Genomes and Genes
Summary: Cyst-like space not lined by EPITHELIUM and contained within the PANCREAS. Pancreatic pseudocysts account for most of the cystic collections in the pancreas and are often associated with chronic PANCREATITIS.
Publications225 found, 100 shown here
- Pancreatic disorders in children: relationship of postoperative morbidity and the indication for surgeryAaron Rabinovich
Indiana University School of Medicine and Riley Children s Hospital, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202 5125, USA
Am Surg 72:641-3. 2006..Pancreatic surgery in children is associated with a very low mortality (1.6%) and morbidity equal to that of adult patients. Unique types of morbidities occur with each category of disease state...
- Temporary cystogastrostomy with self-expanding metallic stents for pancreatic necrosisS Belle
Department of Medicine II, Medical Faculty Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
Endoscopy 42:493-5. 2010..After a treatment period of 7-11 days involving 2-3 endoscopic procedures we achieved clinical success, defined as complete removal of necrotic masses, in all cases without major complications...
- Recurrent pancreatic pseudocyst diagnosed 9 years after initial surgical drainageCarlos M Nuño-Guzmán
Department of General Surgery, Antiguo Hospital Civil de Guadalajara Fray Antonio Alcalde, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
JOP 12:274-8. 2011A pancreatic pseudocyst is defined as a collection of pancreatic juice enclosed by a wall of fibrous or granulation tissue which is not lined by epithelium...
- Ultrasound-guided endoscopic transgastric drainage of a post-traumatic pancreatic pseudocyst in a childDionysis Theodoros
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Penteli General, Athens, Greece
Afr J Paediatr Surg 7:194-6. 2010..We report on a case of a 5-year-old child with a post-traumatic pancreatic pseudocyst who was successfully treated with endoscopic ultrasound-guided transgastric approach...
- Endoscopic-ultrasound-guided endoscopic transmural drainage of pancreatic pseudocysts and abscessesCesar Vivian Lopes
Endoscopy Unit, Paoli Calmettes Institute, 232 Boulevard St Marguerite, 13273 Marseille Cedex 9, France
Scand J Gastroenterol 42:524-9. 2007..Minimally invasive approaches have been encouraged. The aim of this study was to evaluate the results of the endoscopic-ultrasound-guided (EUS) endoscopic transmural drainage of these pancreatic collections...
- Pancreatic pseudocyst rupture into the portal veinBrian C Dawson
Department of Emergency Medicine, The Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC, USA
South Med J 102:728-32. 2009A patient with a pancreatic pseudocyst rupture into the portal vein with a resultant noninfectious systemic inflammatory response syndrome and subsequent portal vein thrombosis diagnosed by computed tomography and ultrasonography is ..
- One-step, simultaneous double-wire technique facilitates pancreatic pseudocyst and abscess drainage (with videos)Stefan Seewald
Department of Interdisciplinary Endoscopy, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Gastrointest Endosc 64:805-8. 2006EUS-guided pancreatic pseudocyst and abscess drainage ideally requires the insertion of both a transmural stent and nasocystic catheter to ensure continuous irrigation and effective drainage...
- Evidence for a central role for selective mesenteric angiography in the management of the major vascular complications of pancreatitisGarth C Beattie
Department of Surgical and Clinical Sciences, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Am J Surg 185:96-102. 2003....
- Spontaneous pancreatic pseudocyst-portal vein fistula presenting with pancreatic ascites: strength of MR cholangiopancreatographyS E Yoon
Department of Radiology, Wonkwang University School of Medicine, 344 2 Sinyongdong, Iksan, Jeonbuk 570 711, Korea
Br J Radiol 81:e13-6. 2008b>Pancreatic pseudocyst-portal vein fistulae are a very rare complication of acute or chronic pancreatitis. Another late complication of chronic pancreatitis is pancreatic ascites...
- EUS-guided pancreatic pseudocyst drainage: simultaneous placement of stents and nasocystic catheter using double-guidewire techniqueTakao Itoi
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Tokyo Medical University, Japan
Dig Endosc 21:S53-6. 2009Endoscopic ultrasonography (EUS)-guided pancreatic pseudocyst drainage has become the standard and safety procedure in many centers for nonsurgical treatment...
- Hemorrhagic complications of pancreatitis: radiologic evaluation with emphasis on CT imagingE J Balthazar
Radiology Department, New York University-Bellevue Medical Center, 3rd Floor, Room 3W-37-42, 462 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
Pancreatology 1:306-13. 2001..They develop because of leaking or ruptured pseudoaneurysms, diffuse bleeding in pancreatic necrosis, and hemorrhagic pseudocysts. Early detection followed by angiography, embolization and/or surgery has decreased mortality rates...
- EUS versus surgical cyst-gastrostomy for management of pancreatic pseudocystsShyam Varadarajulu
Division of Gastroenterology Hepatology, University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0007, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 68:649-55. 2008..Although EUS-guided cyst-gastrostomy is increasingly being performed, there are no studies that compare the clinical outcomes and cost-effectiveness with surgical cyst-gastrostomy...
- Single-step versus two-step endo-ultrasonography-guided drainage of pancreatic pseudocystBenedetto Mangiavillano
Division of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, San Paolo University Hospital, Milan, Italy
J Dig Dis 13:47-53. 2012..this prospective study was to compare the feasibility, technical success rate and complication between single-step endo-ultrasonography (EUS)-guided and two-step EUS-guided drainage technique for symptomatic pancreatic pseudocyst (PP).
- Equal efficacy of endoscopic and surgical cystogastrostomy for pancreatic pseudocyst drainage in a randomized trialShyam Varadarajulu
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
Gastroenterology 145:583-90.e1. 2013..We performed a single-center, open-label, randomized trial to compare endoscopic and surgical cystogastrostomy for pancreatic pseudocyst drainage.
- Pseudocysts and other non-neoplastic cysts of the pancreasG Kloppel
Department of Pathology, University of Kiel, Germany
Semin Diagn Pathol 17:7-15. 2000....
- Pancreatic pseudocyst: case report and short literature reviewE Gagliano
Department of General and Specialist Surgery, University of Messina, Messina, Italy
G Chir 33:415-9. 2012We report a case of pancreatic pseudocyst secondary to acute necrotizing pancreatitis treated with open cystogastrostomy...
- Acute pancreatic pseudocyst: incidence, risk factors, and clinical outcomesKyeong Ok Kim
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Yeungnam University College of Medicine, Daegu, Korea
Pancreas 41:577-81. 2012The aim of this study was to analyze the incidence, risk factors, and clinical outcomes of pancreatic pseudocyst after acute or acute-on-chronic pancreatitis.
- Cystic tumours of the pancreas: a diagnostic dilemmaL L Ooi
Department of Surgery, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore
Aust N Z J Surg 68:844-6. 1998..Cystic neoplasm of the pancreas is an uncommon entity that encompasses a range of tumours with varying potential for malignancy. These tumours are frequently misdiagnosed as pseudocysts and are inappropriately managed...
- Outcome and complications of endoscopic ultrasound guided pancreatic pseudocyst drainage using combined endoprosthesis and naso-cystic drainRajesh Puri
Department of Gastroenterology, Medanta Institute of Digestive and Hepatobiliary Sciences, Medanta The Medicity, Gurgaon, Haryana, India
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 27:722-7. 2012Endoscopic ultrasound guided pancreatic pseudocyst drainage (EUS-PPD) is increasingly being used for management of pancreatic pseudocysts...
- Pancreatic pseudocyst with fistula to the common bile duct resolved by combined biliary and pancreatic stenting--a case report and literature reviewJaber A Al Ali
Department of Medicine, Vancouver General Hospital, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
Can J Gastroenterol 23:557-9. 2009..The present report describes an unusual case of a patient with a large, symptomatic pancreatic pseudocyst with a fistula to the common bile duct that was treated successfully by combined biliary and pancreatic ..
- Late bleeding after EUS-guided transjejunal drainage of a pancreatic pseudocyst in a Roux-en-Y patientTakao Itoi
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Dig Endosc 23:51-3. 2011Endoscopic ultrasonography (EUS)-guided transgastric and transduodenal drainage of a pancreatic pseudocyst (PP) has become a standard and safe procedure for nonsurgical treatment...
- Mediastinal pancreatic pseudocyst--a case report and review of the literatureRuchi Gupta
Department of Medicine, University of Florida Health Science Center, Jacksonville, Florida Author s Email
MedGenMed 9:8. 2007b>Pancreatic pseudocyst, a common complication of acute or chronic pancreatitis, in rare instances may also extend to the mediastinum. A case of 67-year-old woman presenting with a triad of chest pain, dysphagia, and dyspnea is presented...
- The role of surgery in pancreatic pseudocystWen Yao Yin
Department of Surgery, Buddhist Dalin Tzu Chi General Hospital, Chiayi, Taiwan
Hepatogastroenterology 52:1266-73. 2005..But we have to agree that no single technique offers the desired combination of 100% success and no complications. We'd like to present our surgical experience in the past 14 years...
- Single-step EUS-guided endoscopic treatment for sterile pancreatic collections: a single-center experienceJosé C Ardengh
Endoscopic Unit of Ribeirão Preto Medical School, Hospital das Clínicas USP, and Endoscopic Unit of 9 de Julho Hospital, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Dig Dis 26:370-6. 2008..The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy and safety of single-step EUS-guided endoscopic approaches for treatment of sterile PFC...
- Management of pancreatic pseudocyst in the era of laparoscopic surgery--experience from a tertiary centreChinnusamy Palanivelu
GEM Hospital, 45 A, Pankaja Mill Road, Ramnathapuram, Coimbatore, 641045, India
Surg Endosc 21:2262-7. 2007..We present our surgical experience over the past 12 years (May 1994 to April 2006) in the management of pancreatic pseudocysts...
- Long-term outcome of laparoscopic cystogastrostomy performed using a posterior approach with a stapling deviceTakatsugu Oida
Department of Surgery, Social Insurance Yokohama Central Hospital, Yokohama, Japan
Dig Surg 26:110-4. 2009Internal drainage of an acute pancreatic pseudocyst is indicated 6 weeks after its first detection. Laparoscopic treatment of pancreatic pseudocysts enables definitive drainage with faster recovery...
- Lupus-associated pancreatitis complicated by pancreatic pseudocyst and central nervous system vasculitisD S Myung
Department of Rheumatology, Chonnam National University Medical School and Hospital, Gwangju, Republic of Korea
Lupus 18:74-7. 2009..female patient who developed lupus-associated pancreatitis that was subsequently complicated by pancreatic pseudocyst and central nervous system (CNS) vasculitis...
- Perforation of a pancreatic pseudocyst induced by abdominal sonographyK Ocran
Medizinische Klinik, Gastroenterologie, Hepatologie und Endokrinologie, Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin Campus Mitte, Berlin, Germany
Z Gastroenterol 42:243-6. 2004..Although it cannot be advised as a treatment measure for a pseudocyst, regression of a pseudocyst due to emptying into the gastrointestinal tract has to be expected...
- Endoscopic treatment in a patient with obstructive jaundice caused by pancreatic pseudocystChia Lin Yeh
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kaoshiung Veterans General Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, ROC
J Chin Med Assoc 66:555-9. 2003..of chronic alcoholic pancreatitis with obstructive jaundice due to compression of the common bile duct by pancreatic pseudocyst. Ultrasonography and computed tomographic scan on admission demonstrated an 8 cm cystic lesion located at ..
- Endoscopic ultrasound-guided versus conventional transmural drainage for pancreatic pseudocysts: a prospective randomized trialD H Park
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Songpa Gu, 138 736, Seoul, South Korea
Endoscopy 41:842-8. 2009..We conducted this prospective randomized trial to compare the technical success and clinical outcomes of EUD and CTD in treating pancreatic pseudocysts...
- Endoscopic therapy for chronic pancreatitisM Delhaye
Medicosurgical Department of Gastroenterology, Erasme University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
Scand J Surg 94:143-53. 2005..This treatment is generally safe, minimally invasive, often effective for years, does not prevent further surgery, and can be repeated...
- Endoscopic ultrasound drainage of pancreatic pseudocyst: a prospective comparison with conventional endoscopic drainageM Kahaleh
Digestive Health Center, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virgini 22908 0708, USA
Endoscopy 38:355-9. 2006..e. conventional transmural drainage (CTD), or by endoscopic ultrasound-guided drainage (EUD), is well described. Our aim was to prospectively compare the short-term and long-term results of CTD and EUD in the management of pseudocysts...
- Clinical evaluation of a novel lumen-apposing metal stent for endosonography-guided pancreatic pseudocyst and gallbladder drainage (with videos)Takao Itoi
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Gastrointest Endosc 75:870-6. 2012..Tubular plastic and metal stents have inherent shortcomings when used for transenteric drainage of fluid collections...
- Frequency of complications during EUS-guided drainage of pancreatic fluid collections in 148 consecutive patientsShyam Varadarajulu
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 26:1504-8. 2011..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the frequency of complications during endoscopic ultrasound (EUS)-guided drainage of pancreatic fluid collections (PFC), identify contributing factors, and report on management outcomes...
- Laparoscopic drainage of pancreatic pseudocysts: a methodological approachNuman Hamza
The Manchester Hepato Pancreato Biliary Centre, North Manchester General Hospital, Delaunays Road, Crumpsall, Manchester M8 5RB, UK
J Gastrointest Surg 14:148-55. 2010..This paper describes our tailored and methodological approach to laparoscopic drainage of pancreatic pseudocysts (PPs) based on an anatomical classification...
- NOTES(®) stapled cystgastrostomy: a novel approach for surgical management of pancreatic pseudocystsRatnakishore Pallapothu
Department of Surgery and Medicine, Tufts University School of Medicine, Springfield, MA 01199, USA
Surg Endosc 25:883-9. 2011..Endoscopic drainage procedures have also been described. We describe Natural Orifice Translumenal Endoscopic Surgery (NOTES(®)) stapled cystgastrostomy as a less invasive surgical procedure...
- Discrimination of unilocular macrocystic serous cystadenoma from pancreatic pseudocyst and mucinous cystadenoma with CT: initial observationsFrank Cohen-Scali
Department of Radiology, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Radiology 228:727-33. 2003..To compare the computed tomographic (CT) appearance of pancreatic unilocular macrocystic serous cystadenoma, mucinous cystadenoma, and pseudocyst to determine if there are findings that assist in the differential diagnosis...
- Endoscopic drainage of pancreatic pseudocysts: long-term outcome and procedural factors associated with safe and successful treatmentD Cahen
Dept of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Endoscopy 37:977-83. 2005..This retrospective study evaluates the short-term and long-term results with this technique and aims to identify procedural modifications that may improve its safety and efficacy...
- Disconnected pancreatic tail syndrome: potential for endoscopic therapy and results of long-term follow-upChristopher Lawrence
Maine Medical Center, Portland, Maine, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 67:673-9. 2008..Limited published data exist that address the incidence and outcomes of patients with complete pancreatic-duct disruption...
- Intra-abdominal pressure alterations after large pancreatic pseudocyst transcutaneous drainageTheodossis S Papavramidis
1st Propedeutic Department of Surgery, AHEPA University Hospital, Aristotle s University of Thessaloniki, Macedonia, Greece
BMC Gastroenterol 9:42. 2009..Aims of the present study were to evaluate the intra-abdominal pressure (IAP) induced by large pancreatic pseudocysts and to examine the effect of their transcutaneous drainage on IAP...
- Duct drainage alone is sufficient in the operative management of pancreatic pseudocyst in patients with chronic pancreatitisWilliam H Nealon
Department of Surgery, University of Texas Medical Branch, 301 University Boulevard, Galveston, TX 77555 0544, USA
Ann Surg 237:614-20; discussion 620-2. 2003..To test a hypothesis that definitive management of pseudocyst associated with chronic pancreatitis is predicated on addressing pancreatic ductal anatomy...
- Outcome differences after endoscopic drainage of pancreatic necrosis, acute pancreatic pseudocysts, and chronic pancreatic pseudocystsTodd H Baron
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Mayo Medical Center, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 56:7-17. 2002..This study sought to determine outcome differences after attempted endoscopic drainage of pancreatic fluid collections classified as pancreatic necrosis, acute pseudocyst, and chronic pseudocyst...
- Pancreatic pseudocysts in the 21st century. Part II: natural historyAke Andren-Sandberg
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Sentralsjukehuset i Rogaland, Bergen University, Stavanger, Norway
JOP 5:64-70. 2004
- Superior mesenteric artery stent-graft placement in a patient with pseudoaneurysm developing from a pancreatic pseudocystH Ogino
Department of Radiology, Nagoya City University School of Medicine 1, Kawasumi, Mizuho cho, Mizuho ku, Nagoya, Japan
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 27:68-70. 2004..We report successful stent-graft placement in the superior mesenteric artery in a 45-year-old man with a pancreatic pseudocyst that grew during therapy for chronic pancreatitis and developed into a pseudoaneurysm...
- Pancreatic pseudocysts in the 21st century. Part I: classification, pathophysiology, anatomic considerations and treatmentAke Andren-Sandberg
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Sentralsjukehuset i Rogaland, Bergen University, Stavanger, Norway
JOP 5:8-24. 2004
- Candida albicans-infected pancreatic pseudocyst: report of a caseBaris Zulfikaroglu
Department of Surgery, Ankara Numune Teaching and Research Hospital, 7 Cadde 70A 14, Bahcelievler 06490, Ankara, Turkey
Surg Today 34:466-9. 2004..Candida species isolated from a pancreatic pseudocyst or abscess should be considered pathogenic, and treated aggressively.
- The role of endoscopy in patients with chronic pancreatitisDouglas G Adler
Gastrointest Endosc 63:933-7. 2006
- Conservative treatment as an option in the management of pancreatic pseudocystC V N Cheruvu
Department of Surgery, Taunton and Somerset Hospital, Taunton, Somerset, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 85:313-6. 2003..We have adopted a more conservative approach with drainage only for uncontrolled pain or gastric outlet obstruction. This study reports our experience...
- Micafungin concentrations from brain tissue and pancreatic pseudocyst fluidAsma Lat
South Texas Veterans Affairs Health Care System, 4502 Medical Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:943-4. 2010We report the attainment of micafungin concentrations from brain tissue and pancreatic pseudocyst fluid from two patients with invasive candidiasis...
- Hybrid notes: incisionless intragastric stapled cystgastrostomy of a pancreatic pseudocystConnie J Rossini
Baystate Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Springfield, MA 01103, USA
J Pediatr Surg 45:80-3. 2010..The operation performed was a transgastric cystgastrostomy with endoscopic guidance for a pancreatic pseudocyst. This operation was completed entirely through an existing gastrostomy site with no incisions, thus ..
- [Endoscopic ultrasound-guided transmural cyst drainage (EUS-CD) was effective in a case of pancreatic pseudocyst with obstructive jaundice and duodenal stenosis]Hideaki Honda
Department of Gastroenterology, Jichi Medical University, Japan
Nihon Shokakibyo Gakkai Zasshi 107:1497-504. 2010..His condition was diagnosed as acute pancreatitis with a pancreatic pseudocyst, obstructive jaundice, and duodenal stenosis...
- Successful endoscopic transpapillary management of intrahepatic pancreatic pseudocystRizwan Kibria
Gastroentrology, Dayton VA Medical Center, Wright State University SOM, 4100 W, Third Street, Dayton, OH 45428, USA
JOP 11:41-4. 2010Intrahepatic pancreatic pseudocyst extension is a rare but complex clinical entity requiring multimodality approach for management...
- One-step endosonography-guided drainage of a pancreatic pseudocyst: a new technique of stent delivery through the echo endoscopeP Vilmann
Dept of Surgical Gastroenterology, Gentofte University Hospital, Hellerup, Denmark
Endoscopy 30:730-3. 1998..Further studies are warranted...
- Pseudocyst formation in gastric ectopic pancreasKeith C Mulholland
Department of Surgery, Institute of Clinical Science, Queen s University, Belfast, Northern Ireland
JOP 5:498-501. 2004..It is rare for ectopic pancreatic tissue to cause symptoms or require treatment, however diseases of normal pancreas may also occur in ectopic pancreas tissue...
- Natural course of asymptomatic pancreatic pseudocyst: a prospective studyRajiv Mehta
Department of Gastroenterology, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Amrita Lane, Elamakkara PO, Cochin 682 026, India
Indian J Gastroenterol 23:140-2. 2004..To study the natural course of asymptomatic pseudocysts of the pancreas...
- Endoscopic transhiatal drainage of a mediastinal pancreatic pseudocystW Mohl
Internal Medicine II, University Hospital of the Saarland, Homburg, Germany
Endoscopy 36:467. 2004
- Rupture of a bleeding pancreatic pseudocyst into the stomachAtsushi Urakami
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Kawasaki Medical School, 577 Matsushima, Kurashiki shi, Okayama 701 0192, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 9:383-5. 2002A bleeding pancreatic pseudocyst following pancreatitis is a severe complication that can lead to massive gastrointestinal bleeding. Rupture of such a pseudocyst into the stomach is rare...
- EUS-guided pancreatic pseudocyst drainage: review and experience at Harbor-UCLA Medical CenterMehrdad Vosoghi
Department of Internal Medicine Division of Gastroenterology, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, California, USA
MedGenMed 4:2. 2002b>Pancreatic pseudocyst, the most common cystic lesion of the pancreas, is a localized collection of fluid rich in amylase within or adjacent to the pancreas and enclosed by a nonepithelialized wall, occurring as a result of acute or ..
- Pancreatic pseudocyst in children: the impact of management strategies on outcomeSwee H Teh
Division of Pediatric Surgery, Department of Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Pediatr Surg 41:1889-93. 2006..The purpose of this review is to determine the impact of different management strategies and to analyze their effects on patient outcomes...
- Wire-guided pancreatic pseudocyst drainage by using a modified needle knife and therapeutic echoendoscopeRiad R Azar
Division of Gastroenterology, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Avenue, Campus Box 8124, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 63:688-92. 2006..Various methods to drain pancreatic pseudocysts by using EUS guidance have been reported in the literature...
- Single-step EUS-guided pancreatic pseudocyst drainage using a large channel linear array echoendoscope and cystotome: results in 11 patientsSushil K Ahlawat
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Surgery, Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC 20007, USA
JOP 7:616-24. 2006EUS-guided transmural drainage of pancreatic pseudocyst has been reported using a linear array echoendoscope; however, placement of large 10 French stent was not feasible because of the limited diameter of the working channel...
- Endoscopic transmural drainage of pancreatic pseudocysts: results of a national and an international survey of ASGE membersTony E Yusuf
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 63:223-7. 2006..Pancreatic pseudocysts can be drained endoscopically via the transpapillary or the transmural routes. We sought to assess endoscopic methods of pseudocyst drainage...
- Pancreatic pseudocyst extending into the liver via the hepatoduodenal ligament: a case reportMasayuki Shibasaki
Department of Surgery, Department of Internal Medicine, Social Insurance Chuo General Hospital, 3 22 1, Hyakuninchou, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, 169 0073, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 49:1719-21. 2002A case of pancreatic pseudocyst extending into the liver via the hepatoduodenal ligament is reported...
- A rare case of pancreatic pseudocyst masquerading as hydroceleA Michalopoulos
Acta Gastroenterol Belg 69:424. 2006
- Nonoperative management of pancreatic pseudocysts. Problems in differential diagnosisU Boggi
Dipartimento di Oncologia, Universita di Pisa, Italy
Int J Pancreatol 25:123-33. 1999..If all these precautions are adopted, pancreatic pseudocysts can be safely treated nonoperatively...
- Autoimmune pancreatitis associated with a large pancreatic pseudocystThilo Welsch
Department of General Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 110, Heidelberg 69120, Germany
World J Gastroenterol 12:5904-6. 2006..Early examination of serum IgG, IgG4 and auto-antibodies might save these patients from unnecessary endoscopical and surgical procedures...
- Endoscopic management of pancreatic pseudocyst in children-a long-term follow-upShyam Sunder Sharma
Department of Gastroenterology, SMS Medical College, Jaipur 302021, India
J Pediatr Surg 43:1636-9. 2008Literature on long-term outcome after endoscopic management of pediatric pancreatic pseudocyst is not available. The aim of the present study is to report long-term outcome after endoscopic drainage of pancreatic pseudocyst in children.
- Spontaneous fistulization of a pancreatic pseudocyst into the colon and duodenumAtsushi Urakami
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery and the Department of Gastroenterology, Kawasaki Medical School, Okayama, Japan
Gastrointest Endosc 55:949-51. 2002
- [Fissure syndrome of a gastrointestinal artery pseudoaneurysm in contact with a pseudocyst of the pancreas: rare, but serious complication of chronic pancreatitis]R Kianmanesh
Services de chirurgie generale et digestive, Hopital Louis Mourier, AP HP, Universite Paris 7, 178, rue des Renouillers, 92700 Colombes, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 32:69-73. 2008..The failure rate is between 0 and 23%. Surgical treatment (elective ligation of the artery or partial pancreatic excision) should be limited to when embolisation fails and/or recurrent hemorrhage...
- Sonographic diagnosis and endoscopic therapy of a biliopancreatic fistula complicating a pancreatic pseudocystSteffen Rickes
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Infectious Diseases, Otto von Guericke University, Magdeburg, Germany
Scand J Gastroenterol 41:989-92. 2006This is the first report of a case of biliopancreatic fistula complicating a pancreatic pseudocyst diagnosed correctly by transabdominal ultrasound...
- Pancreatic pseudocyst presenting as odynophagiaAntony Paul Chettupuzha
Department of Gastroenterology, Medical College Hospital, Kozhikode 673 008
Indian J Gastroenterol 23:27-8. 2004..The stent was removed after four months; there was no pseudocyst on follow up CT scan...
- Video: Laparoscopic anterior cystogastrostomyAndrew A Gumbs
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 20:e97-8. 2010..Only when the pseudocyst does not clearly communicate with the posterior stomach wall should cystojejunostomy be attempted. This can be done with a loop of jejunum or through a Roux-en Y...
- Endoscopic drainage of pancreatic-fluid collections in 116 patients: a comparison of etiologies, drainage techniques, and outcomesLawrence C Hookey
Gastroenterology Division, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Gastrointest Endosc 63:635-43. 2006..Pancreatic-fluid collections are frequent sequelae of acute and chronic pancreatitis, and endoscopic drainage of these collections has gained acceptance as an alternative to surgical drainage...
- Mediastinal pancreatic pseudocyst caused by obstruction of the pancreatic duct was eliminated by bromhexine hydrochlorideTatsuhiro Tsujimoto
Department of Gastroenterology, Ishinkai Yao General Hospital, Yao, Nara Medical University, Kashihara
Intern Med 43:1034-8. 2004..computed tomography and endoscopic retrograde pancreatography led to the diagnosis of a mediastinal pancreatic pseudocyst resulting from obstruction of the pancreatic duct by a protein plug...
- Retroperitoneal bronchogenic cyst mimicking pancreatic pseudocyst in a patient with colorectal cancerSeung Sam Paik
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 20:802-3. 2005
- A case of mediastinal pancreatic pseudocyst successfully treated with somatostatin analogueHideya Suga
Department of Medicine, Kurume University School of Medicine, Kurume 830 0011, Japan
Kurume Med J 52:161-4. 2005..As a result, on the 28th day of the treatment, pancreatitis was inactivated, and the pseudocysts in the mediastinum and the pancreas disappeared. The patient has been followed up for 15 months, and there has been no recurrence...
- Endoscopic ultrasound-guided transesophageal drainage of a mediastinal pancreatic pseudocystA Saftoiu
Endoscopy 38:538-9. 2006
- Pancreatic pseudocystSamir Habashi
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
World J Gastroenterol 15:38-47. 2009..A tailored therapeutic approach taking into consideration patient preferences and involving multidisciplinary team of therapeutic endoscopist, interventional radiologist and pancreatic surgeon should be considered in all cases...
- Mediastinal pancreatic pseudocyst with acute airway obstructionAditya Bardia
Department of Surgery, University of Iowa, Iowa City, 52242, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 10:146-50. 2006..We treated a patient who presented with an acute airway obstruction from a mediastinal pancreatic pseudocyst. Initial acute airway management and stabilization proved successful...
- Endoscopic transgastric drainage of a pancreatic pseudocyst with mediastinal and cervical extensionsLajos Topa
Second Department of Medicine, Szent Imre Hospital, Budapest, Hungary
Gastrointest Endosc 64:460-3. 2006
- Pancreatic pseudocyst bleeding associated with massive intraperitoneal hemorrhageHsin Hui Chiu
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Kuo General Hospital, No 22 Sec 2, Ming Sheng Road, Tainan 703, Taiwan
Am J Surg 192:87-8. 2006b>Pancreatic pseudocyst bleeding is an unusual entity of acute abdomen, usually occurring among alcoholics. A high mortality developed in patients with conservative treatment of hemorrhagic pancreatic pseudocyst...
- Use of disposable stapler in operative cystogastrostomy for pancreatic pseudocystY Yunoki
Department of Surgery, Iwakuni National Hospital, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 46:3271-3. 1999..Auto Suture Premium Plus CEEA 34 circular stapler, for the operative drainage of a large symptomatic pancreatic pseudocyst. A 68 year-old man underwent an operative cystogastrostomy using this instrument...
- Pancreatic pseudocyst in chronic pancreatitis: endoscopic and surgical treatmentEdoardo Rosso
Department of Surgery, Royal Liverpool University Hospital, Liverpool, UK
Dig Surg 20:397-406. 2003
- The size of pancreatic pseudocyst does not influence the outcome of invasive treatmentsP Soliani
Department of General Surgery and Organ Transplantation, University of Parma, Via Gramsci, 14, 43100 Parma, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 36:135-40. 2004....
- Laparoscopic pancreatic surgery in patients with chronic pancreatitisL Fernandez-Cruz
Department of Surgery, Institute of Digestive Diseases IMD, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Villarroel 170, Escalera 6, Barcelona E 08034, Spain
Surg Endosc 16:996-1003. 2002..The aim of this report was to evaluate the feasibility and outcome of laparoscopic pancreatic surgery in patients with chronic pancreatitis...
- Drainage of pancreatic fluid collections: is EUS really necessary?Todd H Baron
Gastrointest Endosc 66:1123-5. 2007
- [Surgical treatment of acute pancreatitis. A review]Manuel Vallejo-Soto
Departamento de Cirugía Gastroenterológica, Hospital Angeles de Querétaro, Qro
Rev Gastroenterol Mex 67:111-7. 2002..A review of the literature about the last trends in the surgical treatment of acute pancreatitis is carried out. The review was on Mexican literature and in the Internet...
- [Therapy of post-necrotic pancreatic pseudocysts: invasive treatments and their results]Paolo Soliani
Istituto di Clinica Chirurgica Generale e dei Trapianti d Organo, Universita degli Studi di Parma
Chir Ital 54:477-86. 2002..The shortest mean hospital stay (4.8 days) was observed with the endoscopic approach...
- [Italian Society of Surgery. II Consensus Conference. Acute pancreatitis. Bologna, 30 October 2001]P Banna
Chir Ital 54:741-57. 2002
- Laparoscopic endogastric pseudocyst gastrostomy: a report of three casesB J Ammori
Royal Gwent Hospital, Newport, United Kingdom
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 12:437-40. 2002..The laparoscopic endogastric pseudocyst gastrostomy appears to be a safe and effective minimally invasive approach for internal drainage of large retrogastric pancreatic pseudocysts and facilitates debridement of the necrotic pancreas...
- Therapeutic pancreatic endoscopyK Mergener
Virginia Mason Medical Center, 1100 Ninth Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Endoscopy 35:48-54. 2003....
- [Endoscopic treatment of pancreatitis and its complications]V Aguilera
Servicio de Medicina Digestiva Hospital Universitario La Fe Valencia España
Gastroenterol Hepatol 26:13-8. 2003..To study the long- and short-term safety and efficacy of endoscopic treatment of pancreatitis and its complications in our environment...
- Role of endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography in acute pancreatitisKaren R Canlas
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Duke University Medical Center, DUMC Box 3662, Durham, NC 27710, United States
World J Gastroenterol 13:6314-20. 2007....
- Clinical usefulness of a treatment algorithm for pancreatic pseudocystsMarc Barthet
Department of Gastroenterology, Hopital Nord, Marseille, France
Gastrointest Endosc 67:245-52. 2008..Endoscopic procedures have become a first-line approach to the treatment of pancreatic pseudocysts...
- Management of childhood pancreatic disorders: a multidisciplinary approachSurender K Yachha
Department of Gastroenterology, Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226 014, India
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 36:206-12. 2003..Data on therapeutic endoscopy and radiologic interventions for the management of childhood pancreatic disorders are relatively limited. This study focuses on the multidisciplinary approach to the management of pancreatitis in children...
- Motion--pancreatic endoscopy is useful for the pain of chronic pancreatitis: arguments for the motionStanley M Branch
Division of Gastroenterology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Can J Gastroenterol 17:57-9. 2003..This article describes the techniques, indications and results of endoscopic therapy of pancreatic lesions...
- [Acute abdominal pain in a Turkish patient after abdominal surgery. What has the surgeon overlooked?]Peter Stiefelhagen
MMW Fortschr Med 146:10. 2004
- Pancreatic cancer initially presenting with a pseudocyst at the splenic flexureEiji Inagi
Department of Surgery, Sapporo Higashi Tokushukai Hospital, Sapporo, Japan
Pathol Int 56:558-62. 2006..The present case may be instructive in showing physicians that a pseudocyst may obscure the presence of pancreatic cancer...
- Pancreatic cyst associated with pancreas divisum treated by laparoscopy-assisted cystgastrostomy in the intragastric approach: a case report and a review of the literatureTakeshi Matsutani
Department of Surgery, Nippon Medical School, Tama Nagayama Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 17:317-20. 2007..A laparoscopy-assisted cystgastrostomy, using an intragastric surgical technique, offers a safe, less-invasive procedure for cyst drainage by the pancreas divisum...
- Two cases of pancreatic abscess associated with penetration to the gastrointestinal tract during treatment using endoscopic ultrasound-guided drainageHidemichi Imamura
Department of Internal Medicine 2, Fukushima Medical University School of Medicine, Japan
Fukushima J Med Sci 53:39-49. 2007..It is important to understand the courses of these cases for preparation of therapeutic strategies to treat pancreatic pseudocyst/abscess.
- [Therapeutic endoscopy in pancreas]Alfredo Güitrón-Cantú
Departamento de Endoscopia Digestiva, Hospital de Especialidades No 71 Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Torreon, Coahuila
Rev Gastroenterol Mex 70:121-32. 2005..Methods that have not yet been established should be evaluated in carefully designed prospective trials...
- GROWTH CONTROL OF NORMAL AND CIRRHOTIC HEPATOCYTESKevin Behrns; Fiscal Year: 2003..Identification of novel or differentially regulated hepatocyte growth control genes may provide information about altered growth control of cirrhotic hepatocytes. ..
- GROWTH CONTROL OF NORMAL AND CIRRHOTIC HEPATOCYTESKevin Behrns; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will continue to seek counsel from our K08 mentors (Drs. David Brenner and Lola Reid) and use liberally the UNC Center for Gastrointestinal Biology and Disease for core facilities such as the Molecular Imaging Core. ..
- Evaluation of Biliary Strictures by IDUS, DIA, and FISHMichael Levy; Fiscal Year: 2005..Significance: The study results have the potential to significantly improve the accurate diagnosis of biliary strictures. Earlier and more definitive diagnosis will translate into improved treatment options. ..
- GROWTH CONTROL OF NORMAL AND CIRRHOTIC HEPATOCYTESKevin E Behrns; Fiscal Year: 2010..3) To determine if cirrhotic human hepatocytes are resistant to TGFbeta-induced apoptosis via mechanisms that are operative in a murine model. ..
- Biomarkers of COX-2 inhibitors in intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm (IPMN)Christian Schmidt; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ENTERIC PHYSIOLOGY OF THE TRANSPLANTED GUTMichael Sarr; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal will define important, novel neural mechanisms regulating motor and absorptive function in the denervated gut. Selected aspects have translational value to clinical gut transplantation. [unreadable] [unreadable]..