Genomes and Genes
Summary: Inflammation of the urinary bladder. (Dorland, 27th ed)
Publications302 found, 100 shown here
- International clinical practice guidelines for the treatment of acute uncomplicated cystitis and pyelonephritis in women: A 2010 update by the Infectious Diseases Society of America and the European Society for Microbiology and Infectious DiseasesKalpana Gupta
Department of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Boston Health Care System, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Clin Infect Dis 52:e103-20. 2011..The focus of this work is treatment of women with acute uncomplicated cystitis and pyelonephritis, diagnoses limited in these guidelines to premenopausal, non-pregnant women with no known ..
- Urinary MMP-9/NGAL complex in children with acute cystitisSami Hatipoglu
Department of Pediatrics, Bakirkoy Dr Sadi Konuk Training and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Pediatr Nephrol 26:1263-8. 2011..Identification of NGAL-MMP-9/cr levels in the urine of suspected UTI patients may also be useful to differentiate between contamination and infection and for monitoring of treatment response in children...
- Cyclophosphamide-induced cystitis increases bladder CXCR4 expression and CXCR4-macrophage migration inhibitory factor associationPedro L Vera
Bay Pines VA Healthcare System, Research and Development 151, Bay Pines, Florida, USA
PLoS ONE 3:e3898. 2008Macrophage migration inhibitory factor (MIF) is a pro-inflammatory cytokine involved in cystitis and a non-cognate ligand of the chemokine receptor CXCR4 in vitro...
- Voided stain on paper method for analysis of mouse urinationY Sugino
Department of Urology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Neurourol Urodyn 27:548-52. 2008..To evaluate the usefulness of a quantification method using filter paper for analyzing minute voided urine of the mouse...
- Alterations in neuropeptide expression in lumbosacral bladder pathways following chronic cystitisM A Vizzard
Department of Anatomy and Neurology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, E219 Given Building, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
J Chem Neuroanat 21:125-38. 2001..peptide (CGRP) and substance P (SP) in lumbosacral (L6-S1) micturition reflex pathways, following chronic cystitis induced by cyclophosphamide (CYP)...
- Regulation of IGF-1 but not TGF-β1 by NGF in the smooth muscle of the inflamed urinary bladderQing L Zhang
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, School of Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA, United States
Regul Pept 177:73-8. 2012Intraperitoneal injection of cyclophosphamide (CYP) causes hemorrhagic cystitis with excess growth of muscular layer leading to bladder hypertrophy; this could be attributable to changes in the expression profiles of growth factors in the ..
- Multiplex analysis of urinary cytokine levels in rat model of cyclophosphamide-induced cystitisMarc C Smaldone
Department of Urology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Urology 73:421-6. 2009..is a potential easily accessible source of biomarkers for inflammatory bladder diseases, including interstitial cystitis. In the present study, we subjected rat urine to multiplex cytokine analysis in an attempt to identify an ..
- Divergent pathway of intestinal metaplasia and cystitis glandularis of the urinary bladderMing Tse Sung
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Mod Pathol 19:1395-401. 2006..Tissues from 46 patients, including 22 cases of intestinal metaplasia of the urinary bladder, 11 cases of typical cystitis glandularis, and 13 cases containing both lesions, were selected and immunohistochemical stains for CDX2, Hep, ..
- papG alleles of Escherichia coli strains causing first-episode or recurrent acute cystitis in adult womenJ R Johnson
University of Minnesota and VA Medical Center, Minneapolis 55417, USA
J Infect Dis 177:97-101. 1998..classes I-III) was assessed among 74 Escherichia coli urine isolates from women with first-episode or recurrent cystitis, and papG genotype was compared with clinical origin, O serogroup, agglutination of Gal(alpha1-4)Gal-coated latex ..
- Activation of extracellular signal-regulated protein kinase 5 is essential for cystitis- and nerve growth factor-induced calcitonin gene-related peptide expression in sensory neuronsSharon J Yu
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Richmond, Virginia, USA
Mol Pain 8:48. 2012b>Cystitis causes considerable neuronal plasticity in the primary afferent pathways...
- The effects of sacral acupuncture on acetic acid-induced bladder irritation in conscious ratsKokoro Hino
Department of Clinical Acupuncture and Moxibustion, Meiji University of Integrative Medicine, Hiyoshi cho, Nantan, Kyoto, Japan
Urology 75:730-4. 2010..To investigate the effects of sacral acupuncture on acetic acid-induced bladder irritation using cystometry in conscious rats, with particular focus on effects on afferent fibers of the bladder...
- A FimH inhibitor prevents acute bladder infection and treats chronic cystitis caused by multidrug-resistant uropathogenic Escherichia coli ST131Makrina Totsika
Australian Infectious Diseases Research Centre, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
J Infect Dis 208:921-8. 2013..Urinary tract infections (UTIs) caused by E. coli ST131 are typically associated with limited treatment options and are often recurrent...
- Decrease of Trefoil factor 2 in cats with feline idiopathic cystitisStephanie I K Lemberger
Clinic of Small Animal Medicine, Department of Veterinary Sciences, LMU University of Munich, Germany
BJU Int 107:670-7. 2011To obtain new insights into aetiological backgrounds, and to search for diagnostic biomarkers by assessing the difference in urinary proteins between cats with spontaneous feline idiopathic cystitis (FIC) and healthy controls.
- Bladder permeability barrier: recovery from selective injury of surface epithelial cellsJohn Lavelle
Department of Urology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 283:F242-53. 2002..this barrier is damaged, leakage of urine components into the underlying bladder layers results, with symptoms of cystitis. In these studies, we develop a model of selective urothelial injury using protamine sulfate (PS) and define the ..
- Mast cell-derived histamine mediates cystitis painCharles N Rudick
Department of Urology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS ONE 3:e2096. 2008..Interstitial cystitis (IC) is a bladder disease that causes debilitating pelvic pain of unknown origin and without consistent ..
- Emphysematous cystitis: illustrative case report and review of the literatureMoti Grupper
Infectious Diseases and Urology, Bnai Zion Medical Center and the Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion, Haifa, Israel
Medicine (Baltimore) 86:47-53. 2007Emphysematous cystitis is a rare disease characterized by primary infection of the urinary bladder with gas-producing pathogens...
- Bilateral emphysematous pyelonephritis and emphysematous cystitis with autosomal-dominant polycystic kidney disease: is conservative management justified?Narayanaswamy Arun
Departments of Surgery Urology Unit and Nephrology, Al Amiri Hospital, Kuwait
Med Princ Pract 16:155-7. 2007To report a case of bilateral emphysematous pyelonephritis (EPN) and emphysematous cystitis in a 64-year-old diabetic male with autosomal-dominant polycystic kidney disease (ADPKD).
- The role of beta-catenin signaling in the malignant potential of cystitis glandularisR T Bryan
Epithelial Laboratory, University of Birmingham, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TH, UK
J Urol 170:1892-6. 2003..b>Cystitis glandularis is a metaplastic lesion of the bladder urothelium occurring in the presence of chronic inflammation ..
- Sesquiterpene lactone parthenolide ameliorates bladder inflammation and bladder overactivity in cyclophosphamide induced rat cystitis model by inhibiting nuclear factor-kappaB phosphorylationHiroshi Kiuchi
Department of Urology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Japan
J Urol 181:2339-48. 2009..Sigma) is associated with urological complications, including irritative voiding symptoms and hemorrhagic cystitis. Evidence suggests that tumor necrosis factor-alpha (R&D Systems), interleukin-1beta and cyclooxygenase-2 are ..
- Comparison of uroprotective efficacy of mesna and amifostine in Cyclophosphamide- induced hemorrhagic cystitis in ratsOzkan Kanat
Uludag University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Medical Oncology, Gorukle 16059, Bursa, Turkey
Indian J Cancer 43:12-5. 2006Hemorrhagic cystitis (HC) is a dose limiting side effect of cyclophosphamide (CYP).
- Antibiotics versus placebo in the treatment of women with uncomplicated cystitis: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsMatthew E Falagas
Alfa Institute of Biomedical Sciences AIBS, Athens, Greece
J Infect 58:91-102. 2009Acute uncomplicated cystitis is one of the most common bacterial infections in women and is conventionally treated with antibiotics...
- Cystitis increases colorectal afferent sensitivity in the mousePablo Rodolfo Brumovsky
Center for Pain Research, Departments of Anesthesiology, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 297:G1250-8. 2009..and rodents suggest that colon inflammation promotes urinary bladder hypersensitivity and, conversely, that cystitis contributes to colon hypersensitivity, events referred to as cross-organ sensitization...
- Anandamide-evoked activation of vanilloid receptor 1 contributes to the development of bladder hyperreflexia and nociceptive transmission to spinal dorsal horn neurons in cystitisPaulo Dinis
Institute of Histology and Embryology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Porto, 4200 319 Porto, Portugal
J Neurosci 24:11253-63. 2004..Animals were given intraperitoneal cyclophosphamide injection, which evokes painful hemorrhagic cystitis accompanied by increased bladder reflex activity...
- Efficacy and safety of ciprofloxacin for prophylaxis of polyomavirus BK virus-associated hemorrhagic cystitis in allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation recipientsAshley N Miller
Department of Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 17:1176-81. 2011Polyoma virus BK-induced hemorrhagic cystitis is an important cause of morbidity after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT)...
- Acute acrolein-induced cystitis in miceDale E Bjorling
Department of Surgical Sciences, School of Veterinary, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
BJU Int 99:1523-9. 2007To develop a method of direct intravesical administration of acrolein and evaluate the severity of cystitis in response to increasing doses of acrolein in female C57BL/6N (C57) mice, with further studies to compare the severity of acute ..
- Endogenous nerve growth factor regulates collagen expression and bladder hypertrophy through Akt and MAPK pathways during cystitisChul Won Chung
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Richmond, Virginia 23298 0551, USA
J Biol Chem 285:4206-12. 2010..We reported here that cyclophosphamide (CYP)-induced cystitis significantly increased the production of type I collagen in the inflamed bladder leading to increases in the ..
- Fosfomycin versus other antibiotics for the treatment of cystitis: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsMatthew E Falagas
Alfa Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Athens, Greece
J Antimicrob Chemother 65:1862-77. 2010b>Cystitis is a common infection. The alarmingly high resistance rates exhibited by contemporary uropathogens necessitate the re-evaluation of old antibiotics.
- PACAP-mediated ATP release from rat urothelium and regulation of PACAP/VIP and receptor mRNA in micturition pathways after cyclophosphamide (CYP)-induced cystitisBeatrice M Girard
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
J Mol Neurosci 36:310-20. 2008..To gain insight into PACAP signaling in micturition and regulation with cystitis, receptor characterization by real-time quantitative polymerase chain reaction and physiological assays were ..
- Assessment of murine bladder permeability with fluorescein: validation with cyclophosphamide and protamineL Eichel
Department of Urology, University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, New York, USA
Urology 58:113-8. 2001..NaF) were measured in mice before and during cyclophosphamide (CYP) and protamine-induced hemorrhagic cystitis. METHODS: To measure the plasma uptake of NaF from the bladder, 10 mg/mL NaF was instilled, either by catheter or ..
- Eosinophilic cystitis in adultsN M Itano
Department of Urology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Urol 165:805-7. 2001..the largest clinical experience with the diagnosis and management of largely anecdotally reported eosinophilic cystitis. MATERIALS AND METHODS: Five women and 12 men 18 to 84 years with proved eosinophilic cystitis were treated in a ..
- A model of hemorrhagic cystitis induced with acrolein in miceC K L P Batista
Departamento de Fisiologia e Farmacologia, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal do Ceara, Fortaleza, CE, Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 39:1475-81. 2006..metabolite of cyclophosphamide and ifosfamide, which has been reported to be the causative agent of hemorrhagic cystitis induced by these compounds. A direct cytotoxic effect of acrolein, however, has not yet been demonstrated...
- GAG layer replenishment therapy for chronic forms of cystitis with intravesical glycosaminoglycans--a reviewHelmut Madersbacher
Department of Neurology, Medical University Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Neurourol Urodyn 32:9-18. 2013Glycosaminoglycan (GAG) layer replenishment is a cornerstone in the therapy of interstitial cystitis (IC)...
- The role of P2X7 purinergic receptors in inflammatory and nociceptive changes accompanying cyclophosphamide-induced haemorrhagic cystitis in miceJ P Martins
Faculdade de Medicina, PUCRS, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Br J Pharmacol 165:183-96. 2012..Haemorrhagic cystitis (HC) is a well-known adverse effect of therapy with cyclophosphamide used for the treatment of many solid tumours ..
- Models of inflammation of the lower urinary tractDale E Bjorling
Department of Surgical Sciences, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI, USA
Neurourol Urodyn 30:673-82. 2011..discuss various animal models of lower urinary tract inflammation, including feline spontaneous (interstitial) cystitis, neurogenic cystitis, autoimmune cystitis, cystitis induced by intravesical instillation of chemicals or ..
- Dual involvements of cyclooxygenase and nitric oxide synthase expressions in ketamine-induced ulcerative cystitis in rat bladderShu Mien Chuang
Yuh Ing Junior College of Health Care and Management, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Neurourol Urodyn 32:1137-43. 2013..The aims of the present study were to investigate voiding patterns, tissue constituents and the expressions of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) and nitric oxide synthase (NOS) involved in ketamine-induced ulcerative cystitis in rat urinary bladder.
- Comparison of Escherichia coli strains recovered from human cystitis and pyelonephritis infections in transurethrally challenged miceD E Johnson
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Infect Immun 66:3059-65. 1998..coli induces pyelonephritis has accumulated. Although cystitis accounts for 95% of visits to physicians for symptoms of urinary tract infections, few in vivo studies have ..
- Role for pAKT in rat urinary bladder with cyclophosphamide (CYP)-induced cystitisLauren Arms
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 301:F252-62. 2011..These results demonstrate increased AKT phosphorylation in the urinary bladder with urinary bladder inflammation and that blockade of AKT phosphorylation in the urothelium improves overall bladder function...
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute uncomplicated cystitisRichard Colgan
University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, USA
Am Fam Physician 84:771-6. 2011..Most urinary tract infections are acute uncomplicated cystitis. Identifiers of acute uncomplicated cystitis are frequency and dysuria in an immunocompetent woman of ..
- Cystitis glandularis in childrenNicola Capozza
Division of Paediatric Urology, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, Research Institute, Piazza S Onofrio, 4 00165, Rome, Italy
BJU Int 95:411-3. 2005To assess the characteristics of cystitis glandularis in children.
- Low-dose cidofovir treatment of BK virus-associated hemorrhagic cystitis in recipients of hematopoietic stem cell transplantM R Savona
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 39:783-7. 2007..of hematopoietic stem cell transplants (HSCTs), BK virus (BKV) has been associated with late-onset hemorrhagic cystitis (HC). In our institution, HSCT recipients with BKV-associated HC are treated with 1 mg/kg of cidofovir weekly...
- Altered muscarinic receptor subtype expression and functional responses in cyclophosphamide induced cystitis in ratsD Giglio
Department of Pharmacology, The Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Auton Neurosci 122:9-20. 2005..the expression of muscarinic receptors and cholinergic responses were altered in the situation of experimental cystitis. Rats were treated with cyclophosphamide intraperitoneally and the bladders were excised 36-100 h later...
- Emphysematous cystitis in the absence of known risk factors: an unusual clinical entityTheodoros Kelesidis
Department of Medicine, Caritas St Elizabeth s Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02135, USA
South Med J 102:942-6. 2009Emphysematous cystitis is a rare disorder that is usually associated with immunosuppression, poorly controlled diabetes mellitus, and other risk factors such as previous urinary tract infection and/or recent instrumentation of the urinary ..
- RDP58 inhibits T cell-mediated bladder inflammation in an autoimmune cystitis modelWujiang Liu
Department of Urology, University of Iowa Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, 3202 MERF, 375 Newton Road, IA 52242 1087, USA
J Autoimmun 30:257-65. 2008Interstitial cystitis (IC) is a chronic inflammatory condition of the urinary bladder with a strong autoimmune component. Currently, the major challenge in IC treatment is the development of effective therapies...
- Acute uncomplicated cystitis: from surveillance data to a rationale for empirical treatmentIoannis Katsarolis
4th Department of Internal Medicine, Attikon University General Hospital, 1 Rimini Avenue, 12462 Haidari, Athens, Greece
Int J Antimicrob Agents 35:62-7. 2010..the epidemiological features and resistance rates in uropathogens isolated from cases of acute uncomplicated cystitis (AUC) in Greece, and subsequently to guide empirical treatment...
- Transient receptor potential vanilloid subfamily 1 is essential for the generation of noxious bladder input and bladder overactivity in cystitisAna Charrua
Institute of Histology and Embryology, Faculty of Medicine, Institute for Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
J Urol 177:1537-41. 2007We evaluated the role of transient receptor potential vanilloid subfamily 1 for the generation of noxious bladder input and bladder overactivity associated with cystitis.
- Choice of antibiotic for empirical therapy of acute cystitis in a setting of high antimicrobial resistanceDebasis Biswas
Department of Microbiology, Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Swami Ram Nagar, Jolly Grant, Dehradun, India
Indian J Med Sci 60:53-8. 2006..A high prevalence of antimicrobial resistance among urinary isolates in the Garhwal region of Uttaranchal...
- Antimicrobial resistance among uropathogens that cause acute uncomplicated cystitis in women in Hong Kong: a prospective multicenter study in 2006 to 2008Pak Leung Ho
Department of Microbiology and Carol Yu Centre for Infection, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 66:87-93. 2010..was conducted to assess the epidemiology of antimicrobial resistance among uropathogens causing uncomplicated cystitis. Adult women with clinical diagnosis of uncomplicated cystitis were enrolled from 54 participating centers ..
- Tissue repair using allogeneic mesenchymal stem cells for hemorrhagic cystitis, pneumomediastinum and perforated colonO Ringden
Centre for Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplantation, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
Leukemia 21:2271-6. 2007..Their median age was 48 (13-64) years. Seven had hemorrhagic cystitis grades 2-5, two had pneumomediastinum and one had perforated colon and peritonitis...
- Genotypic characterization of virulence factors in Escherichia coli strains from patients with cystitisMonique Ribeiro Tiba
Departamento de Microbiologia e Imunologia, Laboratório de Antígenos Bacterianos II, Instituto de Biologia, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Cidade Universitaria Zeferino Vaz, Campinas, SP, Brasil
Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo 50:255-60. 2008..In this work, 162 Uropathogenic Escherichia coli (UPEC) strains from patients with cystitis were genotypically characterized by polymerase chain reaction (PCR) assay...
- BK DNA viral load in plasma: evidence for an association with hemorrhagic cystitis in allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplant recipientsVeronique Erard
Division of Clinical Research, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Program in Infectious Diseases, 1100 Fairview Ave North D3 100, PO Box 19024, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Blood 106:1130-2. 2005We performed a case-control study to determine the association of BK plasma viremia with hemorrhagic cystitis (HC) in hematopoietic cell transplant (HCT) recipients...
- Lack of TRPV1 inhibits cystitis-induced increased mechanical sensitivity in miceZun Yi Wang
Department of Surgical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, 2015 Linden Drive, Madison, WI 53719, USA
Pain 139:158-67. 2008..The effects of experimental cystitis on bladder function (an indicator of visceral pain) and the threshold of response to mechanical or thermal ..
- Maternal use of cystitis medication and childhood epilepsy in a danish population-based cohortJessica E Miller
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1772, USA
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 26:589-95. 2012..We examined cystitis antibiotics commonly used during pregnancy, as a marker of cystitis, and the risk of childhood epilepsy in a ..
- Unique BK virus non-coding control region (NCCR) variants in hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipients with and without hemorrhagic cystitisMichael J Carr
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Trinity Centre for Health Sciences, University of Dublin, Trinity College, St James s Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
J Med Virol 78:485-93. 2006Hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipients frequently develop BK virus (BKV)-associated hemorrhagic cystitis, which coincides with BK viruria...
- Therapeutic effects of the putative P2X3/P2X2/3 antagonist A-317491 on cyclophosphamide-induced cystitis in ratsKatsuaki Ito
Department of Veterinary Pharmacology, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Miyazaki, Miyazaki, 889 2192, Japan
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 377:483-90. 2008..effect of the recently developed P2X3 and P2X2/3 receptor antagonist A-317491 on cyclophosphamide (CYP)-induced cystitis to determine whether a P2X receptor antagonist could be beneficial for the treatment of bladder overactivity ..
- Time course and host responses to Escherichia coli urinary tract infection in genetically distinct mouse strainsW J Hopkins
Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 43792, USA
Infect Immun 66:2798-802. 1998..The latter result strongly suggests that the presence or absence of specific host genes will determine how effectively an E. coli UTI will be resolved...
- Association between a high BK virus load in urine samples of patients with graft-versus-host disease and development of hemorrhagic cystitis after hematopoietic stem cell transplantationG Bogdanovic
Department of Oncology Pathology, Karolinska Institute, Hudding University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Clin Microbiol 42:5394-6. 2004..alone or in combination with acute graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) was correlated to development of hemorrhagic cystitis (HC)...
- Diagnostic significance of clinical and laboratory findings to localize site of urinary infectionEduardo H Garin
Department of Pediatrics, University of Florida, P O Box 100296, Gainesville, FL, 32610, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 22:1002-6. 2007..Patients were divided into having either acute pyelonephritis or acute cystitis according to the presence or absence of acute lesions on dimercaptosuccinic acid (DMSA) renal scintigraphy...
- [Clinical aspects and epidemiology of uncomplicated cystitis in women. German results of the ARESC Study]F M E Wagenlehner
Klinik und Poliklinik für Urologie und Kinderurologie, Universitätsklinikum Giessen und Marburg Standort Giessen
Urologe A 49:253-61. 2010Uncomplicated cystitis in women is among the most frequent infections in the community setting...
- Calcifying nanoparticles associated encrusted urinary bladder cystitisTomislav M Jelic
Department of Pathology, CAMC, Memorial Hospital, 3200 MacCorkle Avenue, Charleston, WV 25304, USA
Int J Nanomedicine 3:385-90. 2008Encrusted cystitis is a subtype of chronic cystitis characterized by multiple calcifications in the form of plaques located in the interstitium of the urinary bladder mucosa and frequently associated with mucosal ulcers...
- Role of human papillomavirus types 16, 18, and 52 in recurrent cystitis and urinary bladder cancer among Egyptian patientsHala Badawi
Infection Control Unit, Theodor Bilharz Research Institute TBRI, Giza, Egypt
Medscape J Med 10:232. 2008..We aimed to estimate the prevalence of HPV-16, -18, and -52 in Egyptian patients with bladder cancer or recurrent cystitis, and to study the correlation of type-specific HPV-immunoglobulin (Ig)G with polymerase chain reaction (PCR) ..
- Decreased nanobacteria levels and symptoms of nanobacteria-associated interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome after tetracycline treatmentQing Hua Zhang
Urological Research Institute of PLA, Southwest Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, 400038, People s Republic of China
Int Urogynecol J 21:103-9. 2010..to detect whether nanobacteria (NB) reside in urine and bladder tissue samples of patients with interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome (IC/PBS) and whether antibiotic therapy targeting these organisms is effective in ..
- Changes in galanin immunoreactivity in rat micturition reflex pathways after cyclophosphamide-induced cystitisK Zvarova
Departments of Neurology and Anatomy and Neurobiology, College of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Cell Tissue Res 324:213-24. 2006..neuropeptide, galanin, were examined in micturition reflex pathways of rat after cyclophosphamide (CYP)-induced cystitis of variable duration: acute (4 h), intermediate (48 h), or chronic (10 days)...
- Blockade of NGF and trk receptors inhibits increased peripheral mechanical sensitivity accompanying cystitis in ratsSimone D Guerios
Department of Surgical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 295:R111-22. 2008..b>Cystitis may induce transient or persistent plastic changes mediated by neurotrophins, particularly nerve growth factor (..
- Sequestration of brain derived nerve factor by intravenous delivery of TrkB-Ig2 reduces bladder overactivity and noxious input in animals with chronic cystitisR Pinto
Instituto de Biologia Celular e Molecular, Porto, Portugal Department of Urology, Hospital de S Joao, Porto, Portugal
Neuroscience 166:907-16. 2010..It is upregulated in various inflammatory conditions, where it may contribute to altered pain states. In cystitis, little is known about the relevance of BDNF in bladder-generated noxious input and bladder overactivity, a ..
- Serotonergic and noradrenergic facilitation of the visceromotor reflex evoked by urinary bladder distension in rats with inflamed bladdersAlan Randich
Department of Psychology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Neurosci Lett 442:253-6. 2008....
- Cholinergic nitric oxide release from the urinary bladder mucosa in cyclophosphamide-induced cystitis of the anaesthetized ratM C Andersson
Department of Pharmacology, The Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Gothenburg, Sweden
Br J Pharmacol 153:1438-44. 2008..that nitric oxide (NO) may be released by cholinergic stimuli in the rat bladder in cyclophosphamide-induced cystitis, affecting bladder function...
- Inhibition of the cation channel TRPV4 improves bladder function in mice and rats with cyclophosphamide-induced cystitisWouter Everaerts
Laboratory of Ion Channel Research, Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:19084-9. 2010..micturition frequency (pollakisuria) are common lower urinary tract symptoms associated with conditions such as cystitis, prostatic hyperplasia, neurological disease, and overactive bladder syndrome...
- Uroprotective effects of curcumin in cyclophosphamide-induced haemorrhagic cystitis paradigmHossam M M Arafa
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Al Azhar University, Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 104:393-9. 2009The possible uroprotective effects of curcumin have been addressed in the current study. Haemorrhagic cystitis was induced by challenging male Swiss albino rats with a single dose of cyclophosphamide (150 mg/kg, i.p.)...
- Deficits in visceral pain and referred hyperalgesia in Nav1.8 (SNS/PN3)-null miceJennifer M A Laird
Department of Physiology, University of Alcala, Alcala de Henares, E 28871 Madrid, Spain
J Neurosci 22:8352-6. 2002..absence of additional stimuli, we tried a visceral model of tonic noxious chemical stimulation, cyclophosphamide cystitis. Cyclophosphamide produces cystitis by gradual accumulation of toxic metabolites in the bladder...
- Are quinolone-resistant uropathogenic Escherichia coli less virulent?Jordi Vila
Servei de Microbiologia, Instiutu Clinic Infeccions i Immunologia, Hospital Clinic IDIBAPS, Facultat de Medicina, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Infect Dis 186:1039-42. 2002..coli strains causing cystitis in women (29 nalidixic acid-susceptible and 29 nalidixic acid-resistant strains)...
- Surveillance study in Europe and Brazil on clinical aspects and Antimicrobial Resistance Epidemiology in Females with Cystitis (ARESC): implications for empiric therapyKurt G Naber
Technical University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Eur Urol 54:1164-75. 2008Uncomplicated cystitis in females is among the most frequent infections in community.
- Cystitis-induced upregulation of tyrosine kinase (TrkA, TrkB) receptor expression and phosphorylation in rat micturition pathwaysLi Ya Qiao
Department of Neurology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
J Comp Neurol 454:200-11. 2002..dorsal root ganglia (DRG) after acute (8 or 48 hours) or chronic (10 days) cyclophosphamide (CYP)-induced cystitis. Increases in the number of TrkA-immunoreactive (IR) cell profiles were detected in the L1 and L6 DRG (four-fold; ..
- Relationship between Escherichia coli strains causing acute cystitis in women and the fecal E. coli population of the hostEva Moreno
Microbiology Department, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Passeig Vall d Hebron 119 129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
J Clin Microbiol 46:2529-34. 2008..In the present study, 42 women with acute uncomplicated cystitis served as their own controls for an analysis of the causative E. coli strain and the concurrent intestinal E...
- Benefit of Satureja khuzestanica in subchronically rat model of cyclophosphamide-induced hemorrhagic cystitisMohammad Amin Rezvanfar
Laboratory of Histology, Department of Embryology and Histology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Urmia University, Iran
Exp Toxicol Pathol 62:323-30. 2010Cyclophosphamide (CP) as a widely used antineoplastic drug causes hemorrhagic cystitis (HC) mainly via induction of oxidative stress...
- Ketamine-associated ulcerative cystitis: a new clinical entityRohan Shahani
Department of Surgery, St Michael s Hospital and University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Urology 69:810-2. 2007..Increasingly, it is being used as a recreational drug. Recreational ketamine users have anecdotally reported increased lower urinary tract symptoms while using the substance...
- European emergence of ciprofloxacin-resistant Escherichia coli clonal groups O25:H4-ST 131 and O15:K52:H1 causing community-acquired uncomplicated cystitisSimone Cagnacci
Sezione di Microbiologia del Di S C A T, University of Genoa, Largo R Benzi, 10, 16132 Genoa, Italy
J Clin Microbiol 46:2605-12. 2008..In the Mediterranean area, strains belonging to these two clonal groups played a major role in determining the high rate of fluoroquinolone-resistant E. coli strains observed in the community...
- Expression and function of CXCL12/CXCR4 in rat urinary bladder with cyclophosphamide-induced cystitisLauren Arms
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 298:F589-600. 2010..01) increases in intercontraction interval, bladder capacity, and void volume. These results suggest a role for CXCL12/CXCR4 signaling in both normal micturition and with bladder hyperreflexia following bladder inflammation...
- The use of urine proteomic and metabonomic patterns for the diagnosis of interstitial cystitis and bacterial cystitisQue N Van
Laboratory of Proteomics and Analytical Technologies, SAIC Frederick, Inc, NCI Frederick, Frederick, MD, USA
Dis Markers 19:169-83. 2003..and contrasted the use of both proteomic and metabonomic patterns in urine for the detection of interstitial cystitis (IC)...
- Preservation of uroplakins by 2-mercaptoethanesulfonate in cyclophosphamide-induced rat cystitisYoon Soo Kyung
Department of Urology, Dankook University College of Medicine, Ansedong Cheonan Si, Chungcheoung Nam Do, South Korea
Arch Toxicol 85:51-7. 2011Cyclophosphamide (CP) causes extensive cystitis, which is ameliorated with concomitant treatment with mesna...
- Expressions of uroplakins in the mouse urinary bladder with cyclophosphamide-induced cystitisSeong Hoo Choi
Department of Urology, Dankook University College of Medicine, Cheonan, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 24:684-9. 2009..are believed to serve a strong protective barrier against toxic materials, cyclophosphamide (CP) causes extensive cystitis. We investigated the expression of UPs in the urothelium in CP induced mouse cystitis...
- Polysaccharide capsule and sialic acid-mediated regulation promote biofilm-like intracellular bacterial communities during cystitisGregory G Anderson
Department of Molecular Microbiology, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Infect Immun 78:963-75. 2010..Together, these data demonstrate the complex but important roles of UPEC polysaccharide encapsulation and sialic acid signaling in multiple stages of UTI pathogenesis...
- Bacterial characteristics in relation to clinical source of Escherichia coli isolates from women with acute cystitis or pyelonephritis and uninfected womenJames R Johnson
Infectious Diseases 111F, Minneapolis VA Medical Center, 1 Veterans Drive, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
J Clin Microbiol 43:6064-72. 2005Characteristics differentiating Escherichia coli strains that cause cystitis or pyelonephritis from fecal E. coli remain incompletely defined, particularly among adult women in the United States...
- Urinary bladder epithelium antigen induces CD8+ T cell tolerance, activation, and autoimmune responseWujiang Liu
Department of Urology, University of Iowa Roy J and Lucille A Carven College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Immunol 178:539-46. 2007..Despite this clonal deletion, URO-OVA/OT-I mice spontaneously develop autoimmune cystitis at 10 wk of age...
- Ice water testing reveals hypersensitivity in adult rats that experienced neonatal bladder inflammation: implications for painful bladder syndrome/interstitial cystitisAlan Randich
Department of Psychology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
J Urol 182:337-42. 2009..to ice water testing, that is infusion of ice-cold saline into the bladder, in patients with painful bladder syndrome/interstitial cystitis have a parallel in a rat model of bladder hypersensitivity produced by neonatal inflammation.
- Genetic profiles of fluoroquinolone-resistant Escherichia coli isolates obtained from patients with cystitis: phylogeny, virulence factors, PAIusp subtypes, and mutation patternsAkira Takahashi
Department of Urology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
J Clin Microbiol 47:791-5. 2009..coli (FQREC) isolates obtained from patients with cystitis and compared them with those of their fluoroquinolone-susceptible counterparts (FQSEC)...
- Antimicrobial susceptibility of clinical Escherichia coli isolates from uncomplicated cystitis in women over a 1-year period in SpainM Gobernado
Department of Microbiology, University Hospital La Fe, Valencia, Spain
Rev Esp Quimioter 20:68-76. 2007..Higher resistance rates to ciprofloxacin were associated with being aged 65 years and over. These data need to be considered when recommending empirical therapy for acute cystitis.
- OmpA of uropathogenic Escherichia coli promotes postinvasion pathogenesis of cystitisTracy F Nicholson
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Infect Immun 77:5245-51. 2009..directs bladder epithelial binding and invasion by uropathogenic Escherichia coli (UPEC) in the initial stage of cystitis, but the bacterial determinants of postinvasion events in the pathogenesis of cystitis are largely undetermined...
- A phase II study to evaluate WF10 in patients with late hemorrhagic radiation cystitis and proctitisVutisiri Veerasarn
Division of Radiation Oncology, Department of Radiology, Faculty of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok 10700, Thailand
Gynecol Oncol 100:179-84. 2006To evaluate efficacy and safety of WF10 (TCDO iv solution) therapy in patients with late hemorrhagic radiation cystitis and proctitis in a long-term follow up.
- Cytokines in urine in elderly subjects with acute cystitis and asymptomatic bacteriuriaNils Rodhe
Centre for Clinical Research, Dalarna, Sweden
Scand J Prim Health Care 27:74-9. 2009Searching for useful diagnostic tools to discriminate between asymptomatic bacteriuria (ASB) and acute cystitis, this study compared urinary levels of cytokines/chemokines and leukocyte esterase in three groups of elderly subjects; those ..
- MR imaging findings of eosinophilic cystitis in an 8-year-old girlKen Tamai
Department of Diagnostic Imaging and Nuclear Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Pediatr Radiol 37:836-9. 2007Eosinophilic cystitis is a rare inflammatory condition of the urinary bladder of unknown aetiology and characterized by eosinophilic infiltration of the bladder wall...
- Intravesical glycosaminoglycans in the management of chronic cystitisV Iacovelli
Department of Urology, Tor Vergata University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Minerva Urol Nefrol 65:249-62. 2013..glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) in urology, with particular emphasis on the therapeutic use in all the chronic forms of cystitis. The so called "bladder layer" is mainly composed by chondroitin sulphate, dermatan sulphate and heparan sulphate...
- Short-course nitrofurantoin for the treatment of acute uncomplicated cystitis in womenKalpana Gupta
Department of Medicine, Yale University and VA Connecticut Healthcare System, 950 Campbell Avenue, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
Arch Intern Med 167:2207-12. 2007There is a paucity of data on the efficacy of nitrofurantoin for the treatment of acute uncomplicated cystitis in regimens shorter than 7 days...
- L6-S1 spinal nerve stimulation reduces micturition frequency in anaesthetized rats with cyclophosphamide-induced cystitisFrancois A Giuliano
Pelvipharm Laboratories, CNRS, Gif sur Yvette, AP HP, Raymond Poincare Hospital, Garches, France
BJU Int 97:386-92. 2006..the rationale for using spinal nerve stimulation (SNS) for treating bladder overactivity associated with cystitis in a rat model of cyclophosphamide-induced cystitis, as several studies suggested that symptoms associated with ..
- Effects of the compounds MV8608 and MV8612 obtained from Mandevilla velutina in the model of hemorrhagic cystitis induced by cyclophosphamide in ratsAndré A Santos
Programa de Pós Graduação em Biologia Celular e Molecular, PUCRS, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 382:399-407. 2010Hemorrhagic cystitis (HC) is a common side effect observed in patients under chemotherapy with cyclophosphamide (CYP)...
- Overestimation error and unnecessary antibiotic prescriptions for acute cystitis in adult womenWarren J McIsaac
Ray D Wolfe Department of Family Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Med Decis Making 31:405-11. 2011Empiric antibiotic prescribing for suspected acute cystitis may lead to unnecessary prescriptions when urine cultures are negative...
- Eosinophilic cystitis associated with eosinophilic enterocolitis: case reports and review of the literatureM S Kim
Department of Radiology, Myongji Hospital, Kwandong Univerisity College of Medicine, Korea
Br J Radiol 83:e122-5. 2010We report three cases of eosinophilic cystitis. Contrast-enhanced computed tomography (CT) revealed characteristic bladder wall thickening exceeding 10 mm, with preservation of the mucosal lining and intense, progressive contrast ..
- Cyclooxygenase-2 expression on ifosfamide-induced hemorrhagic cystitis in ratsFrancisco Yuri Bulcao Macedo
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Federal University of Ceara, Rua Coronel Nunes de Melo, 1315, Rofolfo Teofilo, 60430 270, Fortaleza, CE, Brazil
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 134:19-27. 2008Hemorrhagic cystitis (HC) is a limiting side effect of chemotherapy with ifosfamide (IFS). In this study, we investigated the participation of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) upon ifosfamide-induced HC.
- Virulence genotype and phylogenetic origin in relation to antibiotic resistance profile among Escherichia coli urine sample isolates from Israeli women with acute uncomplicated cystitisJames R Johnson
Infectious Diseases, Minneapolis VA Medical Center, One Veterans Dr, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:26-31. 2005..coli isolates from urine samples of Israeli women with acute uncomplicated cystitis were analyzed by molecular phylotyping and virulence genotyping for comparison with resistance phenotypes...
- Virulence determinants, phylogenetic groups and fluoroquinolone resistance in Escherichia coli isolated from cystitis and pyelonephritisS Ferjani
Laboratoire de Recherche Résistance aux Antimicrobiens, Hôpital Charles Nicolle de Tunis, Boulevard 9 avril, 1006 Tunis, Tunisia
Pathol Biol (Paris) 60:270-4. 2012The aim of this study is to assess the relation between virulence genotype, phylogenetic group and susceptibility to fluoroquinolones and the urinary tract infection type including pyelonephritis and cystitis due to Escherichia coli.
- Recurrent eosinophilic cystitis in a child with chronic granulomatous diseaseCecilia N Barese
Division of Immunology, Hospital de Niños Dr Ricardo Gutierrez, Associated Hospital to the Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 26:209-12. 2004Eosinophilic cystitis is an uncommon disease in children, and its association with chronic granulomatous disease (CGD) has been previously reported in only five patients...
- Treating acute cystitis with biodegradable micelle-encapsulated quercetinBi Lan Wang
State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy and Cancer Center, West China Hospital, West China Medical School, Chengdu, People s Republic of China
Int J Nanomedicine 7:2239-47. 2012Intravesical application of an anti-inflammatory drug is an efficient strategy for acute cystitis therapy. Quercetin (QU) is a potent anti-inflammatory agent; however, its poor water solubility restricts its clinical application...
- Brain mast cells and Chronic Fatigue SyndromeTheoharis C Theoharides; Fiscal Year: 2013..CFS is often comorbid with other disorders that include fibromyalgia, interstitial cystitis (1C), irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), migraines and post-traumatic stress disorder...
- Roles of Nitric Oxide and Superoxide in CystitisANTHONY JOHN KANAI; Fiscal Year: 2013..is a key therapy for treating these malignancies, the dose is limited by the potential for developing radiation cystitis. The acute phase of cystitis includes inflammation and bladder overactivity resulting from disruption of the ..
- Targeted siRNA nanotechnology for intravesical treatment of urologicaldiseasesRobert M Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2010..for the treatment of urologic diseases including transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder (TCC), interstitial cystitis (IC), overactive bladder, and detrusor hyperreflexia...
- Molecular Basis of E. coli Adhesins in Bladder DisordersScott J Hultgren; Fiscal Year: 2013..superinfection and catheterization of the urinary tract on predisposing to recurrences or more severe chronic cystitis. We also test the efficacy of novel mannoside compounds for oral treatment of UTI caused by virulent and multi-..
- Advanced Nitric Oxide Release Bactericidal Urinary CathetersMark E Meyerhoff; Fiscal Year: 2013..per day of catheterization (50% at 10 days, >90% at 28 days, 100% long term) leading to complications such as cystitis, pyelonephritis, gram-negative bacteremia, prostatitis, epididymitis, urosepsis, septicemia, orchitis, ..
- Abnormal Bladder Epithelial Cell Gene Expression in BPS/ICSUSAN F KEAY; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Bladder pain syndrome/interstitial cystitis (BPS/IC) is a chronic painful bladder syndrome that affects the lives of approximately one million people in the United States...
- EXPRESSION PROFILES FOR RET-POSITIVE DRG NEURONSSanjay Jain; Fiscal Year: 2013..of nociception and devising rational approaches to treat conditions such as painful bladder syndrome/interstitial cystitis. Delineating gene expression patterns and molecular networks in distinct types of DRG neurons during ontogeny is ..
- Rho-Modifying Cytotoxic Necrotizing Factor of E. coliALISON DAVIS O'BRIEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..e., cystitis or pyelonephritis, or acute prostatitis...
- Role of Integrins in Bladder UrotheliumWarren G Hill; Fiscal Year: 2013..it fills is essential in understanding many different bladder disorders, from overactive bladder to interstitial cystitis. Specific aim 1 of our study will examine the repertoire of integrin binding partners in umbrella cells in vivo ..
- Reciprocal Control of Motility and Adherence in UTIHarry L Mobley; Fiscal Year: 2013..The most common uropathogen, Escherichia coli, can cause acute cystitis or pyelonephritis in the uncomplicated urinary tract...
- Optically-Guided Bladder Biopsy Using Polarized Elastic Scattering SpectroscopyFREDERICK GEORGE BARGOOT; Fiscal Year: 2010..tissue histology for empirical classification of PESS spectra as indicative of normal urothelium, interstitial cystitis, low-grade bladder carcinoma, or high-grade bladder carcinoma...
- Spinal Cord-Mediated Acute Neurogenic InflammationQing Lin; Fiscal Year: 2010..relevant states, including arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease, chronic bronchitis, migraine and interstitial cystitis. Such a type of inflammation has been known to be initiated by release of inflammatory substances from sensory ..
- ROLE OF NITRIC OXIDE IN INTERSTITIAL CYSTITISLori A Birder; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Painful bladder syndrome/Interstitial cystitis (PBS/IC) is a chronic painful condition of the urinary bladder in which there are no proven etiologies and no effective treatments that are able to ..
- FUNCTION OF THE ENTERIC NERVOUS SYSTEMJACKIE WOOD; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., interstitial cystitis, prostatitis, vulvodynia and fibromyalgia)...
- Novel Glycosaminoglycan Derivatives for Treatment of Bladder InflammationJUSTIN RODNEY SAVAGE; Fiscal Year: 2011DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Painful bladder syndrome/interstitial cystitis (PBS/IC) is an indolent bladder disorder that has continued to be a debilitating disease with few truly effective treatment options...
- Directed differentiation of embryonic stem cells for urologic applicationsJames A Bassuk; Fiscal Year: 2010..There is a significant need to develop (i) replacement bladders for patients suffering from cancer, interstitial cystitis or neurogenic bladder (spina bifida or multiple sclerosis) and (ii) epithelial tubes for reconstruction of the ..
- Mapping serotonin receptors in lower urinary tract innervationE Michelle Southard-Smith; Fiscal Year: 2013..bladder, pelvis or urogenital floor is a defining feature of chronic pelvic pain syndromes including Interstitial Cystitis and Chronic Prostatitis...
- Urocortin &Musculoskeletal HyperalgesiaAlice A Larson; Fiscal Year: 2013..such as fibromyalgia, and various painful abdominal disorders, such as irritable bowel syndrome and interstitial cystitis. These conditions are exacerbated by stress, and, like stress, gastrointestinal disorders are associated with ..
- Cyclosporine in Interstitial Cystitis: Efficacy, Safety and Mechanism of ActionDaniel Shoskes; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Interstitial cystitis (IC), also referred to as Painful Bladder Syndrome (PBS) is a condition with significant impact on quality of life...
- Multi-Disciplinary Evaluation of Chronic Pelvic Pain SyndromeGERALD LOUIS ANDRIOLE; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION, OVERALL (provided by applicant): Our understanding of (UCPPS) such as interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome (IC/PBS) and chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome, (CP/CPPS) is poor...
- Trial of mesna to prevent doxorubicin-induced plasma protein oxidation and TNFa rJeffrey A Moscow; Fiscal Year: 2012..mechanism of action, and is frequently given in combination chemotherapy regimens to prevent hemorrhagic cystitis associated with the alkylating agents ifosfamide and high-dose cyclophosphamide, and is commonly coincidentally ..
- THE ROLE OF METABOTROPIC GLUTAMATE RECEPTOR 5 (MGLUR5) IN BLADDER PAINHING HUNG HENRY LAI; Fiscal Year: 2013..hypothesis that spinal mGluR5 modulates bladder hyperalgesia in mouse models of bladder pain (cyclophosphamide cystitis, bacterial cystitis)...
- Cystitis-Induced Plasticity of Micturitin ReflexesMARGARET ANN VIZZARD; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Bladder pain syndrome (BPS)/interstitial cystitis (IC) is a chronic pain syndrome characterized by pain, pressure or discomfort perceived to be bladder related with at least one urinary symptom...
- Effects of Artemin on NociceptorsKATHRYN MARIE ALBERS; Fiscal Year: 2013..peptides is commonly elevated in inflammatory diseases such as pancreatitis, psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis and cystitis. Our findings suggest that the growth factor Artn is produced in inflamed tissue and that its production ..
- Delayed Onset of Biofilm Formation and CAUTI with Superhydrophobic CathetersSanjiv Lalwani; Fiscal Year: 2011..when a CAUTI episode becomes symptomatic, the resulting sequelae can range from mild (fever, urethritis and cystitis) to severe (acute pyelonephritis, renal scarring, calculu formation and bacteremia)...
- Immune Response to Polyomavirus InfectionRAPHAEL PAUL VISCIDI; Fiscal Year: 2012..BKV also causes hemorrhagic cystitis which requires clinical intervention in about 5% of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation recipients...
- Cross-sensitization in the pelvis and neurogenic bladderAnna P Malykhina; Fiscal Year: 2012..Chronic pelvic pain is a common symptom of many urologic and gastrointestinal disorders including interstitial cystitis and irritable bowel syndrome...
- Bacterial Survival in the Mammalian UrotheliumJOSEPH PALERMO; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal will use a novel in vitro model of IBCs in conjunction with our well defined murine cystitis model to study bacterial entry in differentiated umbrella cells and identify processes, such as uroplakin ..
- Bladder and Sphincter Control after Spinal Cord InjuryChangfeng Tai; Fiscal Year: 2012..Residual urine in the bladder and urethral catheterization cause cystitis and infection...
- Role of Nitric Oxide in Feline Interstitial Cystitis.Lori Birder; Fiscal Year: 2009Painful bladder syndrome/interstitial cystitis (PBS/IC) is a chronic painful condition of the urinary bladder in which there are no proven etiologies and no effective treatments that are able to ameliorate the symptoms, which include ..
- THE OUTER MEMBRANE AS A VIRULENCE PLATFORMDAVID ALAN HUNSTAD; Fiscal Year: 2013..We also showed that SurA substrates have an additional role during the post-invasion phase of cystitis, in which UPEC multiply rapidly within bladder epithelial cells to form intracellular bacterial communities (IBCs)..
- Asymptomatic Bacteriuria & Risk of Urinary Tract Infection in Renal TransplantsJAMES CARTER RICE; Fiscal Year: 2010..coli UTI are asymptomatic. Despite the lack of UTI symptoms, some renal transplant patients with ASB develop cystitis, pyelonephritis or acute kidney injury...
- Delineating the importance of intracellular tissue occupation by Uropathogenic E.DREW JOEL SCHWARTZ; Fiscal Year: 2013..the induction of a robust immune response predisposes mice to experience persistent bacteriuria and chronic cystitis. This proposal explores the hypothesis that occupation of an intracellular niche during acute infection directly ..
- Biomarkers for Acute Pyelonephrititis in ChildrenNader Shaikh; Fiscal Year: 2011..1 In some children with UTI, infection is localized to the bladder (cystitis). In others, bacteria successfully ascend from the bladder to the kidney causing acute pyelonephritis (APN)...
- Control of Nociception in the Spinal CordSukhbir S Mokha; Fiscal Year: 2010..observed below the head region, such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), fibromyalgia, interstitial cystitis (1C), vulvodynia, endometriosis and pelvic pain, have a greater prevalence in women or are female-specific...
- Comorbid Chronic Pain Conditions - Mechanisms, Diagnosis and TreatmentsAllen W Cowley; Fiscal Year: 2011..chronic fatigue syndrome, chronic headache, endometriosis, fibromyalgia, irritable bowel syndrome, interstitial cystitis, and vulvodynia...
- Spinal glia activation in chronic stress-induced visceral hyperalgesiaSylvie Bradesi; Fiscal Year: 2013..of the sensory system may be generalized to many other stress-sensitive pain conditions, including interstitial cystitis, non-cardiac chest pain and fibromyalgia...
- The Recombinase FimX: Role in type 1 pili regulation and E. coli-induced cystitisPatrick C Seed; Fiscal Year: 2010Type 1 pili, the preeminent virulence determinant in Escherichia coli-associated cystitis, promote binding to the bladder surface and facilitate the colonization and invasion of the epithelium. In their intracellular residence, E...
- Developing a Novel Peptide Therapeutic for Interstitial Cystitis/Painful BladderGraham P Allaway; Fiscal Year: 2010..the in vivo efficacy and mechanism of action of a novel, first-in-class drug candidate for treating interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome (IC/PBS)...
- Children's Hospital Boston George O'Brien Urology Research CenterRosalyn M Adam; Fiscal Year: 2012..of recognizing and treating pediatric OAB as a precursor to adult OAB and painful bladder syndrome/interstitial cystitis (PBS/IC)...
- Bladder drug delivery using intravesical liposomes to treat overactive bladderJONATHAN H KAUFMAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..SBIR) grants to develop intravesical liposome nanoparticles to treat overactive bladder (OAB), interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome (IC/PBS)...
- Restraint stress-induced neurogenic bladder inflammationTheoharis Theoharides; Fiscal Year: 2006..bladder is often the site of subacute or chronic inflammation, in the absence of infection, as in interstitial cystitis (IC), a painful bladder disorder occurring mostly in women...
- Investigation and treatment of central nervous system dysfunction in chronic pelvFelipe Fregni; Fiscal Year: 2010..tDCS in reducing pain in a cohort of chronic pelvic pain patients (with painful bladder syndrome or interstitial cystitis) via a phase-II, double-blinded, sham- controlled, parallel, randomized clinical trial and also assess the safety ..
- Molecular and spatial mapping of bladder nociceptors during development and maturAdam Wallace; Fiscal Year: 2013..This project is relevant to genitourinary pain, such as interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome...
- Validation in Transgenic Animal Models of Clinical Correlates of IC/PBSYi Luo; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome (IC/PBS) is a chronic inflammatory condition of the urinary bladder characterized by symptoms of chronic pelvic pain and urinary frequency and urgency in ..
- Endogenous Cannabinoids and NGF Signaling in Pain Associated with CystitisDALE EDMOND BJORLING; Fiscal Year: 2013..The long range goal is to provide improved options for treatment or prevention of bladder pain that have fewer undesirable side effects than those associate with currently-available therapeutic options. ..
- Endocytic and Exocytic Traffic in Bladder uroepitheliumGerard L Apodaca; Fiscal Year: 2013..expression of surface receptors and other proteins that is associated with bladder diseases such as interstitial cystitis. The overall hypothesis to be tested In this proposal is that umbrella cells respond to their mechanical ..
- Generating molecular markers that selectively label urothelial sub-populationsCATHY LEE MENDELSOHN; Fiscal Year: 2013..The urothelium can be rendered dysfunctional by damage, or disease, including interstitial cystitis, inflammation and UTI, but at present there is no way to repair/regenerate this tissue...
- Adenosine Receptor Function in Bladder UroepitheliumGerard L Apodaca; Fiscal Year: 2012..and will ultimately allow us to understand how perturbations in uroepithelial-associated receptor expression and signal output can contribute to bladder diseases such as interstitial cystitis and detrusor overactivity.
- ADHESIN-BASED NANOTHERAPEUTICS IN URINARY TRACT INFECTIONDAVID ALAN HUNSTAD; Fiscal Year: 2013..of these antimicrobial-bearing, adhesin-coupled NPs, both in vitro and in murine models of acute and chronic cystitis caused by uropathogenic E. coli...
- Novel Oral Therapy For the MucopolysaccharidosesCALOGERA MARIA SIMONARO; Fiscal Year: 2013..It is currently approved for use in patients with interstitial cystitis, and its safety has been demonstrated through clinical testing...
- Bladder Nociception: function/central projection of Sympathetic Afferent PathwayWilliam C DeGroat; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION: Painful bladder syndrome/interstitial cystitis (PBS/IC) is a disease with unknown etiology, which presents clinically as urinary urgency, frequency, and bladder associated pain...
- Cellular Physiology of Sensory Ion ChannelsDavid Julius; Fiscal Year: 2013..acute pain and chronic inflammatory pain syndromes, such as arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease, hemorrhagic cystitis, asthma and other constrictive airway disorders...
- Genetic Studies of Interstitial CystitisLouis M Kunkel; Fiscal Year: 2011Painful bladder syndrome/interstitial cystitis (PBS/IC) is a chronic, debilitating clinical syndrome presenting as severe pelvic pain with extreme urinary urgency and frequency in the absence of any known cause...
- Effects of Inflammation in a Mouse Model of Interstital CystitisJennifer J DeBerry; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Interstitial cystitis (IC) is an inflammatory chronic bladder disorder characterized by suprapubic pain and bladder dysfunction...
- INDUCTION AND MODULATION OF HOST RESPONSES BY UPECAnthony J Schaeffer; Fiscal Year: 2013..coli (UPEC) that elicit an inflammatory response in the bladder during acute cystitis. Identifying novel therapeutic targets against UPEC is critical because of both the high incidence of UTIs and ..
- MIF: a pro-inflammatory cytokine as a novel target to reduce bladder inflammationPedro L Vera; Fiscal Year: 2013..2) Identify the contribution of urothelial MIF receptors (CD74;CXCR4) to MIF signaling and cystitis: MIF receptor blockade will be used to examine changes in MIF-mediated signaling during a well-established model ..
- Brain Bladder Interactions in IC/PBSLARISSA RODRIGUEZ; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION, OVERALL (provided by applicant): Interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome (IC/PBS) is a common chronic bladder syndrome characterized by bladder pain and discomfort (urgency) and increased frequency of urination...
- E. coli virulence gene expression during clinical UTIs in womenHarry L Mobley; Fiscal Year: 2013..1) Determine the adhesins expressed during UTI in humans;2) determine the iron acquisition systems required for cystitis and those required for acute pyelonephritis;and 3) Determine the toxins expressed during human UTI that predict ..
- Decision support with MRI for targeting, evaluating laser ablation for prostate cAnant Madabhushi; Fiscal Year: 2013..the bladder can lead to complications including chronic rectal bleeding, diarrhea, and urinary symptoms such as cystitis. Laser induced interstitial thermal therapy (LITT) is a novel form of controlled, targeted thermal ablation that ..
- PROFILING VULVODYNIA BASED ON NEUROBIOLOGICAL AND BEHAVIORAL ENDOPHENOTYPESAndrea J Rapkin; Fiscal Year: 2013..female healthy controls (HC), 200 patients with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and 100 patients with interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome which are available from a large brain scan repository at UCLA...
- Treatment of Bladder Pain by Novel Glycosaminoglycan DerivativesSiam Oottamasathien; Fiscal Year: 2013PROJECT SUMMARY/ABSTRACT Interstitial cystitis (IC)/painful bladder syndrome (PBS) is a debilitating chronic urologic condition. Over 3 million women above the age of 18 in the U.S...
- Multi-disciplinary Approach to the Study of Chronic Pelvic Pain (MAPP)Karl J Kreder; Fiscal Year: 2012..expenditure the pathophysiology of the Urologic Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome (UCPPS) known as Interstitial Cystitis/Painful Bladder Syndrome (IC/PBS) remains elusive...
- UROTHELIAL CELL ACTIVATION IN INTERSTITIAL CYSTITISMonica Liebert; Fiscal Year: 1993Interstitial cystitis is a poorly understood inflammatory condition occurring in the urinary bladder...
- Interstitial Cystitis Clinical Research NetworkChristopher Payne; Fiscal Year: 2007..National Clinical Centers in a cooperative effort to develop clinical trials for the study of interstitial cystitis (IC)...
- IMMUNE MEDIATED BLADDER INFLAMMATIONTimothy Ratliff; Fiscal Year: 2002..include bacterial infection, response to therapeutic antigens such as BCG (used in treatment of interstitial cystitis and bladder cancer), and although controversial, some have suggested a role for immunity in interstitial cystitis...
- Proteomic Characterization of IC BladderPradeep Tyagi; Fiscal Year: 2006Interstitial cystitis (IC) is a painful bladder syndrome of unknown etiology, characterized by chronic pelvic pain, urinary frequency and urgency...
- Mouse Models for Interstitial CystitisEdward Schwarz; Fiscal Year: 2004Interstitial Cystitis (IC) is a chronic irritable voiding syndrome of unknown etiology...
- Interstitial Cystitis Clinical Research Network (ICCRN)J Nickel; Fiscal Year: 2007..that the applicants confirm their interest and ability to take part in clinical treatment trials in Intersitial Cystitis (IC). The Queen's University Intersitial Cystitis Research Group is established under the directorship of Dr...
- REGENERATION OF FUNCTIONAL SMOOTH MUSCLE TISSUEEmil Tanagho; Fiscal Year: 2004..of regeneration of acellular matrix bladder when grafted to the host bladder (normal, diabetic and interstitial cystitis) after partial cystectomy...
- DCC--INTERSTITIAL CYSTITIS CLINICAL TRIALS GROUPJ Landis; Fiscal Year: 2003..the University of Pennsylvania Medical Center to serve as the Data Coordinating Center (DCC) for the Interstitial Cystitis Clinical Trials Group (ICCTG)...
- INTERSTITIAL CYSTITIS PHASE II TRIALSDaniel Culkin; Fiscal Year: 2003DESCRIPTION: (Abstract of the application) Interstitial cystitis is a disease, which may affect over a million residents of the United States...
- ROLE OF TNF IN BLADDER INFLAMMATIONDavid J Klumpp; Fiscal Year: 2010Interstitial cystitis (IC) is a syndrome that afflicts up to 1 million Americans with grave morbidity due to severe pelvic pain and voiding dysfunction...