Genomes and Genes
Summary: A malignant neoplasm characterized by the formation of numerous, irregular, finger-like projections of fibrous stroma that is covered with a surface layer of neoplastic epithelial cells. (Stedman, 25th ed)
Publications356 found, 100 shown here
- The role of microRNA genes in papillary thyroid carcinomaHuiling He
Human Cancer Genetics Program, Department of Pathology, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:19075-80. 2005..We conclude that up-regulation of several miRs and regulation of KIT are involved in PTC pathogenesis, and that sequence changes in genes targeted by miRNAs can contribute to their regulation...
- Molecular characterization of RET/PTC3; a novel rearranged version of the RETproto-oncogene in a human thyroid papillary carcinomaM Santoro
Centro di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Sperimentale del C N R, Universita Degli Studi Di Napoli, Italy
Oncogene 9:509-16. 1994..report the identification and cloning of a novel rearranged version of the RET oncogene in a human thyroid papillary carcinoma. In this case the tyrosine-kinase domain of RET was fused to a sequence 790 bp long belonging to a new gene ..
- Incidental papillary carcinoma in patients treated surgically for benign thyroid diseasesDawn P Bradly
Rush University Medical Center, Department of Pathology, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Surgery 146:1099-104. 2009The frequency of incidental papillary carcinoma (IPC) has been reported to be between 4.6 % and 10% in operatively treated benign thyroid diseases...
- Papillary microcarcinoma of the thyroid-Prognostic significance of lymph node metastasis and multifocalitySin Ming Chow
Department of Clinical Oncology, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
Cancer 98:31-40. 2003..The rising incidence of PMC among papillary thyroid carcinoma (PTC) necessitates the identification of prognostic factors and the formulation of treatment protocols...
- Increasing thyroid cancer incidence in Canada, 1970-1996: time trends and age-period-cohort effectsS Liu
Health Surveillance and Epidemiology Division, Centre for Healthy Human Development, Health Canada, Ottawa
Br J Cancer 85:1335-9. 2001..Almost all the increase between 1970-72 and 1994-96 was due to papillary carcinoma of the thyroid...
- RET oncogene activation in papillary thyroid carcinomaG Tallini
Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
Adv Anat Pathol 8:345-54. 2001..in sporadic papillary carcinomas is not known, but the close association between their presence and the papillary carcinoma phenotype indicates that they play a causative role in tumor development...
- High prevalence of mutations of the p53 gene in poorly differentiated human thyroid carcinomasJ A Fagin
Division of Endocrinology, UCLA School of Medicine 90048
J Clin Invest 91:179-84. 1993....
- RET/PTC1 oncogene signaling in PC Cl 3 thyroid cells requires the small GTP-binding protein RhoM V Barone
Centro di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Sperimentale del CNR, c/o Dipartimento di Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare, , Via S. Pansini 5, Naples, Italy
Oncogene 20:6973-82. 2001..Moreover, stress fibers were identified in human thyroid papillary carcinoma cell lines harboring RET/PTC1 rearrangements but not in thyroid carcinoma cells negative for RET/PTC ..
- Coexistence of papillary carcinoma and Hashimoto's thyroiditisDubravka Matesa-Anić
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Thalassotherapia Special Hospital for Medical Rehabilitation, Crikvenica, Croatia
Acta Clin Croat 48:9-12. 2009The aim of the study was to determine the incidence of coexistence of papillary carcinoma and Hashimoto's thyroiditis in cytologic material...
- Focal adhesion kinase as a marker of invasive potential in differentiated human thyroid cancerL V Owens
Department of Surgery, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill 27599, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 3:100-5. 1996..Because thyroid carcinomas have a wide variability in their propensity for invasion and metastasis, we studied the expression of FAK in a variety of thyroid tissues...
- Pathologically and biologically distinct types of epithelium in intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms: delineation of an "intestinal" pathway of carcinogenesis in the pancreasN Volkan Adsay
Departments of Pathology, Karmanos Cancer Institute and Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 28:839-48. 2004....
- New classification of pancreatic intraductal papillary-mucinous tumour by mucin expression: its relationship with potential for malignancyAkiko Nakamura
Department of Pathology, Kagoshima University Faculty of Medicine, Sakuragaoka, Kagoshima, Japan
J Pathol 197:201-10. 2002..In conclusion, our classification of IPMTs by MUC2 expression pattern may be of value in the better assessment of the biological behaviour of IPMTs and their potential for malignancy...
- Immunohistochemical detection of p53 homolog p63 in solid cell nests, papillary thyroid carcinoma, and hashimoto's thyroiditis: A stem cell hypothesis of papillary carcinoma oncogenesisDavid E Burstein
Ruttenberg Cancer Center, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Hum Pathol 35:465-73. 2004Most models suggest that the cell of origin of papillary carcinoma is the mature thyroid follicular epithelial cell...
- Multifocal neoplastic precursor lesions associated with lobular atrophy of the pancreas in patients having a strong family history of pancreatic cancerKieran Brune
Department of Pathology, The Sol Goldman Pancreatic Cancer Research Center, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 30:1067-76. 2006..The multifocal nature of familial pancreatic neoplasia suggests that surveillance of these patients is warranted after partial pancreatectomy...
- Pathogenesis of invasive micropapillary carcinoma: role of MUC1 glycoproteinHind Nassar
Department of Pathology, Wayne State University, Harper University Hospital Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Mod Pathol 17:1045-50. 2004....
- Clinicopathologic analysis of invasive micropapillary differentiation in breast carcinomaH Nassar
Department of Pathology, Harper Hospital, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Mod Pathol 14:836-41. 2001..However, clinicopathologic features and outcome of IMPCa are not strongly dependent on the relative amount of micropapillary component...
- Mutations of the BRAF gene in papillary thyroid carcinoma in a Korean populationKyung Hee Kim
Department of Pathology, College of Medicine, Chungnam National University, 6 Moonwha 1 dong, Jung Gu, Daejeon 301 131, Korea
Yonsei Med J 45:818-21. 2004..These findings support the specific inhibitors of BRAF being promising targets for the disease outcome...
- Usefulness of thyroglobulin measurement in fine-needle aspiration biopsy specimens for diagnosing cervical lymph node metastasis in patients with papillary thyroid cancerTakashi Uruno
Department of Surgery, Kuma Hospital, 8 2 35 Shimoyamate dori, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0011, Japan
World J Surg 29:483-5. 2005..Thyroglobulin measurement in fine-needle aspiration biopsy wash-out is thus a useful technique for diagnosing lymph node metastasis of papillary thyroid cancer...
- Pattern of radiation-induced RET and NTRK1 rearrangements in 191 post-chernobyl papillary thyroid carcinomas: biological, phenotypic, and clinical implicationsH M Rabes
Institute of Pathology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 6:1093-103. 2000..The genotype/phenotype evaluation of post-Chernobyl PTCs reveals a characteristic spectrum of gene rearrangements that lead to typical phenotypes with important biological and clinical implications...
- BRAF mutations in papillary carcinomas of the thyroidToshihiko Fukushima
Department of Surgery, Fukushima Medical University, 1 Hikarigaoka, Fukushima 960 1295, Japan
Oncogene 22:6455-7. 2003..NRAS mutation was observed in six cases (6%), all in histological types other than papillary carcinoma, and was exclusively Q61R. No mutations were found in KRAS or HRAS...
- RET/NTRK1 rearrangements in thyroid gland tumors of the papillary carcinoma family: correlation with clinicopathological featuresI Bongarzone
Division of Experimental Oncology A, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 4:223-8. 1998The papillary carcinoma family (PCF) of thyroid tumors includes a wide variety of neoplastic entities regarded as well-differentiated, poorly differentiated, and undifferentiated papillary thyroid carcinomas...
- Hepatocyte growth factor receptor, matrix metalloproteinase-11, tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1, and fibronectin are up-regulated in papillary thyroid carcinoma: a cDNA and tissue microarray studyVeli Matti Wasenius
Department of Oncology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, FIN 00029 Helsinki, Finland
Clin Cancer Res 9:68-75. 2003....
- High prevalence of BRAF gene mutation in papillary thyroid carcinomas and thyroid tumor cell linesXiulong Xu
Department of General Surgery, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, 1653 West Congress Parkway, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Cancer Res 63:4561-7. 2003..We found that BRAF was mutated in 8 of 10 thyroid tumor cell lines, including 2 of 2 papillary carcinoma cell lines, 4 of 5 anaplastic carcinoma cell lines, 1 of 2 follicular carcinoma cell lines, and 1 ..
- BRAF(V600E) mutation and outcome of patients with papillary thyroid carcinoma: a 15-year median follow-up studyRossella Elisei
Department of Endocrinology, University of Pisa, Via Paradisa 2, 56124 Pisa, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:3943-9. 2008..In this study we verified the prognostic value of the BRAF(V600E) mutation in PTC patients with a long-term follow-up...
- PIK3CA mutations in intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm/carcinoma of the pancreasFrank Schönleben
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:3851-5. 2006..The mutational status of PIK3CA in intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm/carcinoma (IPMN/IPMC) has not been evaluated previously...
- A time trend analysis of papillary and follicular cancers as a function of tumour size: a study of data from six cancer registries in France (1983-2000)M Colonna
FRANCIM, French Cancer Registries Network, Faculte de Medecine, 37 allée Jules Guesdes, 31073 Toulouse Cedex, France
Eur J Cancer 43:891-900. 2007..Obviously, these findings do not exclude the possible role of other factors...
- Frequency of BRAF T1796A mutation in papillary thyroid carcinoma relates to age of patient at diagnosis and not to radiation exposureNed Powell
Human Cancer Studies Group, The Clinical School, Swansea University, Singleton Park, Swansea, Wales, UK
J Pathol 205:558-64. 2005..These results suggest that the different molecular biological profiles observed are associated with the age of the patient at diagnosis with PTC, rather than being associated with radiation exposure...
- Intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms of the pancreas: an increasingly recognized clinicopathologic entityT A Sohn
Department of Surgery, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21287-4606, USA
Ann Surg 234:313-21; discussion 321-2. 2001....
- High prevalence of BRAF mutations in thyroid cancer: genetic evidence for constitutive activation of the RET/PTC-RAS-BRAF signaling pathway in papillary thyroid carcinomaEdna T Kimura
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267, USA
Cancer Res 63:1454-7. 2003..Because these signaling proteins function along the same pathway in thyroid cells, this represents a unique paradigm of human tumorigenesis through mutation of three signaling effectors lying in tandem...
- The role of lymphadenectomy in the management of papillary carcinoma of the thyroidLorne Rotstein
University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
J Surg Oncol 99:186-8. 2009..Lateral compartment neck dissection is reserved for patients with known metastatic disease. This article attempts to review the literature on surgery of lymph nodes in papillary thyroid cancer...
- Immunohistochemical characteristics of diffuse sclerosing variant of papillary carcinoma: comparison with conventional papillary carcinomaJa Seung Koo
Department of Pathology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Gangnam Gu, Seoul, South Korea
APMIS 118:744-52. 2010Diffuse sclerosing variant of papillary carcinoma (DSVPC) is a rare variant of papillary thyroid carcinoma (PTC)...
- Clinicopathologic analysis of solid papillary carcinoma of the breast and associated invasive carcinomasHind Nassar
Wayne State University Harper Hospital and Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, MI, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 30:501-7. 2006..In conclusion, SPCs are heterogeneous lesions that arise in older women and have an indolent behavior. Lymph node and distant metastases are uncommon and generally limited to cases with (conventional) invasive components...
- Micropapillary variant of urothelial carcinoma of the urinary bladder; a clinicopathological and immunohistochemical studyH Samaratunga
Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Histopathology 45:55-64. 2004..To investigate whether prognosis in micropapillary urothelial carcinoma is related to the proportion of the micropapillary component (MPC), and to identify the immunohistochemical features of MPC...
- Detection of the PAX8-PPAR gamma fusion oncogene in both follicular thyroid carcinomas and adenomasLinda Cheung
Cancer Genetics Unit, Kolling Institute, Royal North Shore Hospital, St Leonards, New South Wales 2065, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:354-7. 2003..Our findings suggest that the PAX8-PPAR gamma fusion protein promotes differentiated follicular thyroid neoplasia, although it is not sufficient per se for carcinogenesis...
- Invasive micropapillary carcinoma of the breast: clinicopathological and immunohistochemical studyClarissa De La Cruz
Department of Pathology, Tohoku University Hospital, Sendai, Japan
Pathol Int 54:90-6. 2004..These results suggest that IMPCa is, at least, the same or more aggressive than lymph node positive cases of IDC-NOS. Hence, not only the high incidence of lymph node metastases but also distant, blood-borne metastases may be important...
- A pilot case-control study of gamma-radiation sensitivity and risk of papillary thyroid cancerPing Xiong
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030 4009, USA
Thyroid 15:94-9. 2005..High levels of chromatid breaks induced by gamma-radiation may constitute an independent risk factor for PTC, but further study is needed...
- Papillary carcinoma thyroid presenting as a choroidal metastasis. Report of a case and brief review of literatureUsha Singh
Department of Ophthalmology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 51:81-3. 2003..The orange-coloured tumour posed a diagnostic difficulty, until histopathology of the enucleated eye confirmed the metastasis from the thyroid. The initial presentation of distant metastasis in patients with thyroid cancer is rare...
- A case of sarcoidosis and sarcoid granuloma, papillary carcinoma, and Graves' disease in the thyroid glandT Zimmermann-Belsing
Department of Endocrinology, National University Hospital, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen
Thyroid 10:275-8. 2000..The concomitant presence of sarcoidosis, papillary carcinoma, and Graves' disease in a thyroid gland, to our knowledge, has not previously been described in the ..
- Phosphorylation and inactivation of Tob contributes to the progression of papillary carcinoma of the thyroidYasuhiro Ito
Kuma Hospital, Kobe 650 0011, Japan
Cancer Lett 220:237-42. 2005..1% of follicular adenoma, 14.3% of follicular carcinoma. In papillary carcinoma, the Tob phosphorylation level was elevated more frequently than that in follicular carcinoma, and 39...
- Intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms of the pancreas: an updated experienceTaylor A Sohn
Departments of Surgery, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, USA
Ann Surg 239:788-97; discussion 797-9. 2004..To update the authors' experience with intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms (IPMNs) of the pancreas...
- RET/PTC oncogene activation defines a subset of papillary thyroid carcinomas lacking evidence of progression to poorly differentiated or undifferentiated tumor phenotypesG Tallini
Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
Clin Cancer Res 4:287-94. 1998..017). RET activation in papillary carcinoma was not associated with clinical markers (such as large tumor size, extrathyroidal extension, or metastases)..
- RET proto-oncogene in the development of human cancerC Eng
Department of Adult Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Clin Oncol 17:380-93. 1999..Whether the presence of somatic RET mutation is associated with a poor prognosis is currently being investigated as another tool for molecular medicine...
- Thyroid transcription factor-1 in normal, hyperplastic, and neoplastic follicular thyroid cells examined by immunohistochemistry and nonradioactive in situ hybridizationR Katoh
Department of Pathology, Yamanashi Medical University School of Medicine, Tamaho, Japan
Mod Pathol 13:570-6. 2000..b>Papillary carcinoma cells expressed TTF-1 mRNA in all but two cases, and its expression was also demonstrated in one of four ..
- Prognostic significance of the MUC1 and MUC4 expressions in thyroid papillary carcinomaSeung Kuk Baek
Departments of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Laryngoscope 117:911-6. 2007..mucin genes MUC1 and MUC4 and to evaluate the difference of their expressions in normal thyroid tissue, follicular adenoma, and papillary carcinoma. Furthermore, we aimed to estimate their prognostic significance in papillary carcinoma.
- Caveolin-1 overexpression is an early event in the progression of papillary carcinoma of the thyroidY Ito
Department of Surgery, Kuma Hospital, 8 2 35 Shimoyamate dori, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0011, Japan
Br J Cancer 86:912-6. 2002..Normal follicular cells did not express caveolin-1. In papillary carcinoma, caveolin-1 expression was observed in high incidence, and especially in microcancer (less than 1...
- Papillary carcinoma of the thyroid in Japan: subclassification of common type and identification of low risk groupK Kakudo
Department of Pathology, Wakayama Medical University, Wakayama, 641 8509, Japan
J Clin Pathol 57:1041-6. 2004..Papillary thyroid carcinoma (PTC) is classified into two subgroups-common type and other histological variants. Correlations between further subgrouping of the common type and patient prognosis are not well documented...
- Squamous cell carcinoma arising in a tall cell papillary carcinoma of the thyroidJ Sutak
Department of Histopathology, Great Western Hospital, Swindon and Marlborough NHS Trust, Marlborough Road, Swindon SN3 6BB, UK
J Clin Pathol 58:662-4. 2005..of the subsequent total thyroidectomy specimen revealed a biphasic tumour comprising areas of tall cell papillary carcinoma merging with moderately to poorly differentiated squamous cell carcinoma...
- Heterogeneity in the distribution of RET/PTC rearrangements within individual post-Chernobyl papillary thyroid carcinomasKristian Unger
GSF Forschungszentrum für Umwelt und Gesundheit GmbH, Institute of Molecular Radiobiology, Ingolstadter Landstrasse 1, D 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:4272-9. 2004..Chernobyl in 1986 offered the unique opportunity to study the molecular genetics of one human tumor type, papillary carcinoma of the thyroid gland, associated with a specific etiology...
- Ret oncogene activation in human thyroid neoplasms is restricted to the papillary cancer subtypeM Santoro
Centro di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia, Sperimentale del CNR, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Universita di Napoli, Italy
J Clin Invest 89:1517-22. 1992..By contrast, none of the other 109 thyroid tumors, which included 37 follicular, 15 anaplastic, and 18 medullary carcinomas, and 34 benign lesions, showed ret activation...
- Involvement of RET oncogene in human tumours: specificity of RET activation to thyroid tumoursM Santoro
Centro di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Sperimentale del CNR, Dipartimento di Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare, , , Italy
Br J Cancer 68:460-4. 1993..Therefore the activation of RET seems to be a somatic cell mutation specific to human thyroid carcinomas...
- Cribriform-morular variant of papillary carcinoma: the sporadic counterpart of familial adenomatous polyposis-associated thyroid carcinoma. A case report with clinical and molecular genetic correlationSiok Bian Ng
Department of Pathology, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore
Pathology 35:42-6. 2003..The patient is well with no evidence of disease 7 months following resection of the tumour. The differential diagnoses and molecular genetics of this unusual tumour are discussed...
- Cribriform-morular variant of papillary carcinoma: a distinctive variant representing the sporadic counterpart of familial adenomatous polyposis-associated thyroid carcinoma?J Cameselle-Teijeiro
Department of Pathology, Hospital Xeral de Galicia, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Mod Pathol 12:400-11. 1999..Thus, the behavior of this variant seems to be similar to that of conventional papillary carcinoma Because of the distinctive histologic features, we propose naming this tumor the cribriform-morular variant ..
- Papillary carcinoma of thyroid metastatic to the pituitary glandC D Bell
Division of Anatomical Pathology, Department of Laboratory Medicine, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Arch Pathol Lab Med 125:935-8. 2001We describe a 35-year-old woman who presented with diabetes insipidus caused by metastatic papillary carcinoma of the thyroid involving the pituitary gland, 25 years after treatment for a papillary carcinoma of thyroid and 17 years after ..
- Macrofollicular variant of papillary carcinoma of the thyroid: a histologic, cytologic, and immunohistochemical study of 3 cases and review of the literatureAlessandro Lugli
Institute of Pathology, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Arch Pathol Lab Med 128:54-8. 2004The macrofollicular variant of papillary carcinoma of the thyroid is a rare entity described by J. Albores-Saavedra and colleagues in 1991...
- Increased expression of Met protein is associated with up-regulation of hypoxia inducible factor-1 (HIF-1) in tumour cells in papillary carcinoma of the thyroidStefania Scarpino
Dipartimento di Diagnostica di Laboratorio e Patologia, II Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Ospedale Sant Andrea, Universita La Sapienza, Roma, Italy
J Pathol 202:352-8. 2004..of this study suggest that HIF-1, perhaps driven by hypoxia, may be one of the factors leading to the increased transcription of met gene in papillary carcinoma and that this event is often more pronounced at the tumour periphery.
- Assessment of nondiagnostic ultrasound-guided fine needle aspirations of thyroid nodulesErik K Alexander
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur, Room 560, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:4924-7. 2002..Repeat aspiration is often successful and should be the standard approach to such nodules, given their risk of malignancy...
- Incidence of thyroid cancer in adults recorded by French cancer registries (1978-1997)M Colonna
Registre des Cancers de l Isère, 21 Chemin des Sources, 38240 Meylan, France
Eur J Cancer 38:1762-8. 2002..It may be attributed to a possible screening effect or to an increase in the number of "incidentally" discovered cases linked to the use of modern diagnostic tools...
- Preoperative ultrasonographic examination for lymph node metastasis: usefulness when designing lymph node dissection for papillary microcarcinoma of the thyroidYasuhiro Ito
Department of Surgery, Kuma Hospital, 8 2 35 Shimoyamate dori, Chuo Ku, 650 0011 Kobe, Japan
World J Surg 28:498-501. 2004....
- The association between papillary carcinoma and chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis: does it modify the prognosis of cancer?P Del Rio
Department of Surgical Science, General Surgery and Organ Transplantation, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
Minerva Endocrinol 33:1-5. 2008..The aim of this study was to examine this association evaluating the lesser or greater neoplastic aggressiveness...
- The immunohistochemical mucin expression pattern distinguishes different types of intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms of the pancreas and determines their relationship to mucinous noncystic carcinoma and ductal adenocarcinomaJ Luttges
Department of Pathology, University of Kiel, Germany
Am J Surg Pathol 25:942-8. 2001..The second group seems to be related to ductal carcinoma because of its MUC1 positivity in the absence or very weak MUC2 staining. The third group shows focal MUC1/MUC2 expression and is characterized by oncocytic histology...
- BRAF mutations in thyroid tumors are restricted to papillary carcinomas and anaplastic or poorly differentiated carcinomas arising from papillary carcinomasMarina N Nikiforova
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:5399-404. 2003..In papillary carcinomas, BRAF mutations were associated with older age, classic papillary carcinoma or tall cell variant histology, extrathyroidal extension, and more frequent presentation at stages III and ..
- Ultrasonography-guided fine-needle aspiration of thyroid incidentaloma: correlation with pathological findingsIl Seong Nam-Goong
Departments of Internal Medicine, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 60:21-8. 2004....
- Cytoplasmic and serum galectin-3 in diagnosis of thyroid malignanciesHidenori Inohara
Department of Otolaryngology, Osaka University School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 376:605-10. 2008..divided by total protein concentration (mg/ml) in fine needle aspirates, was significantly higher in papillary carcinoma than in the other thyroid entities...
- Minimally invasive video-assisted thyroidectomy for papillary carcinoma: a prospective study of its completenessPaolo Miccoli
Department of Surgery, University of Pisa, S Chiara Hospital, Via Roma 67, 56100 Pisa, Italy
Surgery 132:1070-3; discussion 1073-4. 2002..Some are concerned about this procedure in patients with thyroid cancer. This prospective study aimed to demonstrate that near-total thyroidectomy can be performed by MIVAT with similar results compared with open thyroidectomy...
- Simultaneous immunohistochemical expression of HBME-1 and galectin-3 differentiates papillary carcinomas from hyperfunctioning lesions of the thyroidE D Rossi
Division of Anatomic Pathology and Histology, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Histopathology 48:795-800. 2006..The differential diagnosis between papillary carcinoma and hyperfunctioning lesions, either with papillary hyperplasia or with a follicular architecture, can ..
- Papillary microcarcinoma of the thyroid: how should it be treated?Yasuhiro Ito
Department of Surgery, Kuma Hospital, Chuo Ku, 650 0011 Kobe City, Japan
World J Surg 28:1115-21. 2004....
- PAX8-PPARgamma rearrangement in thyroid tumors: RT-PCR and immunohistochemical analysesMarina N Nikiforova
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0529, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 26:1016-23. 2002..The absence of PAX8-PPARgamma rearrangements in Hurthle cell tumors and papillary thyroid carcinomas highlights the differences in the molecular pathogenesis of these thyroid tumors...
- Thyroglobulin detection in fine-needle aspirates of cervical lymph nodes: a technique for the diagnosis of metastatic differentiated thyroid cancerNuno Cunha
Serviço de Patologia Clínica, Instituto Português de Oncologia de Coimbra Francisco Gentil, EPE, Av Bissaya Barreto, 98, 3000 Coimbra, Portugal
Eur J Endocrinol 157:101-7. 2007..Fine-needle aspiration cytology is frequently used for differential diagnosis of neck masses of unknown origin. Inconclusive and even false-negative results are not uncommon...
- An overview of the management of papillary and follicular thyroid carcinomaE L Mazzaferri
Department of Internal Medicine, The Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus 43210 1228, USA
Thyroid 9:421-7. 1999..A large and growing number of studies demonstrates decreased recurrence of papillary carcinoma and decreased disease-specific mortality attributable to 131I therapy...
- BRAF mutations in papillary thyroid carcinomas inhibit genes involved in iodine metabolismC Durante
Department of Clinical Sciences, University of Rome La Sapienza, 00161 Rome, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:2840-3. 2007..BRAF mutations are common in papillary thyroid carcinomas (PTCs). By affecting the expression of genes critically related to the development and differentiation of thyroid cancer, they may influence the prognosis of these tumors...
- RET/papillary thyroid cancer rearrangement in nonneoplastic thyrocytes: follicular cells of Hashimoto's thyroiditis share low-level recombination events with a subset of papillary carcinomaKerry J Rhoden
Ospedale Bellaria, Via Altura 3, 40139 Bologna, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:2414-23. 2006....
- RET/PTC rearrangements and BRAF mutations in thyroid tumorigenesisRaffaele Ciampi
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, 3550 Terrace Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Endocrinology 148:936-41. 2007Thyroid papillary carcinoma is the most common type of endocrine cancer. It is frequently associated with genetic alterations leading to activation of the MAPK signaling pathway...
- Micropapillary bladder cancer: a review of the University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center experience with 100 consecutive patientsAshish M Kamat
Department of Urology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 110:62-7. 2007..Micropapillary bladder carcinoma is a rare variant of urothelial carcinoma. To improve understanding of this disease, the authors performed a retrospective review of their experience...
- Frequent FGFR3 mutations in papillary non-invasive bladder (pTa) tumorsC Billerey
Service d'Anatomie et de Cytologie Pathologiques, Centre Hospitalo-Universitaire de Rouen, , Rouen, France
Am J Pathol 158:1955-9. 2001..The absence of FGFR3 mutations in CIS and the low frequency of FGFR3 mutations in pT1 and pT2-4 tumors are consistent with the model of bladder tumor progression in which the most common precursor of pT1 and pT2-4 tumors is CIS...
- BRAF mutation in papillary thyroid carcinomaYoram Cohen
Division of Head and Neck Cancer Research, Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205 2196, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 95:625-7. 2003..Our data suggest that activating BRAF mutations may be an important event in the development of papillary thyroid cancer...
- Controversies in papillary microcarcinoma of the thyroidMonique Piersanti
Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital and University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2M9
Endocr Pathol 14:183-91. 2003..Review of the literature substantiates the argument that clinically evident PTC may be distinctly different from solitary or multifocal PMC in terms of etiology and biologic behavior, supporting a conservative approach to management...
- Real-time quantitative RT-PCR identifies distinct c-RET, RET/PTC1 and RET/PTC3 expression patterns in papillary thyroid carcinomaKerry J Rhoden
JB Pierce Laboratory, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Lab Invest 84:1557-70. 2004..We have analyzed by real-time RT-PCR 25 papillary carcinoma and 12 normal thyroid samples for RET/PTC1, RET/PTC3 and for RET exons 10-11 and 12-13, which are adjacent ..
- Prevalence and prognostic significance of poor differentiation and tall cell variant in papillary carcinoma in JapanYasuhiro Ito
Department of Surgery, Kuma Hospital, 8 2 35, Shimoyamate dori, Chuo Ku, Kobe Cit 650 0011, Japan
World J Surg 32:1535-43; discussion 1544-5. 2008..by the WHO classification system (poorly differentiated carcinoma [WHO]), Turin proposal (poorly differentiated carcinoma [Turin]), and JSTS (poorly differentiated carcinoma [Sakamoto]), and tall cell variant in papillary carcinoma.
- Thyroid cancer resistance to chemotherapeutic drugs via autocrine production of interleukin-4 and interleukin-10Giorgio Stassi
Department of Surgical and Oncological Sciences, University of Palermo, 90127 Palermo, Italy
Cancer Res 63:6784-90. 2003..Thus, IL-4 and IL-10 may represent new therapeutic targets for the treatment of thyroid cancer...
- Oncocytic papillary carcinoma with lymphoid stroma (Warthin-like tumour) of the thyroid: a distinct entity with favourable prognosisM Ludvikova
Department of Pathology and Biology, Charles University Medical Faculty, Plzen, Czech Republic
Histopathology 39:17-24. 2001..We report the clinicopathological and immunohistochemical characteristics of 12 cases of a recently recognized entity, oncocytic papillary thyroid carcinoma (PC) with lymphoid stroma (Warthin-like tumour)...
- A population-based analysis of survival factors in differentiated and medullary thyroid carcinomaNeil Bhattacharyya
Division of Otolaryngology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Department of Otology and Laryngology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 128:115-23. 2003..The study purpose was to determine survival and prognostic factors for differentiated thyroid carcinoma (DTC)...
- RET activation and clinicopathologic features in poorly differentiated thyroid tumorsMassimo Santoro
Centro di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Sperimentale del Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Dipartimento di Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare, Universita di Napoli Federico II, 80131 Naples, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:370-9. 2002..cases with histologic evidence indicating coexistence with or possible evolution from a well differentiated papillary carcinoma (5 of 25 tumors, 20%) but did not correlate with other clinicopathologic parameters...
- Diffuse sclerosing variant of papillary carcinoma of the thyroid: a 35-year comparative study at a single institutionAlfred King Yin Lam
Discipline of Pathology, School of Medicine, Gold Coast Campus, Griffith University, PMB 50 Gold Coast Mail Centre, Queensland, 9726, Australia
Ann Surg Oncol 13:176-81. 2006..The aim of this study was to analyze the clinicopathologic features of a large cohort of patients with this disease...
- Ultrasonographic differentiation between metastatic and benign lymph nodes in patients with papillary thyroid carcinomaPedro Weslley Souza Rosario
Centro de Estudos e Pesquisa da Clinica de Endocrinologia e Metabologia, Avenida Francisco Sales 1111, 5 Andar Ala D, Santa Efigenia, 30150 221 Belo Horizonte MG, Brazil
J Ultrasound Med 24:1385-9. 2005..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the ultrasonographic characteristics of metastatic lymph nodes in patients with papillary thyroid carcinoma...
- hI-con1, a factor VII-IgGFc chimeric protein targeting tissue factor for immunotherapy of uterine serous papillary carcinomaE Cocco
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Yale University School of Medicine, Room 305 LSOG, 333 Cedar Street, PO Box 208063, New Haven, CT 06520 8063, USA
Br J Cancer 103:812-9. 2010..We evaluated hI-con1 potential activity against primary chemotherapy-resistant USPC cell lines expressing different levels of TF...
- RET/PTC rearrangements in thyroid nodules: studies in irradiated and not irradiated, malignant and benign thyroid lesions in children and adultsR Elisei
Departments of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Pisa, Pisa 56124, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:3211-6. 2001..Other factors, probably influenced by ethnic or genetic background, may act independently from or in cooperation with radiation, to trigger the DNA damage leading to RET proto-oncogene activation...
- Follow-up and management of differentiated thyroid carcinoma: a European perspective in clinical practiceMartin Schlumberger
service de Medicine Nucleaire, Institut Gustave Roussy, 94805 Villejuif, France
Eur J Endocrinol 151:539-48. 2004..We also offer expanded and additional comments on various issues in the management of DTC...
- Surgical therapy of the thyroid papillary carcinoma in children: experience with 56 patients < or =16 years oldClaud Spinelli
Cathedral of Pediatric Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
J Pediatr Surg 39:1500-5. 2004..assessment of 56 children 16 years of age or younger, who underwent a surgical operation for thyroid papillary carcinoma from April 1988 to December 2001 in the Department of General Surgery at the University of Pisa...
- Prognosis and prognostic factors of patients with papillary carcinoma showing distant metastasis at surgery (M1 patients) in JapanYasuhiro Ito
Department of Surgery, Kuma Hospital, Kobe City, Japan
Endocr J 57:523-31. 2010Distant metastasis (DM) at surgery is a prominent prognostic factor in patients with papillary carcinoma of the thyroid. However, the clinical outcomes of these patients (M1 patients) remain unclear...
- Clinical implication of hot spot BRAF mutation, V599E, in papillary thyroid cancersHiroyuki Namba
Department of Molecular Medicine, Tissue and Histopathology Section, Atomic Bomb Disease Institute, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Sakamoto, Japan
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:4393-7. 2003..033) and clinical stage (P = 0.049). Our results indicate that activating mutation of BRAF gene could be a potentially useful marker of prognosis of patients with advanced thyroid cancers...
- Molecular and immunohistochemical analysis of intraductal papillary neoplasms of the biliary tractSusan C Abraham
Department of Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Hum Pathol 34:902-10. 2003..Finally, the frequency of allelic loss on 18q suggests that a locus on 18q is involved in the molecular pathogenesis of biliary IPNs, but this locus is not DPC4...
- The histopathology analysis of the diffuse sclerosing variant of the papillary carcinoma of the thyroid: a distinctive and rare formCamelia Doina Vrabie
Department of Pathology, Victor Babes National Institute for Research and Development in Pathology and Biomedical Sciences, Bucharest, Romania
Rom J Morphol Embryol 50:743-8. 2009..Our case report reveals that the DSV of PTC has distinctive pathologic features and its diagnosis importance is suggested by the high incidence of recurrence after operation...
- [Treatment of microcarcinoma and papillary carcinoma of the thyroid]Roberto Ciuni
Unità Operativa Clinica Chirurgica Dipartimento di Chirurgia, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Policlinico Vittorio Emanuele, Catania
Ann Ital Chir 81:115-9. 2010....
- Induction of papillary carcinoma in human ovarian surface epithelial cells using combined genetic elements and peritoneal microenvironmentJingfang Zheng
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Cell Cycle 9:140-6. 2010..In contrast, mice injected intraperitoneally with T29Nt cells developed papillary carcinoma, and those injected intraperitoneally with T80Nt cells developed undifferentiated carcinoma...
- Breast intracystic papillary carcinoma: an updateJulien Calderaro
Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Hopital Saint Louis, Service de Pathologie, Paris, France
Breast J 15:639-44. 2009Intracystic papillary carcinoma (IPC), a breast tumor mainly occuring in the elderly, has long been considered as a variant of ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS). This is now debated since metastatic cases have been reported...
- Papillary thyroid carcinoma with prominent hobnail features: a new aggressive variant of moderately differentiated papillary carcinoma. A clinicopathologic, immunohistochemical, and molecular study of eight casesSofia Asioli
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 34:44-52. 2010..Two patients are alive without disease after 120 and 236 months. PTC with a prominent hobnail pattern is a moderately differentiated PTC variant with aggressive clinical behavior and significant mortality...
- Prognosis of patients with benign thyroid diseases accompanied by incidental papillary carcinoma undetectable on preoperative imaging testsYasuhiro Ito
Department of Surgery, Kuma Hospital, 8 2 35, Shimoyamate dori, Chuo Ku, Kobe City, 650 0011, Japan
World J Surg 31:1672-6. 2007..of ultrasonography and fine-needle aspiration biopsy, endocrine surgeons often encounter incidental papillary carcinoma (IPC), that is a papillary carcinoma that had gone undetected by preoperative imaging studies but was ..
- Simultaneous occurrence of medullary and papillary carcinomas of the thyroid gland with metastases of papillary carcinoma to the cervical lymph nodes and the coinciding small B-cell lymphocytic lymphoma of the lymph nodes--a case reportArtur Bocian
Department of Surgery, Holy Cross Cancer Center, Kielce
Pol J Pathol 55:23-30. 2004..a simultaneous occurrence of medullary and papillary carcinomas of the thyroid gland with metastases of a papillary carcinoma to the cervical lymph nodes and a concurrent small B-cell lymphocytic lymphoma revealed in the lymph nodes ..
- ret/PTC1 and ret/PTC3 in thyroid tumors from Chernobyl liquidators: comparison with sporadic tumors from Ukrainian and French patientsJ Di Cristofaro
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U555, IPHM, Faculte de Medecine, Mediterranean University, Marseille, France
Endocr Relat Cancer 12:173-83. 2005..However, given the high rate of ret/PTC3 in nonirradiated adult Ukrainians, the possibility of genetic susceptibility or low-level exposure to radiation in that group cannot be excluded...
- MicroRNA deregulation in human thyroid papillary carcinomasP Pallante
Dipartimento di Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare, c o Istituto di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Sperimentale del CNR, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Via Pansini, 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
Endocr Relat Cancer 13:497-508. 2006..In conclusion, these data, taken together, indicate an miRNA signature associated with PTCs, and suggest miRNA deregulation as an important event in thyroid cell transformation...
- Bile-reflux into the pancreatic ducts is associated with the development of intraductal papillary carcinoma in hamstersTomohiko Adachi
Department of Transplantation and Digestive Surgery, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki University, Nagasaki, Japan
J Surg Res 136:106-11. 2006..In this study, we investigated the significance of bile-reflux into the pancreatic ducts in pancreatic carcinogenesis, especially in the development of carcinoma in the main pancreatic duct in hamsters...
- Efficacy of Shear Wave Ultrasound Elastography in Noninvasive Diagnosis of ThyroiManjiri Dighe; Fiscal Year: 2013..SWUS elastography has shown promise in being able to noninvasively diagnose papillary carcinoma in previous studies involving preoperative patients...
- Portable photonic sensor system as an early detection tool for ovarian cancerDebra Wawro; Fiscal Year: 2010..near-instantaneous detection of biomarker proteins in blood and serum as indicators of ovarian serous papillary carcinoma to monitor presymptomatic aspects of the disease, disease progression, and the efficacy of intervention ..
- Recombinant Human TSH Superagonists for Imaging of Thyroid CancerBruce Weintraub; Fiscal Year: 2007..mice express human RET/PTC3 solely in the thyroid and develop thyroid hyperplasia, solid tumor variants of papillary carcinoma and metastatic cancer...
- Ret Signaling in Paraneoplastic Peripheral NeuropathyJOSEPHINE FOX; Fiscal Year: 2009..plan to investigate whether peripheral neuropathy, observed in Hashimoto's thyroiditis patients and papillary carcinoma patients, is caused by autoantibodies specific for the extracellular domain of the c-RET tyrosine kinase ..
- Dendritic Cell Immunotherapy for Cervical CancerAlessandro Santin; Fiscal Year: 2004..This study will determine whether E7 antigen-loaded autologous DC vaccination offers the potential of therapeutic benefit for patients with HPV16 or HPV18-associated cervical cancer. ..
- Biomarkers of COX-2 inhibitors in intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm (IPMN)Christian Schmidt; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Extracellular matrix and protease markers of malignant thyroid neoplasmElectron Kebebew; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will use these results to design a multicenter clinical trial evaluating the diagnostic and prognostic value of ECM1 and TMPRSS4 expression in patients with thyroid neoplasm. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FAMILIAL COLORECTAL NEOPLASIA COLLABORATIVE GROUPNoralane Lindor; Fiscal Year: 2007..fs20\par \par } ..
- Breast Cancer Prediction Using Nipple Aspirate FluidEdward Sauter; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- c-erbB-2 and Risk of Contralateral Breast CancerChristopher Li; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cardiovascular Consequences of Thyroid DysfunctionElizabeth Pearce; Fiscal Year: 2007..Pearce's career as an independent academic clinical investigator with a focus on thyroid disease and epidemiology. ..
- Protein Profiling in Nipple Aspirate FluidEdward Sauter; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Jade-1 in cystic renal diseaseHerbert Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Protein Biomarkers of Cancer Risk in Older PersonsChristopher Li; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Hepatic Arterial Flouridine and IV Bevacizumab for Primary Hepatic MalignancyWilliam Jarnagin; Fiscal Year: 2008..Furthermore, several important clinical issues are addressed by the proposed correlative studies, the results of which would be of broad general interest in clinical oncology. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Risk for New onset of Depression in Perimenopausal WomenDaniel Cramer; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Classification of Suspicious Thyroid TumorsMartha Zeiger; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Bladder-specific Knockout and Gene ExpressionXue ru Wu; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will generate powerful experimental tools for studying bladder biology and diseases and offer molecular insights regarding urothelial growth and tumorigenesis. ..
- MUC-1 related cancer immunity: determinants and predictive significanceDaniel Cramer; Fiscal Year: 2009..The findings of our study could provide the basis for developing a safe cancer- preventing vaccine for ovarian cancer and perhaps other MUC1-expressing tumors. ..
- Identifying and Analyzing Genes Linked to Autoimmune Thyroid DiseasesYaron Tomer; Fiscal Year: 2010..This could have a major impact on public health, as it may facilitate the development of mechanism-based treatments in autoimmunity, such as CD40 blockade. ..
- Depo-Provera and Breast Cancer: Epidemiology/PathologyChristopher Li; Fiscal Year: 2009..such as parity and body mass index, modify this association?;and (3) Does the association between DMPA and breast cancer risk vary by histologic type or by the expression of steroid receptors including ERq, ERft, and PR? ..
- International Symposium on Cancer Metastasis and the Lymphovascular SystemSTANLEY LEONG; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DPC4 function in human pancreatic cancerGloria Su; Fiscal Year: 2006..Su will be able to conduct her research in the richest intellectual and resourceful environment possible for academic and research career development. ..
- Molec. Profiling of Oral Cancer Aggressiveness/OutcomeBarry Ziober; Fiscal Year: 2005..The unique molecular signature for OSCC tumor aggressiveness and the predictor of patient outcome established from this work has the enormous potential to reduce OSCC patient mortality and morbidity. ..
- CLINICAL PET AND LABORATORY STUDIES OF ADRENERGIC TUMORSBarry Shulkin; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Symposium on Cancer Metastasis and Lymphovascular SystemSTANLEY LEONG; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- The Effect of Black Cohosh Extract on the Human BreastEdward Sauter; Fiscal Year: 2004..The findings should allow us to design a high quality R01 submission involving a larger, randomized study of longer duration which should provide some answers on the potential role of BCE in breast cancer. ..
- Microarray analysis of thyroid neoplasmMartha Zeiger; Fiscal Year: 2004..This will be performed using quantitative real-time RT-PCR on RNA samples from a panel of thyroid tumors. ..
- EPIDEMIOLOGIC AND BIOLOGIC PREDICTORS OF IVF SUCCESSDaniel Cramer; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- P21 INDUCTION BY BRCA2Fergus Couch; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- MODELING AND DOSIMETRY FOR RADIOLABELED ANTIBODY THERAPYGeorge Sgouros; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Altered Breast Methylation after Low/Hi Dose IsoflavonesEdward Sauter; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Characterization of the Chromosome 17q23 AmpliconFergus Couch; Fiscal Year: 2006..Thus, the project may involve a complete transition from benchtop to bedside. Finally, the amplified and overexpressed genes may prove useful as important targets of gene, pharmacological, and immunological therapy in the future. ..
- Role of LIBC in Inflammatory Breast Cancer PhenotypeCelina Kleer; Fiscal Year: 2007..Also, understanding the role of WISP3 will shed light on the mechanisms of cancer development in general and serve as a model for other related CCN genes involved in carcinogenesis. ..
- Does Hyperglycemia Predict Pancreatic Cancer Diagnosis?Suresh Chari; Fiscal Year: 2006..The research described in this application is 100% relevant to pancreatic cancer. ..
- Chemoprevention of murine urinary bladder carcinogenesisAshish Kamat; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Aneuploid Cells in the Human PlacentaHeinz Ulrich Weier; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will also have detailed information about the frequency, localization and types of aneuploid cells at the fetal-maternal interface and the effects of aneuploidy on CTB proliferation and HLA-G gene expression. ..
- Genes, Hormones & Environment in an Ovarian Cancer ModelDaniel Cramer; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our continued goal is to identify modifiable risk factors and chemo preventive agents for a common and lethal cancer in women. ..
- RADIATION INDUCED THYROID CANCERHeinz Ulrich Weier; Fiscal Year: 2002..We will prepare stable cell lines carrying the oncogenic rearrangements for further characterization and distribution. Finally, we will examine the levels and localization of mRNAs with Northern and in situ hybridization analysis. ..
- THYROID/RETINOIC ACID RECEPTOR INTERACTING PROTEINSMukul Mathur; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will also specify the region on the DNA binding domain of these receptors where these three proteins interact. ..
- Cardiovascular Risk in Testicular Cancer SurvivorsDavid Vaughn; Fiscal Year: 2004..However, prior to initiating an intervention study, these parameters need to be explicated. ..
- Targeted Alpha-Particle Emitter Therapy of MetastasesGeorge Sgouros; Fiscal Year: 2009..The work described in this application is intended to develop and evaluate such an approach. ..
- Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development AwardJacqueline Jonklaas; Fiscal Year: 2006..A new sustained release product, which results in steady triiodothyronine levels, will furnish more physiologic replacement. This will be tested against treatment with levothyroxine, and levothyroxine and triiodothyronine. ..
- Small Field of View Gamma Camera for ScintimammographyMichael O Connor; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- BAC-FISH Assays for Sensitive Karyotyping of Cancer CellsHeinz Ulrich Weier; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Tumor-reactive IgG in the diagnosis of ovarian cancerDouglas Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2005..Ultimately, antigenic proteins, linked with histologic type and stage of disease, will be combined into the development of protein arrays to screen for circulating reactive IgG as an early diagnostic test. ..
- Biology of Headpin (a novel serpin) in Oral CancerGary Clayman; Fiscal Year: 2006..Progress in this area could lead to development of new molecular based targets for the management of oral cancer. ..