Genomes and Genes
Summary: An adenocarcinoma producing mucin in significant amounts. (From Dorland, 27th ed)
Publications266 found, 100 shown here
- A clinicopathologic study of mucinous adenocarcinoma of the stomachH Kawamura
Department of Surgery, JA Sapporo Kosei Hospital, Sapporo, Japan
Gastric Cancer 4:83-6. 2001BACKGROUND: Mucinous adenocarcinoma of the stomach is a rare histologic type of gastric adenocarcinoma and its features are still controversial. We attempted to clarify the clinicopathologic characteristics of this histologic type...
- Mucinous carcinoma of the colon: correlation of loss of mismatch repair enzymes with clinicopathologic features and survivalSanjay Kakar
Department of Pathology, University of California San Francisco and Veteran Affairs Medical Center, San Francisco, CA, USA
Mod Pathol 17:696-700. 2004..The outcome for MSI-H mucinous carcinoma is better than that of microsatellite-stable mucinous carcinoma, but MSI status is not an independent predictor of survival...
- Microsatellite instability and colorectal cancer prognosisPiero Benatti
Department of Medicine and Medical Specialties, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 11:8332-40. 2005..The aim of this study was to analyze the prognostic significance of high levels of MSI (MSI-H) in CRC patients in relation to fluorouracil-based chemotherapy...
- New classification of pancreatic intraductal papillary-mucinous tumour by mucin expression: its relationship with potential for malignancyAkiko Nakamura
Department of Pathology, Kagoshima University Faculty of Medicine, Sakuragaoka, Kagoshima, Japan
J Pathol 197:201-10. 2002..In conclusion, our classification of IPMTs by MUC2 expression pattern may be of value in the better assessment of the biological behaviour of IPMTs and their potential for malignancy...
- Pathologically and biologically distinct types of epithelium in intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms: delineation of an "intestinal" pathway of carcinogenesis in the pancreasN Volkan Adsay
Departments of Pathology, Karmanos Cancer Institute and Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 28:839-48. 2004....
- Colloid (mucinous noncystic) carcinoma of the pancreasN V Adsay
Department of Pathology, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Harper Hospital, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 25:26-42. 2001..The luminalization of the basal aspects of the tumor cells may be the cause of stromal mucin accumulation that characterizes colloid carcinoma and may act as a containing factor...
- Multifocal neoplastic precursor lesions associated with lobular atrophy of the pancreas in patients having a strong family history of pancreatic cancerKieran Brune
Department of Pathology, The Sol Goldman Pancreatic Cancer Research Center, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 30:1067-76. 2006..The multifocal nature of familial pancreatic neoplasia suggests that surveillance of these patients is warranted after partial pancreatectomy...
- Right hemicolectomy does not confer a survival advantage in patients with mucinous carcinoma of the appendix and peritoneal seedingS Gonzalez-Moreno
Program in Peritoneal Surface Malignancy, The Washington Cancer Institute, Washington, DC, USA
Br J Surg 91:304-11. 2004..Recent accumulation of a large number of patients with this disease has enabled a re-evaluation of this surgical judgement...
- Mucinous epithelial ovarian cancer: a separate entity requiring specific treatmentViviane Hess
Gynecology Unit, Royal Marsden Hospital, Fulham Rd, London SW3 6JJ, UK
J Clin Oncol 22:1040-4. 2004..Chemotherapy for mEOC is chosen according to guidelines established for EOC. The purpose of this study is to determine whether this is appropriate...
- Intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms of the pancreas: an increasingly recognized clinicopathologic entityT A Sohn
Department of Surgery, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21287-4606, USA
Ann Surg 234:313-21; discussion 321-2. 2001....
- Mucinous adenocarcinoma of the thymus: a distinct variant of thymic carcinomaDaichi Maeda
Department of Pathology, Mitsui Memorial Hospital, 1 Kandaizumicho Chiyodaku, Tokyo, Japan
Lung Cancer 64:22-7. 2009Primary thymic mucinous adenocarcinoma is a recently described subtype of thymic carcinoma, which behaves aggressively.
- Whole-genome allelotyping identified distinct loss-of-heterozygosity patterns in mucinous ovarian and appendiceal carcinomasColleen M Feltmate
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Biology, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:7651-7. 2005b>Mucinous adenocarcinoma of the ovary is one of the common histologic types of ovarian cancer. Its pathogenesis is largely unknown...
- Survival of patients diagnosed with either colorectal mucinous or non-mucinous adenocarcinoma: a population-based study in CanadaLin Xie
Chronic Disease Surveillance Division, Centre for Chronic Disease Prevention and Control, Public Health Agency of Canada, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0K9, Canada
Int J Oncol 34:1109-15. 2009Previous studies have shown conflicting results on the prognosis of colorectal mucinous adenocarcinoma. This study compared prognostic characteristics of patients diagnosed with mucinous and non-mucinous adenocarcinomas in a Canadian ..
- Mucinous ovarian cancerM L Harrison
Department of Medicine, Royal Marsden Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Int J Gynecol Cancer 18:209-14. 2008..For all mucinous tumors of the ovary, establishing primary as opposed to metastatic cancers is important. Clinical presentation, tumor markers, histologic, and immunohistochemical features are helpful in distinguishing most cases...
- The immunohistochemical mucin expression pattern distinguishes different types of intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms of the pancreas and determines their relationship to mucinous noncystic carcinoma and ductal adenocarcinomaJ Luttges
Department of Pathology, University of Kiel, Germany
Am J Surg Pathol 25:942-8. 2001..The second group seems to be related to ductal carcinoma because of its MUC1 positivity in the absence or very weak MUC2 staining. The third group shows focal MUC1/MUC2 expression and is characterized by oncocytic histology...
- Survival after curative resection for mucinous adenocarcinoma of the colorectumYukihide Kanemitsu
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, The Aichi Cancer Center, Kanokoden, Nagoya, Japan
Dis Colon Rectum 46:160-7. 2003..The purpose of this study was to clarify whether the mucin-producing histologic type of carcinoma is associated with a worse prognosis than nonmucinous, differentiated colorectal adenocarcinoma for patients who undergo curative surgery...
- Mucin expression profile in pancreatic cancer and the precursor lesionsKohji Nagata
Department of Human Pathology, Field of Oncology, Kagoshima University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, 8 35 1 Sakuragaoka, Kagoshima 890 8544, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 14:243-54. 2007..In PanINs, expression of both MUC5AC and MUC6 are an early event, whereas up-regulation of MUC1 is a late event. MCNs do not look as if they will show a specific mucin expression profile according to the literature review...
- Aberrant p16(INK4A) and DPC4/Smad4 expression in intraductal papillary mucinous tumours of the pancreas is associated with invasive ductal adenocarcinomaA V Biankin
Cancer Research Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, and Division of Surgery, St Vincent s Hospital, Darlinghurst, NSW 2010 Australia
Gut 50:861-8. 2002....
- Primary mucinous adenocarcinoma of the thymus: a case report and review of the literaturePayal Kapur
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9073, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 130:201-4. 2006Primary thymic mucinous adenocarcinoma is extremely rare; to our knowledge, only 2 cases have been reported to date...
- Gastric morphology and immunophenotype predict poor outcome in mucinous adenocarcinoma of the uterine cervixAtsumi Kojima
Division of Clinical Research, Hyogo Medical Center for Adults, Akashi, Japan
Am J Surg Pathol 31:664-72. 2007Endocervical-type mucinous adenocarcinoma (ECA) of the uterine cervix is defined as a tumor composed of cells resembling those of the endocervical glands, but recent studies have demonstrated that a minority of ECAs displays a gastric ..
- Mucinous adenocarcinoma arising in a neovagina using the sigmoid colon thirty years after operation: a case reportH Hiroi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Surg Oncol 77:61-4. 2001..Total resection of the neovagina and adjuvant radiotherapy was performed. The pathological diagnosis was mucinous adenocarcinoma. CONCLUSIONS: In view of relatively low incidence of mucinous carcinoma arising in the sigmoid colon ..
- Is the intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasia of the biliary tract a counterpart of pancreatic papillary mucinous neoplasm?Gunter Kloppel
J Hepatol 44:249-50. 2006
- Survival among women with borderline ovarian tumors and ovarian carcinoma: a population-based analysisMark E Sherman
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Cancer 100:1045-52. 2004..Comparison of the survival for women with LMP tumors staged as distant with women who have carcinoma may have important implications for diagnostic terminology and clinical management...
- Minimal deviation mucinous adenocarcinoma ('adenoma malignum') of the uterine corpusKaoru Abiko
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medical Science, Kyoto, Japan
Pathol Int 60:42-7. 2010..Microscopic examination of hysterectomy specimens indicated highly differentiated mucinous adenocarcinoma diffusely infiltrating the portion of adenomyosis of the corpus...
- Incidence and survival of mucinous adenocarcinoma of the colorectum: a population-based study from an Asian countryWenbo Du
Department of Community, Occupational and Family Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Dis Colon Rectum 47:78-85. 2004Previous studies have shown conflicting results on the prognosis of mucinous adenocarcinoma of the colorectum. This could be because of heavy bias on patient selection. Furthermore, little data are available from Asian populations...
- Experience with adjuvant chemotherapy for pseudomyxoma peritonei secondary to mucinous adenocarcinoma of the appendix with oxaliplatin/fluorouracil/leucovorin (FOLFOX4)Chin Fan Chen
Department of Surgery, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
World J Surg Oncol 6:118. 2008..Pseudomyxoma peritonei (PMP) is a rare condition characterized by mucinous tumors, disseminated intra-peritoneal implants, and mucinous ascites. So far its diagnosis remains challenging to most clinicians...
- Mixed ovarian large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma, mucinous adenocarcinoma, and teratoma: a report of two cases and review of the literatureJacinthe Chenevert
Department of Pathology, Centre de recherche clinique et évaluative en oncologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, L Hôtel Dieu de Québec, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
Pathol Res Pract 205:657-61. 2009..Histological assessment revealed large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma admixed with mucinous adenocarcinoma and teratoma...
- Extensive perineal and pelvic defects reconstructed simultaneously using bilateral pedicled gracilis and rectus abdominis muscle flaps after en-bloc excision of locally invasive perineal mucinous adenocarcinoma 1Wen Ping Tsai
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Surgery, National Cheng Kung University Medical Center, Tainan, Taiwan
Scand J Plast Reconstr Surg Hand Surg 43:286-90. 2009..gracilis and inferiorly based rectus abdominis muscle flaps after en-bloc excision of the tumour and abdominoperineal resection of locally advanced invasive perineal mucinous adenocarcinoma originating from a chronic anal fistula.
- Prognosis of malignant intraductal papillary mucinous tumours of the pancreas after surgical resection. Comparison with pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomaF Maire
Fédération Médico Chirugicale d Hépato Gastroentérologie, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Gut 51:717-22. 2002..Although the prognosis in malignant resectable intraductal papillary mucinous tumours of the pancreas (IPMT) is often considered more favourable than for ordinary pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma, the long term outcome remains ill defined...
- Intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms of the pancreas: an analysis of clinicopathologic features and outcomeMichael D'Angelica
Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Ann Surg 239:400-8. 2004..To define the natural history of resected intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms (IPMN) of the pancreas and to identify clinical and pathologic prognostic features...
- Mucinous adenocarcinoma of the ovary metastatic to the eye: report of a case with diagnosis by fine needle aspiration biopsyA Heerema
Department of Pathology, University of California, San Francisco 94143-1656, USA
Acta Cytol 45:789-93. 2001..CASE: A woman developed ovarian mucinous adenocarcinoma metastatic to the choroid layer of the eye...
- Mucinous adenocarcinoma of ectopic breast tissue of the vulvaMoonja Chung-Park
Department of Pathology and Obstetrics Gynecology, Case Western Reserve University at MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 126:1216-8. 2002..We report what we believe is the first case of primary mucinous adenocarcinoma arising in ectopic breast tissue of the vulva diagnosed by characteristic histopathologic features and ..
- Mucinous adenocarcinoma of the thymus: a case reportErina Seki
Department of Thoracic Surgery, National Higashisaitama Hospital, Hasuda shi, Saitama, Japan
J Thorac Oncol 3:935-7. 2008A mucinous adenocarcinoma of the thymus is rare, and there is presently limited information on the clinical aspects of this uncommon type of tumor. Only six cases have been reported in the literature...
- Clinicopathological characteristics of mucinous adenocarcinoma of the ovaryMuneaki Shimada
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tottori University School of Medicine, Yonago, Tottori, Japan
Gynecol Oncol 113:331-4. 2009We conducted the present study to clarify the clinicopathological characteristics of mucinous adenocarcinoma.
- CK7, CK20, CDX2 and MUC2 Immunohistochemical staining used to distinguish metastatic colorectal carcinoma involving ovary from primary ovarian mucinous adenocarcinomaJung Ha Shin
Department of Hospital Pathology, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Kangnam St Mary s Hospital, 505 Banpo Dong, Seocho Gu, Seoul 137 040, Republic of Korea
Jpn J Clin Oncol 40:208-13. 2010..the most common tumor that metastasizes to the ovary, is often difficult to distinguish from primary ovarian mucinous adenocarcinoma (POMA). Obtaining the correct diagnosis is difficult but crucial to treatment and prognosis.
- Cystic lesion mimicking intraductal papillary mucinous tumor arising in heterotopic pancreas of the stomach and synchronous intraductal papillary mucinous adenocarcinoma of the pancreasHo Sung Park
Department of Pathology, Institute for Medical Science, Chonbuk National Univerity Medical School, Jeonju, Korea
Int J Surg Pathol 16:324-8. 2008..The gastric lesion was composed of heterotopic pancreatic tissue surrounding a large dilated cyst that was lined with mucinous epithelium and contained a few intraluminal papillae...
- Mucinous adenocarcinoma arising from the gastrointestinal epithelium in benign cystic teratoma of the ovary--case reportM Guney
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Suleyman Demirel University, Isparta, Turkey
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 27:304-6. 2006..Adenocarcinoma arising from gastrointestinal epithelium within BCTOs is extremely rare. This is the fifth reported case of adenocarcinoma arising in gastrointestinal epithelium of a BCTO...
- Mucinous adenocarcinoma associated with fistula in ano: report of a caseE M Sierra
Hospital de Especialidades Bernardo Sepúlveda, Centro Medico Nacional Siglo XXI, Mexico DF, Mexico
Tech Coloproctol 10:51-3. 2006..Surgical resection is the first choice of curative treatment, and additional treatments include chemotherapy, radiotherapy and brachytherapy...
- A retrospective review with long term follow up of 11,400 cases of pure mucinous breast carcinomaSalomone Di Saverio
Department of Surgery, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 111:541-7. 2008..This study presents a large PMBC series with 20 years follow up as compared to IDC. The relative significance of a variety of common prognostic factors is calculated for this uncommon histology...
- Recurrent urachal mucinous adenocarcinoma presenting as bilateral ovarian tumors on cesarean deliveryAlaa El-Ghobashy
Department of Gynaecological Oncology, St James s University Hospital, Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Int J Gynecol Cancer 19:1539-41. 2009..These tumors have a predilection to locally spread to the surrounding organs. Ovarian metastasis is a rare event and is infrequently reported in literature...
- [Mucinous adenocarcinoma of the bladder]J L Palmero Marti
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia
Actas Urol Esp 27:274-80. 2003b>Mucinous adenocarcinoma is a rare entity within the group of primary adenocarcinoma of the bladder which represent 0.5-2% of all malignant epithelial bladder tumours...
- [Mucinous adenocarcinoma of the anterior mediastinum]Y Seki
National Nagoya Hospital, Nagoya, Japan
Kyobu Geka 57:413-6. 2004The authors report are a rare case of primary mucinous adenocarcinoma of the anterior mediastinum in a 34-year-old Japanese woman. Routine chest radiography revealed an abnormal mass lesion in the left upper mediastinum...
- Long-term surgical outcome of noninvasive and minimally invasive intraductal papillary mucinous adenocarcinoma of the pancreasToshio Nakagohri
Second Department of Surgery, Chiba University School of Medicine, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
World J Surg 26:1166-9. 2002..after surgical resection in patients with noninvasive and minimally invasive intraductal papillary mucinous adenocarcinoma. We performed a retrospective review of the clinicopathological features and outcome in patients who ..
- Clinicopathologic features and survival of patients with colorectal mucinous, signet-ring cell or non-mucinous adenocarcinoma: experience at an institution in southern ChinaWu Song
Department of Gastrointestinal pancreatic Surgery, First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong 501800, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 122:1486-91. 2009..clinicopathologic features and prognosis of patients with colorectal mucinous, signet-ring cell, or non-mucinous adenocarcinoma; only few such studies have been performed in China...
- Ectopic expression of a GlcNAc 6-O-sulfotransferase, GlcNAc6ST-2, in colonic mucinous adenocarcinomaAkira Seko
Department of Biochemistry, Sasaki Institute, 2 2, Kanda Surugadai, Chiyoda ku, Tokyo 101 0062, Japan
Glycobiology 12:379-88. 2002..From these results, it was indicated that GlcNAc6ST-2 corresponds to mucinous adenocarcinoma-specific SulT-b and that expression of GlcNAc6ST-3 is down-regulated in colonic adenocarcinomas.
- Clinical outcome of signet ring cell carcinoma and mucinous adenocarcinoma of the colonJinn Shiun Chen
Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Department of Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital at Linkou, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Chang Gung Med J 33:51-7. 2010..of this study was to evaluate the clinicopathologic features and prognosis of signet ring cell carcinoma (SCC) and non-SCC mucinous adenocarcinoma (MC) and to compare them with those of nonmucinous adenocarcinoma (NMC) of the colon.
- Absence of estrogen receptor-alpha expression in human ovarian clear cell adenocarcinoma compared with ovarian serous, endometrioid, and mucinous adenocarcinomaM Fujimura
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Japan
Am J Surg Pathol 25:667-72. 2001..in clinically resected ovarian CCA, serous adenocarcinoma (SAC), endometrioid adenocarcinoma (EAC), and mucinous adenocarcinoma (MAC) specimens using an immunohistochemical method...
- Immunohistochemical phenotype of the urinary bladder endocervicosis: comparison with normal endocervix and well-differentiated mucinous adenocarcinoma of uterine cervixHiroyuki Hao
Department of Surgical Pathology, Hyogo College of Medicine, Nishinomiya, 1 1 Mukogawa cho, Nishinomiya, Hyogo, Japan
Pathol Int 60:528-32. 2010..of these glands was compared with three normal uterine endocervices and two cases of well-differentiated mucinous adenocarcinoma of the uterine cervix...
- Fibromyxoid nephrogenic adenoma: a newly recognized variant mimicking mucinous adenocarcinomaDonna Elizabeth Hansel
Department of Pathology, The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 31:1231-7. 2007..This case series is the first report of a fibromyxoid subtype of nephrogenic adenoma. Awareness of this entity and the use of ancillary techniques can aid in the diagnosis of this unusual form of nephrogenic adenoma...
- Intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms of the pancreas: an updated experienceTaylor A Sohn
Departments of Surgery, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, USA
Ann Surg 239:788-97; discussion 797-9. 2004..To update the authors' experience with intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms (IPMNs) of the pancreas...
- Do consensus indications for resection in branch duct intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm predict malignancy? A study of 147 patientsMario Pelaez-Luna
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 102:1759-64. 2007..Among a cohort of patients with IPMN-Br we determined if the consensus IR (CIR), presence of multifocal IPMN-Br, or growth of cyst size on follow-up predict malignancy...
- Prospective morbidity and mortality assessment of cytoreductive surgery plus perioperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy to treat peritoneal dissemination of appendiceal mucinous malignancyPaul H Sugarbaker
Washington Cancer Institute, 106 Irving Street, N W, Suite 3900, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 13:635-44. 2006..tumor showing disseminated peritoneal adenomucinosis or an aggressive malignancy identified as peritoneal mucinous adenocarcinoma. Patients with these diagnoses were treated by cytoreductive surgery and perioperative intraperitoneal ..
- BRAF mutations are associated with distinctive clinical, pathological and molecular features of colorectal cancer independently of microsatellite instability statusWei Qi Li
School of Surgery and Pathology, University of Western Australia, Nedlands, WA 6009, Australia
Mol Cancer 5:2. 2006..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the clinical, pathological and molecular phenotype of colorectal tumors with BRAF mutations...
- Recurrent mucinous carcinoma of the eyelidSubramanian Krishnakumar
Medical and Vision Research Foundation, Sankara Nethralaya, Chennai, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 52:156-7. 2004..A case of recurrent mucinous carcinoma of the lid in a 40-year-old male is reported. Clinical differential diagnosis and histopathologic features are discussed...
- Mucinous adenocarcinoma of the renal pelvis with pseudomyxoma peritoneiVinaya B Shah
Department of Pathology, T N Medical College and B Y L Nair Hospital, Dr A L Nair Road, Bombay Central, Mumbai 400 008, India
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 51:536-7. 2008b>Mucinous adenocarcinoma of the renal pelvis is an extremely rare tumor with very few case reports in literature...
- Mucinous adenocarcinoma showing different clinicopathological and molecular characteristics in relation to different colorectal cancer subgroupsJ M Chiang
Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Chang Gung University, College of Medicine, Lin Kou, Taiwan
Int J Colorectal Dis 25:941-7. 2010b>Mucinous adenocarcinoma (MAC) is frequently reported to be associated with patients of young-age sporadic colorectal cancer (YSCC) and hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer (HNPCC)...
- Distinct molecular features of colorectal carcinoma with signet ring cell component and colorectal carcinoma with mucinous componentShuji Ogino
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mod Pathol 19:59-68. 2006..Signet ring cell carcinoma and mucinous carcinoma are related subtypes of colorectal adenocarcinoma, but have molecular features distinct from each other...
- Mucinous adenocarcinoma arising from one retroperitoneal mature cystic teratoma in a postmenopausal womanEun Seop Song
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, College of Medicine, Inha University, Shinheung Dong, Jung Gu, Icheon, Korea
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 31:127-32. 2005..A 72-year-old woman with mucinous adenocarcinoma arising from a retroperitoneal mature cystic teratoma is presented.
- Risk factors for different histological types of ovarian cancerF Parazzini
Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milan, Italy
Int J Gynecol Cancer 14:431-6. 2004..7) and endometrioid (OR = 0.8) ovarian cancers but not for mucinous (OR = 1.4) and other histologies (OR = 1.6). Finally, our results on dietary fat intake did not show substantial differences in all histological types of ovarian cancer...
- Risk of mortality by histologic type of breast cancer among women aged 50 to 79 yearsChristopher I Li
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Division of Public Health Sciences, Seattle, Wash 98109, USA
Arch Intern Med 163:2149-53. 2003..Differences in survival rates by histologic types of tumor have been reported, but few of the published studies were population based or had adequate power to address this issue...
- Outcomes following resection of invasive and noninvasive intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms of the pancreasKeita Wada
Department of General Surgery, Virginia Mason Medical Center, 1100 Ninth Ave, C6 Gsurg, Seattle, WA 98111, USA
Am J Surg 189:632-6; discussion 637. 2005..Since any intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm (IPMN) is at least premalignant, avoiding conversion to invasion by pancreatic resection should provide a survival advantage-but how much?..
- BRAF and KRAS gene mutations in intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm/carcinoma (IPMN/IPMC) of the pancreasFrank Schönleben
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, 1130 St Nicholas Ave, ICRC 10 04, New York, NY 10032, USA
Cancer Lett 249:242-8. 2007..Our data provide evidence that oncogenic properties of BRAF contribute to the tumorigenesis of IPMN/IPMC, but at a lower frequency than KRAS...
- Cytokeratins 7 and 20, Dpc4, and MUC5AC in the distinction of metastatic mucinous carcinomas in the ovary from primary ovarian mucinous tumors: Dpc4 assists in identifying metastatic pancreatic carcinomasHongxiu Ji
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore 21231, USA
Int J Gynecol Pathol 21:391-400. 2002..Loss of Dpc4 expression is useful for distinguishing metastatic pancreatic carcinomas in the ovary from both primary ovarian mucinous tumors and metastatic mucinous carcinomas derived from other sites...
- Differential roles of alterations of p53, p16, and SMAD4 expression in the progression of intraductal papillary-mucinous tumors of the pancreasShigeru Sasaki
First Department of Internal Medicine, Sapporo Medical University, Chuo Ku, Japan
Oncol Rep 10:21-5. 2003..Our results suggest that these alterations accumulate during the progression of IPMTs, reflecting results of analysis of allelic losses that showed a stepwise accumulation of genetic changes during progression...
- Retroperitoneal primary mucinous adenocarcinoma with a mural nodule of anaplastic tumor: a case report and literature reviewMikio Mikami
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, National Saitama Hospital, Wako, Saitama, Japan
Int J Gynecol Pathol 22:205-8. 2003..On microscopic examination, the cystic areas were lined by an invasive mucinous adenocarcinoma and the nodule was composed of an anaplastic sarcomatoid tumor that was immunoreactive for cytokeratin...
- Special types of invasive breast cancer, with clinical implicationsDavid L Page
Department of Pathology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennesee 37232, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 27:832-5. 2003..The mitotic count may be the most important part of the grading system, certainly for prognosis within 5 years of diagnosis. (22, 26)..
- Pseudomyxoma peritonei: a case of mucinous adenocarcinoma of the appendix presenting as inguinal herniaM A Rezkalla
Loma Linda VA Medical Center, USA
S D Med 59:54-5, 57. 2006..It is best practice, we believe, that any mucoid fluid encountered during hernia repair should be recovered and, along with the hernial sac, be assessed histologically...
- Mucinous adenocarcinoma of the rectum with breast and ocular metastasesRaja B Hisham
Department of Surgery, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Malaysia
Asian J Surg 29:95-7. 2006..who, 10 months after abdominoperineal resection and total mesorectal excision for a locally advanced mucinous adenocarcinoma of the rectum, presented with local recurrence and metastases to the breast, spine, the left eye and ..
- Mucoid breast carcinomas: histology and prognosisI S Fentiman
ICRF Clinical Oncology Unit, Guy s Hospital, London, UK
Br J Cancer 75:1061-5. 1997..With such a good prognosis, patients with pure mucoid carcinomas may not require systemic adjuvant therapy after adequate primary treatment...
- Case of mucinous adenocarcinoma with porcelain gallbladderYoung Eun Joo
Department of Internal Medicine, Chonnam National University Medical School, Kwangju, Korea
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 18:995-8. 2003Histologically, the majority of gallbladder cancers are adenocarcinomas. Among the adenocarcinomas, the mucinous adenocarcinoma is relatively uncommon...
- A case of large mucinous adenocarcinoma arising in a long-standing fistula-in-anoYamac Erhan
Department of Surgery, Celal Bayar University Faculty of Medicine, Manisa, Turkey
Dig Surg 20:69-71. 2003..Chronic anal fistulas are not rare conditions, however, the development of a carcinoma in a long-standing fistula-in-ano is rare...
- [Survival rates of patients with mucinous adenocarcinoma of the colorectum]Siniga Maksimović
Opsta bolnica Sveti Vracevi u Bijeljini, Bosna i Hercegovina
Med Arh 61:26-9. 2007b>Mucinous adenocarcinoma is one of the histological subtypes of colorectal cancer. Mucinous colorectal adenocarcinomas comprise approximately 1 to 6 percent of all colorectal epithelial cancers...
- Molecular pathological subclassification of mucinous adenocarcinoma of the colorectumDong Li
Division of Surgical Pathology, Department of Biomedical Informatics, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
Pathol Int 55:766-74. 2005..005). These results indicate that MAC of the colorectum could be subclassified according to molecular pathological background, reflecting distinct clinicopathological and phenotypic characteristics...
- Phosphorylated Akt/PKB controls cell growth and apoptosis in intraductal papillary-mucinous tumor and invasive ductal adenocarcinoma of the pancreasShuho Semba
First Department of Pathology, Yamagata University School of Medicine, Yamagata, Japan
Pancreas 26:250-7. 2003..Akt/PKB promotes cell proliferation and rescues cells from apoptosis...
- Multiple births and risk of epithelial ovarian cancerD C Whiteman
Imperial Cancer Research Fund General Practice Research Group, University of Oxford, U K
J Natl Cancer Inst 92:1172-7. 2000..We estimated the relative risks of various histologic types of ovarian cancers associated with multiple births by using multivariable logistic regression analysis, adjusting for matching and confounding variables...
- The different etiologies of mucinous and nonmucinous epithelial ovarian cancersDavid M Purdie
Queensland Institute of Medical Research, 300 Herston Road, Herston, Queensland 4006, Australia
Gynecol Oncol 88:S145-8. 2003
- Unusual abdominal tumors, case 1. Pseudomyxoma peritonei: response to capecitabineJason S Levitz
zDon Monti Division of Oncology, Department of Medicine, North Shore University Hospital NYU School of Medicine, Manhasset, NY, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:1518-20. 2004
- Prognostic significance of mucinous carcinoma of colon and rectum: a prospective case-control studyF Consorti
Dipartimento Scienze Chirurgiche e Tecnologie Mediche Applicate, Universita La Sapienza di Roma, Roma, Italy
J Surg Oncol 73:70-4. 2000..We used clinicopathological and follow-up data prospectively recorded for our series of colon and rectum cancer to compare 2 matched groups of mucinous and nonmucinous cancer patients...
- Is mucinous carcinoma of the colorectum a distinct genetic entity?C Hanski
Universitatsklinikum Benjamin Franklin, Department of Gastroenterology, Freie Universitat Berlin, Germany
Br J Cancer 72:1350-6. 1995..Further identification of genetic changes characteristic of the mucinous phenotype will help to understand the aetiology of these tumours and possibly establish markers for detection of the high-risk group...
- Two subtypes of mucinous adenocarcinoma of the colorectum: clinicopathological and genetic featuresSarli Leopoldo
Department of Surgical Sciences, Section of General Surgical Clinics and Surgical Therapy, Parma University, Medical School, Parma, Italy
Ann Surg Oncol 15:1429-39. 2008....
- Histopathological diagnosis of pancreatic intraepithelial neoplasia and intraductal papillary-mucinous neoplasms: interobserver agreementDaniel S Longnecker
Department of Pathology, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Pancreas 31:344-9. 2005....
- Aggressive behavior of stage I ovarian mucinous tumors lacking extensive infiltrative invasion: a report of four cases and review of the literatureCatherine Ludwick
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Vancouver General Hospital and University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Int J Gynecol Pathol 24:205-17. 2005....
- Mucinous adenocarcinoma of the renal pelvis presenting as pyonephrosis: a case reportAmanjit Bal
Department of Pathology, GMCH 32, Chandigarh
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 50:336-7. 2007Tumours of the renal pelvis are rare. We present a case of primary mucinous adenocarcinoma of the renal pelvis masquerading as pyonephrosis clinically and diagnosed on histopathologic examination...
- Intraductal tubular neoplasms of the pancreas: histogenesis and differentiationTakuma Tajiri
Division of Gastroenterology, Showa University Fujigaoka Hospital, Yokohama, Japan
Pancreas 30:115-21. 2005..Herein, we report that morphologic and immunohistochemical features of intraductal tubular carcinoma (ITC) are quite different from those of intraductal papillary mucinous carcinoma (IPMC)...
- Distinction of primary and metastatic mucinous tumors involving the ovary: analysis of size and laterality data by primary site with reevaluation of an algorithm for tumor classificationAnna V Yemelyanova
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 32:128-38. 2008..Use of the algorithm is intended as an adjunct to the complete clinicopathologic evaluation that ideally should occur when problematic mucinous tumors in the ovary are encountered...
- Natural history of branch duct intraductal papillary-mucinous neoplasms of the pancreas without mural nodules: long-term follow-up resultsS Tanno
Department of General Medicine, Asahikawa Medical College, 2 1 1 1 East Midorigaoka, Asahikawa, Hokkaido, 078 8510, Japan
Gut 57:339-43. 2008..The aim of this study was to elucidate the natural history of branch duct IPMNs without mural nodules...
- Fate of the remnant pancreas after resection of noninvasive intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasmRebekah White
Department of Surgical Oncology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Am Coll Surg 204:987-93; discussion 993-5. 2007..The risk of local recurrence in the pancreatic remnant after resection of noninvasive intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm (IPMN) is not well defined...
- Proposed new score predicting malignancy of intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms of the pancreasYasuhiro Fujino
Division of Gastroenterological Surgery, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, 7 5 2 Kusunoki cho, Chuo Ku, Kobe, 650 0017, Japan
Am J Surg 194:304-7. 2007..Our objective was to predict malignancy for intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms of the pancreas (IPMN) before operation...
- Mucinous carcinoma of the skin, primary, and secondary: a clinicopathologic study of 63 cases with emphasis on the morphologic spectrum of primary cutaneous forms: homologies with mucinous lesions in the breastDmitry V Kazakov
Sikl s Department of Pathology, Charles University, Medical Faculty Hospital, Alej Svobody 80, 304 60 Pilsen, Czech Republic
Am J Surg Pathol 29:764-82. 2005..Dirty necrosis was a constant histologic finding in intestine mucinous carcinomas involving the skin, and this feature may serve as a clue to an intestinal origin...
- Primary cutaneous mucinous carcinoma of the eyelid in a young maleM Bindra
Central Eye Service, Central Middlesex Hospital, London, U K
Orbit 24:211-4. 2005..Moh's micrographic surgery is the most suitable method of treatment following exclusion of both distant primaries and metastases...
- Clinical characteristics of different histologic types of breast cancerC I Li
Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Ave N, M4 C308, PO Box 19024, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Br J Cancer 93:1046-52. 2005..The histologic types of breast cancer studied here differ greatly in their clinical presentations, and the differences in their hormone receptor profiles and grades point to their likely different aetiologies...
- Geographical variations in TP53 mutational spectrum in ovarian carcinomasA Dansonka-Mieszkowska
Department of Molecular Pathology, The Maria Sklodowska Curie Memorial Cancer Center and Institute of Oncology, Roentgena 5, 02 781 Warsaw, Poland
Ann Hum Genet 70:594-604. 2006..002), while tumours from the UK shared the 273(CYS) codon (80%, p < 0.001). Further analysis of TP53 gene mutations in ovarian cancer by geography could provide greater insights...
- Clinical characteristics and prognosis of mucinous tumors of the ovaryFumitaka Kikkawa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Gynecol Oncol 103:171-5. 2006..In this study, we compared the clinical characteristics and prognosis among these 3 types of mucinous tumors...
- Appendiceal neoplasms with peritoneal dissemination: outcomes after cytoreductive surgery and intraperitoneal hyperthermic chemotherapyJohn H Stewart
Department of General Surgery, Surgical Oncology Service, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 13:624-34. 2006..Few data have correlated outcome with appendiceal histology after cytoreductive surgery and intraperitoneal hyperthermic chemotherapy (IPHC). We have reviewed our experience with cytoreductive surgery and IPHC for PD from the appendix...
- Role of medial pancreatectomy in the management of intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms and islet cell tumors of the pancreatic neck and bodyKazuaki Shimada
Department of Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery, National Cancer Center Central Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Dig Surg 25:46-51. 2008..However, the role of this procedure remains controversial. We investigate outcomes using this method in 14 patients...
- VEGF expression predicts survival in patients with peritoneal surface metastases from mucinous adenocarcinoma of the appendix and colonJocelyn M Logan-Collins
Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, 234 Goodman St, ML 0772, Cincinnati, Ohio 45219, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 15:738-44. 2008..We hypothesized that angiogenic indices may be prognostic in patients undergoing cytoreductive surgery for mucinous adenocarcinoma of the appendix and colon.
- Cytokeratins 7 and 20 in primary and secondary mucinous tumors of the ovary: analysis of coordinate immunohistochemical expression profiles and staining distribution in 179 casesRussell Vang
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 30:1130-9. 2006....
- 18-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography enhances computed tomography diagnosis of malignant intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms of the pancreasCosimo Sperti
IV Surgical Clinic, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Padua, Padova, Italy
Ann Surg 246:932-7; discussion 937-9. 2007....
- Immunohistochemical expression of CDX2 in primary ovarian mucinous tumors and metastatic mucinous carcinomas involving the ovary: comparison with CK20 and correlation with coordinate expression of CK7Russell Vang
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Mod Pathol 19:1421-8. 2006..Cytokeratin 7 provides the predominant discriminatory value among these markers yet is limited to distinction of primary ovarian tumors from metastases of lower gastrointestinal tract origin...
- Possible additional value of 18FDG-PET in managing pancreas intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms: preliminary resultsGian Luca Baiocchi
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, Surgical Clinic, University of Brescia, Brescia, Italy
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 27:10. 2008..In conclusion, this preliminary experience suggests that 18FDG-PET may prove useful for malignancy detection in IPMN, improving differential diagnosis with benign intraductal papillary growth by functional data...
- Clinical significance of signet-ring cells in colorectal mucinous adenocarcinomaChang Okh Sung
Department of Pathology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Kangnam Gu, Seoul, South Korea
Mod Pathol 21:1533-41. 2008..hypothesized that the absence of signet-ring cell component might have a favorable effect on survival of mucinous adenocarcinoma patients...
- Biomarkers of COX-2 inhibitors in intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm (IPMN)Christian Schmidt; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Effect of dietary omega 3 fatty acids on colitis and colon cancer development inJENIFER IMIG FENTON; Fiscal Year: 2012..fish oil enriched with DHA=DFO) promoted experimentally induced colon inflammation and progression to mucinous adenocarcinoma. These tumors were observed at human equivalent doses of 3, 5 and 8 grams of DFO/d (2000 kcal)...
- Depo-Provera and Breast Cancer: Epidemiology/PathologyChristopher Li; Fiscal Year: 2009..such as parity and body mass index, modify this association?;and (3) Does the association between DMPA and breast cancer risk vary by histologic type or by the expression of steroid receptors including ERq, ERft, and PR? ..
- Protein Biomarkers of Cancer Risk in Older PersonsChristopher Li; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- c-erbB-2 and Risk of Contralateral Breast CancerChristopher Li; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FSHD Syndrome: DNA Repeats, Methylation, & ChromatinMelanie Ehrlich; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed research should help elucidate the molecular etiology of the enigmatic FSHD syndrome. ..
- FSHD: Chromatin Structure, Looping, & ExpressionMelanie Ehrlich; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed research should elucidate new aspects of long-distance control of gene expression as well as lending clinically useful insights into this currently intractable disease. ..
- Steroid Hormone Genes and Ovarian Cancer RiskMary Anne Rossing; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed study, by expanding our knowledge of the role of progestogens, estrogens, and androgens in the development of ovarian cancer, will inform efforts to develop effective strategies to prevent this disease. ..
- DIET AND DURATION OF CERVICAL HPV INFECTIONMARC GOODMAN; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- FAMILIAL COLORECTAL NEOPLASIA COLLABORATIVE GROUPNoralane Lindor; Fiscal Year: 2007..fs20\par \par } ..
- Cellular gene expression in HPV associated neoplasiaChristopher Crum; Fiscal Year: 2002..Such methods, if successful, could conceivably revolutionize the approach to cervical cancer prevention by broadening the conditions under which screening could be conducted. ..
- Identifying Receipt of Colorectal Cancer ScreeningNEERAJA PETERSON; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Use of Antidepressants and Risk of Breast CancerMARY ROSSING; Fiscal Year: 2003..g., SSRIs or tricyclics), and individual drugs such as fluoxetine and paroxetine. Use of the pharmacy database will provide unbiased and complete exposure data relative to previous studies based on self-reported drug use. ..
- Urine Protein Biomarker Exploration in Ovarian CancerBin Ye; Fiscal Year: 2006..This project, if successful, could fundamentally shift the approach to the early detection of ovarian cancer and significantly improve the survival rate of cases detected. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Translational Research in Systemic VasculitisJohn Stone; Fiscal Year: 2006..Stone), using patient samples and clinical data from the Vasculitis Center. ..
- Does Hyperglycemia Predict Pancreatic Cancer Diagnosis?Suresh Chari; Fiscal Year: 2006..The research described in this application is 100% relevant to pancreatic cancer. ..
- Epidemiology of Ovarian Cancer:New HypothesesMARY ROSSING; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Preoperative chemotherapy for breast cancerLajos Pusztai; Fiscal Year: 2007..We expect that our work will lead to the development of microarray-based clinical tests to personalize chemotherapy selection for an individual with newly diagnosed breast cancer. ..
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF SMOKING CESSATION--GENETIC INFLUENCESMARY ROSSING; Fiscal Year: 2002..In the future, such knowledge may allow the identification of subgroups of individuals who are most likely to benefit from particular pharmacologic interventions. ..
- Long-term outcomes of head and neck cancer patientsGerry Funk; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Human Subjects Protection: Fox Chase to the CommunityRobert Young; Fiscal Year: 2003..Provide these programs to Network IRBs. Appraise performance of IRB website. 6) Enhance efficiency of Fox Chase IRB office and staff to handle expanded responsibilities. ..
- GLYCOCONJUGATES IN PANCREATIC CANCERYoung Kim; Fiscal Year: 2002..It is hoped that these studies will facilitate the development of novel approaches to both the early diagnosis and treatment of pancreatic cancer. ..
- Pathogenesis of Ovarian Serous Borderline TumorsRobert J Kurman; Fiscal Year: 2010..This will refine diagnostic and prognostic markers of advanced stage tumors. These results will be expected to have a significant impact on the clinical management of patients with this disease. ..