Genomes and Genes
Summary: Tumors or cancers of the KIDNEY.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH3
Publications304 found, 100 shown here
- HIF overexpression correlates with biallelic loss of fumarate hydratase in renal cancer: novel role of fumarate in regulation of HIF stabilityJennifer S Isaacs
Urologic Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer Cell 8:143-53. 2005..Further, we show that fumarate acts as a competitive inhibitor of HPH. These data delineate a novel fumarate-dependent pathway for regulating HPH activity and HIF protein levels...
- Enhancement of vaccine-mediated antitumor immunity in cancer patients after depletion of regulatory T cellsJens Dannull
Genitourinary Cancer Immunotherapy Program, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Clin Invest 115:3623-33. 2005..Our findings may have implications in the design of immune-based strategies that may incorporate the Treg depletion strategy to achieve potent antitumor immunity with therapeutic impact...
- Efficacy of everolimus in advanced renal cell carcinoma: a double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled phase III trialRobert J Motzer
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Lancet 372:449-56. 2008..We did a phase III, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of everolimus in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma whose disease had progressed on vascular endothelial growth factor-targeted therapy...
- Exome sequencing identifies frequent mutation of the SWI/SNF complex gene PBRM1 in renal carcinomaIgnacio Varela
Cancer Genome Project, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton CB10 1SA, UK
Nature 469:539-42. 2011..4) as a second major ccRCC cancer gene, with truncating mutations in 41% (92/227) of cases. These data further elucidate the somatic genetic architecture of ccRCC and emphasize the marked contribution of aberrant chromatin biology...
- Overall survival and updated results for sunitinib compared with interferon alfa in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinomaRobert J Motzer
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:3584-90. 2009..Final survival analyses and updated results are reported...
- Comparative effectiveness of axitinib versus sorafenib in advanced renal cell carcinoma (AXIS): a randomised phase 3 trialBrian I Rini
Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Institute, Main Campus, Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Lancet 378:1931-9. 2011....
- Pazopanib in locally advanced or metastatic renal cell carcinoma: results of a randomized phase III trialCora N Sternberg
FACP, Department of Medical Oncology, San Camillo Forlanini Hospital, Circonvallazione Gianicolense 87, Rome, Italy 00152
J Clin Oncol 28:1061-8. 2010..CONCLUSION Pazopanib demonstrated significant improvement in PFS and tumor response compared with placebo in treatment-naive and cytokine-pretreated patients with advanced and/or metastatic RCC...
- EAU guidelines on renal cell carcinoma: the 2010 updateBorje Ljungberg
Department of Surgical and Perioperative Sciences, Urology and Andrology, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Eur Urol 58:398-406. 2010....
- Systematic sequencing of renal carcinoma reveals inactivation of histone modifying genesGillian L Dalgliesh
Cancer Genome Project, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton CB10 1SA, UK
Nature 463:360-3. 2010..These results indicate that substantial genetic heterogeneity exists in a cancer type dominated by mutations in a single gene, and that systematic screens will be key to fully determining the somatic genetic architecture of cancer...
- Sorafenib for treatment of renal cell carcinoma: Final efficacy and safety results of the phase III treatment approaches in renal cancer global evaluation trialBernard Escudier
Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 27:3312-8. 2009....
- Phase 3 trial of everolimus for metastatic renal cell carcinoma : final results and analysis of prognostic factorsRobert J Motzer
Department of Medicine, Genitourinary Oncology Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Cancer 116:4256-65. 2010..Final results and analysis of prognostic factors are reported...
- The epidemiology of renal cell carcinomaBorje Ljungberg
Department of Surgical and Perioperative Sciences, Urology and Andrology, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Eur Urol 60:615-21. 2011..Globally, about 270 000 cases of kidney cancer are diagnosed yearly and 116 000 people die from the disease. Approximately 90% of all kidney cancers are renal cell carcinomas (RCC)...
- Sorafenib in advanced clear-cell renal-cell carcinomaBernard Escudier
Department of Medicine, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
N Engl J Med 356:125-34. 2007..We conducted a phase 3, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of sorafenib, a multikinase inhibitor of tumor-cell proliferation and angiogenesis, in patients with advanced clear-cell renal-cell carcinoma...
- Genome-wide microRNA expression analysis of clear cell renal cell carcinoma by next generation deep sequencingSusanne Osanto
Department of Clinical Oncology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 7:e38298. 2012..Individual differentially expressed miRNAs may potentially serve as diagnostic or prognostic markers or future therapeutic targets in ccRCC. The biological relevance of candidate novel miRNAs is unknown at present...
- Epidemiology and risk factors for kidney cancerWong Ho Chow
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, US Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD 20892 7240, USA
Nat Rev Urol 7:245-57. 2010..Large consortium efforts employing genome-wide scanning technology are underway, which hold promise for novel discoveries in renal carcinogenesis...
- Temsirolimus, interferon alfa, or both for advanced renal-cell carcinomaGary Hudes
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
N Engl J Med 356:2271-81. 2007..Interferon alfa is widely used for metastatic renal-cell carcinoma but has limited efficacy and tolerability. Temsirolimus, a specific inhibitor of the mammalian target of rapamycin kinase, may benefit patients with this disease...
- Presence of intratumoral neutrophils is an independent prognostic factor in localized renal cell carcinomaHanne Krogh Jensen
Department of Oncology, Aarhus University Hospital, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
J Clin Oncol 27:4709-17. 2009..We have previously demonstrated a significant negative impact of intratumoral neutrophils in metastatic renal cell carcinoma. This study assessed intratumoral neutrophils in localized clear cell renal cell carcinoma (RCC)...
- Prognostic significance of morphologic parameters in renal cell carcinomaS A Fuhrman
Am J Surg Pathol 6:655-63. 1982..Nuclear grade was the most significant prognostic criterion for the outcome of Stage I renal cell carcinoma...
- Rising incidence of renal cell cancer in the United StatesW H Chow
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 7240, USA
JAMA 281:1628-31. 1999..Clinical surveys have revealed that incidental detection of renal cell carcinoma is rising because of increased use of imaging procedures...
- Resistance to targeted therapy in renal-cell carcinomaBrian I Rini
Department of Solid Tumor Oncology, Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Institute, Glickman Urologic and Kidney Institute, 9500 Euclid Avenue Desk R35, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Lancet Oncol 10:992-1000. 2009..Clinical data support activity of several agents in resistant patient populations, with large-scale clinical trials ongoing to more thoroughly test several postulations regarding the optimum clinical approach...
- Prognostic factors for overall survival in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma treated with vascular endothelial growth factor-targeted agents: results from a large, multicenter studyDaniel Y C Heng
FRCPC, Department of Medical Oncology, Tom Baker Cancer Center, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Clin Oncol 27:5794-9. 2009..There are no robust data on prognostic factors for overall survival (OS) in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma (RCC) treated with vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) -targeted therapy...
- Renal cell carcinomaBrian I Rini
Department of Solid Tumor Oncology, Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Institute, Cleveland, OH, USA
Lancet 373:1119-32. 2009..Targeted drugs, including inhibitors of the vascular endothelial growth factor and mammalian target of rapamycin pathways, have shown robust effectiveness and offer new therapeutic options for the patients with metastatic disease...
- Sunitinib versus interferon alfa in metastatic renal-cell carcinomaRobert J Motzer
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
N Engl J Med 356:115-24. 2007..Since sunitinib malate has shown activity in two uncontrolled studies in patients with metastatic renal-cell carcinoma, a comparison of the drug with interferon alfa in a phase 3 trial is warranted...
- Genome-wide microRNA expression profiling in renal cell carcinoma: significant down-regulation of miR-141 and miR-200cC Nakada
Department of Molecular Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Oita University, Japan
J Pathol 216:418-27. 2008..On the basis of these findings, we suggest that down-regulation of miR-141 and miR-200c in CCCs might be involved in suppression of CDH1/E-cadherin transcription via up-regulation of ZFHX1B...
- Targeted therapies for renal cell carcinoma: review of adverse event management strategiesTim Eisen
Cambridge University Health Partners, Cambridge, UK
J Natl Cancer Inst 104:93-113. 2012..However, because the evidence for the suggested management strategies is largely anecdotal, there is a need for further systematic investigation of management strategies for AEs related to targeted therapies for RCC...
- BAP1 loss defines a new class of renal cell carcinomaSamuel Peña-Llopis
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Nat Genet 44:751-9. 2012..0005). Our results establish the foundation for an integrated pathological and molecular genetic classification of RCC, paving the way for subtype-specific treatments exploiting genetic vulnerabilities...
- Chemokine receptor CXCR4 downregulated by von Hippel-Lindau tumour suppressor pVHLPeter Staller
Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research, Maulbeerstrasse 66, CH 4058 Basel, Switzerland
Nature 425:307-11. 2003....
- Searching for the hereditary causes of renal-cell carcinomaChristian P Pavlovich
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Brady Urological Institute, A 345, 4940 Eastern Ave, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 4:381-93. 2004
- Prognostic factors and predictive models in renal cell carcinoma: a contemporary reviewMaxine Sun
Cancer Prognostics and Health Outcomes Unit, University of Montreal Health Centre, Montreal, QC, Canada
Eur Urol 60:644-61. 2011..The natural history of renal cell carcinoma (RCC) is highly unpredictable. Small renal masses may be accompanied by metastatic disease. Conversely, patients with locally advanced disease may enjoy long-term disease-free survival...
- Frequent mutations of genes encoding ubiquitin-mediated proteolysis pathway components in clear cell renal cell carcinomaGuangwu Guo
Shenzhen Key Laboratory of Transomics Biotechnologies, BGI Shenzhen, Shenzhen, China
Nat Genet 44:17-9. 2012..01 and 0.04, respectively). Our findings highlight the potential contribution of UMPP to ccRCC tumorigenesis through the activation of the hypoxia regulatory network...
- HIF-1 inhibits mitochondrial biogenesis and cellular respiration in VHL-deficient renal cell carcinoma by repression of C-MYC activityHuafeng Zhang
Vascular Biology Program, Institute for Cell Engineering, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Cancer Cell 11:407-20. 2007..We demonstrate that transcription of the gene encoding the coactivator PGC-1beta is C-MYC dependent and that loss of PGC-1beta expression is a major factor contributing to reduced respiration in VHL-deficient renal carcinoma cells...
- Phase III trial of bevacizumab plus interferon alfa versus interferon alfa monotherapy in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma: final results of CALGB 90206Brian I Rini
Department of Solid Tumor Oncology, Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Institute, 9500 Euclid Ave Desk R35, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:2137-43. 2010..Interferon alfa (IFN-alpha) is the historic standard initial treatment for RCC. A prospective, randomized, phase III trial of bevacizumab plus IFN-alpha versus IFN-alpha monotherapy was conducted...
- Phase III trial of bevacizumab plus interferon alfa-2a in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma (AVOREN): final analysis of overall survivalBernard Escudier
Unité Immunothérapie, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
J Clin Oncol 28:2144-50. 2010..A phase III trial of bevacizumab combined with interferon alfa-2a (IFN) showed significant improvements in progression-free survival (PFS) in metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC). Here, we report overall survival (OS) data...
- A prospective, randomised EORTC intergroup phase 3 study comparing the oncologic outcome of elective nephron-sparing surgery and radical nephrectomy for low-stage renal cell carcinomaHendrik VAN Poppel
Department of Urology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Eur Urol 59:543-52. 2011..Nephron-sparing surgery (NSS) can safely be performed with slightly higher complication rates than radical nephrectomy (RN), but proof of oncologic effectiveness is lacking...
- Interleukin-8 mediates resistance to antiangiogenic agent sunitinib in renal cell carcinomaDan Huang
Laboratory of Cancer Genetics, Laboratory of Computational Biology, Van Andel Research Institute, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49503, USA
Cancer Res 70:1063-71. 2010..Our results reveal IL-8 as an important contributor to sunitinib resistance in ccRCC and a candidate therapeutic target to reverse acquired or intrinsic resistance to sunitinib in this malignancy...
- VHL and HIF signalling in renal cell carcinogenesisMarcella M Baldewijns
Department of Pathology, GROW School for Oncology and Developmental Biology, Maastricht University Medical Centre, Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Pathol 221:125-38. 2010..In this review, we discuss existing and novel findings about RCC carcinogenesis, with subsequent clinical implications...
- Active treatment of localized renal tumors may not impact overall survival in patients aged 75 years or olderBrian R Lane
Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Cancer 116:3119-26. 2010....
- The efficacy of the novel dual PI3-kinase/mTOR inhibitor NVP-BEZ235 compared with rapamycin in renal cell carcinomaDaniel C Cho
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:3628-38. 2010....
- Obesity, hypertension, and the risk of kidney cancer in menW H Chow
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 7240, USA
N Engl J Med 343:1305-11. 2000..Obesity and hypertension have been implicated as risk factors for the development of renal-cell cancer...
- Up-regulation of microRNA-21 correlates with lower kidney cancer survivalMohd Saif Zaman
Department of Urology, San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center and University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e31060. 2012..MicroRNA-21 is up-regulated in a variety of cancers like, breast, colorectal, lung, head and neck etc. However, the regulation of miR-21 in renal cell carcinoma (RCC) has not yet been studied systematically...
- Identification of a microRNA panel for clear-cell kidney cancerDavid Juan
Department of Pathology, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Urology 75:835-41. 2010..Mounting evidence suggests that microRNAs are key players in essential cellular processes and that their expression pattern can serve as diagnostic biomarkers for cancerous tissues...
- Relationship between exposure to sunitinib and efficacy and tolerability endpoints in patients with cancer: results of a pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic meta-analysisBrett E Houk
Pfizer Inc, Global Research and Development, 10578 Science Center Drive, CB1, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 66:357-71. 2010....
- Phase II study of axitinib in sorafenib-refractory metastatic renal cell carcinomaBrian I Rini
Department of Solid Tumor Oncology and Urology, Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Institute, 9500 Euclid Ave, Desk R35, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:4462-8. 2009....
- MicroRNA profiling of clear cell renal cell carcinoma by whole-genome small RNA deep sequencing of paired frozen and formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue specimensLihong Weng
Department of Pathology, City of Hope National Medical Center and Beckman Research Institute, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
J Pathol 222:41-51. 2010..To our knowledge, this is the first study to demonstrate that FFPE specimens can be used reliably for miRNA deep-sequencing analysis, making future large-scale clinical cohort/trial-based studies possible...
- Identifying mRNA targets of microRNA dysregulated in cancer: with application to clear cell Renal Cell CarcinomaHuiqing Liu
BioMaPS Institute, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
BMC Syst Biol 4:51. 2010..Putative mRNA targets of microRNA identified from seed sequence matches are available in many databases. However, such matches have a high false positive rate and cannot identify tissue specificity of regulation...
- Sunitinib: from rational design to clinical efficacyLaura Q M Chow
Department of Medical Oncology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:884-96. 2007....
- Validation of CRP as prognostic marker for renal cell carcinoma in a large series of patientsSandra Steffens
Department of Urology, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Str, 1, D 30625, Hannover, Germany
BMC Cancer 12:399. 2012..To evaluate the prognostic significance of the pre-operative C-reactive protein (CRP) serum level in patients with renal cell cancer (RCC)...
- Randomized study of autologous cytokine-induced killer cell immunotherapy in metastatic renal carcinomaLiang Liu
Department of Biotherapy, Tianjin Medical University Cancer Institute and Hospital, Tampa, FL, USA
Clin Cancer Res 18:1751-9. 2012..This prospectively randomized study was conducted to evaluate the effects of autologous CIK cell immunotherapy in patients with metastatic clear cell RCCs...
- Bevacizumab plus interferon alfa-2a for treatment of metastatic renal cell carcinoma: a randomised, double-blind phase III trialBernard Escudier
Department of Medicine, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Lancet 370:2103-11. 2007..Therefore, an investigation of the combination treatment of the humanised anti-VEGF monoclonal antibody bevacizumab with interferon alfa was warranted...
- Antitumor activity and biomarker analysis of sunitinib in patients with bevacizumab-refractory metastatic renal cell carcinomaBrian I Rini
Department of Solid Tumor Oncology and Urology, Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Institute, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Desk R35, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:3743-8. 2008..To assess the safety and efficacy of sunitinib in patients with bevacizumab-refractory metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC) and explore biomarkers for sunitinib response...
- GATA5 CpG island methylation in renal cell cancer: a potential biomarker for metastasis and disease progressionInga Peters
Department of Urology, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Hannover, Germany
BJU Int 110:E144-52. 2012....
- The genetic basis of kidney cancer: a metabolic diseaseW Marston Linehan
Urologic Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 1107, USA
Nat Rev Urol 7:277-85. 2010..Targeting the fundamental metabolic abnormalities in kidney cancer provides a unique opportunity for the development of more-effective forms of therapy for this disease...
- Micro-RNA profiling in kidney and bladder cancersFedra Gottardo
Department of Urology, Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Urol Oncol 25:387-92. 2007..To study the role of the micro-RNAs in human kidney and bladder cancer, we analyzed the expression profile of 245 micro-RNAs in kidney and bladder primary tumors...
- Comparison of 1,800 laparoscopic and open partial nephrectomies for single renal tumorsInderbir S Gill
Glickman Urological Institute, Department of Quantitative Health Sciences, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Urol 178:41-6. 2007..We compared early postoperative outcomes in 1,800 patients undergoing open partial nephrectomy by experienced surgeons with the initial experience with laparoscopic partial nephrectomy in patients with a single renal tumor 7 cm or less...
- Sorafenib (BAY 43-9006) inhibits tumor growth and vascularization and induces tumor apoptosis and hypoxia in RCC xenograft modelsYong S Chang
Department of Protein Therapeutics, Bayer Research Center, Bayer HealthCare, Pharmaceuticals, 400 Morgan Lane, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 59:561-74. 2007..The effect of sorafenib on tumor growth and tumor histology was assessed in both ectopic and orthotopic mouse models of RCC...
- 2004 WHO classification of the renal tumors of the adultsAntonio Lopez-Beltran
Department of Pathology, Reina Sofia University Hospital and Cordoba University Medical School, Cordoba, Spain
Eur Urol 49:798-805. 2006..The recently introduced 2004 World Health Organisation (WHO) classification of the adult renal epithelial neoplasms is meant to replace the previous 1998 WHO classification...
- Integrated profiling of microRNAs and mRNAs: microRNAs located on Xq27.3 associate with clear cell renal cell carcinomaLiang Zhou
The Key Laboratory of Stem Cell Biology, Guangdong and Shenzhen Key Laboratory of Male Reproductive Medicine and Genetics, Institute of Urology, Peking University Shenzhen Hospital, Shenzhen PKU HKUST Medical Center, Shenzhen, China
PLoS ONE 5:e15224. 2010..The purpose of this study was to systematically profile the expression of both mRNA and miRNA genes in clear cell renal cell carcinoma (ccRCC) using massively parallel sequencing technology...
- Genetic variations in microRNA-related genes are associated with survival and recurrence in patients with renal cell carcinomaJie Lin
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Carcinogenesis 31:1805-12. 2010..Future investigation in larger populations and functional characterizations are necessary to validate these results...
- HIF-alpha effects on c-Myc distinguish two subtypes of sporadic VHL-deficient clear cell renal carcinomaJohn D Gordan
Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Cancer Cell 14:435-46. 2008..These reproducible distinctions in ccRCC behavior delineate HIF-alpha effects on c-Myc in vivo and suggest molecular criteria for selecting targeted therapies...
- Carbonic anhydrase 9 in clear cell renal cell carcinoma: a marker for diagnosis, prognosis and treatmentJacques Tostain
Department of Urology Andrology, University Jean Monnet, Teaching Hospital, Saint Etienne, France
Eur J Cancer 46:3141-8. 2010..Targeting CA9 by inhibitors, radioimmunotherapy, monoclonal antibodies or vaccination is promising and offers new avenues for clinical research...
- Pretreatment neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio as an independent predictor of recurrence in patients with nonmetastatic renal cell carcinomaYoshio Ohno
Department of Urology, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
J Urol 184:873-8. 2010..We investigated the prognostic significance of the neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio to predict recurrence in patients with nonmetastatic renal cell carcinoma...
- Improved identification of von Hippel-Lindau gene alterations in clear cell renal tumorsMichael L Nickerson
Transgenomic, Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:4726-34. 2008..Identify relationships between the prevalence of VHL gene alterations and alteration subtypes with patient and tumor characteristics...
- Surveillance after radical or partial nephrectomy for localized renal cell carcinoma and management of recurrent diseaseNicolette K Janzen
Department of Urology, University of California at Los Angeles School of Medicine, 10833 Le Conte Avenue, CHS 66 118, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1738, USA
Urol Clin North Am 30:843-52. 2003..Factors including patient comorbidities and patient willingness to pursue aggressive management in the event of recurrence may alter the follow-up for each individual...
- Germline mutations in FH predispose to dominantly inherited uterine fibroids, skin leiomyomata and papillary renal cell cancerIan P M Tomlinson
Molecular and Population Genetics Laboratory, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, 44, Lincoln s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PX, UK
Nat Genet 30:406-10. 2002..Our results provide clues to the pathogenesis of fibroids and emphasize the importance of mutations of housekeeping and mitochondrial proteins in the pathogenesis of common types of tumor...
- A randomized trial of bevacizumab, an anti-vascular endothelial growth factor antibody, for metastatic renal cancerJames C Yang
Surgery Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
N Engl J Med 349:427-34. 2003..We conducted a clinical trial to evaluate bevacizumab, a neutralizing antibody against vascular endothelial growth factor, in patients with metastatic renal-cell carcinoma...
- The R.E.N.A.L. nephrometry score: a comprehensive standardized system for quantitating renal tumor size, location and depthAlexander Kutikov
Department of Urological Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
J Urol 182:844-53. 2009..We have developed and propose a standardized nephrometry scoring system (R.E.N.A.L. Nephrometry Score) to quantify the anatomical characteristics of renal masses on computerized tomography/magnetic resonance imaging...
- Are small renal tumors harmless? Analysis of histopathological features according to tumors 4 cm or less in diameterMesut Remzi
Department of Urology, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
J Urol 176:896-9. 2006..This assumption is mainly based on the low tendency to increase in size on serial imaging studies, but histopathological parameters of progression in larger patient series are scant...
- The role of the Birt-Hogg-Dubé protein in mTOR activation and renal tumorigenesisT R Hartman
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Oncogene 28:1594-604. 2009....
- Single nucleotide polymorphism associations with response and toxic effects in patients with advanced renal-cell carcinoma treated with first-line sunitinib: a multicentre, observational, prospective studyJesus Garcia-Donas
Hospital Universitario Fundacion Alcorcon, Alcorcon, Spain
Lancet Oncol 12:1143-50. 2011..Because there are no validated molecular predictors of response or toxicity to sunitinib, we aimed to identify genetic markers predictive of outcome and toxic effects...
- Rising incidence of small renal masses: a need to reassess treatment effectJohn M Hollingsworth
Michigan Urology Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 98:1331-4. 2006..The fact that increased detection and treatment of small tumors is not reducing mortality argues for a reassessment of the current treatment paradigm...
- Isolation and characterization of a zinc finger polypeptide gene at the human chromosome 11 Wilms' tumor locusK M Call
Center for Cancer Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139
Cell 60:509-20. 1990..The genetic localization of this gene, its tissue-specific expression, and the function predicted from its sequence lead us to suggest that it represents the 11p13 Wilms' tumor gene...
- An antioxidant response phenotype shared between hereditary and sporadic type 2 papillary renal cell carcinomaAikseng Ooi
Laboratory of Cancer Genetics, Van Andel Research Institute, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, USA
Cancer Cell 20:511-23. 2011..AKR1B10 overexpression is also a prominent feature in both hereditary and sporadic PRCC2. This phenotype better explains the similarities between hereditary and sporadic PRCC2...
- Solid renal tumors: an analysis of pathological features related to tumor sizeIgor Frank
Department of Urology, Mayo Medical School and Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
J Urol 170:2217-20. 2003..We examined the relationship between tumor size and malignancy among solid renal tumors, and the relationship between tumor size and RCC subtype within tumors with renal cell carcinoma (RCC)...
- Hypertension as a biomarker of efficacy in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma treated with sunitinibBrian I Rini
Department of Solid Tumor Oncology, Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Institute, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 103:763-73. 2011..We evaluated the association of sunitinib-induced HTN with antitumor efficacy and HTN-associated adverse events in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma...
- The von Hippel-Lindau tumor suppressor protein and clear cell renal carcinomaWilliam G Kaelin
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:680s-684s. 2007....
- MicroRNA profiling of human kidney cancer subtypesDavid Petillo
Laboratory of Cancer Genetics, Van Andel Research Institute, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, USA
Int J Oncol 35:109-14. 2009....
- Role of hypoxia-inducible factor (HIF)-1alpha versus HIF-2alpha in the regulation of HIF target genes in response to hypoxia, insulin-like growth factor-I, or loss of von Hippel-Lindau function: implications for targeting the HIF pathwayVeronica A Carroll
Cell Growth Regulation and Angiogenesis Laboratory, Cancer Research UK Centre for Cancer Therapeutics, Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 66:6264-70. 2006..Our data have important implications for how we target the HIF pathway therapeutically...
- Partial nephrectomy versus radical nephrectomy in patients with small renal tumors--is there a difference in mortality and cardiovascular outcomes?William C Huang
Department of Urology, New York University Medical Center, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
J Urol 181:55-61; discussion 61-2. 2009..We analyzed a population based cohort of patients to determine whether radical nephrectomy is associated with an increase in cardiovascular events and mortality compared with partial nephrectomy...
- Characterization of novel antisense HIF-1α transcripts in human cancersDavide Bertozzi
Department of Biochemistry G Moruzzi, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Cell Cycle 10:3189-97. 2011..Altogether, our findings may suggest a novel function of 5'aHIF-1α in membrane transport that may regulate the cancer-relevant HIF-1α pathway...
- The VHL-dependent regulation of microRNAs in renal cancerCalida S Neal
Renal Unit, School of Medicine, Flinders University, Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide, Australia
BMC Med 8:64. 2010..Given the central role of VHL in renal cancer formation, we examined the VHL-dependent regulation of miRNAs in renal cancer...
- MicroRNAs and their target gene networks in renal cell carcinomaMartina Redova
Masaryk Memorial Cancer Institute, Department of Comprehensive Cancer Care, Brno, Czech Republic
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 405:153-6. 2011..In this review, we summarize the current knowledge of miRNA functions in renal cell carcinoma with an emphasis on miRNAs potential to serve as a powerful biomarker of disease and a novel therapeutic target in oncology...
- Accurate molecular classification of kidney cancer subtypes using microRNA signatureYoussef M Youssef
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Eur Urol 59:721-30. 2011..Renal cell carcinoma (RCC) encompasses different histologic subtypes. Distinguishing between the subtypes is usually made by morphologic assessment, which is not always accurate...
- Sunitinib rechallenge in metastatic renal cell carcinoma patientsIvan N Zama
Department of Solid Tumor Oncology, Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Institute, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Cancer 116:5400-6. 2010....
- Signaling pathways in renal cell carcinomaGowrishankar Banumathy
Department of Surgical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 10:658-64. 2010..This review summarizes the state of knowledge about signaling pathways in RCC and discusses the known genetic and epigenetic alterations that underlie dysregulation of these pathways...
- Arginase, prostaglandins, and myeloid-derived suppressor cells in renal cell carcinomaAugusto C Ochoa
Stanley S Scott Cancer Center and Department of Pediatrics, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, 533 Bolivar Street, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:721s-726s. 2007..Preliminary data suggest that prostaglandin E(2) produced by the tumor induces arginase I expression in MDSC. Therefore, blocking MDSC activity may enhance the therapeutic efficacy of immunotherapy in RCC...
- Sunitinib inhibition of Stat3 induces renal cell carcinoma tumor cell apoptosis and reduces immunosuppressive cellsHong Xin
Divisions of Cancer Immunotherapeutics and Tumor Immunology, Beckman Research Institute and City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center, Duarte, California, USA
Cancer Res 69:2506-13. 2009..These results suggest that Stat3 activity is important for RCC response to sunitinib, and Stat3 inhibition permits the direct proapoptotic activity of sunitinib on tumor cells and positive effects on tumor immunologic microenvironment...
- Genome-wide association study of renal cell carcinoma identifies two susceptibility loci on 2p21 and 11q13.3Mark P Purdue
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department Health and Human Services, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Nat Genet 43:60-5. 2011..31 for rs4765623, which maps to SCARB1, the scavenger receptor class B, member 1 gene (P = 2.6 × 10⁻⁸). Our study reports previously unidentified genomic regions associated with RCC risk that may lead to new etiological insights...
- Germline and somatic mutations in the tyrosine kinase domain of the MET proto-oncogene in papillary renal carcinomasL Schmidt
Intramural Research Support Program, SAIC Frederick, MD, USA
Nat Genet 16:68-73. 1997..The results suggest that missense mutations located in the MET proto-oncogene lead to constitutive activation of the MET protein and papillary renal carcinomas...
- Axitinib treatment in patients with cytokine-refractory metastatic renal-cell cancer: a phase II studyOlivier Rixe
Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, University of Paris, Paris, France
Lancet Oncol 8:975-84. 2007..We aimed to assess the activity and safety of axitinib in patients with metastatic renal-cell cancer who had failed on previous cytokine-based treatment...
- Phase II trial of bevacizumab and everolimus in patients with advanced renal cell carcinomaJohn D Hainsworth
Sarah Cannon Research Institute, 3322 West End Ave, Suite 900, Nashville, TN 37203, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:2131-6. 2010..To evaluate the efficacy and toxicity of the combination of bevacizumab, an angiogenesis inhibitor, and everolimus, an mTOR inhibitor, in the treatment of patients with advanced clear cell renal carcinoma...
- The natural history of observed enhancing renal masses: meta-analysis and review of the world literatureSam N Chawla
Department of Urologic Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
J Urol 175:425-31. 2006..Data on the natural history of untreated enhancing renal lesions is limited but could serve as a decision making resource for patients and physicians. We examined available data on the natural history of observed solid renal masses...
- Carbonic anhydrase IX in renal cell carcinoma: implications for prognosis, diagnosis, and therapyAlexander B Stillebroer
Department of Urology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur Urol 58:75-83. 2010..The clinical management of patients with renal cell carcinoma (RCC) remains difficult, and the development of new diagnostic, prognostic, and therapeutic tools is still required...
- Homozygous loss of BHD causes early embryonic lethality and kidney tumor development with activation of mTORC1 and mTORC2Yukiko Hasumi
Urologic Oncology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:18722-7. 2009....
- C-reactive protein is an informative predictor of renal cell carcinoma-specific mortality: a European study of 313 patientsPierre I Karakiewicz
Cancer Prognostics and Health Outcomes Unit, University of Montreal Health Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cancer 110:1241-7. 2007..It was hypothesized that CRP can improve the prognostic ability of standard RCC-specific mortality (RCC-SM) predictors in patients treated with nephrectomy for all stages of RCC...
- 7-year oncological outcomes after laparoscopic and open partial nephrectomyBrian R Lane
Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Urol 183:473-9. 2010..Long-term outcomes of laparoscopic partial nephrectomy are pending. We present the long-term outcomes of patients undergoing laparoscopic or open partial nephrectomy for a single cT1 renal cortical tumor 7 cm or less...
- The miR-17-92 cluster is over expressed in and has an oncogenic effect on renal cell carcinomaTsz fung F Chow
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Keenan Research Centre, Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Urol 183:743-51. 2010..We also elucidated the role of miRNA in clear cell renal cell carcinoma pathogenesis with bioinformatics...
- Safety and efficacy of sunitinib for metastatic renal-cell carcinoma: an expanded-access trialMartin E Gore
Royal Marsden Hospital NHS Trust, London, UK
Lancet Oncol 10:757-63. 2009..The primary objective of this trial was to provide sunitinib on a compassionate-use basis to trial-ineligible patients with RCC from countries where regulatory approval had not been granted...
- Laparoscopic partial nephrectomy for renal tumor: duplicating open surgical techniquesInderbir S Gill
Section of Laparoscopic and Minimally Invasive Surgery, Urological Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Urol 167:469-7; discussion 475-6. 2002..We describe our technique of and single institutional experience with purely laparoscopic partial nephrectomy for renal tumor, wherein the focus is to duplicate established open techniques of oncologic nephron sparing surgery...
- Tumor biology and prognostic factors in renal cell carcinomaDavid S Finley
Institute of Urologic Oncology, UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095 1738, USA
Oncologist 16:4-13. 2011..The discovery of prognostic factors and development of comprehensive nomograms to stratify patient risk and predictive biomarkers to facilitate individualized treatment selection and predict patient response to therapy also are reviewed...
- Identification of novel target genes by an epigenetic reactivation screen of renal cancerInmaculada Ibanez de Caceres
Departments of Surgical Oncology and Pathology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Cancer Res 66:5021-8. 2006....
- Biomarkers predicting outcome in patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma: Results from sorafenib phase III Treatment Approaches in Renal Cancer Global Evaluation TrialCarol Pena
Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals, Montville, New Jersey 07045 1000, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:4853-63. 2010....
- Sutureless Laparoscopic Partial Nephrectomy Using Laser Tissue Welding: PreclinicYasmin Wadia; Fiscal Year: 2013..Fibro-optic capable: Minimally invasive laparoscopic &robotic applications. ..
- Brain tumors with regulatory T-cells treated with EGFRvIII-specific T-cellsJohn H Sampson; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Gene-engineered adoptive T cell immunotherapy of GBMLaura A Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2012..Using genetic engineering we plan to redirect GBM patients'own T cells to target and destroy their cancer as an active immune therapy. ..
- Novel multivalent/multifunctional agents derived from a humanized anti-insulin-liThomas M Cardillo; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- EGFRvIII-targeted Bispecific T cell Engagers for brain tumorsJohn H Sampson; Fiscal Year: 2013..Overall, this work has the potential to improve the clinical management of patients with GBM by generating a novel therapeutic. ..
- Role of hsnf5/BAF47 Loss in Human Cancer DevelopmentBernard E Weissman; Fiscal Year: 2012..By doing these studies, we will broaden our understanding of its normal biological and biochemical activities and identify new avenues of treatment for this highly aggressive tumor. ..
- Analysis of Somatic Mutations in Cancer of the KidneyWAYNE VEDECKIS; Fiscal Year: 2005..B) Is there a correlation between other suspected risk factors, hypertension and obesity, and p53 gene mutation prevalence and spectrum? (C) Is there a correlation between survival and p53 gene mutation prevalence and spectrum? ..
- ROLE OF TGF BETA 1 IN RENAL CANCERS Karumanchi; Fiscal Year: 2004..New methodologies the applicant will learn include RNA gel shifts, RNase protection assays, UV crosslinking, mutagenesis, mutation analysis, animal work and immunohistochemistry. ..
- THREE VHL TUMOR SUPPRESSOR TARGETS IN RENAL CANCERVikas Sukhatme; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Therapeutic Modulation of COX-2-induced Immunosuppression in Metastatic RCCBrian Rini; Fiscal Year: 2008..This project will have broad implications for the immunoregulation of cancer and how expression and modulation of COX-2 expression influences the immune response to cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CLINICAL TRIALS AND MENTORING IN ONCOLOGY RESEARCHRobert Motzer; Fiscal Year: 2003..One recently joined staff at MSKCC in the Genito-urinary Section. Mentoring of clinical trials is extended beyond fellowship to junior faculty members. ..
- Molecular Basis Of Renal Cell Carcinoma Response to SU11428Robert J Motzer; Fiscal Year: 2011..These tumor and cell line-based studies lay a foundation for further molecular studies aimed at understanding the sensitivity/resistance of RCC to SU11248. ..
- ITEM BANKING AND CAT FOR QUALITY OF LIFE OUTCOMESDavid Cella; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will also monitor treatment/management changes, and evaluate acceptability of computer assessments and the perceived benefits of the recommendations. ..
- Epigenetic Potentiation of Interferon using DecitabineWolfram Samlowski; Fiscal Year: 2008..Additional experiments will evaluate interferon signaling and DNA damage response pathways in normal and neoplastic cells. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Using Synthetic Lethality to Select Cancer Drug TargetsWilliam Kaelin; Fiscal Year: 2005..Moreover, they may establish a new paradigm for the selection of anticancer drug targets based on inactivating mutations of TSG. ..
- Influence of Uncertainty and Communication on AdjustmentPATRICIA PARKER; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed K07 Research Award would allow Dr. Parker to transition into an independent researcher in cancer prevention with a focus on psycho-oncology and physician-patient communication. ..
- Communication Between Patients and their ProvidersPATRICIA PARKER; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Metabolic and Epidemiologic Evaluation of Choline and Betaine IntakeEunyoung Cho; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Functional and Tissue Specific Effects of VHL MutationsWENDY RATHMELL; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Evaluation of Biological Relevance of Choline IntakeEunyoung Cho; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results from the proposed grant will enhance understanding of the role of choline intake in humans and lay the groundwork for future studies on choline intake and overall methyl-group-deficient diet and cancer. ..
- Lung Cancer Chemoradiation: Predictors of SurvivalXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2009..This multivariate prognostic study could have long-term prognostic potential by allowing greater individualization of therapy, based on the genetic makeup of the patient, thereby both increasing efficacy and reducing morbidity. ..
- Regulation of Cell Function by Intermittent HypoxiaMARIA CZYZYK KRZESKA; Fiscal Year: 2007..3) We will determine the role of proline hydroxylation in Rpb1 ubiquitination by VHL and measure the effects of IH and oxidative stress on proline hydroxylation in brain extracts from exposed animals, and in PC12 cells. ..
- Genomic Instability and Etiology of Estrogen OncogenesisJonathan Li; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Functional Infrared Imaging Predicts Radiation MucositisEzra Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2008..Such a tool would have wide applicability in this patient population and would have tremendous impact on their treatment. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Quantitative HOX Expression as Prognostic Marker in AMLHarry Drabkin; Fiscal Year: 2006..Rather, they are integrally involved in the pathogenesis of acute leukemia in both mice and man. Thus, their analysis provides insight into the disease process, and its heterogeneity, while providing new important prognostic information...
- Hypoxia VHL nad HIF in Renal Tumor DevelopmentVolker Haase; Fiscal Year: 2008..Ultimately they have the potential to create a murine model of VHL associated renal tumors. ..
- PRESURGICAL STRESS REDUCTION MENTAL HEALTH AND CANCERLorenzo Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2002..We hypothesize that pre-surgical stress management will reduce the negative impact of RP assessed by psychological, physiological, and quality of life measures. ..
- The Coronary Screening for Kidney Transplantation (COST) StudyBertram Kasiske; Fiscal Year: 2008..The money spent on these procedures might be better directed to health care measures of proven efficacy. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Markers of Genetic Susceptibility to Bladder CancerXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2008..The ability to rapidly screen individuals for risk, using minimally invasive procedures (blood samples), has immense clinical implication, such as intensive screening and chemopreventive interventions. ..
- DNA Replication Fork: Pausing, Recombination and DiseaseJohn Bissler; Fiscal Year: 2007..By understanding the effects of these sequences on the fidelity of DNA replication, therapeutic inroads into delaying disease onset can be made. ..
- QUANTITATIVE CARCINOGENESIS IN CULTURED EPITHELIAL CELLSMolly Kulesz Martin; Fiscal Year: 2002..Knowledge of different functional p53 protein forms in cells and cooperating factors may improve the resolution, prognosis or treatment plan for human tumors with selective loss of distinct p53 functions. ..
- Novel Proapoptotic BH3-only Proteins in Cancer ApoptosisChien An Hu; Fiscal Year: 2009..Deciphering functions of the novel BH3-only proteins and their interacting molecules should enhance our understanding, and potential utilization, of BH3-only proteins and lipid-mediated apoptosis in treatment of cancer. ..
- Targets of Immune-Mediated Tumor DestructionGlenn Dranoff; Fiscal Year: 2009..Determine whether vaccination with the murine homologs of these antigens can stimulate protective immunity against challenge with murine melanoma cells. ..
- Biobehavioral Effects of Yoga During Cancer TreatmentLorenzo Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- NATIONAL WILMS TUMOR STUDY -5Daniel Green; Fiscal Year: 2003..The survival of most children treated for WT allows the study of genetic and treatment factors associated with the etiology of the disease and/or the occurrence of complications of therapy. ..
- Mechanisms of SPAF and AS-FGF-2 in malignant conversionMolly Kulesz Martin; Fiscal Year: 2005..The characterization of this bi-directional gene may provide useful prognosis markers as well as new targets for cancer therapy. ..
- Live Unrelated Kidney Donor & Sibling Follow-up StudyBertram Kasiske; Fiscal Year: 2005..Altogether, this study will provide useful information that will improve the informed consent for living kidney donors and enhance our knowledge of the role of the kidney, if any, in CVD. ..
- GENETIC INFLUENCE ON MUTAGEN SENSITIVITY--A TWIN STUDYXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2004..Additionally, these potential biomarkers may ultimately be used to identify individuals who should be targeted for more intense screening programs or behavior modification interventions. ..
- LOCOREGIONAL GENE THERAPY FOR CANCER METASTASESThomas Gardner; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- International Center of TCM for CancerLorenzo Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Biobehavioral Effects of Emotional Expression in CancerLorenzo Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2006..The effects of the intervention should be evident throughout recovery and across indices of quality of life, mental health, subjective symptoms of stress, and immune function. ..
- MOLECULAR-GENETIC ANALYSIS OF 3P14 GENOMIC STABILITYHarry Drabkin; Fiscal Year: 2006..Lastly, because wt DTrc8 induces Minute-like phenotypes in adult sensory hairs, the MPN domains of eIF3h and eIF3f will be tested for interactions and further characterized if positive. ..
- Smoking Cessation for Young Adults who Binge DrinkSTEVEN AMES; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- TIME RELATED FACTORS IN CANCER EPIDEMIOLOGYBryan Langholz; Fiscal Year: 2006..The impact of these projects is to expand the design and analysis "tools"' available to epidemiologic research in a way that will improve validity and cost-efficiency. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Utility of Rapamycin for the Treatment of Renal Angiomy*John Bissler; Fiscal Year: 2004..Successful completion of the aim of this study will help to establish tuberous sclerosis as a valuable model for targeted molecular therapy for neoplasia. ..
- Rapamycin as an Antineoplastic AgentEzra Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2006..At the conclusion of the trial RAPA toxicity and effect on p-S6K will be defined over a range of doses as well as the MTD for use in future studies that will develop this agent. ..
- CSF DEFICIENCY AND ANTITUMOR IMMUNITYGlenn Dranoff; Fiscal Year: 2004..3). To develop strategies for reconstituting tumor defense in mice deficient in GM-CSF, IL-3, and IFN-gamma. ..
- 4th International Symposium on Hormonal CarcinogenesisJonathan Li; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- 5th International Symposium on Hormonal CarcinogenesisJonathan Li; Fiscal Year: 2006..Area 4: Hormone Dependency and Independency. e) In prostate, breast and uterine cancer, Session 6. As in the past, a book will be published of the presentations. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- COMPUTER AIDED STRESS REDUCTION, MENTAL HEALTH & CANCERLorenzo Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- REGULATION OF GENE EXPRESSION BY OXYGENMARIA CZYZYK KRZESKA; Fiscal Year: 2005..An understanding of the physiological role of pVhl in regulation of gene expression during hypoxia will provide much needed information on how O2-sensitive cells respond and adapt to hypoxia. ..
- Phase I Study of ALT-801 in Metastatic Melanoma/Kidney Cancer PatientsMayer Fishman; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Genetic Susceptibility Modifiers in Renal Cell CarcinomaXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such individuals may then be targeted for intervention programs such as chemoprevention or dietary modification. ..
- MINORITY PREDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMNelson Salas; Fiscal Year: 2005..Based on these experiments, a thermo-optical model will be developed to calculate optimal laser treatment parameters to safely and efficiently produce the desired temperature distribution. ..
- TRAIL-induced apoptosis in prostate cancerChristina Voelkel Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2008..The toxicity and effectiveness of AdARR2PBTRAIL alone or in combination with doxorubicin will also be tested in subcutaneous xenografts in athymic mice. ..
- Type II TGF Beta Receptor and RCC ProgressionAlexander Parker; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A Luciferase Fusion Protein Library to Identify & Monitor Ubiquitylation TargetsWilliam Kaelin; Fiscal Year: 2008..Reisolation of HIF in aims 2 and 3 would constitute proof of concept with respect to the potential utility of this approach. ..
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS OF APOPTOLIDINK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed work is expected to have significant impact in the area of cancer chemotherapy and should provide enabling technologies and tools for biology and medicine. ..
- MTOR as a Therapeutic Target in Childhood CancerPeter Houghton; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..