Genomes and Genes
Summary: A condition characterized by the formation of CALCULI and concretions in the hollow organs or ducts of the body. They occur most often in the gallbladder, kidney, and lower urinary tract.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications259 found, 100 shown here
- Significance of testicular microlithiasisStefan Zastrow
Department of Urology, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Technical University of Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Urol Int 75:3-7. 2005..Testicular microlithiasis is an uncommon condition characterized by calcifications within the seminiferous tubules. The true prevalence in a normal population has not been defined...
- Lithiasis in cystic kidney disease and malformations of the urinary tractG Gambaro
Divisione di Nefrologia, Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche e Chirurgiche, Universita di Verona, Ospedale Maggiore, P le Stefani 1, 37126, Verona, Italy
Urol Res 34:102-7. 2006..A proper metabolic evaluation should be conducted to diagnose specific, treatable metabolic disorders, thereby reducing the frequency of recurrent stone disease in these conditions as well...
- Does testicular microlithiasis matter? A reviewF N A C Miller
Department of Radiology, King s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London SE5 9RS, UK
Clin Radiol 57:883-90. 2002..Similarly, there is limited evidence to support the association with infertility. Not surprisingly, algorithms for the follow-up of patients with TM on ultrasound have been difficult to formulate...
- Testicular microlithiasis: our experience of 10 yearsDiana L Lam
University of California, Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA, USA
J Ultrasound Med 26:867-73. 2007..The correlation between TM and testicular malignancies is variable. The purpose of this study was to review our 10-year experience regarding the prevalence of TM and its association with testicular malignancies...
- Prevalence of testicular microlithiasis in an asymptomatic populationSelim Serter
Departments of Radiology, School of Medicine, Celal Bayar University, Manisa, Turkey
Scand J Urol Nephrol 40:212-4. 2006..The aim of this prospective study was to determine the true prevalence of testicular microlithiasis in an asymptomatic population by means of ultrasound screening...
- Testicular microlithiasis: a review and its association with testicular cancerHani H Rashid
Department of Urology, Strong Memorial Hospital, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14652, USA
Urol Oncol 22:285-9. 2004..Therefore, follow-up at this time should be dictated based on risk factors for developing testis cancer more than on the presence of TM...
- Mutations in SLC34A2 cause pulmonary alveolar microlithiasis and are possibly associated with testicular microlithiasisAyse Corut
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Bogazici University, Istanbul, Turkey
Am J Hum Genet 79:650-6. 2006..In 2 of the 15 subjects with TM we studied, we identified two rare variants, one synonymous and the other noncoding, that are possibly associated with the condition...
- Pulmonary alveolar microlithiasis: an overview of clinical and pathological features together with possible therapiesVito Michele Lauta
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Human Oncology, Section of Internal Medicine and Clinical Oncology, University of Bari Medical School, Policlinico, Piazza Giulio Cesare 11, Bari 70124, Italy
Respir Med 97:1081-5. 2003..The inability to identify clear etiological and pathogenetic elements makes difficult therapeutic approach which is palliative such as the use of diphosphonate, steroids and therapeutic BAL...
- Pulmonary alveolar microlithiasis: high-resolution computed tomography findings in 10 patientsEdson Marchiori
Universidade Federal Fluminense UFF, Fluminense Federal University Niterói RJ Brazil
J Bras Pneumol 33:552-7. 2007..To present the high-resolution computed tomography (HRCT) findings of pulmonary alveolar microlithiasis...
- Epidermal growth factor receptor as a target for anti-proliferative treatment of proliferative cholangitis in hepatolithiasisFuyu Li
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, West China Hospital of Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
J Surg Res 166:87-94. 2011..Thus, the aim of this study was to determine whether epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitor (AG-1478) could inhibit hyperplasia and lithogenic potentiality of PC...
- Increased prevalence of testicular microlithiasis in men with familial testicular cancer and their relativesL A Korde
Clinical Genetics Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Br J Cancer 99:1748-53. 2008..If proven, this could be clinically important to men in FTGCT families, and may be useful in identifying specific genes involved in FTGCT...
- Broncholithiasis: review of the causes with radiologic-pathologic correlationJoon Beom Seo
Department of Radiology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, 388 1 Pungnap dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul 138 736, Korea
Radiographics 22:S199-213. 2002..An awareness of the typical imaging findings of broncholithiasis, along with a knowledge of its various causes, help in establishing an accurate diagnosis to ensure proper case management...
- Testicular microlithiasis: histologic and immunohistochemical findings in 11 pediatric casesRicardo Drut
Department of Pathology, Hospital de Ninos, Superiora Sor Maria Ludovica, 1900 La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Pediatr Dev Pathol 5:544-50. 2002..It is unclear how this may be related to the development of germ cell tumors. However, the presence of calcospherites in gonadoblastoma may indicate a combined Sertoli cell and germ cell derangement in the genesis of TM...
- Percutaneous retrieval of a retained appendicolithPasteur Rasuli
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, The Ottawa Hospital and University of Ottawa, 501 Smyth Road, Ottawa, Ontario, K1H 8L6, Canada
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 30:342-4. 2007
- Testicular microlithiasis: an unreported feature of McCune-Albright syndrome in malesMalgorzata Wasniewska
Department of Pediatrics, Universities of Messina, Pisa, and Milan, Reginal Margherita Hospital of Turin, Italy
J Pediatr 145:670-2. 2004..To ascertain the incidence of testicular microlithiasis (TM) in boys with McCune-Albright syndrome (MAS)...
- Testicular microlithiasis as a familial risk factor for testicular germ cell tumourJ Coffey
Testicular Cancer Genetics Team, Section of Cancer Genetics, Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey, UK
Br J Cancer 97:1701-6. 2007..We suggest that TM is an alternative manifestation of a TGCT susceptibility allele...
- Extraluminal appendicolith: an indication for interval appendectomy with intraoperative localization and removal of that potential cause of intra-abdominal abscessRafael Itah
Department of Surgery A, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 18:606-8. 2008..We advocate this approach in order to prevent the possible formation of an intra-abdominal abscess caused by an infected nidus...
- Vitamin D3 and androgen receptors in testis and epididymal region of roosters (Gallus domesticus) as affected by epididymal lithiasisAndré G Oliveira
Department of Morphology, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Anim Reprod Sci 109:343-55. 2008Epididymal lithiasis is a dysfunction characterized by formation of calcium-rich stones in the epididymal region of roosters, associated with decreased serum testosterone and loss of fertility...
- Nonoperative management of perforated appendicitis in children: can CT predict outcome?Terry Levin
Department of Radiology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Children s Hospital at Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY 10543, USA
Pediatr Radiol 37:251-5. 2007..The optimal treatment of perforated appendicitis remains controversial, but there is a trend toward nonoperative management. CT scanning might be helpful in determining which patients could benefit from this treatment option...
- Tonsillolith--report of an unusual caseM P Caldas
Department of Oral Diagnosis, Piracicaba Dental School University of Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Br Dent J 202:265-7. 2007..6 cm. The tonsillar concretion might have been formed because of a calcification of the lymphoid tissue. On the patient's request, surgical excision was not performed and she will be monitored due to the tendency of such lesions to grow...
- Evaluation of long-term results and recurrent factors after operative and nonoperative treatment for hepatolithiasisYoung Koog Cheon
Institute for Digestive Research and Digestive Disease Center, Soon Chun Hyang University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Surgery 146:843-53. 2009..We evaluated the long-term results of operative and nonoperative treatments and examined risk factors for the recurrence of stones or cholangitis...
- Pulmonary alveolar microlithiasis: report on 576 cases published in the literatureSalvatore Mariotta
Dipartimento Scienze Cardiovascolare e Respiratorie, Universita La Sapienza, Azienda Policlinico Sant Andrea, UO Pneumologia, and Italy
Sarcoidosis Vasc Diffuse Lung Dis 21:173-81. 2004..The present paper aimed to study the disorder throughout the world, emphasizing the diagnostic and therapeutic views...
- Pulmonary alveolar microlithiasis. World cases and review of the literatureGiuseppe Castellana
Unità Operativa di Pneumologia, Bari, Italy
Respiration 70:549-55. 2003..A better knowledge of the epidemiological characteristics of this rare disease could help to diagnose a larger number of cases and to gain insight into its etiology and pathogenesis, which are still unknown...
- Testicular calcification and microlithiasis: association with primary intra-testicular malignancy in 3,477 patientsFiona N A C Miller
Department of Radiology, King s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London, SE5 9RS, United Kingdom
Eur Radiol 17:363-9. 2007..This study confirms the reported association between TM and testicular tumour and finds a previously unreported association between non-TM calcification and testicular tumour...
- Testicular microlithiasis: US follow-upH F Bennett
Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Division of Urologic Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO
Radiology 218:359-63. 2001..To determine in patients with testicular microlithiasis (TM) the short-term natural history of classic TM (CTM) and limited TM (LTM)...
- Testicular microlithiasis: what is its association with testicular cancer?A M Bach
Department of Radiology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
Radiology 220:70-5. 2001..To determine the prevalence of testicular microlithiasis in patients who were referred for scrotal ultrasonography (US) at a tertiary care cancer center and to evaluate the association between microlithiasis and cancer...
- Testicular microlithiasis identified ultrasonographically in Japanese adult patients: prevalence and associated conditionsHideo Sakamoto
Department of Urology, Showa University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Urology 68:636-41. 2006..To determine the prevalence of testicular microlithiasis (TM) seen by testicular ultrasonography (US) in Japanese adult men referred for andrologic symptoms and evaluate associations of TM with pathologic conditions...
- Are Helicobacter pylori and other Helicobacter species infection associated with human biliary lithiasis? A meta-analysisDi Zhou
Department of General Surgery, School of Medicine, Xinhua Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 6:e27390. 2011..This meta-analysis is to explore the association between the Helicobacter infection and biliary lithiasis.
- Simulation of cupulolithiasis and canalolithiasis by an animal modelPaolo Valli
Department of Physiological and Pharmacological Sciences, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
J Vestib Res 18:89-96. 2008....
- Anterior canal lithiasis: diagnosis and treatmentAugusto Pietro Casani
Department of Neuroscience, Otorhinolaryngology Unit, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 144:412-8. 2011..To describe the clinical and oculographic features in patients with anterior semicircular canal benign paroxysmal positional vertigo and to determine the efficacy of a canalith repositioning procedure for its management...
- [Repositioning maneuver in benign paroxysmal vertigo of horizontal semicircular canal]M Gufoni
Divisione ORL, Spedali Riuniti, Livorno
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital 18:363-7. 1998..The two non-responsive patients were then treated with forced positioning which resolved the condition. Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo from horizontal canalolithiasis responds to treatment with the above-mentioned maneuver...
- Tonsillolith as a halitosis-inducing factorT Ansai
Preventive Dentistry, Kyushu Dental College, Department of Preventive Dentistry, Kitakyushu 803 8580, Japan
Br Dent J 198:263-4. 2005..We present a case of an incidental tonsillolith occurrence, which was a halitosis-inducing factor. Our results show that tonsilloliths should be considered as a possible cause of halitosis...
- Prevalence of palatine tonsilloliths: a retrospective study on 150 consecutive CT examinationsM A Fauroux
Service d Odontologie, Pôle Neurosciences tête et cou, CHRU de Montpellier cedex 5, F 34295 Montpellier, France
Dentomaxillofac Radiol 42:20120429. 2013..To evaluate the prevalence of palatine tonsilloliths...
- [Liver resection in the treatment of intrahepatic lithiasis. Immediate and long-term results in a single-center series]C Marin
Departamento de Cirugia, Unidad de Cirugía Hepática y Transplante Hepática, Hospital Universitario Virgen de la Arrixaca, El Palmar, Murcia
Rev Esp Enferm Dig 100:225-9. 2008intrahepatic lithiasis (IHL) is an uncommon entity in our environment. When associated with Caroli s disease or stenosis of the biliary radicals it may be necessary to perform liver resection to provide definitive resolution...
- [Intra-scrotal lithiasis. Crystallographic analysis]Jose Maria Sanchez Merino
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital del Bierzo, La Coruna, Espana
Arch Esp Urol 55:523-6. 2002To present two cases of intrascrotal lithiasis associated with hydrocele and the results of the crystallographic study.
- The initial and subsequent inflammatory events during calcium oxalate lithiasisJohn W M Yuen
Department of Health Technology and Informatics, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Clin Chim Acta 411:1018-26. 2010..Crystallization is believed to be the initiation step of urolithiasis, even though it is unknown where inside the nephron the first crystal nucleation occurs...
- Pancreatic lithiasis and intraductal papillary-mucinous neoplasm with special reference to the pathogenesis of lithiasisWataru Kimura
Department of Gastroenterological, General and Breast and Thyroid Surgery First Department of Surgery, Yamagata University Faculty of Medicine, 2 2 2 Iida nishi, Yamagata, Yamagata, 990 9585, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Sci 17:776-81. 2010In pancreatic lithiasis in elderly autopsy cases, the stones are small and the pancreatic duct is changed very slightly when viewed by simple X-ray film, pancreatic ductography and gross appearance...
- Testicular microlithiasis, a premalignant condition: prevalence, histopathologic findings, and relation to testicular tumorM Derogee
Department of Urology, Central Military Hospital, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Urology 57:1133-7. 2001..Urologists should consider testis biopsy in patients with TM...
- Role of the organic matter in calcium oxalate lithiasisFelix Grases
Laboratory of Renal Lithiasis Research, Institute of Health Sciences Research, University of Balearic Islands, Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Front Biosci 10:1534-8. 2005..These findings show that cell debris provides the necessary elements for the development of oxalate crystals and that this process can be effectively inhibited by presence of crystallization inhibitors...
- Testicular microlithiasis and carcinoma in situ overview and proposed clinical guidelineN J van Casteren
Department of Urology, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Androl 32:279-87. 2009..A long-term active follow-up schedule, including ultrasonography and physical examinations, is not indicated in the remaining patients with TM...
- Bilateral testicular microlithiasis with a unilateral testicular germ cell tumor: a case reportRoss Whitacre
West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, USA
W V Med J 99:233-4. 2003..We present the case report of a man with bilateral testicular microlithiasis and a unilateral germ cell tumor. Discussion of the relationship between these two conditions is also reviewed...
- Yolk sac tumor and testicular microlithiasisRicardo Drut
Servicio de Patologia, Hospital de Ninos Superiora Sor Maria Ludovica, La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Pediatr Pathol Mol Med 22:343-7. 2003..The combination of prepubertal YST and bilateral TM has not been reported previously. Finding of TM at this early age suggests a congenital deranged Sertoli cell function and/or an abnormal gonadal embryogenesis in its pathogenesis...
- Risk factors for post-treatment hypogonadism in testicular cancer patientsJakob Eberhard
Department of Oncology, Lund University Hospital, Lund University, SE 22185 Lund, Sweden
Eur J Endocrinol 158:561-70. 2008..Testicular germ-cell cancer (TGCC) patients are at risk of developing hypogonadism but no risk factors have yet been defined...
- Association between testicular microlithiasis, testicular cancer, cryptorchidism and history of ascending testisStamatiou Konstantinos
Department of Urology, Tzaneion General Hospital, Athens, Greece
Int Braz J Urol 32:434-8; discussion 439. 2006....
- How worrisome is testicular microlithiasis?Raymond A Costabile
Urology Department, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Curr Opin Urol 17:419-23. 2007..Until 2001 little prospective data were available on the prevalence or natural history of testicular microlithiasis in the healthy male population...
- [Testicular microlithiasis and testicular carcinoma: bilateral calcifications go with increased CIS risk]Renate Leinmüller
Aktuelle Urol 35:367-9. 2004
- Testicular microlithiasis--one case and four points to noteVolker Heinemann
Urologische Abteilung, Albertinen Krankenhaus, Hamburg, Germany
Scand J Urol Nephrol 37:515-8. 2003....
- Color Doppler ultrasonography as a routine clinical examination in male infertilityHideo Sakamoto
Department of Urology, Showa University Fujigaoka Hospital, Showa University School of Medicine, Kanagawa, Japan
Int J Urol 13:1073-8. 2006..We assessed the value of scrotal color Doppler ultrasonography as a routine examination in infertile men...
- [Testicular microlithiasis--are biopsy and follow-up necessary?]Lisbeth Schjerling
Hillerød Sygehus, organkirurgisk afdeling A
Ugeskr Laeger 164:2041-5. 2002..TM is described in otherwise healthy men, but is also found related to cancer and CIS. Here we will discuss the evaluation and follow up of patients with diagnosed TM...
- A 5-year followup study of asymptomatic men with testicular microlithiasisBrian J DeCastro
Department of Urology, Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, Washington 98431, USA
J Urol 179:1420-3; discussion 1423. 2008..Here we report the 5-year followup in this cohort of men with testicular microlithiasis at risk for testicular cancer...
- Metachronous testicular tumors developing 5 and 9 years after the diagnosis of testicular microlithiasisSimon Gilbert
Department of Urology, Darent Valley Hospital, Dartford, England
J Ultrasound Med 26:981-4. 2007
- [Testicular microlithiasis: report of 14 cases]Hideari Ihara
Department of Urology, Hyogo College of Medicine
Hinyokika Kiyo 49:575-8. 2003..Until further data are available, it seems reasonable to consider patients with TM as having an increased risk of developing a primary testicular tumor...
- [Testicular microlithiasis and cancer of the testis]Denis Rey
Service d Urologie, Hopital Robert Debre, avenue du general Koening, 51032 Reims
Prog Urol 12:500-3. 2002..On the basis of this case and a review of the literature, the authors discuss the aetiopathogenesis and management of these microscopic stones in a context of cancer...
- [Testicular microlithiasis and testicular cancer]Manuel Angel Ortiz Gorraiz
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital Universitario Virgen de las Nieves, Granada, Espana
Arch Esp Urol 56:521-4. 2003..The etiopathogenesis, incidence and attitude are discussed...
- Grading of classical testicular microlithiasis has no effect on the prevalence of associated testicular tumorsOner Sanli
Department of Urology, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Urol Int 80:310-6. 2008..To evaluate the role of further grading of classical testicular microlithiasis (CTM) on the prevalence of associated testicular tumors...
- [Significance and management of testicular microlithiasis]Pablo Luis Guzman Martinez-Valls
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital General Universitario Morales Meseguer, Hospital General Universitario de Murcia, Espana
Arch Esp Urol 56:472-7. 2003..Recent reports have shown its occasional association with malignant tumors. We look for evidences about the significance of testicular microlithiasis and its relationship with gonadal pathologies...
- Testicular microlithiasis in patients with scrotal symptoms and its relationship to testicular tumorsMurat Kosan
Department of Urology, 2nd Division, Ankara Numune Education and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Urology 70:1184-6. 2007..To evaluate in a prospective study the coexistence of testicular microlithiasis with various scrotal pathologies and the relationship with testicular tumors in symptomatic patients presenting with various scrotal complaints...
- [Relevance of testicular microlithiasis to the testicular carcinoma in situ in the contralateral testicle]Takeshi Shichijo
Department of Urology, Showa University, School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Nihon Hinyokika Gakkai Zasshi 98:541-6. 2007..Only images of the tumor-free testis were reviewed. In addition, archived biopsy specimens of the contralateral testicle were reviewed after immunostaining for placental alkaline phosphatase (PLAP) as a marker for CIS...
- Association between testicular microlithiasis and primary malignancy of the testis: our experience and review of the literatureG C Parenti
UO Radiodiagnostica, O C S Maria delle Croci, Viale Randi 5, I 48100 Ravenna, Italy
Radiol Med 112:588-96. 2007....
- Testicular microlithiasis in children: sonographic features and clinical implicationsAndreas S Leenen
Department of Paediatric Radiology, Charite, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Pediatr Radiol 32:575-9. 2002..The natural history of incidentally discovered testicular microlithiasis in children has not been well defined. Although a benign condition, this entity has been found to be associated with testicular malignancies...
- [Importance of microlithiasis in testicular germ cell tumor ultrasound]M Villalobos Gollás
Departamento de Urologia, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Tlalpan, Mexico DF
Actas Urol Esp 32:190-3. 2008..We analyzed the ultrasounds of patients with testicular germ cell tumors in order to analyze the correlation between TM, histological findings and clinical variables...
- Does testicular microlithiasis matter?A Byrne
Clin Radiol 58:495; author reply 495-6. 2003
- Testicular microlithiasis: a case report and review of the literatureNathan Lawrentschuk
Department of Surgery, Launceston General Hospital, Launceston, Tasmania, Australia
ANZ J Surg 73:364-6. 2003..It also discusses the appropriate management of TM after reviewing the published literature...
- Testicular microlithiasis heralding mixed germ cell tumor of the testis in a boyT Arrigo
Department of Pediatrics, University of Messina, Messina, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 29:82-5. 2006..Longitudinal evaluation may be particularly indicated in the patients with additional testicular dysgenetic features, apart from TM...
- Current management strategies for testicular microlithiasisKirubanand Jaganathan
James Paget Hospital, Great Yarmouth, UK
Nat Clin Pract Urol 4:492-7. 2007..Regular testicular self-examination is recommended for follow-up of high-risk patients, but the role of surveillance with serial ultrasonography and measurement of tumor markers is still not clear...
- Epididymal lithiasis in roosters and efferent ductule and testicular damageG A B Mahecha
Departmento de Morfologia, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte MG, 30190 003, Brazil
Reproduction 124:821-34. 2002..The present study investigated epididymal lithiasis in Brazilian crossbreed roosters and two other fowl strains, in addition to several domestic and wild bird ..
- CT Differentiation of cholangiocarcinoma from periductal fibrosis in patients with hepatolithiasisHee Sun Park
Department of Radiology and Institute of Radiation Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 28, Yongon Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul 110 744, Korea
AJR Am J Roentgenol 187:445-53. 2006..The objective of our study was to determine useful CT findings for differentiating cholangiocarcinoma from periductal fibrosis in patients with hepatolithiasis...
- Intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma and hepatolithiasis: an unusual association in Western countriesM Lesurtel
Department of Digestive Surgery, Beaujon Hospital, University Paris VII, 100 boulevard Gal Leclerc, 92118 Clichy, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 14:1025-7. 2002..We discuss work-up and surgical treatment, and stress the need to keep in mind the possible association between hepatolithiasis and cholangiocarcinoma even in Western countries...
- Indications and therapeutical options in hepatolithiasisJ M Ramia
Unit of Hepato Biliary Pancreatic Surgery and Liver Transplantation, Service of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Hospital Virgen de las Nieves, Granada, Spain
Rev Esp Enferm Dig 98:597-604. 2006..to present our experience with the treatment of hepatolithiasis...
- Indication and procedure for treatment of hepatolithiasisKazuhisa Uchiyama
Second Department of Surgery, Wakayama Medical University, School of Medicine, 811 1 Kimiidera, Wakayama 641 8510, Japan
Arch Surg 137:149-53. 2002..Because of its complicated clinicopathologic features, hepatolithiasis is difficult to treat, and there is no established method of treating patients with intrahepatic stones...
- Combined surgical therapy for hepatolithiasisXiao Dong He
Department of General Surgery, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing
Chin Med Sci J 20:123-5. 2005..To evaluate the combined surgical therapy for calculi of intrahepatic duct...
- Favorable outcomes of hilar duct oriented hepatic resection for high grade Tsunoda type hepatolithiasisBong Wan Kim
Department of Surgery, Ajou University School of Medicine, San 5, Wonchon dong 442 749, Youngtong ku, Suwon, South Korea
World J Gastroenterol 12:431-6. 2006..To evaluate the efficacy of hilar duct oriented hepatectomy for intractable hepatolithiasis, the ventral hilum exposure (VHE) method that has been applied by the authors...
- Retroiliac ureters with bilateral testicular microlithiasis: simultaneous MDCT visualization of ureters and iliac arteries with biphasic contrast injectionMurat Kocaoglu
Gulhane Military Medical School, Ankara 06018, Turkey
AJR Am J Roentgenol 188:W390-1. 2007
- Familial pulmonary alveolar microlithiasis diagnosed by bronchoalveolar lavage. A case reportAhmad Monabati
Department of Pathology, Hematology Research Center, Shiraz Medical School, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
Acta Cytol 51:80-2. 2007..Familial alveolar microlithiasis is a rare lung disease. In this study we describe the cytologic features of this disease in bronchoalveolar lavage...
- Case records of the Massachusetts General Hospital. Weekly clinicopathological exercises. Case 14-2002. A 51-year-old woman with recurrent hemoptysisJennifer S Daly
N Engl J Med 346:1475-82. 2002
- Surgical management of tuberculous broncholithiasis with hemoptysis: experience with 5 operated casesBagheri Reza
Cardiothoracic Department, Quem Hospital, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran
Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 13:185-90. 2007..The goal of this study is evaluation of surgery in patients with tuberculous broncholithiasis who present with hemoptysis...
- Pulmonary alveolar microlithiasis after Varicella zoster infection in a patient presenting with antiphospholipid syndrome and discoid lupusM Ilker Yilmaz
Department of Internal Medicine, Gulhane School of Medicine, 06018 Etlik, Ankara, Turkey
Rheumatol Int 22:213-5. 2002..This is the first case reported which developed pulmonary alveolar microlithiasis after Varicella zoster infection in a patient with antiphospholipid antibodies and discoid lupus...
- Rare cause of diffuse lung fibrotic/nodular pattern in an asymptomatic childMustafa Erelel
Pulmonary Department, Istanbul University, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul, Turkey
Respiration 71:542-5. 2004
- Treatment and follow-up of pulmonary alveolar microlithiasis with disodium editronate: radiological demonstrationUgur Ozcelik
Yilmaz Colpan 3 sokak 26 2, Oran Sehri, Ankara, Turkey
Pediatr Radiol 32:380-3. 2002..After 1 year of therapy, considerable regression of the calcific densities was detected on chest radiographs and HRCT scans...
- Pulmonary alveolar microlithiasis in two brothersA Emektar
Department of Radiology, GATA Haydarpasa Teaching Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
JBR-BTR 88:130-1. 2005
- Images in clinical medicine. Pulmonary alveolar microlithiasisVincent M Brandenburg
University Hospital, D 52057 Aachen, Germany
N Engl J Med 348:1555. 2003
- [Alveolar microlithiasis: an uncommon cause of the crazy paving pattern]Y Roca Vanaclocha
Servicio de Radiodiagnóstico Hospital Municipal de Badalona Barcelona España
Radiologia 50:75-8. 2008..This pattern is not specific for alveolar microlithiasis; it has also been reported in other entities, including alveolar proteinosis, lipoid pneumonia, and bronchial alveolar carcinoma...
- [Pulmonary alveolar microlithiasis: clinical and radiological course of three cases according to conventional radiology and HRCT. A hypothesis for radiological classification]Giuseppe Castellana
Unità Operativa di Pneumologia, ASL BA 5, Putignano Bari
Radiol Med 106:160-8. 2003....
- [Quid. Alveolar microlithiasis]J C Leclerc
Service de Radiologie, Hopital d adultes, CHU Nancy Brabois, rue du Morvan, 54500 Vandoeuvre, France
J Radiol 83:659-60. 2002
- [A case of pulmonary alveolar microlithiasis]Ruo Yun Ouyang
Hunan Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 28:370, 378. 2003
- Hepatitis B virus infection and intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma in Korea: a case-control studyTae Y Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Am J Gastroenterol 103:1716-20. 2008..Several studies have suggested that hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection may play a role in the development of ICC, whereas the role of hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection is less clear...
- Increasing expression of gastrointestinal phenotypes and p53 along with histologic progression of intraductal papillary neoplasia of the liverTomonori Shimonishi
Department of Pathology II, Kanazawa University School of Medicine, Japan
Hum Pathol 33:503-11. 2002....
- Peroral cholangioscopic treatment of hepatolithiasis: Long-term resultsTadahiro Okugawa
Department of Medicine and Clinical Oncology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba, Japan
Gastrointest Endosc 56:366-71. 2002..The aim of this study was to evaluate the usefulness and long-term results of peroral cholangioscopic lithotomy for hepatolithiasis...
- Cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulators (CFTR) in biliary epithelium of patients with hepatolithiasisHong Ja Kim
Department of Internal Medicine University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Dig Dis Sci 47:1758-65. 2002..27 +/- 0.17) in patients with cholangiocarcinoma was not different from that of control subjects (1.01 +/- 0.13). CFTR expression in hepatolithiasis patients was rather heterogeneous but was closely related to the histology of bile ducts...
- [Importance of the radiographic sign of fecal loading in the cecum for the differential diagnosis of acute appendicitis]Andy Petroianu
Departamento de Cirurgia, Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Brasil
Acta Med Port 20:151-6. 2007..Therefore, the purpose of this investigation was to verify a new radiographic sign: the presence of fecal loading in the cecum...
- The treatment of intrahepatic calculosis by applying helix hydro-jet lithotripsy under video choledochoscope: a report of 30 casesYi Wu Wu
The Fifth Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat sen University, Zhuhai, Guangdong, 519000, PR China
Langenbecks Arch Surg 391:355-8. 2006Intrahepatic lithiasis is a common disease in southeast Asia [Sheen-Chen and Chou, Acta Chir Scand 156:387-390, 1990], and a difficult problem of biliary surgery...
- [Knowledge of the urogenital diseases in the work of Gaspar Casal, "natural and medical history of the Principality of Asturias" (1762)]Luis Angel Fariña Pérez
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital POVISA, Vigo, Pontevedra, Espana
Arch Esp Urol 60:909-15. 2007....
- [Surgical treatment of hyperparathyroidism]E Tarcoveanu
Clinica I Chirurgie, Universitatea de Medicină si Farmacie Gr T Popa Iaşi
Chirurgia (Bucur) 104:531-44. 2009..Hyperparathyroidism (HPT), the result of excessive secretion of the parathormone, is one of the most common endocrine disorders. In most forms of HPT, surgical parathyroidectomy is the best choice...
- [Sphincter of Oddi motility disturbances--etiologic factor or the consequence of choledocholithiasis]U Błaut
Katedra Patofizjologii, Collegium Medicum UJ, Krakow
Folia Med Cracov 40:93-105. 1999..Choledocholithiasis is often found in patients after cholecystectomy done previously for cholelithiasis...
- Treatment of ureteric lithiasis with retrograde ureteroscopy and holmium: YAG laser lithotripsy vs extracorporeal lithotripsyMiguel A Arrabal-Polo
Urology Department, San Cecilio University Hospital, Granada, Spain
BJU Int 104:1144-7. 2009....
- Ultrasonographic diagnosis of urinary calculus caused by melamine in childrenLi qun Jia
Diagnostic Imaging Center, Beijing Children s Hospital Affiliated to Capital Medical University, Beijing 100045, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 122:252-6. 2009Intake of melamine can cause renal and ureteral lithiasis in infants and children...
- [Renal transplantation in children with lower urinary tract dysfunction]Christine Grapin-Dagorno
Chirurgie viscérale pédiatrique, Hôpital Armand Trousseau 26, rue du Dr Arnold Netter, 75012 Paris
Bull Acad Natl Med 191:569-81; discussion 581-3. 2007..of recurrent pyelonephritis (2 cases), renal abscess (1 case), upper urinary tract dilation (3 cases), lithiasis (1 case) and urinary tract incrustation by Corynebacterium in the ureterocutaneous conduit (1 case)...
- Therapeutic options in lithiasis of the lumbar ureterMiguel Arrabal-Martín
Department of Urology, San Cecilio, University Hospital, Prof Agusti n Escribano, 3 3 degrees B1, 18004, Granada, Spain
Eur Urol 43:556-63. 2003In the past 25 years, the treatment of lithiasis of the lumbar ureter has evolved from ureterolithotomy to extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy and/or endoscopic lithotripsy...
- [Bile duct infections as a late complication after endoscopic sphincterotomy]Yuriy Mandryka
Department of Gastroenterological, Oncological and General Surgery, Medical University of Lodz
Pol Merkur Lekarski 21:525-7. 2006..Nevertheless patients after invasive procedures concerning bile ducts with destruction of Oddi's sphincter often have increased succeptibility to chronic infections of bile ducts...
- [Usefulness of endoscopic cholangiography and sphincterotomy in patients with biliary lithiasis]Miguel Angel Ramirez-Luna
Departamento de Endoscopia Gastrointestinal, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Mexico, DF
Rev Gastroenterol Mex 69:217-25. 2004..However, its use as a standard approach remains controversial...
- [The meaning and usefulness of spiral CT for radiolucent ureteric stones diagnosis: our experience]Giandomenico Passavanti
Servizio Radiologia, Ospedale Misericordia, Grosseto, Italy
Arch Ital Urol Androl 75:46-8. 2003..case histories on the usefulness of spiral TC, used for several years both to diagnose renal colic and urinary lithiasis and to study radio lucent stones that are often difficult to be detected with traditional radiology...
- INBORN ERRORS OF A PURINE SALVAGE PATHWAYJay Tischfield; Fiscal Year: 2000..These animals have very severe and early onset DHA renal lithiasis which leads to chronic renal failure and death in many animals...
- URINARY MACROMOLECULES AND RENAL LITHIASISMartin Resnick; Fiscal Year: 1980..These proteins are not increased in inactive stone formers or in uric acid or cystine stone formers. Studies are continuing to measure the effect of these proteins on seeded crystal growth...
- ENDOGENOUS AND EXOGENOUS IL 10 AND RENAL INJURYOrson Moe; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- SURFACTANT AND TUBERCULOSIS PATHOGENESISJ Ferguson; Fiscal Year: 2002..tb and the host, and for the principal investigator to become an accomplished independent biomedical investigator. ..
- Osteoporosis in Hypercalciuric Kidney Stone FormersJohn Asplin; Fiscal Year: 2003..We hope to use the algorithm developed in this research to expand out services to include bone disease management in kidney stone forming patients and their families. ..
- REGULATION OF CITRATE TRANSPORTLee Hamm; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- MANAGEMENT OF ADAPTATION TO ALTERED SENSORIMOTOR STATESHelen Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Acute Regulation of the Renal Na/H Exchanger NHE-3Orson Moe; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will uncover highly fundamental mechanisms of regulation of an important epithelial Na transporter and further our understanding 01 disturbance in acid-base balance, Na retention and hypertension. ..
- FORMULATION OF RATIONAL THERAPY OF NEPHROLITHIASISOrson Moe; Fiscal Year: 2008..This proposal will address the nature of calcium-oxalate interaction and how it impacts on the risk of developing kidney stones. ..
- TREATMENTS FOR BENIGN PAROXYSMAL POSITIONAL VERTIGOHelen Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2008..4. Determine the influence of rhinosinusitis. A) Determine the prevalence of rhinosinusitis in patients with BPPV. B) Determine if the presence of rhinosinusitis affects severity of symptoms or response to treatment. ..
- Treatment of Calcium Nephrolithiasis Sodium ThiosulfateJohn Asplin; Fiscal Year: 2006..New, more effective and better tolerated drugs are needed to reduce the recurrence of kidney stones in these patients. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- H+-ATPase B-subunit Dysfunction and Calcium NephrolithiasisOrson W Moe; Fiscal Year: 2010....