Summary: The sciences dealing with processes observable in nature.
Publications215 found, 100 shown here
- [A consideration of the relation between psychiatric knowledge and natural science]Arinobu Hori
Department of Psychiatry, Tokyo University Hospital
Seishin Shinkeigaku Zasshi 104:595-603. 2002..In psychiatric practice, we can never rely on one definitive theory; but must rather adopt an appropriate theory to solve an appropriate problem...
- Kant on the history of nature: the ambiguous heritage of the critical philosophy for natural historyPhillip R Sloan
Program in History and Philosophy of Science Program of Liberal Studies, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556, USA
Stud Hist Philos Biol Biomed Sci 37:627-48. 2006....
- [Postal communications: medicine in the correspondence of Johann Jakob Scheuchzer (1672--1733)]Michael Kempe
Max Planck Institut für europäische Rechtsgeschichte, Hausener Weg 120, D 60489 Frankfurt am Main
Gesnerus 61:177-97. 2004..The international correspondence network of Scheuchzer can be seen as a crucial "multiplicator" of communication within the scientific community...
- Alexander von Humboldt: a revolutionary explorerPatricia Fara
Clare College, Cambridge CB2 1TL, UK
Endeavour 32:3-4. 2008..Although this image pervades British perceptions, political movements have fashioned different heroic versions of Humboldt in Germany and South America...
- Recent NASA research accomplishments aboard the ISSNeal R Pellis
Office of Biological and Physical Research OBPR, International Space Station ISS, National Aeronautics and Space Administration NASA Headquarters, Washington, DC, USA
Acta Astronaut 55:589-98. 2004....
- Science at a crossroadsWilliam B Bonvillian
Office of Senator Lieberman, Hart Senate Office Building, Washington, DC, USA
FASEB J 16:915-21. 2002..While a decentralized model has value, we must also consider new approaches that encourage deeper cooperation across science sectors and agencies...
- ["Dieu et cerveau, rien que Dieu et cerveau!" Johann Gottfried von Herder (1744-1803) and the neurosciences of this time]Frank Stahnisch
Institut für Geschichte, Theorie und Ethik der Medizin, Mainz
Wurzbg Medizinhist Mitt 26:211-48. 2007..attractiveness of this concept to both basic brain research and clinical neurology was a result of his anthropological approach which combined latest developments in the natural sciences with a central perspective on the human sciences.
- The tail end of the moth: clarifying species boundariesKristin Johnson
Center for Biology and Society, School of Life Sciences, PO Box 874701, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287 4701, USA
Endeavour 28:161-6. 2004..It also depended on refining the priorities of a natural history community that worked according to diverse means, priorities and methods during a tumultuous century...
- [Rokitansky and the Vienna Medical School--from the philosophy of nature to natural science]Roland Sedivy
Klinisches Institut für Pathologie, Medizinische Universität Wien, Wien, Osterreich
Wien Med Wochenschr 154:443-53. 2004..This jubilee essay aims at outlining this development particularly with regard to the Vienna Medical School before and after Rokitansky...
- The problematisation of existence: towards a philosophy of complexityKurt Richardson
Institute for the Study of Coherence and Emergence, 127 Plymouth Drive, Suite 2B, Norwood, MA 02062, USA
Nonlinear Dynamics Psychol Life Sci 8:17-40. 2004....
- Research progress and accomplishments on International Space StationLesa B Roe
ISS Payloads Office, NASA Johnson Space Center, Houston, TX 77058, USA
Acta Astronaut 53:665-80. 2003..Future years will see expansion of the station with research modules provided by the European Space Agency and Japan, which will be outfitted with additional research racks...
- The 'physical prophet' and the powers of the imagination. Part II: a case-study on dowsing and the naturalisation of the moral, 1685-1710Koen Vermeir
Institute of Philosophy, University of Leuven, Kard Mercierplein 2, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Stud Hist Philos Biol Biomed Sci 36:1-24. 2005..The debate evolved around the questions whether moral states could be naturalised and whether subtle material vapours could have moral qualities...
- Naturalising purpose: from comparative anatomy to the 'adventure of reason'Philippe Huneman
Institut d Histoire et de Philosophie des Sciences et des Techniques CNRS, 13 rue du Four, 75006 Paris, France
Stud Hist Philos Biol Biomed Sci 37:649-74. 2006....
- Kant on biological teleology: Towards a two-level interpretationMarcel Quarfood
Department of Media, Art and Philosophy, Sodertorn University College, SE 141 89 Huddinge, Sweden
Stud Hist Philos Biol Biomed Sci 37:735-47. 2006..This distinction also concerns the place of Aristotelian teleology in Kant: on the object level, the Aristotelian view is accepted, whereas on the meta level, an agnostic stance is taken concerning teleology...
- Teleology then and now: the question of Kant's relevance for contemporary controversies over function in biologyJohn Zammito
Department of History, MS42, PO Box 1892, Rice University, Houston, TX 77005, USA
Stud Hist Philos Biol Biomed Sci 37:748-70. 2006....
- Short duration microgravity experiments in physical and life sciences during parabolic flights: the first 30 ESA campaignsVladimir Pletser
Microgravity Projects Division, Manned Spaceflight and Microgravity Directorate, European Space Research and Technology Centre ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands
Acta Astronaut 55:829-54. 2004....
- [Persons, networks and institutions: on the founding of the German Society of History of Medicine and Natural Sciences]Andreas Frewer
Medizinische Hochschule Hannover Carl Neuberg Str 1, 30625 Hannover
Sudhoffs Arch 87:180-94. 2003..Sudhoff was the dominant personality then; different conceptions of the new discipline in addition to some severe conflicts are documented by newly found manuscripts and correspondences...
- Physical sciences research plans for the International Space StationE H Trinh
Physical Sciences Research Division, Office of Biological and Physical Research NASA Headquarters, Washington, DC 20546, USA
Acta Astronaut 53:317-27. 2003..The current flight investigation research plan shows a large number of principal investigators selected to use the remaining planned research facilities...
- Testing the limits of Henriques' proposal: Wittgensteinian lessons and hermeneutic dialogueBrent Slife
Brigham Young University, Provo, UT 84604, USA
J Clin Psychol 61:107-20. 2005..Instead, hermeneutic dialogue is a way of relating and unifying while preserving the integrity and identity of even incommensurable factions within a discipline...
- [Rokitansky and Virchow: throes about the scientific term of disease]Volker Becker
Wien Med Wochenschr 155:463-7. 2005..of disease became established in the 19th century and resulted in medicine becoming a branch of the natural sciences. In Vienna, the development of pathoanatomy is closely linked with the work of Carl Rokitansky, who used the ..
- From farm and family to career naturalist: the apprenticeship of Vernon BaileyRobert E Kohler
Department of History and Sociology of Science, Suite 303, Logan Hall, 249 South 36th Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6304, USA
Isis 99:28-56. 2008..Traveling and working with professional naturalists, he came to see himself as a professional as well. His socialization was less a replacement than a layering of two identities, family and career...
- [Confused Germanic blasphemy. Jacob Moleschott and materialistic medicine]Girolamo de Liguori
Physis Riv Int Stor Sci 42:235-48. 2005..the impact, especially in Italy, of the materialistic paradigm, not only in the field of medicine and of the natural sciences, but also in that of philosophy and of literature...
- Liebig, his university professor Karl Wilhelm Gottlob Kastner (1783-1857) and his problematic relation with romantic natural philosophyMartin Kirschke
Apotheke am Markt, Meine
Ambix 50:3-24. 2003..These critical statements, for which a variety of explanations are known, markedly prejudiced Kastner's reputation for posterity...
- The art of surgery in the 21st century: based on natural sciences and new ethical dimensionsH G Beger
University of Ulm, Steinhoevelstrasse 9, 89075, Ulm, Germany
Langenbecks Arch Surg 391:143-8. 2006....
- [Towards an unified theory of the universe basic forces ("the everything theory")]José Aguilar Peris
An R Acad Nac Med (Madr) 121:221-9; discussion 229-31. 2004..Only the so called superstring theory is a good candidate to overcome the incompatibility of the quantum mechanics and the general relativity, but this theory is not already achieved...
- [Historical context of parasitological studies in tropical area, malaria as an example]Elzbieta Lonc
Zakład Ekologii Drobnoustrojów i Ochrony Srodowiska, Instytut Genetyki i Mikrobiologii, Uniwersytet Wrocławski, ul Przybyszewskiego 63, 51 148 Wrocław
Wiad Parazytol 53:179-87. 2007..In the years 1800-1900 the old and a new concepts were competed in the natural sciences and medicine. Near year 1900 a new way in the context of modern interpretations was brought into general use...
- [Not Available]H A Snelders
Institute for the History of Science, Utrecht
Ber Wiss 18:67-78. 1995..In the Republic there was a large amount of intellectual freedom in the study of the natural sciences, thanks to practical and ideological considerations...
- [Issues of research in medicine]Elizabeta Topic
Klinicki zavod za kemiju, Medicinskog i Farmaceutsko biokemijskog, Fakulteta Sveucilista u Zagrebu, Klinicka bolnica Sestre milosrdnice, Vinogradska 29, 10000 Zagreb, Hrvatska
Acta Med Croatica 60:5-16. 2006Research in medicine is liable to all rules and standards that apply to research in other natural sciences, since medicine as a science and service fully meets the general definition of science: it is a common, integrated, organized and ..
- Violence among peoples in the light of human frustration and aggressionBas de Gaay Fortman
Studie en Informatiecentrum Mensenrechten, SIM, Faculty of Law, Universiteit Utrecht, Janskerkhof 3, The Netherlands
Eur J Pharmacol 526:2-8. 2005..of propositions logically connected to one another is not feasible, principally because contrary to the natural sciences there are no verities but merely "stylized facts...
- [Tone psychology and music research as catalysts of experimental-scientific practice and methodology in the circle of Carl Stumpf]Sebastian Klotz
Institut für Musikwissenschaft, Universitat Leipzig, Leipzig
Ber Wiss 31:195-210. 2008..which absorbs styles of reasoning, analytical procedures and academic convictions from natural history, the natural sciences and the humanities but at the same time identifies shortcomings of these approaches that fail to grasp the ..
- Past and present of the children's electroencephalography in ToruńM Lysiak
OLK MED Clinic in Toruń, Pediatric Neurology Department, Poland
Adv Med Sci 52:197-9. 2007..organisation of the Neurophysiology and Comparative Physiology Institute at the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences of the newly created NCU...
- Bioorthogonal chemistry: applications in activity-based protein profilingLianne I Willems
Leiden Institute of Chemistry and the Netherlands Proteomics Centre, Einsteinweg 55, 2300 RA Leiden, The Netherlands
Acc Chem Res 44:718-29. 2011..The close interaction between organic chemistry and biology goes back to the late 18th century, when the modern natural sciences began to take shape...
- Comparative toxicity effect of bush tea leaves (Hyptis suaveolens) and orange peel (Citrus sinensis) oil extract on larvae of the yellow fever mosquito Aedes aegyptiA A S Amusan
Department of Biological Sciences, College of Natural Science, University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria
Tanzan Health Res Bull 7:174-8. 2005..on the larvae of the yellow fever mosquito Aedes aegypti collected from disused tyres beside College of Natural Sciences building University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Nigeria. Eight graded concentrations, 0.9ppm, 0.8ppm, 0.7ppm, 0...
- [Intellectual property in natural sciences]Tomasz Twardowski
Instytut Chemii Bioorganicznej PAN, ul Noskowskiego 12, 61 704 Poznań i Politechnika Lódzka
Postepy Biochem 54:20-3. 2008..Amendment of the Polish law to biotechnology made possible patenting of living organism and their parts. It is worth to stress that patented inventions can be used free of charge for research and teaching...
- A translational bioengineering course provides substantial gains in civic scientific literacyRebecca Richards-Kortum
Department of Bioengineering, Rice University, Keck Hall Suite 116, 6100 Main St, Houston, TX 77005, USA
Ann Biomed Eng 35:1324-32. 2007..students majoring in Biomedical Engineering (BME), the second included those majoring in Liberal Arts or Natural Sciences. Small group interviews in which students discussed science news accounts from the popular press were used to ..
- Historical change and evolutionary theoryRoger D Masters
Department of Government, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Politics Life Sci 26:46-74. 2007..reconceptualizes evolutionary biology, making it possible to go beyond the barriers separating the social and natural sciences. Corning focuses on two primary processes: "synergy" (complex multivariate interactions at multiple levels ..
- [History as politics. Medical historians in Berlin and Graz serving the NS-State]Florian Bruns
Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Abt Geschichte, Ethik und Philosophie der Medizin, Hannover
Med Ges Gesch 24:151-80. 2005..and the Nazi regime was particularly apparent at Paul Diepgen's Department for the History of Medicine and Natural Sciences at the University of Berlin...
- Psychological aspects of human cloning and genetic manipulation: the identity and uniqueness of human beingsN M Morales
New York City College of Technology, The City University of New York, Social Science Department, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA
Reprod Biomed Online 19:43-50. 2009..Psychology and other social sciences, together with the natural sciences, will need to find ways to help the healthcare system, to be prepared to face the new challenges introduced ..
- Marine and coastal environmental awareness building within the context of UNESCO's activities in Asia and the PacificMaarten W M Kuijper
IOC WESTPAC Secretariat of UNESCO, c o National Research Council Thailand, 196 Phaholyothin Road, Chatujak, 10900, Bangkok, Thailand
Mar Pollut Bull 47:265-72. 2003..agencies under the United Nations charged with the advancement and improvement of education, social and natural sciences, culture and communication...
- New perspectives in forensic anthropologyDennis C Dirkmaat
Department of Applied Forensic Sciences, Mercyhurst College, Erie, PA 16546, USA
Am J Phys Anthropol . 2008..anthropology with a new conceptual framework, which is broader, deeper, and more solidly entrenched in the natural sciences. It is argued that this new framework represents a true paradigm shift, as it modifies not only the way in ..
- [Cathedrals to sciences or temples of knowledge? The museums of natural sciences of Cordoba, Argentina, by the end of the 19th century]L Tognetti
Academia Nacional de Ciências da Argentina
Hist Cienc Saude Manguinhos 8:35-47. 2001..The strategy is to analyze the collections and find out how and why they were gathered. Two other aspects are also relevant: the human resources and the funds these institutions were granted...
- Whither Latin America? Trends and challenges of science in Latin AmericaMarcelo Hermes-Lima
Oxyradical Research Group, Depto Biologia Celular, Universidade de Brasília Brasília, DF, Brazil
IUBMB Life 59:199-210. 2007..science and engineering (S&E) awarded in Latin American countries in recent years, including those in the natural sciences. Importantly, albeit at different rates, growth has been verified in almost all countries in the region, ..
- [The role of behavioral sciences in the Hungarian and international medical education: overview and possibilities]M Kopp
Általános Orvostudományi Kar, Magatartastudomanyi Intezet, Semmelweis Egyetem, Budapest
Orv Hetil 142:2715-21. 2001..Built on the firm basis of natural sciences, the behavioural sciences complement this foundation with aspects of social sciences which emphasize the ..
- The work of Emil Kraepelin and his research group in MünchenHanns Hippius
Hospital for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Nubbaumstr 7, 80336, Munich, Germany
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 258:3-11. 2008..clinical and experimental work in different disciplines of psychiatry, including psychology, pharmacology and natural sciences as 'Hilfswissenschaften'...
- [Not Available]M Fuchs
Ber Wiss 17:201-15. 1994..social and cognitive integration of "the female" in male dominated science organisation, especially in the natural sciences and their kin fields in industry, remains problematic to-day...
- [The sick child in modern literature]Dietrich von Engelhardt
Institut für Medizin und Wissenschaftsgeschichte, Universitat zu Lubeck
NTM 14:148-61. 2006..medicine itself has a literary or artistic nature, is both "art" (ars) and "science" (scientia), combines natural sciences and humanities. The whole world of medicine has been represented in literary texts...
- [Integrated Center for Research and Treatment of Vertigo, Balance and Ocular Motor Disorders]T Brandt
Institut für Klinische Neurowissenschaften, Klinikum Grosshadern, Universitat Munchen, Marchioninistrasse 15, 81377 Munchen, Deutschland
Nervenarzt 80:875-86. 2009..of life; to offer new attractive educational paths and career images for medical doctors, students of the natural sciences and engineers in clinical research in order to overcome traditional hierarchical structures...
- 2008 - a year of three anniversaries: 125th anniversary of the Club for Natural Sciences in Fiume (Rijeka), 160th anniversary of the birth and 80th anniversary of the death of Professor Peter SalcherAna Alebic-Juretic
Teaching Institute of Public Health, Rijeka, Croatia
Acta Med Hist Adriat 7:277-88. 2009..Since founding and until 1902, Prof Peter Salcher held important positions in the Club; he founded the Röntgen Committee and the Photography Section; he himself gave 31 lectures and was editor of the German part of the Bulletin...
- Immune consequences of pediatric and adult cardiovascular surgery: report of the 7th Leipzig workshopAttila Tarnok
Pediatric Cardiology, Cardiac Center Leipzig, University of Leipzig, Germany
Cytometry B Clin Cytom 54:54-7. 2003..response to cardiovascular surgery, it is necessary to join forces from several disciplines of medicine and natural sciences. Interdisciplinarity is the basic concept of the Leipzig Workshop...
- CT of a Ptolemaic period mummy from the ancient Egyptian City of AkhmimSteve S Chan
Department of Radiology, Drexel University College of Medicine and Hahnemann University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Radiographics 28:2023-32. 2008..As part of an ongoing investigation, a mummy of Akhmimic derivation owned by the Academy of Natural Sciences in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, was scanned with a 16-detector row computed tomographic scanner...
- [Methodology, method, and quality of qualitative research]Jorg Frommer
Abteilung für Psychosomatische Medizin und Psychotherapie, Medizinische Fakultät der Otto von Guericke Universität Magdeburg
Psychother Psychosom Med Psychol 56:210-7. 2006..It comes from the lack of recognition that the human sciences, unlike the natural sciences, entail a double rather than single hermeneutic and that qualitative research methods are logically coherent ..
- How to unify knowledge. Keynote addressE O Wilson
Harvard University, Museum of Comparative Zoology, 26 Oxford Street, Cambridge, MA 02138 2902, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 935:12-7; discussion 37-8. 2001..The answer lies in the recognition that the traditional line separating the great branches of learning (natural sciences, social sciences, and humanities) is not a barrier or even a line, but rather a broad domain of poorly ..
- Origins of modern premedical educationR H Fishbein
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Acad Med 76:425-9. 2001..in medical schools, on laboratory investigation of disease processes demanded a sound introduction to the natural sciences by those who would be candidates for this type of challenging education...
- [Scientific research in France. Structures and research career]J Peries
Institut d Hematologie, Hopital Saint Louis, France
Medicina (B Aires) 60:89-94. 2000..CNRS covers all the dominions of science, including Natural Sciences, Mathematics, Biology and Medical Sciences...
- [Not Available]A Baumer-Schleinkofer
Johannes Gutenberg Universitat, Fachbereich Mathematik, Mainz, Germany
Ber Wiss 17:183-99. 1994..Besides Gesner's significant work about the animal kingdom, Aldrovandi's even more comprehensive encyclopedia can be considered an important step towards the modern natural sciences.
- Theodor Benzinger, German pioneer in high altitude physiology research and altitude protectionViktor Harsch
History and Archives Committee of the German Society for Aviation and Space Medicine DGLRM, Neubrandenburg, Germany
Aviat Space Environ Med 78:906-8. 2007..Benzinger was born in Stuttgart, Germany, on 28th August 1905. He studied medicine and natural sciences at the universities of Tuebingen, Munich, and Berlin...
- New interpretative styles: progress or contamination?: psychoanalysis and phenomenological psychopathologyMario Rossi Monti
Int J Psychoanal 86:1011-32. 2005..its procedures but refusing its theoretical basis because it is too close to that of the objectifying natural sciences. Psychoanalytic 'temptation' and phenomenological 'temptation' can thus be considered as two sides of the ..
- [Our profession--as much an art as a science--Tidsskriftet 1881 - 1906]Aina Schiøtz
Institutt for samfunnsmedisinske fag, Universitetet i Bergen
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 126:9-13. 2006..or less established as a protest against the strong theorisation of medicine and the dominant role of the natural sciences. The aim of the "founding fathers" was, through practical examples, to strengthen the art and practice of ..
- In search of the proper scientific approach: Hayek's views on biology, methodology, and the nature of economicsNaomi Beck
University of Chicago, USA
Sci Context 22:567-85. 2009..In doing so, I will first show that Hayek's interest in the natural sciences (especially biology), as well as his interest in epistemology, were central to his thought, dating back to ..
- Improving food safety in the domestic environment: the need for a transdisciplinary approachArnout R H Fischer
Social Sciences Group, Marketing and Consumer Behaviour Group, Wageningen University, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Risk Anal 25:503-17. 2005..from the perspective of the alternative discipline, although, to date, the integration of social and natural sciences has been somewhat limited...
- Academic achievement and learning abilities in left-handers: guilt or gift?Maryam Noroozian
Neurology and Electroencephalography Unit, Department of Psychiatry, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Roozbeh Hospital, Iran
Cortex 38:779-85. 2002..AR and hand preference, sex, college admission (CA), entrance exam score (EES) and study areas: Mathematics, Natural Sciences, Humanities and Art...
- [Current status and future prospects of the history medicine in Germany--dedicated to Ulrich Hadding]Alfons Labisch
Institut fur Geschichte der Medizin, Heinrich Heine Universitat Dusseldorf, Alfons Labisch
Medizinhist J 37:352-79. 2003..In its current transition from the natural sciences to the life sciences, medicine meets its boundaries not only in science and practice, but also in the ..
- Basque Museum of the History of Medicine: conservation of heritage, teaching and researchAnton Erkoreka
Medikuntza Historiako Museoa, Medikuntza Fakultatea UPV EHU, Bilbao, E
Med Secoli 21:75-90. 2009..anesthesia, endoscope, odontology, cardiology, ophthalmology, electrotherapy, pathological anatomy and natural sciences. Temporary exhibitions are also held...
- Gerota and Brâncuşi: Romanian anatomy and art face to faceA R M Chirculescu
Department of Anatomy and Embryology, Faculty of Medicine, C Davila University, Bucharest, Romania
J Anat 216:275-8. 2010..Of the other four, one is in the Museum of Arts and one in the Museum of Natural Sciences of Carol I National College in Craiova (where Gerota graduated in 1885), and one each in the Faculties of ..
- Revisiting the predictive power of thinking styles for academic performanceLi Fang Zhang
Faculty of Education, The University of Hong Kong
J Psychol 138:351-70. 2004..and humanities and that the use of the judicial style uniquely contributed to better achievement in the natural sciences. The use of the monarchic thinking style significantly predicted students' achievement in design and ..
- Developing human functioning and rehabilitation research. Part II: Interdisciplinary university centers and national and regional collaboration networksGerold Stucki
Swiss Paraplegic Research, Nottwil, Switzerland
J Rehabil Med 39:334-42. 2007..perspective can thus become a catalyst of interdisciplinary research that crosses the boundaries of the natural sciences and engineering research, the human and behavioral sciences, the social sciences and a wide range of related ..
- Paradigms and research programmes: is it time to move from health care economics to health economics?R T Edwards
Institute of Medical and Social Care Research, University of Wales, Bangor, UK
Health Econ 10:635-49. 2001..Thomas Kuhn's theory of paradigm shift and Imre Lakatos' theory of scientific research programmes in the natural sciences, favouring the latter as an explanation of the evolution of the subdiscipline of health economics...
- Personal exposure of graduate students attending the college of natural sciences or social sciences to volatile organic compounds on campusWan Kuen Jo
Department of Environmental Engineering, Kyungpook National University, Daegu 702 701, Republic of Korea
Chemosphere 81:1272-9. 2010..organic compounds (VOCs) in the personal air samples obtained from graduate students attending the college of natural sciences (GSNSs) or social science (GSSSs) during their daily activities on campus along with associated indoor and ..
- Incorrect representation of uncertainty in the modeling of growth leads to biased estimates of future biomassDenis Valle
Nicholas School of the Environment, Duke University, Levine Science Research Center, Durham, North Carolina 27708, USA
Ecol Appl 21:1031-6. 2011Biomass is a fundamental measure in the natural sciences, and numerous models have been developed to forecast timber and fishery yields, forest carbon content, and other environmental services that depend on biomass estimates...
- Medical biochemistry in Macedonia: a profession for physicians and natural scientistsS Traikovska
Department of Medical and Experimental Biochemistry, Medical Faculty, Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
Clin Chem Lab Med 39:475-7. 2001Medical biochemistry or clinical chemistry in its roots is an interdisciplinary science between natural sciences and medicine...
- A new paradigm for mentored undergraduate research in molecular microbiologySusan Carson
Biotechnology Program and Department of Plant Biology, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695, USA
CBE Life Sci Educ 6:343-9. 2007....
- Perceptual knowledge retrieval activates sensory brain regionsRobert F Goldberg
Center for Cognitive Neuroscience, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Neurosci 26:4917-21. 2006..These results indicate that retrieval of perceptual knowledge relies on brain regions used to mediate sensory experiences with the referenced objects...
- Erciyes University students' knowledge about AIDS: differences between students of natural and social scienceSultan Taşçi
Department of Medical Nursing, Erciyes University, Ataturk School of Health, Kayseri, Turkey
Behav Med 33:151-5. 2008..Some differences in knowledge about AIDS (eg, regarding the virus that causes AIDS, the diagnostic test, risk factors) existed between NS and SS students. NS students were more knowledgeable about AIDS than were SS students...
- The influence of "new science" on dental education: current concepts, trends, and models for the futureAnthony M Iacopino
Department of General Dental Sciences, Marquette University School of Dentistry, Milwaukee, WI 53233, USA
J Dent Educ 71:450-62. 2007..For the profession to advance, every dental school must play a role in establishing a culture that attaches value to research/discovery, evidence-based practice, and the application of new knowledge/technologies to patient care...
- Attention in natural scenes: Neurophysiological and computational basesEdmund T Rolls
University of Oxford, Department of Experimental Psychology, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3UD, United Kingdom
Neural Netw 19:1383-94. 2006..Computational models of this processing are described...
- The nature of psychology: the great dilemmasRuben Ardila
National University of Colombia, Bogota, Colombia
Am Psychol 62:904-12. 2007..or particularity of scientific laws in psychology: are laws universal or culture-bound and contextual?; and (d) the balance between science and profession: is psychology a basic science, a socially relevant profession, or both?..
- An investigation of Taiwanese early adolescents' views about the nature of scienceChao Ming Huang
Department of Earth Sciences, National Taiwan Normal University, Taipei, Taiwan
Adolescence 40:645-54. 2005..The adolescents of different grades and races also displayed varying views toward the nature of science...
- Transferring behavioral technology across applicationsM Christopher Newland
Experimental Psychology, 226 Thach Hall, Auburn University, Auburn, AL 36849, USA
Neurotoxicol Teratol 25:529-42. 2003..Together, these topics identify the requirements and warn of the challenges and intricacies that await those who seek to transfer behavioral technology beyond the laboratory...
- 3D electron microscopy in the physical sciences: the development of Z-contrast and EFTEM tomographyP A Midgley
Department of Materials Science and Metallurgy, University of Cambridge, Pembroke Street, Cambridge, CB2 3QZ, UK
Ultramicroscopy 96:413-31. 2003..We present examples of how STEM dark-field imaging and energy-filtered TEM can be used successfully to examine nearly all types of specimens likely to be encountered by the physical scientist...
- Learning from education to communicate science as a good storyAquiles Negrete
Psychology Department, University of Bath, Bath, UK BA2 7AY
Endeavour 28:120-4. 2004..To present scientific information through stories, novels, comics and plays should be regarded as an important means to transmit information in the repertoire of both science teachers and science communicators...
- An evaluation of the influence of natural science in regional-scale restoration projectsF Brie Van Cleve
School of Marine Affairs, University of Washington, 3707 Brooklyn Avenue N E Seattle, Washington 98105, USA
Environ Manage 37:367-79. 2006..Our evaluation proposes a model that can be used to enhance the influence of natural science in regional-scale restoration programs in the United States and elsewhere...
- The idea of human prehistory: the natural sciences, the human sciences, and the problem of human origins in Victorian BritainMatthew R Goodrum
Department of Science and Technology in Society, Virginia Tech, 133 Lane Hall, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USA
Hist Philos Life Sci 34:117-45. 2012....
- [Ways of appearing new branches in medicine in the years 1800-1914. An attempt at formulation of an issue]Bozena Urbanek
Instytut Historii Nauki PAN Warszawa
Kwart Hist Nauki Tech 54:99-122. 2009..The inventions improved on cognitive processes within natural sciences and quickened exploring the new truths that were also employed in medical care...
- Expanding the domain of the understandable in psychiatric illness: an updating of the Jasperian framework of explanation and understandingK S Kendler
Virginia Institute of Psychiatric and Behavioral Genetics, and Departments of Psychiatry, and Human and Molecular Genetics, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Richmond, VA, USA
Psychol Med 44:1-7. 2014..that psychiatry has two distinct ways of knowing about psychiatric illness: explanation - which utilizes natural sciences, and objective and empirical methods; and understanding - which reflects our subjective, empathic ..
- Essentials of the self-organizing mapTeuvo Kohonen
Aalto University, School of Science, P O Box 15400, FI 00076 Aalto, Finland
Neural Netw 37:52-65. 2013..It is widely applied to clustering problems and data exploration in industry, finance, natural sciences, and linguistics...
- Development of a theory of implementation and integration: Normalization Process TheoryCarl R May
Institute of Health and Society, Newcastle University, Newcastle, UK
Implement Sci 4:29. 2009ABSTRACT: BACKGROUND: Theories are important tools in the social and natural sciences. The methods by which they are derived are rarely described and discussed...
- Institutional profile: integrated center for research and treatment of vertigo, balance and ocular motor disordersThomas Brandt
Institute of Clinical Neurosciences, Ludwig Maximilian University, Klinikum Grosshadern, Marchioninistr 15, D 81377 Munich, Germany
Restor Neurol Neurosci 28:135-43. 2010..of life; to offer new attractive educational paths and career images for medical doctors, students of the natural sciences, and engineers in clinical research in order to overcome traditional hierarchical structures...
- [Quantity of functionally changed cells as an identificator of the moment of the organizmus transfer to the next period of development]I P Shabalkin
Tsitologiia 49:21-5. 2007..determining transition of a biological system from one condition to another, is one of the main problems of natural sciences. For analysis of the given problem we investigated some stages of forwardness of marine aster Asterias rubens ..
- Playing a part in research? University students' attitudes to direct-to-consumer genomicsEffy Vayena
Institute of Biomedical Ethics, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Public Health Genomics 17:158-68. 2014..This study examined the attitudes of 1,146 Swiss University students to direct-to-consumer (DTC) genomic testing and to genomic research participation...
- Spirituality in the natural sciences and nursing: an interdisciplinary perspectiveIndira D Tyler
Department of Nursing, Fayetteville State University, NC 28301, USA
ABNF J 17:63-6. 2006..Holistic care of clients requires that nurses use the nursing process to implement spiritual care in practice...
- Emotion-on-a-chip (EOC): evolution of biochip technology to measure human emotion using body fluidsJung Hyun Lee
School of Mechanical Engineering, Yonsei University, Seoul, South Korea
Med Hypotheses 79:827-32. 2012..These techniques provide new opportunities to precisely investigate human emotion. Future developments in EOC techniques will combine social and natural sciences to expand their scope of study.
- [The totality of man. The anthropological approach to psychiatry in the work of Lammert van der Horst (1893-1978)]Bart Karstens
Instituut voor Wijsbegeerte, Universiteit Leiden
Studium (Rotterdam) 3:115-29. 2010..this method and concluded that the approach could offer hermeneutic insights at points where methods of the natural sciences fell short. These restrictions had the sake of clarity...
- Generalized theorems for nonlinear state space reconstructionEthan R Deyle
Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e18295. 2011..This paper aims to justify and help open this potential growth area for SSR applications in the natural sciences.
- Multa curiosa: Vallisneri's early studies on earth sciencesFrancesco Luzzini
Universita degli Studi del Piemonte Orientale, Dipartimento di Studi Umanistici, Vercelli, Italy
Nuncius 26:334-54. 2011..mainly served as general practitioner; nevertheless, he also devoted many studies to various aspects of the natural sciences. He performed many observations, accurately reporting them in seven Quaderni, which were compiled between ..
- Coastal resource degradation in the tropics: does the tragedy of the commons apply for coral reefs, mangrove forests and seagrass bedsClive Wilkinson
Global Coral Reef Monitoring Network, Reef and Rainforest Research Centre, P O Box 772, Townsville 4810, Australia
Mar Pollut Bull 64:1096-105. 2012..agree with the conclusion by Hardin that the solution to the tragedy will not be through the application of natural sciences, but via implementing exceedingly difficult and controversial moral decisions...
- Mathematical models of tumour and normal tissue responseB Jones
Clatterbridge Centre for Oncology, Liverpool/Wirral, UK
Acta Oncol 38:883-93. 1999The historical application of mathematics in the natural sciences and in radiotherapy is compared. The various forms of mathematical models and their limitations are discussed...
- Ionic Liquids 2014 and Selected Papers from ILMAT 2013: Highlighting the Ever-Growing Potential of Ionic LiquidsAndrÃ© Vioux
Institut Charles Gerhardt de Montpellier, UMR 5253 CNRS UM2 ENSCM UM1, UniversitÃ© Montpellier 2, Place EugÃ¨ne Bataillon, Montpellier cc1701, France
Int J Mol Sci 15:22815-8. 2014Ionic Liquids (ILs) are arguably among the most intensely researched areas in today's natural sciences, especially the chemistry, physics, and materials sciences fields...
- Beyond the molar-molecular distinction: we need multiscaled analysesP N Hineline
Department of Psychology, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19122, USA
J Exp Anal Behav 75:342-7; discussion 367-78. 2001..analyze the phenomena of avoidance as inherently multiscaled is to follow a well-established practice in the natural sciences. Besides the issue of scale, two-factor theory, which Dinsmoor advocates, has little to say about some ..
- [Ecological significance of electromagnetic fields: the 20th century--century of electricity, the 21st--century of magnetism]Bogosav Lazetic
Med Pregl 56:31-6. 2003..Physics and natural sciences and disciplines are focused on their origin and characteristics...
- [Schelling and experiential science]Olaf Breidbach
Ernst Haeckel Haus, Friedrich Schiller Universitat Jena, Berggasse 7, D 07745 Jena Germany
Sudhoffs Arch 88:153-74. 2004..Thereby it can be shown that the idealistic vocabulary had close correspondence to French morphology and English Natural Theology...
- RESEARCH ENHANCEMENT AT MISSISSIPPI VALLEY STATE UNIVERJOSEPH WAHOME; Fiscal Year: 2003..This activity will be open to all students and faculty in the Department of Natural Sciences. This activity will increase the participants' understanding of biomedical research...
- Behavioral and Biomedical Science Core: Bridges to Bacc*ARLICIA CORLEY; Fiscal Year: 2006..The collaboration is designed to target URM's who are majoring in the behavioral and natural sciences, including psychology, biology, chemistry, computer sciences and mathematics, for research involvement...
- Hawaii Clinical & Translational Science InstituteGary Ostrander; Fiscal Year: 2006..for an "academic home" for interdisciplinary clinical and translational research aimed at linking basic and natural sciences and clinical medicine, integrating research discoveries with innovative medical applications, and developing ..
- SHORT TERM TRNG-STUDENTS IN HEALTH PROFESSIONAL SCHOOLSKENT KEYSER; Fiscal Year: 2007..vision research community representing eleven departments from the Schools of Medicine, Engineering, Natural Sciences and Mathematics, Optometry, Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences, and Veterans Affairs...
- UPRH Biomedical Research Improvement ProgramAntonio E Alegria; Fiscal Year: 2010..this major aim: (1) to increase the biomedical research capacity at UPRH, (2) to increase the number of natural sciences faculty at UPRH involved in biomedical research and the number of biomedical research collaborations with ..
- Enhancing Faculty Recruitment in Nanoscale Sciences for Biomedical ResearchYogesh K Vohra; Fiscal Year: 2010..with the CNMB and have their tenure-track academic appointments in departments within the UAB School of Natural Sciences &Mathematics...
- Diverse drug lead compounds from bacterial symbionts in tropical marine mollusksMARGO GENEVIEVE HAYGOOD; Fiscal Year: 2013..and Eric Schmidt, natural products chemist and biochemist, both of University of Utah, Gary Rosenberg, evolutionary biologist, Academy of Natural Sciences, Philadelphia, and Daniel Distel, marine microbiologist, Ocean Genome Legacy.
- Integrated, Interdisciplinary, Inter-university PHD Program Computational BiologyPanagiotis V Benos; Fiscal Year: 2013..Program in Computational Biology (CPCB) is that all students receive deep training in both computational and natural sciences, and, as appropriate for future educators and researchers in the growing field of computational biology, that ..
- UMES Minority Access to Research Careers Undergraduate Student Training in AcademJENNIFER LYNNE HEARNE; Fiscal Year: 2013..STAR Program will fulfill the following objectives: Strengthening the science curriculum in the Department of Natural Sciences with the addition of four (4) new courses for science majors (MARC and non-MARC) in order to increase the ..
- Postbaccalaureate Research Education ProgramPaul N MacDonald; Fiscal Year: 2013..To address this need, we propose interventions in the Case PREP to prepare recent college graduates in natural sciences to be successful in doctoral study in the biomedical sciences...
- INTEGRATIVE NEURONAL SYSTEMSMriganka Sur; Fiscal Year: 2013..Trainees will, in general, have strong backgrounds in the natural sciences (e.g., undergraduate majors in biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, or electrical engineering)...
- Anatomical, Functional, and Molecular Imaging using Vevo 2100 Ultrasound ScannerStanislav Y Emelianov; Fiscal Year: 2010..These investigators are associated with departments from the Cockrell School of Engineering, the College of Natural Sciences, the College of Pharmacy and the College of Liberal Arts...
- BRIDGES TO THE FUTURELINDA M TUNSTAD; Fiscal Year: 2013..and the English language as a foundation to high academic achievement in undergraduate majors in the natural sciences;2) that students are motivated to careers the biomedical sciences through participation in solid research ..
- UMES MBRS Research Initiative for Scientific EnhancementJENNIFER LYNNE HEARNE; Fiscal Year: 2012..I: Provide professional development opportunities to students in the biomedical sciences in the Department of Natural Sciences Objective i Increase the number of MBRS RISE students who matriculate into doctoral programs in the ..
- Biotechnology Research Infrastructure at Albany State UniversityEverette J Freeman; Fiscal Year: 2013..Over 50 undergraduate students have been trained in biotechnology research. Currently, the Department of Natural Sciences has five full time faculty (28%) actively involved in research and publications. This is an outstanding start...
- Strengthening Research Infrastructure at Lincoln UniversityRobert Jennings; Fiscal Year: 2012..Dr. John Chikwem, Dean of the School of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, is experienced in many healthcare issues, especially HIV and AIDS. Dr...
- Integrated Fisk STEM 3 YR Undergrad-2Yr Masters in CS- Vanderbilt Informatics PhDLee E Limbird; Fiscal Year: 2013..Findings that minorities disproportionately obtain Master's degrees en route to the PhD in natural sciences led to the 2005 launch of the Fisk-Vanderbilt Masters-to-PhD program, with >92 percent of its entrants ..
- NIDA TRAINING PROGRAM IN NEUROSCIENCETerry E Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2013..students first must gain admittance to an existing UM graduate program in the biological, biomedical or natural sciences, such as the Interdepartmental Graduate Program in Neuroscience...
- THEOLOGICAL QUESTIONS RAISED BY HUMAN GENOME INITIATIVETheodore Peters; Fiscal Year: 1993DESCRIPTION (Adapted from Investigators' Abstract): The plan of The Center for Theology and the Natural Sciences is to monitor the ongoing research of the Human Genome Initiative by drawing out its conceptual and philosophical ..
- MBRS SCORE PROGRAM AT MORGAN STATE UNIVERSITYJoseph A Whittaker; Fiscal Year: 2010..submitted by faculty in four departments and two schools, the School of Computer, Mathematical and Natural Sciences and the School of Public Health and Policy...
- VISION RESEARCH TRAININGKENT KEYSER; Fiscal Year: 2007..vision research community that includes eleven departments from the Schools of Medicine, Engineering, Natural Sciences and Mathematics, Optometry, and Social and Behavioral Sciences, and Veterans Affairs...
- Virginia Union University MARC U*STAR ProgramANTHONY MADU; Fiscal Year: 2007..five years: (1) to raise the quality of students admitted into the participating departments (Mathematics, Natural Sciences, and Psychology); (2) to increase by 50%, relative to the current level, the pool of MARC-eligible students ..
- RESEARCH ENHANCEMENT AT JCSUTIMOTHY CHAMPION; Fiscal Year: 2005The MBRS RISE program at JCSU promotes increased interest in research among Natural Sciences faculty and students through a variety of activities. These activities are organized in six Projects...
- TRAINING CLINICAL RESEARCHERS FOR COMMUNITY SETTINGSHenry Barry; Fiscal Year: 2004..but all five biomedical colleges, including colleges of osteopathic and veterinary medicine, nursing, and natural sciences, are participants in this effort...
- Center for Health Disparities StudiesFernando Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2006..be: the Prevention Research Center, the Public Health Program and the School of Computer, Mathematical and Natural Sciences. The JHU organizational entities will be the Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, the Welch Center for ..
- Improvements for Decentralized Animal Facilities at the University of MichiganRobert Dysko; Fiscal Year: 2009..to refurbish its rack washer and purchase additional animal care support equipment;and (4) the Kraus Natural Sciences Building, which is requesting a new pass-through cabinet washer and additional animal care support equipment...
- agents to treat breast cancerKelly Mack; Fiscal Year: 2003..Kelly Mack, is an associate professor at the University of Maryland Eastern Shore (UMES) in the Department of Natural Sciences, Dr...
- Minority Student Development at CSU FullertonCHRISTINA GOODE; Fiscal Year: 2005..The Vice-President for Academic Affairs, the Dean of the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, and the Chairs of the participating departments have committed funds to support the MSD ..
- FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROJECT IN MENTAL HEALTH RESEARCHIDA MUKENGE; Fiscal Year: 2003..economics and political science to conduct mental health research and to expose faculty in other social and natural sciences to opportunities and resources for mental health research in their fields...
- MBRS SCORE Program at University of Puerto Rico at CayeyWILFREDO OTANO RIVERA; Fiscal Year: 2003..The institution is working with the natural sciences faculty to develop a high quality research program...
- Undergraduate Training Program in Chemical & Physical B*STEPHEN KRON; Fiscal Year: 2007..courses designed for the newly created Minor in Interdisciplinary Quantitative Studies in the Natural Sciences and will perform research throughout the year in the laboratory of one of the thirty mentor faculty...
- BRIDGES TO THE BACCALAUREATEJEFFREY ENGLER; Fiscal Year: 2006..Students will acquire the background necessary to complete an undergraduate degree in natural sciences behavioral science, information science or mathematics in preparation for advanced training in the biomedical ..
- Annual Meeting of the Radiation Research SocietyWilliam McKenna; Fiscal Year: 2002..with three broad objectives: (1) to encourage the advancement of radiation research in all areas of the natural sciences; (2) to facilitate cooperative research between the disciplines of physics, chemistry, biology and medicine ..
- Annual Meeting of the Radiation Research SocietyJOHN REDPATH; Fiscal Year: 2001..with three broad objectives: (1) to encourage the advancement of radiation research in all areas of the natural sciences: (2) to facilitate cooperative research between the disciplines of physics, chemistry, biology and medicine ..
- D.D.S./PH.D COMBINED TRAINING PROGRAMRosemary Dziak; Fiscal Year: 2001..D. programs in the School of Biomedical Sciences, the Natural Sciences or in Roswell Park Memorial Institute. The Program is designed such that didactic courses for both the Ph.D...
- NEURAL AND ENDOCRINE REGULATION OF BRAIN AND BEHAVIORRichard Wurtman; Fiscal Year: 2003..Trainees will, in general, have strong backgrounds in the natural sciences (e.g., undergraduate majors in biology, chemistry, physics, or electrical engineering)...
- Bridging minorities to the doctorate at Colorado State UniversityDONALD MYKLES; Fiscal Year: 2009..as well as research experiences to increase the number of CSU-P students pursuing doctorates with College of Natural Sciences biomedical faculty in the Departments of Biochemistry &Molecular Biology, Biology, and Chemistry...
- MSD MINORITY STUDENT DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMMarco Lopez; Fiscal Year: 2001..The Vice-President for Academic Affairs, the Dean of the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, the chairs of the participating departments have committed funds to support the MSD Program ..
- M. tuberculosis Cell Wall Biogenesis; New Drugs; TB-HIVPatrick Brennan; Fiscal Year: 2005..The research will be primarily carried out at Comenius University, Faculty of Natural Sciences in Bratislava, Slovakia in collaboration with Katarina Mikusova, as an extension of the NIH grant A1-18357...
- High-End CryoEM Instrument for the UCLA Electron Imaging Center for NanomachinesZ Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2006..funding shows that there is major interest across multiple departments/institutes among the colleges of natural sciences and engineering, as well as the UCLA medical school that may greatly benefit from the acquisition of the high-..
- Research Infrastructure Development at Florida Memorial*Thomas Snowden; Fiscal Year: 2007..He will assist other faculty in the Division of Natural Sciences & Mathematics in locating sources of funding and in preparing their grant applications. Dr...
- Fayetteville State University SCORE ProgramJIANSHI WU; Fiscal Year: 2009..research projects by the end of the 4-year funding cycle;(6) The number of new research grants awarded to faculty of Department of Natural Sciences will increase 100% from 2 per year to 4 per year by the end of the funding period.
- Electrophysiological Assessment of Depressive CognitionSTEPHEN ILARDI; Fiscal Year: 2006..Secondary analysis will explore the ability of study measures to predict acute outcome in outpatient treatment. ..
- Changing Culture: Research/Scholarly Curriculum TrackAnthony Iacopino; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- In Vivo Imaging of Human Papillomavirus InfectionRebecca Richards Kortum; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Preparing high resolution membrane protein crystalsZygmunt Derewenda; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Fiber Optic In Vivo Confocal MicroscopyRebecca Richards Kortum; Fiscal Year: 2002..The fifth aim of this proposal is to design and construct inexpensive, injection-modeled optical elements that can be easily integrated with the inexpensive fiber optic imaging bundles used in current prototypes. ..
- Fiber Optic In Vivo Confocal MicroscopyRebecca Richards Kortum; Fiscal Year: 2005..The fifth aim of this proposal is to design and construct inexpensive, injection-modeled optical elements that can be easily integrated with the inexpensive fiber optic imaging bundles used in current prototypes. ..
- Rapid protein crystallization by surface mutagenesisZygmunt Derewenda; Fiscal Year: 2004..Funds are requested to further test the general applicability and success rate of this method, and to apply the method to a subset of targets selected for the Structural Genomic Initiative. ..
- Translational Optical Molecular Imaging: Nano to MacroRebecca Richards Kortum; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] 4. To establish and strengthen relationships with industry partners for the development of new technologies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Neuroimaging of Executive ProcessingScott Huettel; Fiscal Year: 2008..g., frontal lobe damage, schizophrenia, Parkinson's disease). [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Neural Compensation and Economic Decision Making in AgingScott Huettel; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SYMPATHETIC FUNCTION IN DIABETESDavid C Randall; Fiscal Year: 2010..parasympathetic dysfunction) and easier and less expensive to obtain. The results of these experiments will thereby help develop better clinical approaches to the control and management of diabetic autonomic neuropathy. ..
- Molecular mechanisms of arrestin functionVSEVOLOD GUREVICH; Fiscal Year: 2004..Arrestin mutants with enhanced specificity for these receptors and enhanced capability to attenuate such faulty signaling promise to become useful tools for gene therapy of these disorders. ..
- Functional Neuroimaging of Executive ProcessingScott Huettel; Fiscal Year: 2002..This research program will inform studies of executive processing, while providing proof-of-concept data for future applications for research support. ..
- RELAXIN-LIKE FACTOR IN MALE GONADAL DEVELOPMENTChristian Schwabe; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- The Role of Neuronal Integration in Working MemoryEric R Kandel; Fiscal Year: 2010..How does HCN1 knockout affect the physiological properties of circuits involved in short-term memory both in the prefrontal cortex? 3) Does HCN1 influence the 'on-line'neural representation of information during working memory? ..
- NEUROTOXICITY OF METHYLMERCURY ACROSS THE LIFESPANM Newland; Fiscal Year: 2005..Items 2-4 will be conducted as adults and 3-4 to 30 months of age. At death Hg and either Se or FA profiles will be determined, depending on the cohort. ..