, Department of Oncology, Shanghai Medical College, 270 Dong An Road, Shanghai 200032, People s Republic of China
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:1250-7. 2012..The surgical management of papillary thyroid microcarcinoma (PTMC), especially regarding the necessity of central lymph node dissection, remains controversial...
- BRAF mutations in thyroid tumors are restricted to papillary carcinomas and anaplastic or poorly differentiated carcinomas arising from papillary carcinomasMarina N Nikiforova
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:5399-404. 2003..They are associated with distinct phenotypical and biological properties of papillary carcinomas and may participate in progression to poorly differentiated and anaplastic carcinomas...
- Genetic alterations in the phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase/Akt pathway in thyroid cancerMingzhao Xing
Laboratory for Cellular and Molecular Thyroid Research, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Thyroid 20:697-706. 2010..As the drivers of this process, many genetic alterations activating the PI3K/Akt pathway have been identified in thyroid cancer in recent years...
- The Bethesda System for Reporting Thyroid CytopathologyEdmund S Cibas
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Thyroid 19:1159-65. 2009..The conclusions regarding terminology and morphologic criteria from the NCI meeting led to the Bethesda Thyroid Atlas Project and form the framework for the Bethesda System for Reporting Thyroid Cytopathology...
- MicroRNAs (miR)-221 and miR-222, both overexpressed in human thyroid papillary carcinomas, regulate p27Kip1 protein levels and cell cycleRosa Visone
Dipartimento di Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare c o Istituto di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Sperimentale del CNR, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Via Pansini, 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
Endocr Relat Cancer 14:791-8. 2007..Therefore, the data reported here demonstrate that miR-221 and miR-222 are endogenous regulators of p27(Kip1) protein expression, and thereby, the cell cycle...
- European consensus for the management of patients with differentiated thyroid carcinoma of the follicular epitheliumFurio Pacini
Section of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Siena, Via Bracci, 53100 Siena, Italy
Eur J Endocrinol 154:787-803. 2006
- Association of high iodine intake with the T1799A BRAF mutation in papillary thyroid cancerHaixia Guan
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:1612-7. 2009..Epidemiological studies have indicated that high iodine intake might be a risk factor for papillary thyroid cancer (PTC), which commonly harbors the oncogenic T1799A BRAF mutation...
- Risk of malignancy in nonpalpable thyroid nodules: predictive value of ultrasound and color-Doppler featuresEnrico Papini
Department of Endocrine, Metabolic and Digestive Diseases, Ospedale Regina Apostolorum, Albano, Rome, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:1941-6. 2002..Nonpalpable lesions of the thyroid without risk factors should be followed by means of clinical and US evaluation...
- MicroRNA expression profiling of thyroid tumors: biological significance and diagnostic utilityMarina N Nikiforova
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, 3550 Terrace Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:1600-8. 2008....
- RET proto-oncogene: a review and update of genotype-phenotype correlations in hereditary medullary thyroid cancer and associated endocrine tumorsMaria A Kouvaraki
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77230 1402, USA
Thyroid 15:531-44. 2005..Recommendations on the timing of prophylactic thyroidectomy and the extent of surgery are based upon a model that utilizes genotype- phenotype correlations to stratify mutations into three risk levels...
- Diverse phenotypes associated with exon 10 mutations of the RET proto-oncogeneL M Mulligan
Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, UK
Hum Mol Genet 3:2163-7. 1994..We suggest that specific mutations in cysteine codons 618 and 620 result in MEN 2A or FMTC, but can also predispose to HSCR with low penetrance...
- Lymph node metastasis from 259 papillary thyroid microcarcinomas: frequency, pattern of occurrence and recurrence, and optimal strategy for neck dissectionNobuyuki Wada
First Department of Surgery, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
Ann Surg 237:399-407. 2003..To determine the frequency and pattern of lymph node metastasis (LNM) from papillary thyroid microcarcinoma (PTMC) and the results of node dissection, and to establish the optimal strategy for neck dissection in these patients...
- Staging systems for papillary thyroid carcinoma: a review and comparisonBrian Hung Hin Lang
Division of Endocrine Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Hong Kong Medical Centre, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong SAR, China
Ann Surg 245:366-78. 2007..To find out the most predictive staging system for papillary thyroid carcinoma (PTC) currently available in the literature...
- Common variants on 9q22.33 and 14q13.3 predispose to thyroid cancer in European populationsJulius Gudmundsson
deCODE Genetics, Sturlugata 8, Reykjavik, Iceland
Nat Genet 41:460-4. 2009..33 allele is associated with low concentration of thyroxin (T(4)) and high concentration of triiodothyronine (T(3))...
- Strategies of radioiodine ablation in patients with low-risk thyroid cancerMartin Schlumberger
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Endocrine Oncology, Institut Gustave Roussy and University Paris Sud, Villejuif, France
N Engl J Med 366:1663-73. 2012..The administration of the smallest possible amount of radioiodine would improve care...
- Subclinical lymph node metastasis in papillary thyroid microcarcinoma: a study of 551 resectionsYoon Kyoung So
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Surgery 148:526-31. 2010..We aimed to study clinicopathologic factors associated with subclinical central LNM to be considered for determination of prophylactic CLND...
- Early malignant progression of hereditary medullary thyroid cancerAndreas Machens
Klinik fUr Allgemein, Viszeral, und Gefässchirurgie, Martin Luther Universitat Halle Wittenberg, Halle, Saale, Germany
N Engl J Med 349:1517-25. 2003....
- The deficiency of Akt1 is sufficient to suppress tumor development in Pten+/- miceMei Ling Chen
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60607, USA
Genes Dev 20:1569-74. 2006..Even haplodeficiency of Akt1 was sufficient to markedly attenuate the development of high-grade prostate intraepithelial neoplasia (PIN) and endometrial carcinoma. These results have significant implications for cancer therapy...
- Treatment with tyrosine kinase inhibitors for patients with differentiated thyroid cancer: the M. D. Anderson experienceMaria E Cabanillas
Department of Endocrine Neoplasia and Hormonal Disorders, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:2588-95. 2010..In this paper, we describe the University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center's experience with the off-label use of these tyrosine kinase inhibitors for DTC...
- Long-term outcome of 444 patients with distant metastases from papillary and follicular thyroid carcinoma: benefits and limits of radioiodine therapyC Durante
Institut Gustave Roussy, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:2892-9. 2006..The goal of this study was to estimate the cumulative activity of (131)I to be administered to patients with distant metastases from thyroid carcinoma...
- International patterns and trends in thyroid cancer incidence, 1973-2002Briseis A Kilfoy
Yale School of Public Health, Yale University, 60 College Street, LEPH 440, P O Box 208034, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Cancer Causes Control 20:525-31. 2009....
- Current thyroglobulin autoantibody (TgAb) assays often fail to detect interfering TgAb that can result in the reporting of falsely low/undetectable serum Tg IMA values for patients with differentiated thyroid cancerC Spencer
Department of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90032, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:1283-91. 2011....
- Prognostic factors and treatment outcomes of 100 cases of anaplastic thyroid carcinomaJunko Akaishi
Department of Surgery, Ito Hospital, Shibuya ku, Tokyo, Japan
Thyroid 21:1183-9. 2011..Anaplastic thyroid carcinoma (ATC) is a malignancy with one of the highest fatality rates. Here we report a retrospective study of the treatment and other factors associated with its outcomes...
- Autoimmunity in differentiated thyroid cancer: significance and related clinical problemsUlla Feldt-Rasmussen
Department of Medical Endocrinology, Rigshospitalet, National University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Hormones (Athens) 9:109-17. 2010..However, in such cases serial TgAb measurements may be used as a surrogate marker for recurrence of thyroid cancer during the long-term monitoring of DTC patients...
- Atypical MEN type 2B associated with two germline RET mutations on the same allele not involving codon 918Fred H Menko
Department of Clinical Genetics and Human Genetics, Vrije Universiteit Medical Center, 1007 MB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:393-7. 2002..Mutation analysis revealed a double RET germline mutation, Val804Met and Ser904Cys, in affected individuals. The clinical phenotype, the functional effect of the mutations, and the clinical implications of our findings are discussed...
- A mutation in the RET proto-oncogene associated with multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2B and sporadic medullary thyroid carcinomaR M Hofstra
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Nature 367:375-6. 1994..The same mutation was found in six out of 18 sporadic tumours...
- RET codon 804 mutations in multiple endocrine neoplasia 2: genotype-phenotype correlations and implications in clinical managementS Mukherjee
Beaumont Cancer Genetics Program, Beaumont Cancer Institute, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI 48073, USA
Clin Genet 79:1-16. 2011..This review summarizes the genotypic and phenotypic characteristics of RET codon 804 mutation, a prototype for the less well-defined non-cysteine RET mutations associated with MEN 2...
- MicroRNAs in thyroid cancerAlbert de la Chapelle
Human Cancer Genetics Program, Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Ohio State University, 804 Biomedical Research Tower, 460 West 12th Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:3326-36. 2011..Papillary thyroid cancer is an example of a disease where the respective roles of these factors are surprisingly unclear...
- Mutations in the RET proto-oncogene are associated with MEN 2A and FMTCH Donis-Keller
Division of Human Molecular Genetics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110
Hum Mol Genet 2:851-6. 1993..However, its apparent involvement in the development of these inherited forms of neoplasia as well as in papillary thyroid carcinoma suggest an important developmental or cell regulatory role for the protein...
- Molecular diagnostics of thyroid tumorsYuri E Nikiforov
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 135:569-77. 2011..Papillary carcinoma and follicular carcinoma are the most common types of thyroid cancer and represent those tumor types for which use of molecular markers for diagnosis and prognostication is of high clinical significance...
- Analysis of the clinicopathologic features of papillary thyroid microcarcinoma based on 7-mm tumor sizeKwan Ju Lee
Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Daejeon St Mary s Hospital, 520 2, Daeheung dong, Jung Gu, Daejeon, South Korea
World J Surg 35:318-23. 2011..We examined the clinicopathologic features of papillary thyroid microcarcinomas (PTMCs) measuring≤7 mm and compared them with those of PTMCs>7 mm...
- Higher serum thyroid stimulating hormone level in thyroid nodule patients is associated with greater risks of differentiated thyroid cancer and advanced tumor stageMegan Rist Haymart
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:809-14. 2008..TSH is a known thyroid growth factor, but the pathogenic role of TSH in thyroid oncogenesis is unclear...
- Hypercalcitoninemia is not pathognomonic of medullary thyroid carcinomaSergio P A Toledo
Unidade de Endocrinologia Genética, Laboratório de Investigação Médica LIM 25, Hospital das Clinicas, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo SP, Brasil
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 64:699-706. 2009..In this review, we focus on the differential diagnosis of hypercalcitoninemia, underlining its importance for the avoidance of misdiagnosis of medullary thyroid carcinoma and consequent incorrect recommendation for thyroid surgery...
- Prognostic factors and the therapeutic strategy for patients with bone metastasis from differentiated thyroid carcinomaYorihisa Orita
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Okayama Saiseikai General Hospital, Okayama, Japan
Surgery 147:424-31. 2010..Given the paucity of patients with bone metastasis and the difficulty of treating this disease, few studies have investigated the clinical features and prognostic factors of bone metastasis from differentiated thyroid cancer...
- Long-term outcome in 215 children and adolescents with papillary thyroid cancer treated during 1940 through 2008Ian D Hay
Division of Endocrinology and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
World J Surg 34:1192-202. 2010..Controversy exists regarding the aggressiveness of initial therapy in childhood papillary thyroid cancer (PTC). Few studies with long-term outcome exist and second primary malignancies have rarely been analyzed...
- Coexistence of chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis is associated with lower recurrence rates in patients with papillary thyroid carcinomaEui Young Kim
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, S Korea
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 71:581-6. 2009..We evaluated the influence of coexistent CLT on prognostic outcome and the association of coexistent CLT with clinicopathological parameters...
- RET/PTC oncogene activation defines a subset of papillary thyroid carcinomas lacking evidence of progression to poorly differentiated or undifferentiated tumor phenotypesG Tallini
Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
Clin Cancer Res 4:287-94. 1998....
- Genetic alterations and their relationship in the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt pathway in thyroid cancerPeng Hou
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:1161-70. 2007..To investigate the overall occurrence and relationship of genetic alterations in the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K)/Akt pathway in thyroid tumors and explore the scope of this pathway as a therapeutic target for thyroid cancer...
- Thyroid cancer incidence and survival in the national cancer institute surveillance, epidemiology, and end results race/ethnicity groupsGuo Pei Yu
Biostatistics and Epidemiology Service, The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, New York, New York 10003, USA
Thyroid 20:465-73. 2010....
- Increased density of tumor-associated macrophages is associated with decreased survival in advanced thyroid cancerMabel Ryder
Endocrinology Service, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, Box 296, New York, New York 10021, USA
Endocr Relat Cancer 15:1069-74. 2008..As novel therapies directed against thyroid tumor cell-specific targets are being tested, the potential role of TAMs as potential modulators of the thyroid cancer behavior will need to be considered...
- Clinically significant prognostic factors for differentiated thyroid carcinoma: a population-based, nested case-control studyCatharina Ihre Lundgren
Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Cancer 106:524-31. 2006..The objective of the current study was to identify those factors that predict long-term unfavorable prognosis and to evaluate the predictive accuracy of the TNM staging system...
- Discovery of common variants associated with low TSH levels and thyroid cancer riskJulius Gudmundsson
deCODE Genetics, Reykjavik, Iceland
Nat Genet 44:319-22. 2012..A strong association (P = 9.1 × 10(-91)) was observed between rs2439302 on 8p12 and expression of NRG1, which encodes the signaling protein neuregulin 1, in blood...
- Hashimoto thyroiditis coexistent with papillary thyroid carcinomaCalogero Cipolla
University of Palermo, Department of Oncology, Division of General and Oncological Surgery Policlinico P Giaccone Palermo, Italy
Am Surg 71:874-8. 2005..Further studies are required, however, in order to confirm this hypothesis; until then, HT patients should undergo careful clinical and technical follow-up...
- A novel germ-line point mutation in RET exon 8 (Gly(533)Cys) in a large kindred with familial medullary thyroid carcinomaAdriana M Alvares Da Silva
Laboratory of Molecular Endocrinology, Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Escola Paulist de Medicina, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:5438-43. 2003..To improve the diagnosis of FMTC, analysis of exon 8 of RET should be considered in families with no identified classical RET mutations...
- RET tyrosine kinase signaling in development and cancerElena Arighi
Developmental Biology, Institute of Biomedicine, Biomedicum Helsinki, University of Helsinki, Finland
Cytokine Growth Factor Rev 16:441-67. 2005..We now review the role and mechanisms of RET signaling in development and carcinogenesis...
- RET genetic screening in patients with medullary thyroid cancer and their relatives: experience with 807 individuals at one centerRossella Elisei
Department of Endocrinology, University of Pisa, Via Paradisa 2, 56100 Pisa, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:4725-9. 2007....
- BRAF(V600E) mutation and outcome of patients with papillary thyroid carcinoma: a 15-year median follow-up studyRossella Elisei
Department of Endocrinology, University of Pisa, Via Paradisa 2, 56124 Pisa, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:3943-9. 2008..In this study we verified the prognostic value of the BRAF(V600E) mutation in PTC patients with a long-term follow-up...
- Targeted expression of BRAFV600E in thyroid cells of transgenic mice results in papillary thyroid cancers that undergo dedifferentiationJeffrey A Knauf
Division of Endocrinology and Department of Pathology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0547, USA
Cancer Res 65:4238-45. 2005..This closely recapitulates the phenotype of BRAF-positive PTCs in humans and supports a key role for this oncogene in its pathogenesis...
- Ultrasonography and the ultrasound-based management of thyroid nodules: consensus statement and recommendationsWon Jin Moon
Department of Radiology, Konkuk University Medical Center, Konkuk University School of Medicine, Seoul 143 914, Korea
Korean J Radiol 12:1-14. 2011..The review and recommendations in this report have been based on a comprehensive analysis of the current literature, the results of multicenter studies and from the consensus of experts...
- BRAF mutation predicts a poorer clinical prognosis for papillary thyroid cancerMingzhao Xing
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1830 East Monument Street, Suite 333, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:6373-9. 2005..Use of BRAF mutation in papillary thyroid cancer (PTC) has the potential to improve risk stratification of this cancer...
- Phase II study of safety and efficacy of motesanib in patients with progressive or symptomatic, advanced or metastatic medullary thyroid cancerMartin J Schlumberger
Institut Gustave Roussy, rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
J Clin Oncol 27:3794-801. 2009....
- Prognostic factors in papillary and follicular thyroid carcinoma: their implications for cancer stagingBrian Hung Hin Lang
Division of Endocrine Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Hong Kong Medical Centre, Queen Mary Hospital, 102 Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong SAR, China
Ann Surg Oncol 14:730-8. 2007..However, this may not be an optimal approach to cancer staging...
- Mutations of the BRAF gene in papillary thyroid carcinoma in a Korean populationKyung Hee Kim
Department of Pathology, College of Medicine, Chungnam National University, 6 Moonwha 1 dong, Jung Gu, Daejeon 301 131, Korea
Yonsei Med J 45:818-21. 2004..These findings support the specific inhibitors of BRAF being promising targets for the disease outcome...
- BRAF(V599E) mutation is the leading genetic event in adult sporadic papillary thyroid carcinomasEfisio Puxeddu
Dipartimento di Medicina Interna, Universita di Perugia, Perugia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:2414-20. 2004....
- Clinical behavior and outcome of papillary thyroid cancers smaller than 1.5 cm in diameter: study of 299 casesGabriella Pellegriti
Istituto di Medicina Interna e Malattie Endocrine e Metaboliche, Cattedra di Endocrinologia, University of Catania, Ospedale Garibaldi, 95123 Catania, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:3713-20. 2004..5 cm in size develops relapsing/persisting disease after surgery. Baseline histopathological characteristics and serum Tg levels off l-T(4) at first postsurgical evaluation can accurately predict the risk of relapse...
- Molecular characterization of RET/PTC3; a novel rearranged version of the RETproto-oncogene in a human thyroid papillary carcinomaM Santoro
Centro di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Sperimentale del C N R, Universita Degli Studi Di Napoli, Italy
Oncogene 9:509-16. 1994..Finally we provide evidence indicating that the rearrangement leading to the generation of RET/PTC3 occurred in vivo in the original tumor DNA...
- Thyroid cancer and inflammationValentina Guarino
Dipartimento di Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare Istituto di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Sperimentale del CNR G Salvatore, Italy
Mol Cell Endocrinol 321:94-102. 2010..These data suggest that inflammatory molecules are promising targets for thyroid cancer therapy...
- Thyroid cancer risk in Belarus among children and adolescents exposed to radioiodine after the Chornobyl accidentL B Zablotska
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of California San Francisco, 3333 California Street, Suite 280, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Br J Cancer 104:181-7. 2011....
- Germ-line mutations of the RET proto-oncogene in multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2AL M Mulligan
Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, UK
Nature 363:458-60. 1993..Further, 19 of these 20 mutations affect the same conserved cysteine residue at the boundary of the RET extracellular and transmembrane domains...
- Routine central neck dissection in differentiated thyroid carcinoma: a systematic review and meta-analysisCheng Xiang Shan
Department of General Surgery, Chang Zheng Hospital Affiliated to Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Laryngoscope 122:797-804. 2012..The role of central neck dissection (CND) remains controversial in differentiated thyroid cancer (DTC)...
- Is Hashimoto's thyroiditis a risk factor for papillary thyroid cancer?Daniel Repplinger
Section of Endocrine Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
J Surg Res 150:49-52. 2008..Given the relatively high prevalence of these diseases and the increased occurrence in women, we analyzed data from our institution to determine if there is a correlation between Hashimoto's thyroiditis and PTC in women...
- Risk-adapted management of differentiated thyroid cancer assessed by a sensitive measurement of basal serum thyroglobulinPasqualino Malandrino
Endocrinology, Department of Clinical and Molecular Medicine, University of Catania, Garibaldi Nesima Hospital, via Palermo n 636, 95122 Catania, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:1703-9. 2011..The recent introduction of a new, more sensitive Tg measurement allows for the early detection of the disease by measuring the basal (under L-T(4) therapy) serum Tg level without TSH stimulation...
- Cytological results of ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration cytology for thyroid nodules: emphasis on correlation with sonographic findingsMi Jung Lee
Department of Radiology and Research Institute of Radiological Science, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Yonsei Med J 52:838-44. 2011..To compare the cytological results of ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration (US-FNA) cytology of thyroid nodules to sonographic findings and determine whether US findings are helpful in the interpretation of cytological results...
- Utility of immunohistochemical markers in differentiating benign from malignant follicular-derived thyroid nodulesHusain A Saleh
Department of Pathology, Wayne State University, Sinai Grace Hospital Detroit Medical Center, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Diagn Pathol 5:9. 2010..Thyroid nodules are common among adults though only a small percentage is malignant, which can histologically mimic benign nodules. Accurate diagnosis of these thyroid nodules is critical for the proper clinical management...
- Analysis of the rising incidence of thyroid cancer using the Surveillance, Epidemiology and End Results national cancer data registryJohn D Cramer
School of Medicine, University Hospitals Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
Surgery 148:1147-52; discussion 1152-3. 2010..The incidence of thyroid cancer has more than doubled in recent decades. Debate continues on whether the increasing incidence is a result of an increased detection of small neoplasms or other factors...
- The relationship between body mass index and thyroid cancer pathology features and outcomes: a clinicopathological cohort studyJohn E Paes
Divisions of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, The Ohio State University College of Medicine and Arthur G James Comprehensive Cancer Center, Columbus, Ohio 43235, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:4244-50. 2010..We hypothesized that a higher body mass index (BMI) would be associated with aggressive thyroid cancer features and a higher incidence of persistent/recurrent disease...
- Prognostic factors affecting neck lymph node recurrence and distant metastasis in papillary microcarcinoma of the thyroid: results of a study in 445 patientsGiuseppe Mercante
Department of Otolaryngology, Thyroid Disease Center Arcispedale Santa Maria Nuova of Reggio Emilia, Reggio Emilia, Italy
Thyroid 19:707-16. 2009..Total thyroidectomy, thyroid lobectomy/isthmectomy, and even no treatment have been proposed. We investigated the clinical course and prognostic factors for disease recurrence and distant metastasis in 445 patients with PMC...
- Is robotic surgery superior to endoscopic and open surgeries in thyroid cancer?Wan Wook Kim
Department of Surgery, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, Korea
World J Surg 35:779-84. 2011..The aim of the present study was to determine whether robotic surgery is superior to endoscopic and open surgery through comparing technical aspects and surgical outcomes...
- Impact of routine unilateral central neck dissection on preablative and postablative stimulated thyroglobulin levels after total thyroidectomy in papillary thyroid carcinomaBrian Hung Hin Lang
Department of Surgery, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
Ann Surg Oncol 19:60-7. 2012..Because postsurgical stimulated thyroglobulin (sTg) level is a good surrogate for recurrence, the study aimed to evaluate the impact of prophylactic CND on preablative and postablative sTg levels after total thyroidectomy...
- Targeted therapies for thyroid tumorsSteven I Sherman
Department of Endocrine Neoplasia and Hormonal Disorders, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mod Pathol 24:S44-52. 2011..Alternative options now exist for use of tyrosine kinase inhibitors that are well tolerated and may prove worthy of regulatory approval for this disease...
- BRAF mutation-selective inhibition of thyroid cancer cells by the novel MEK inhibitor RDEA119 and genetic-potentiated synergism with the mTOR inhibitor temsirolimusDingxie Liu
Laboratory for Cellular and Molecular Thyroid Research, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Int J Cancer 127:2965-73. 2010..Thus, these results demonstrated the important therapeutic potential of the novel MEK inhibitor RDEA119 and its synergism with temsirolimus in thyroid cancer...
- Follicular thyroid neoplasms can be classified as low- and high-risk according to HBME-1 and Galectin-3 expression on liquid-based fine-needle cytologyGuido Fadda
Divisions of Anatomic Pathology and Histology Endocrinology Endocrine Surgery, Agostino Gemelli School of Medicine, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Largo Francesco Vito, 1 00168 Rome, Italy
Eur J Endocrinol 165:447-53. 2011..In this setting immunocytochemical stainings might be helpful. The efficacy of a panel made up of HBME-1 and Galectin-3 antibodies is evaluated in cases processed by liquid-based cytology (LBC)...
- The BRAFV600E oncogene induces transforming growth factor beta secretion leading to sodium iodide symporter repression and increased malignancy in thyroid cancerGarcilaso Riesco-Eizaguirre
Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas Alberto Sols Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas y Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Cancer Res 69:8317-25. 2009..Our study describes a novel mechanism of NIS repression in thyroid cancer and provides evidence that TGFbeta may play a key role in promoting radioiodide resistance and tumor invasion during PTC progression...
- Thyroglobulin measurement in fine-needle aspirate washouts: the criteria for neck node dissection for patients with thyroid cancerMin Jung Kim
Department of Radiology, Research Institute of Radiological Science, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 70:145-51. 2009..However, the diagnostic FNA-Tg cutoff values have not yet been established...
- Pax8-PPARgamma regulation of transcription and metabolism in thyroid cancerRONALD JAY KOENIG; Fiscal Year: 2013..Gene expression profiling of PPFP thyroid cancers (compared to all other benign and malignant thyroid neoplasms) resulted in the identification of a PPFP cancer gene signature...
- Molecular Classification of Suspicious Thyroid TumorsMartha Zeiger; Fiscal Year: 2009..Research Premise Although others and we have documented various genetic alterations in thyroid neoplasms, no specific alteration(s) can reliably distinguish benign from malignant lesions...
- Microarray analysis of thyroid neoplasmMartha Zeiger; Fiscal Year: 2004..Because the surgical management for benign and malignant thyroid neoplasms differ, patients with suspicious FNAs may be treated in a less than ideal fashion surgically...
- TUMOR SUPPRESSOR GENES IN HUMAN THYROID NEOPLASMSJames Fagin; Fiscal Year: 1990..We will localize and eventually characterize putative tumor suppressor genes in thyroid neoplasms by performing cytogenetic and allelotype studies of sporadic benign and malignant thyroid neoplasms, and of ..
- MOLECULAR PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF THYROID CELL GROWTHJames Fagin; Fiscal Year: 1993..These experiments have been prompted by our preliminary data showing H-ras gene rearrangements in some thyroid neoplasms. Polymerase chain reaction DNA amplification of thyroid tumor DNA will also be performed to screen for the ..
- HTERT GENE EXPRESSION IN SUSPICIOUS THYROID FNA SAMPLESMartha Zeiger; Fiscal Year: 2001..Although various genetic alterations have been documented in thyroid neoplasms and are believed to be associated with their tumorigenesis and malignant progression, no specific alteration ..
- RADIATION INDUCED THYROID CANCERARTHUR SCHNEIDER; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies will focus on rearrangements of the ret protooncogene in thyroid neoplasms and the NF2 tumor suppressor gene in neural tumors.
- Brca1 Deletion in Murine Cells and Mammary TissueMARCIA BROSE; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Extracellular matrix and protease markers of malignant thyroid neoplasmElectron Kebebew; Fiscal Year: 2007..of extracellular matrix and adhesion molecules using cDNA array expression analysis in benign and malignant thyroid neoplasms. First, we have found that the level of extracellular matrix protein 1 (ECM1) and transmembrane protease, ..
- Flavopiridol as a Potential Therapy in Multiple MyelomaKeith Bible; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results of proposed studies will improve understanding of the effects and mechanism(s) of action of flavopiridol in myeloma cells, thereby potentially contributing to the further clinical development of the drug. ..
- Flavopiridol Targets Transcription Factor/DNA ComplexesKeith Bible; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development AwardJacqueline Jonklaas; Fiscal Year: 2006..A new sustained release product, which results in steady triiodothyronine levels, will furnish more physiologic replacement. This will be tested against treatment with levothyroxine, and levothyroxine and triiodothyronine. ..
- Targeted Alpha-Particle Emitter Therapy of MetastasesGeorge Sgouros; Fiscal Year: 2009..The work described in this application is intended to develop and evaluate such an approach. ..
- Adenosinergic Mechanisms of Intrauterine Growth RetardationScott A Rivkees; Fiscal Year: 2010..The goals of this proposal are to identify the mechanisms by which adenosine acts to protect the embryo in utero and how altered embryonic adenosine action leads to long-term adverse effects in adulthood. ..
- Mammography and High-Risk Survivors of Pediatric CancerKevin Oeffinger; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Thyrocytes Express Inflammatory MediatorsAndrew Gianoukakis; Fiscal Year: 2006..The candidate will develop the scientific knowledge base, problem solving abilities, and technical skills which will allow him to develop into a independent physician/scientiist. ..
- INTRACELLULAR AMYLOIDOGENESIS AND APOPTOSIS IN NIDDMNORMAN EBERHARDT; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will increase our understanding of the contribution of intracellular amyloid accumulation, induction of apoptosis, and/or interference with ER trafficking to the pathogenesis of NIDDM. ..
- A NEURAL TRANSCRIPTION FACTOR IN LUNG CANCER EVOLUTIONDouglas Ball; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed studies should provide novel insights in SCLC biology and a firm basis for determining whether hASH1, and hASHl-regulated growth mechanisms, should be intensively pursued as therapeutic targets for SCLC. ..
- Anti-Adenosine Therapy of Neonatal Brain InjuryScott Rivkees; Fiscal Year: 2007..It is anticipated that these studies will lead to novel and practical strategies for directly preventing brain injury. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Interactive CAD for MammographyBin Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TUMOR SUPPRESSORS AND DIFFERENTIATED THYROID CANCERNORMAN EBERHARDT; Fiscal Year: 2008..4) The inhibitory effects of PPFP can be modulated by PPARgamma and RXR Iigand binding. (5) PPFP alters multiple PARgamma-regulated transcription pathways, which alter growth control and/or apoptosis. ..
- Phase II Clinical Trial Utilizing Lithium for Patients with Neuroendocrine TumorsHerbert Chen; Fiscal Year: 2008..Besides surgery, there are limited curative and palliative treatments available to patients with metastatic NE tumors, emphasizing the need for development of other forms of therapy. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PROJECT ALLIFE-EXERCISE AND LEUKEMIA SURVIVORSKevin Oeffinger; Fiscal Year: 2006..This study will represent the first clinical trial aimed at increasing physical activity in leukemia survivors and will advance our understanding of this vulnerable population. ..
- Occupational exposures and brain cancerElisabeth Cardis; Fiscal Year: 2010..Further analyses of possible interactions between EMF and specific chemicals will also be conducted. ..
- Radioactive Iodide Therapy of Pediatric Graves' DiseaseScott A Rivkees; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Regulating Neuroendocrine Phenotype in CancerHerbert Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore, these finding may permit development of components of raf-1 pathway as therapeutic targets in the treatment and palliation of NE tumors. ..
- Cardiovascular Risk 50 Years After Thymic IrradiationMichael Adams; Fiscal Year: 2007..This group of individuals, if shown to be at high risk, constitutes a potentially huge number of persons who may benefit from additional preventive measures. ..
- Biology of Headpin (a novel serpin) in Oral CancerGary Clayman; Fiscal Year: 2006..Progress in this area could lead to development of new molecular based targets for the management of oral cancer. ..
- CB1 Receptor Action on the Developing HippocampusScott Rivkees; Fiscal Year: 2005..We anticipate that these studies will result in new insights into the potential effects of cannabinoid action on the developing brain. ..
- Thyroid Disease in People Exposed to Radioactive FalloutJOSEPH LYON; Fiscal Year: 2004..Abstract not provided ..
- A1-ADENOSINE RECEPTOR ACTION IN HIPPOCAMPUSScott Rivkees; Fiscal Year: 2003..We anticipate these studies will lead to new insights into the mechanisms of A1AR action. We also anticipate that these studies will identify A1ARs as an important regulator of axon growth. ..
- Measurement of Cells In Vivo: IVIS Light Imaging SystemThomas Rosol; Fiscal Year: 2003..Space and utilities for the instrument plus salary and benefits for the supervisor will be provided by the Department of Veterinary Biosciences and the College of Veterinary Medicine. ..
- DEVELOPING CIRCADIAN RHYTHMICITYScott Rivkees; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies may also lead to the development of new care practices in Neonatal Intensive Care Units and extend the field of developmental chronobiology to the bedside. ..
- INTACT AND SCID MOUSE MODELS FOR GRAVES' DISEASETerry Davies; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- SLC2A9, A Candidate ER GLUT in Normal and Cancer CellsJeffrey Moley; Fiscal Year: 2002..Identification of SLC2A9 as the endoplasmic reticulum glucose transporter will improve understanding of GSDs, and of glucose metabolism in benign and malignant tissues. ..
- STRUCTURE/FUNCTION OF GROWTH HORMONE RELATED GENENORMAN EBERHARDT; Fiscal Year: 2002..The chromosomal TEF-P locus will be cloned and characterized, including chromosomal localization and promoter characterization (Aim 3). ..
- Farnesyltransferase Inhibitor Therapy for MyelodysplasiaRazelle Kurzrock; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- DETECTION AND LOCALIZATION IN MAMMOGRAPHYBin Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2002..It will also investigate augmented CAD cues that code information about correlations between the two ipsilateral projections. ..
- MODELING AND DOSIMETRY FOR RADIOLABELED ANTIBODY THERAPYGeorge Sgouros; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Vaccine therapy of congenital adrenal HyperplasiaScott Rivkees; Fiscal Year: 2003..We also anticipate being able to extend this novel approach to the treatment of other receptor-mediated endocrine disorders, such as hyperthyroidism. ..
- PREMATURE MENOPAUSE IN SURVIVORS OF CHILDHOOD CANCERCharles Sklar; Fiscal Year: 2002..The large size of the study population, the heterogeneity of diagnoses and exposures, combined with the extensive treatment data, will allow assessment of interaction between the major risk factors of interest. ..
- Genetic Etiologies of Esophageal Barrett's and CancerCharis Eng; Fiscal Year: 2003..This might facilitate molecular diagnostics and early prediction as well as targeted surveillance and prophylaxis. ..
- Exploratory Trial of Curcumin in Pancreatic CancerRazelle Kurzrock; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies should provide the foundation for the development of curcumin as an anticancer agent and may lead to a novel approach to the management of pancreatic cancer. ..
- The Role of Adenosine in Hypoglycemic Brain InjuryScott Rivkees; Fiscal Year: 2003..We anticipate that these studies will yield new insights into the mechanisms of hypoglycemic brain injury and may lead to the development of practical strategies for reducing hypoglycemic brain injury. ..
- RET RECEPTOR POLYMORPHISMS & HIRSCHSPRUNG DISEASECharis Eng; Fiscal Year: 2004..Finally variants found to be associated with disease status will be tested functionally at the transcript, protein and cell biological level. ..
- Signaling Pathways in Medullary Thyroid CancerHerbert Chen; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Novel Signaling Targets in GI Neuroendocrine TumorsHerbert Chen; Fiscal Year: 2005..The possibility that raf-l-mediated hormone suppression could be induced by a soluble factor would provide a plausible, therapeutic delivery method. ..
- A-1 Adenosine Receptor Action in Developing HeartScott Rivkees; Fiscal Year: 2005..We anticipate that these studies will identify Rho and ROCK as critical signaling molecules in heart development and reveal that cardiac GTPase activity transduces the effects of adenosine. ..
- BIOLOGIC MODIFIER THERAPIES IN AIDS MALIGNANCIESManisha Shah; Fiscal Year: 2004..Collectively, this application provides enhanced strength in intellectual contributions and patient accrual for the AMC, compared to our previous application. ..
- Targeting RAF and VEGF Signaling in Thyroid CancerManisha Shah; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Assessing Treatment-Related Harms in Prostate CancerH Welch; Fiscal Year: 2007..The entire process will be repeated on a cohort of men who receive a transurethral resection of the prostate. ..
- Aneuploid Cells in the Human PlacentaHeinz Ulrich Weier; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will also have detailed information about the frequency, localization and types of aneuploid cells at the fetal-maternal interface and the effects of aneuploidy on CTB proliferation and HLA-G gene expression. ..
- RADIATION INDUCED THYROID CANCERHeinz Ulrich Weier; Fiscal Year: 2002..We will prepare stable cell lines carrying the oncogenic rearrangements for further characterization and distribution. Finally, we will examine the levels and localization of mRNAs with Northern and in situ hybridization analysis. ..
- BAC-FISH Assays for Sensitive Karyotyping of Cancer CellsHeinz Ulrich Weier; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..