Genomes and Genes
3t3 l1 cells
Summary: A continuous cell line that is a substrain of SWISS 3T3 CELLS developed though clonal isolation. The mouse fibroblast cells undergo an adipose-like conversion as they move to a confluent and contact-inhibited state.
Publications331 found, 100 shown here
- Interleukin-1beta-induced insulin resistance in adipocytes through down-regulation of insulin receptor substrate-1 expressionJennifer Jager
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U568, Faculty of Medicine, Avenue de Valombrose, 06107 Nice Cedex 2, France
Endocrinology 148:241-51. 2007..By targeting IRS-1, IL-1beta is capable of impairing insulin signaling and action, and could thus participate in concert with other cytokines, in the development of insulin resistance in adipocytes...
- Characterization of the role of the Rab GTPase-activating protein AS160 in insulin-regulated GLUT4 traffickingMark Larance
Diabetes and Obesity Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Sydney, Australia
J Biol Chem 280:37803-13. 2005..These findings support an important role for AS160 in the insulin regulated trafficking of GLUT4...
- Increased oxidative stress in obesity and its impact on metabolic syndromeShigetada Furukawa
Department of Medicine and Pathophysiology, Graduate School of Medicine, Department of Organismal Biosystems, Graduate School of Frontier Biosciences, Osaka University, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Clin Invest 114:1752-61. 2004....
- Mitochondrial remodeling in adipose tissue associated with obesity and treatment with rosiglitazoneLeanne Wilson-Fritch
Program in Molecular Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, 01601, USA
J Clin Invest 114:1281-9. 2004....
- Full intracellular retention of GLUT4 requires AS160 Rab GTPase activating proteinLorena Eguez
Department of Biochemistry, Weill Cornell Medical School, New York, New York 10021, USA
Cell Metab 2:263-72. 2005..Our findings that AS160 knockdown only partially releases basal GLUT4 retention provides evidence that insulin signals to GLUT4 exocytosis by both AS160-dependent and -independent mechanisms...
- Activation of transient receptor potential vanilloid type-1 channel prevents adipogenesis and obesityLi Li Zhang
Center for Hypertension and Metabolic Diseases, Department of Hypertension and Endocrinology, Daping Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400042, PR China
Circ Res 100:1063-70. 2007..We conclude that the activation of TRPV1 channels by capsaicin prevented adipogenesis and obesity...
- Berberine inhibits 3T3-L1 adipocyte differentiation through the PPARgamma pathwayCheng Huang
Institute for Nutritional Sciences, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Graduate School of CAS, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 294 Tai Yuan Road, Shanghai 200031, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 348:571-8. 2006..These studies suggest that BBR works on multiple molecular targets as an inhibitor of PPARgamma and alpha, and is a potential weight reducing, hypolipidemic, and hypoglycemic drug...
- RNA interference of PPARgamma using fiber-modified adenovirus vector efficiently suppresses preadipocyte-to-adipocyte differentiation in 3T3-L1 cellsTetsuji Hosono
Division of Cellular and Gene Therapy Products, National Institute of Health Sciences, Tokyo 158 8501, Japan
Gene 348:157-65. 2005....
- Regulation of insulin action by ceramide: dual mechanisms linking ceramide accumulation to the inhibition of Akt/protein kinase BSuzanne Stratford
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523 1870, USA
J Biol Chem 279:36608-15. 2004..Moreover the results obtained provide a unifying theory to account for the numerous dissenting reports investigating the actions of ceramide toward Akt/PKB...
- Sequential phosphorylation of CCAAT enhancer-binding protein beta by MAPK and glycogen synthase kinase 3beta is required for adipogenesisQi Qun Tang
Departments of Pediatrics Division of Endocrinology, McKusick Nathans Institute of Genetic Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:9766-71. 2005..The delayed transactivation of the C/EBPalpha and PPARgamma genes by C/EBPbeta appears necessary to allow mitotic clonal expansion, which would otherwise be prevented, because C/EBPalpha and PPARgamma are antimitotic...
- CGI-58 facilitates lipolysis on lipid droplets but is not involved in the vesiculation of lipid droplets caused by hormonal stimulationTomohiro Yamaguchi
Graduate School of Life Science, University of Hyogo, 3 2 1, Koto, Kamigori, Hyogo 678 1297, Japan
J Lipid Res 48:1078-89. 2007..CGI-58 is not required for this process. Thus, CGI-58 facilitates lipolysis in cooperation with perilipin and other factors, including lipases...
- Fat mobilization in adipose tissue is promoted by adipose triglyceride lipaseRobert Zimmermann
Institute of Molecular Biosciences, University of Graz, Graz, Austria
Science 306:1383-6. 2004..Inhibition of ATGL markedly decreases total adipose acyl-hydrolase activity. Thus, ATGL and HSL coordinately catabolize stored triglycerides in adipose tissue of mammals...
- PPARgamma and C/EBP factors orchestrate adipocyte biology via adjacent binding on a genome-wide scaleMartina I Lefterova
Institute for Diabetes, Obesity, and Metabolism, and Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Genes Dev 22:2941-52. 2008..Thus, PPARgamma and C/EBP factors cooperatively orchestrate adipocyte biology by adjacent binding on an unanticipated scale...
- Mature-onset obesity and insulin resistance in mice deficient in the signaling adapter p62Angelina Rodriguez
Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Cantoblanco, 28049 Madrid, Spain
Cell Metab 3:211-22. 2006..We propose that p62 normally antagonizes basal ERK activity and adipocyte differentiation and that its loss leads to the hyperactivation of ERK that favors adipogenesis and obesity...
- Flux profile and modularity analysis of time-dependent metabolic changes of de novo adipocyte formationYaguang Si
Department of Biology, Tufts University, Medford, MA 02155, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 292:E1637-46. 2007..Flux and modularity analysis results together point to the flux distribution around pyruvate as a key indicator of adipocyte lipid accumulation...
- The regulation of adipogenesis through GPR120Chizu Gotoh
Department of Food Production Science, Faculty of Agriculture, Shinshu University, Nagano ken 399 4598, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 354:591-7. 2007..Our results suggest that GPR120 regulates adipogenic processes such as adipocyte development and differentiation...
- The adipose tissue triglyceride lipase ATGL/PNPLA2 is downregulated by insulin and TNF-alpha in 3T3-L1 adipocytes and is a target for transactivation by PPARgammaJi Young Kim
Dept of Biochemistry and Cancer Biology, Medical University of Ohio, Toledo, OH 43614, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 291:E115-27. 2006..Our findings identify the novel lipase ATGL to be a target gene for TNF-alpha and insulin action in adipocytes and reveal that it is subject to transcriptional control by PPARgamma-mediated signals...
- Real-time quantification of fatty acid uptake using a novel fluorescence assayJinfang Liao
Molecular Devices Corporation, Sunnyvale, CA 94089, USA
J Lipid Res 46:597-602. 2005..Applications of this novel assay should facilitate new insights into the biology of fatty acid uptake and provide new means for obesity-related drug discovery...
- The Wnt antagonist Dickkopf-1 and its receptors are coordinately regulated during early human adipogenesisConstantinos Christodoulides
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 2QR, UK
J Cell Sci 119:2613-20. 2006..Given the public health importance of disorders of adipose mass, further knowledge of the pathways involved specifically in human adipocyte differentiation might ultimately be of clinical relevance...
- Acetate and propionate short chain fatty acids stimulate adipogenesis via GPCR43Yeon Hee Hong
Department of Food Production Science, Shinshu University, Nagano ken, Japan
Endocrinology 146:5092-9. 2005..We conclude that acetate and propionate short chain fatty acids may have important physiological roles in adipogenesis through GPCR43, but not through GPCR41...
- Activation of CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein (C/EBP) alpha expression by C/EBP beta during adipogenesis requires a peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma-associated repression of HDAC1 at the C/ebp alpha gene promoterYing Zuo
Department of Biochemistry, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 281:7960-7. 2006....
- Protein kinase B/AKT 1 plays a pivotal role in insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor signaling induced 3T3-L1 adipocyte differentiationJinfei Xu
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
J Biol Chem 279:35914-22. 2004..Thus, protein kinase B/Akt 1 is an important signal mediator in IGF-1 receptor signal cascade for inducing adipocyte differentiation...
- ASP enhances in situ lipoprotein lipase activity by increasing fatty acid trapping in adipocytesMay Faraj
Mike Rosenbloom Laboratory for Cardiovascular Research, McGill University Health Center, Montreal, Canada
J Lipid Res 45:657-66. 2004....
- MicroRNA and 3T3-L1 pre-adipocyte differentiationKazuaki Kajimoto
Department of Epidemiology, Research Institute, National Cardiovascular Center, Suita, Osaka, Japan
RNA 12:1626-32. 2006..Although these miRNAs may be involved in modulating adipocyte function, mild down-modulations of the up-regulated miRNAs do not appear to affect 3T3-L1 pre-adipocyte differentiation...
- Krüppel-like transcription factor KLF5 is a key regulator of adipocyte differentiationYumiko Oishi
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Cell Metab 1:27-39. 2005..KLF5, in turn, acts in concert with C/EBPbeta/delta to activate the PPARgamma2 promoter. This study establishes KLF5 as a key component of the transcription factor network controlling adipocyte differentiation...
- Effects of oxidative stress on adiponectin secretion and lactate production in 3T3-L1 adipocytesA F Soares
UMR 585 INSERM INSA de Lyon, Pathophysiology of Lipids and Membranes, IMBL, 69621 Villeurbanne Cedex, France
Free Radic Biol Med 38:882-9. 2005..These results demonstrate that adipose cells are highly sensitive to oxidative stress, with subsequent decreased adiponectin secretion and increased lactate production, two events involved in the development of insulin resistance...
- Standard isolation of primary adipose cells from mouse epididymal fat pads induces inflammatory mediators and down-regulates adipocyte genesHong Ruan
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
J Biol Chem 278:47585-93. 2003....
- Cyclic AMP (cAMP)-mediated stimulation of adipocyte differentiation requires the synergistic action of Epac- and cAMP-dependent protein kinase-dependent processesRasmus Koefoed Petersen
BioLigands, International Science Park Odense, DK 5230 Odense M, Denmark
Mol Cell Biol 28:3804-16. 2008....
- The peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma regulates expression of the perilipin gene in adipocytesNaoto Arimura
Department of Applied Biological Chemistry, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:10070-6. 2004....
- Phosphorylation of C/EBPalpha inhibits granulopoiesisSarah E Ross
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Michigan Medical School, 1301 E Catherine Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0622, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:675-86. 2004..Thus, myeloid development is partly regulated by an ERK1/2-mediated change in the conformation of C/EBPalpha that favors monocyte differentiation by blocking granulopoiesis...
- Regulation of adipocyte differentiation and function by polyunsaturated fatty acidsLise Madsen
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark, Campusvej 55, 5230 Odense M, Denmark
Biochim Biophys Acta 1740:266-86. 2005..Feeding status and hormonal background may therefore be of particular importance in determining the physiological effects of PUFAs of the n-6 family...
- A high-capacity assay for PPARgamma ligand regulation of endogenous aP2 expression in 3T3-L1 cellsG Marie Thompson
Department of Metabolic Disorders, Merck Research Laboratories, 126 E Lincoln Ave, Rahway, NJ 07065, USA
Anal Biochem 330:21-8. 2004..Since the assay obviates the need for RNA isolation and is performed in an automatable multiwell format, it can serve as a high-throughput, cell-based screen for the identification and characterization of PPARgamma modulators...
- Sortilin is essential and sufficient for the formation of Glut4 storage vesicles in 3T3-L1 adipocytesJun Shi
Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Dev Cell 9:99-108. 2005..Thus, sortilin is not only essential, but also sufficient for biogenesis of GSVs and acquisition of insulin responsiveness in adipose cells...
- The transcription factor AP-2beta causes cell enlargement and insulin resistance in 3T3-L1 adipocytesYukari Tao
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Shiga University of Medical Science, Seta, Otsu, Japan
Endocrinology 147:1685-96. 2006..We propose that AP-2beta is a candidate gene for producing adipocyte hypertrophy and may relate to the abnormal characteristics of adipocytes observed in obesity...
- Complex distribution, not absolute amount of adiponectin, correlates with thiazolidinedione-mediated improvement in insulin sensitivityUtpal B Pajvani
Department of Cell Biology, Division of Endocrinology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
J Biol Chem 279:12152-62. 2004..These observations suggest that the HMW adiponectin complex is the active form of this protein, which we directly demonstrate in vivo by its ability to depress serum glucose levels in a dose-dependent manner...
- The hyperglycemia-induced inflammatory response in adipocytes: the role of reactive oxygen speciesYing Lin
Department of Cell Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Biol Chem 280:4617-26. 2005..Combined, these results highlight the importance ROS production in adipocytes and the associated insulin resistance and inflammatory response...
- Neuropeptide Y acts directly in the periphery on fat tissue and mediates stress-induced obesity and metabolic syndromeLydia E Kuo
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Georgetown University Medical Center, 3900 Reservoir Rd NW, BSB 234, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Nat Med 13:803-11. 2007..Thus, manipulations of NPY2R activity within fat tissue offer new ways to remodel fat and treat obesity and metabolic syndrome...
- A critical role of cavin (polymerase I and transcript release factor) in caveolae formation and organizationLibin Liu
Department of Biochemistry, Boston University Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 283:4314-22. 2008..We propose that the presence of cavin on the inside surface of caveolae stabilizes these structures, probably through interaction with the cytoskeleton, and cavin therefore plays an important role in caveolae formation and organization...
- The neck of caveolae is a distinct plasma membrane subdomain that concentrates insulin receptors in 3T3-L1 adipocytesMichelangelo Foti
Department of Cellular Physiology and Metabolism, Faculty of Medicine, University of Geneva, CH 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:1242-7. 2007....
- Insulin-modulated Akt subcellular localization determines Akt isoform-specific signalingEva Gonzalez
Department of Biochemistry, Weill Cornell Medical College, 1300 York Avenue, New York, NY 10065, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:7004-9. 2009..Together, our findings reveal the stimulus-induced subcellular compartmentalization of Akt kinases as a mechanism contributing to specify Akt isoform functions...
- Cell surface heparan sulfate proteoglycans contribute to intracellular lipid accumulation in adipocytesLarissa C Wilsie
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of New Mexico, Health Sciences Center, 915 Camino de Salud, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
Lipids Health Dis 4:2. 2005....
- Hypoxia is a potential risk factor for chronic inflammation and adiponectin reduction in adipose tissue of ob/ob and dietary obese miceJianping Ye
Pennington Biomedical Research Center, 6400 Perkins Road, Baton Rouge, LA 70808, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 293:E1118-28. 2007..These data suggest a potential role of hypoxia in the induction of chronic inflammation and inhibition of adiponectin in the adipose tissue in obesity...
- Trans-10, cis-12 conjugated linoleic acid activates the integrated stress response pathway in adipocytesP Christopher LaRosa
Center for Biotechnology, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska 68588 0665, USA
Physiol Genomics 31:544-53. 2007..The release of proinflammatory cytokines may explain how the ISR in early stage adipocytes causes lipid loss in mature adipocytes...
- A paracrine loop between adipocytes and macrophages aggravates inflammatory changes: role of free fatty acids and tumor necrosis factor alphaTakayoshi Suganami
Department of Molecular Medicine and Metabolism, Medical Research Institute, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo 101 0062, Japan
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 25:2062-8. 2005..Here we developed an in vitro coculture system composed of adipocytes and macrophages and examined the molecular mechanism whereby these cells communicate...
- Adiponectin and leptin are secreted through distinct trafficking pathways in adipocytesLinglin Xie
Division of Biology, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1782:99-108. 2008..Taken together, these results suggest that leptin and adiponectin secretion involve distinct intracellular compartments and that endosomal compartments are required for adiponectin but not for leptin secretion...
- Direct quantification of fusion rate reveals a distal role for AS160 in insulin-stimulated fusion of GLUT4 storage vesiclesLi Jiang
Joint Laboratory of Institute of Biophysics and Huazhong University of Science and Technology, National Laboratory of Biomacromolecules, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
J Biol Chem 283:8508-16. 2008....
- Wnt4 and Wnt5a promote adipocyte differentiationMakoto Nishizuka
Department of Molecular Biology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nagoya City University, 3 1 Tanabe dori, Nagoya, Aichi 467 8603, Japan
FEBS Lett 582:3201-5. 2008..Furthermore, the inhibition of Wnt4 or Wnt5a expression prevented the accumulation of triacylglycerol and decreased the expression of adipogenesis-related genes. Wnt4 and Wnt5a have crucial roles in adipogenesis as positive regulators...
- A Nuclear Receptor Atlas: 3T3-L1 adipogenesisMingui Fu
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 6001 Forest Park Road, Dallas, Texas 75390 9050, USA
Mol Endocrinol 19:2437-50. 2005....
- NF-kappaB is involved in the TNF-alpha induced inhibition of the differentiation of 3T3-L1 cells by reducing PPARgamma expressionGi Nam Chae
Department of Biochemistry, College of Medicine, Dankook University, San 29 Anseo Dong, Cheonan 330 714, Korea
Exp Mol Med 35:431-7. 2003..These results suggest that inhibition of 3T3-L1 cells differentiation by TNF-alpha is partly implemented through NF-kappaB and one of its downstream effectors be PPARgamma...
- Identification of amino acid residues within the C terminus of the Glut4 glucose transporter that are essential for insulin-stimulated redistribution to the plasma membraneXiao Mei Song
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 283:12571-85. 2008..We conclude that residues within the IRM are critical for the targeting of Glut4, but not of IRAP, to insulin-responsive intracellular membrane compartments in 3T3-L1 adipocytes...
- CREB activation induced by mitochondrial dysfunction triggers triglyceride accumulation in 3T3-L1 preadipocytesSebastien Vankoningsloo
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Cellular Biology, University of Namur F U N D P, rue de Bruxelles, 61, 5000 Namur, Belgium
J Cell Sci 119:1266-82. 2006..These results highlight a new role for CREB in the control of triglyceride metabolism during the adaptative response of preadipocytes to mitochondrial dysfunction...
- The luminal Vps10p domain of sortilin plays the predominant role in targeting to insulin-responsive Glut4-containing vesiclesJun Shi
Department of Biochemistry, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 282:9008-16. 2007..Our results suggest that luminal interactions between component proteins play an important role in the process of IRV biogenesis...
- GLUT4 is sorted to vesicles whose accumulation beneath and insertion into the plasma membrane are differentially regulated by insulin and selectively affected by insulin resistanceWenyong Xiong
Department of Biochemistry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10065, USA
Mol Biol Cell 21:1375-86. 2010..Differences in insulin sensitivities of various processes may be a general mechanism for the development of the physiologically important phenomenon of selective insulin resistance...
- Cidea is associated with lipid droplets and insulin sensitivity in humansVishwajeet Puri
Program in Molecular Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 373 Plantation Street, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:7833-8. 2008..The data support a model whereby failure of this pathway results in ectopic lipid accumulation, insulin resistance, and its associated comorbidities in humans...
- Suppressor of cytokine signaling 3 is a physiological regulator of adipocyte insulin signalingHang Shi
Division of Endocrinology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 279:34733-40. 2004..We conclude that SOCS3 plays an important role in mediating insulin resistance and may be an excellent target for therapeutic intervention in insulin resistance and type II diabetes...
- Transcriptional activation of pref-1 by E2F1 in 3T3 L1 cellsYan Nan Shen
Department of Biology, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Korea
BMB Rep 42:691-6. 2009..Knockdown of E2F1 reduced both pref-1 promoter activity and the level of pref-1 mRNA. Taken together, our data suggest that transcriptional activation of pref-1 is stimulated by E2F1 protein in adipocytes...
- Proteomic analysis of proteins associated with lipid droplets of basal and lipolytically stimulated 3T3-L1 adipocytesDawn L Brasaemle
Department of Nutritional Sciences, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901, USA
J Biol Chem 279:46835-42. 2004....
- Overexpression of micro ribonucleic acid 29, highly up-regulated in diabetic rats, leads to insulin resistance in 3T3-L1 adipocytesAibin He
The National Laboratory of Medical Molecular Biology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, The Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, 5 Dong Dan San Tiao, Beijing 100005, China
Mol Endocrinol 21:2785-94. 2007..Taken together, these data reveal the crucial role of miR-29 in type 2 diabetes...
- Rab10, a target of the AS160 Rab GAP, is required for insulin-stimulated translocation of GLUT4 to the adipocyte plasma membraneHiroyuki Sano
Department of Biochemistry, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Cell Metab 5:293-303. 2007....
- An RNA interference-based screen identifies MAP4K4/NIK as a negative regulator of PPARgamma, adipogenesis, and insulin-responsive hexose transportXiaoqing Tang
Program in Molecular Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:2087-92. 2006..These results reveal a MAP4K4/NIK-dependent signaling pathway that potently inhibits PPARgamma-responsive gene expression, adipogenesis, and insulin-stimulated glucose transport...
- Temporal recruitment of CCAAT/enhancer-binding proteins to early and late adipogenic promoters in vivoN Salma
Department of Cell Biology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
J Mol Endocrinol 36:139-51. 2006..We have concluded that C/EBP family members bind to adipogenic genes in vivo in a manner that follows the induction of C/EBP protein synthesis...
- Mest/Peg1 imprinted gene enlarges adipocytes and is a marker of adipocyte sizeMayumi Takahashi
Division of Clinical Nutrition, National Institute of Health and Nutrition, 1 23 1, Toyama, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 162 8636, Japan
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 288:E117-24. 2005..Moreover, adipocytes were markedly enlarged in the transgenic mice. Thus Mest appears to enlarge adipocytes and could be a novel marker of the size of adipocytes...
- Insulin-stimulated plasma membrane fusion of Glut4 glucose transporter-containing vesicles is regulated by phospholipase D1Ping Huang
Department of Pharmacology, University Medical Center at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY 11794 5140, USA
Mol Biol Cell 16:2614-23. 2005....
- Visfatin is released from 3T3-L1 adipocytes via a non-classical pathwayMasaki Tanaka
Department of Metabolic Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 359:194-201. 2007..In addition, visfatin was not released on microvesicles. These results suggest that visfatin should be released from 3T3-L1 adipocytes via an ER-Golgi or microvesicles independent pathway...
- Transcriptional regulation of adipogenesis by KLF4Kivanc Birsoy
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Cell Metab 7:339-47. 2008..KLF4 is specifically induced in response to cAMP, which by itself can partially activate adipogenesis. These data suggest that KLF4 functions as an immediate early regulator of adipogenesis to induce C/EBPbeta...
- Vibrational imaging of lipid droplets in live fibroblast cells with coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering microscopyXiaolin Nan
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
J Lipid Res 44:2202-8. 2003..CARS microscopy, in tandem with other techniques, provides exciting possibilities for studying LD dynamics under physiological conditions without perturbation of cell functions...
- Krüppel-like factor-6 promotes preadipocyte differentiation through histone deacetylase 3-dependent repression of DLK1Dan Li
Division of Liver Diseases, Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
J Biol Chem 280:26941-52. 2005....
- Krox20 stimulates adipogenesis via C/EBPbeta-dependent and -independent mechanismsZhu Chen
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, New York 10021, USA
Cell Metab 1:93-106. 2005..These data indicate that Krox20 is necessary for adipogenesis and that, when overexpressed, Krox20 potently stimulates adipogenesis via C/EBPbeta-dependent and -independent mechanisms...
- Green tea polyphenol epigallocatechin gallate inhibits adipogenesis and induces apoptosis in 3T3-L1 adipocytesJi Lin
444 Edgar L Rhodes Center for Animal and Dairy Science, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602 2771, USA
Obes Res 13:982-90. 2005..The objective of this study was to determine whether epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), the primary green tea catechin, could act directly on adipocytes to inhibit adipogenesis and induce apoptosis...
- Identification of a distal GLUT4 trafficking event controlled by actin polymerizationJamie A Lopez
Diabetes and Obesity Research Program, The Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Sydney, NSW 2010, Australia
Mol Biol Cell 20:3918-29. 2009..These data clearly resolve multiple steps of the final stages of GLUT4 trafficking, demonstrating a crucial role for actin in the final stage of this process...
- Inhibitor of DNA binding 2 is a small molecule-inducible modulator of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma expression and adipocyte differentiationKye Won Park
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Mol Endocrinol 22:2038-48. 2008..These results outline a role for Id2 in the modulation of PPARgamma expression and adipogenesis and underscore the utility of adipogenic small molecules as tools to dissect adipocyte biology...
- Uncoupling of 3T3-L1 gene expression from lipid accumulation during adipogenesisKarla A Temple
Department of Medicine and Committee on Molecular Metabolism and Nutrition, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
FEBS Lett 581:469-74. 2007..These data indicate that extracellular energy is required for induction of adipocytic proteins, while only glucose sustained the parallel increase in triglyceride storage...
- Fatty acid metabolism in adipocytes: functional analysis of fatty acid transport proteins 1 and 4Sandra Lobo
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, and Biophysics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Lipid Res 48:609-20. 2007..These findings define unique and distinct roles for FATP1 and FATP4 in adipose fatty acid metabolism...
- Chitosan oligosaccharides inhibit adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 adipocytesEun Jae Cho
Department of Biotechnology, Daegu University, Kyungsan, Kyungbuk 712 714, Korea
J Microbiol Biotechnol 18:80-7. 2008..Our results suggest a role for CO as anti-obesity agents by inhibiting adipocyte differentiation mediated through the downregulated expression of adipogenic transcription factors and other specific genes...
- Upregulated expression of stanniocalcin-1 during adipogenesisMartina Serlachius
Department of Pathology, Haartman Institute, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Exp Cell Res 296:256-64. 2004..Given this, our findings suggest that STC-1, also in terminally differentiated adipocytes, may function as a "survival factor", which contributes to the maintenance of the integrity of mature adipose tissue...
- Anti-obesity effect of Nelumbo nucifera leaves extract in mice and ratsYuka Ono
Matsuura Yakugyo Co Ltd, Enjo cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya 459 8001, Japan
J Ethnopharmacol 106:238-44. 2006..Therefore, NNE impaired digestion, inhibited absorption of lipids and carbohydrates, accelerated lipid metabolism and up-regulated energy expenditure. Consequently, NNE is beneficial for the suppression of obesity...
- Effects of mitochondrial uncoupling on adipocyte intracellular Ca(2+) and lipid metabolismXiaocun Sun
University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
J Nutr Biochem 14:219-26. 2003....
- Identification of dicarboxylate carrier Slc25a10 as malate transporter in de novo fatty acid synthesisShinji Mizuarai
Tsukuba Research Institute, Banyu Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, Ibaraki, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:32434-41. 2005....
- Insulin stimulates membrane fusion and GLUT4 accumulation in clathrin coats on adipocyte plasma membranesShaohui Huang
Program in Molecular Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01605, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:3456-69. 2007....
- Repression of GLUT4 expression by the endoplasmic reticulum stress response in 3T3-L1 adipocytesRyan S Miller
Department of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 200 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 362:188-92. 2007..Our studies identify repression of GLUT4 expression as another potential mechanism for obesity-induced activation of the ER stress response to contribute to the insulin resistance of obesity...
- Stearoyl-CoA desaturase 2 is required for peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma expression and adipogenesis in cultured 3T3-L1 cellsJennifer L Christianson
Program in Molecular Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 373 Plantation Street, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
J Biol Chem 283:2906-16. 2008..These results reveal that SCD2 is required for the induction and maintenance of PPARgamma protein levels and adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 cells...
- ETO/MTG8 is an inhibitor of C/EBPbeta activity and a regulator of early adipogenesisJustin J Rochford
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Box 232, Level 4, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Rd, Cambridge CB2 2QR, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 24:9863-72. 2004..These findings define, for the first time, a molecular role for ETO in normal physiology as an inhibitor of C/EBPbeta and a novel regulator of early adipogenesis...
- GLUT4 is internalized by a cholesterol-dependent nystatin-sensitive mechanism inhibited by insulinVincent Blot
Department of Biochemistry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 1300 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
EMBO J 25:5648-58. 2006..Our work thus identifies cholesterol-dependent uptake as a novel target of insulin action in adipocytes...
- Regulation of adipocyte differentiation and insulin action with rapamycinHye Jin Cho
School of Biological Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 321:942-8. 2004....
- JNK and tumor necrosis factor-alpha mediate free fatty acid-induced insulin resistance in 3T3-L1 adipocytesM T Audrey Nguyen
Division of Endocrinology Metabolism, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0673, USA
J Biol Chem 280:35361-71. 2005....
- Intracellular ceramide synthesis and protein kinase Czeta activation play an essential role in palmitate-induced insulin resistance in rat L6 skeletal muscle cellsDarren J Powell
Division of Molecular Physiology, Faculty of Life Sciences, MSI WTB complex, University of Dundee, Dundee, DD1 5EH, Scotland
Biochem J 382:619-29. 2004..These findings indicate that intracellular ceramide synthesis and PKCzeta activation are important aspects of the mechanism by which palmitate desensitizes L6 muscle cells to insulin...
- The mitogenic and antiapoptotic actions of ghrelin in 3T3-L1 adipocytesMin Seon Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 28 Yongon Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul 110 744, Korea
Mol Endocrinol 18:2291-301. 2004..These effects may be mediated via activation of the MAPK and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt pathways...
- Wnt signaling inhibits adipogenesis through beta-catenin-dependent and -independent mechanismsJennifer A Kennell
Program in Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0622, USA
J Biol Chem 280:24004-10. 2005..These data supported a model in which Wnt signaling inhibits adipogenesis through both beta-catenin-dependent and beta-catenin-independent mechanisms...
- Evidence of a possible role for Lys-gamma3-MSH in the regulation of adipocyte functionStephen C Harmer
School of Biological Sciences, The University of Reading, Whiteknights, PO Box 228, Reading, Berkshire RG6 6AJ, UK
J Endocrinol 196:149-58. 2008....
- Cholesterol-induced caveolin targeting to lipid droplets in adipocytes: a role for caveolar endocytosisSoazig Le Lay
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, Pfotenhauerstrasse 108, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Traffic 7:549-61. 2006..The present data identify lipid droplets as potential target organelles for caveolar endocytosis and demonstrate a role for caveolin-1 in the maintenance of free cholesterol levels in adipocyte lipid droplets...
- Regulation of insulin receptor substrate 1 pleckstrin homology domain by protein kinase C: role of serine 24 phosphorylationRanmali Nawaratne
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, UK
Mol Endocrinol 20:1838-52. 2006..Hence we provide evidence that IRS1-PH domain function is important for normal insulin signaling and is regulated by serine phosphorylation in a manner that could contribute to insulin resistance...
- The Rab4 effector Rabip4 plays a role in the endocytotic trafficking of Glut 4 in 3T3-L1 adipocytesMuriel Mari
INSERM U568, 06107 Nice, France
J Cell Sci 119:1297-306. 2006..These observations suggest that the uncoupling between Rabip4 and Rab4 induces the insertion of Glut 4 molecules that are unable to transport glucose into the plasma membrane...
- Necdin and E2F4 are modulated by rosiglitazone therapy in diabetic human adipose and muscle tissueAllison B Goldfine
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, One Joslin Place, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Diabetes 55:640-50. 2006..These data suggest that changes in necdin and E2F4 expression after rosiglitazone exposure in humans are associated with altered adipocyte differentiation and may contribute to improved insulin sensitivity in humans treated with TZDs...
- Lentiviral short hairpin ribonucleic acid-mediated knockdown of GLUT4 in 3T3-L1 adipocytesWei Liao
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, 92093, USA
Endocrinology 147:2245-52. 2006..These studies indicate that lentiviral shRNA constructs provide an excellent approach to deliver functional siRNAs into 3T3-L1 adipocytes for studying insulin signaling and adipocyte biology...
- Macrophages block insulin action in adipocytes by altering expression of signaling and glucose transport proteinsCarey N Lumeng
Life Sciences Institute, 210 Washtenaw Ave, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 292:E166-74. 2007..Thus both indirect/secreted and direct/cell contact-mediated factors derived from macrophages influence insulin sensitivity in adipocytes...
- Characterization of ScAP-23, a new cell line from murine subcutaneous adipose tissue, identifies genes for the molecular definition of preadipocytesJi Young Kim
Department of Biochemistry and Cancer Biology, University of Toledo Health Science Campus, Toledo, Ohio 43614, USA
Physiol Genomics 31:328-42. 2007..This suggests that comparative gene expression studies of ScAP-23 and 3T3-L1 adipogenesis may be particularly fruitful in identifying preadipocyte-expressed genes that play a role in adipose tissue physiology and/or pathophysiology...
- Inhibition of the anti-adipogenic Hedgehog signaling pathway by cyclopamine does not trigger adipocyte differentiationW Cousin
Institute of Signaling, Developmental Biology and Cancer CNRS UMR6543, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, Stem Cells and Differentiation, Nice, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 349:799-803. 2006..This suggests that Hedgehog signaling is an inadequate pharmacological target for patient suffering from syndromes associated with a decrease in fat mass, such as the ones observed in lipodystrophies...
- Orphan nuclear receptor TR2, a mediator of preadipocyte proliferation, is differentially regulated by RA through exchange of coactivator PCAF with corepressor RIP140 on a platform molecule GRIP1Pawan Gupta
Department of Pharmacology, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 35:2269-82. 2007..This results in a biphasic effect of RA on the expression of TR2 in undifferentiated and differentiated cells, which is required for RA-stimulated preadipocyte proliferation...
- Akt- and Foxo1-interacting WD-repeat-FYVE protein promotes adipogenesisThorsten Fritzius
Institute of Medical Virology, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
EMBO J 27:1399-410. 2008..Thus, ProF modulates Foxo1 phosphorylation by Akt, promoting adipocyte differentiation. Furthermore, ProF might be involved in metabolic disorders such as diabetes...
- Preadipocyte response and impairment of differentiation in an inflammatory environmentOdile Poulain-Godefroy
CNRS 8090, Institute of Biology, Pasteur Institute, 1 rue Calmette, BP447, 59021 Lille, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 356:662-7. 2007..This suggests that toll-like receptor mediated activation could regulate maintenance of preadipocyte status, and inflammatory environment encountered in inflamed white adipose tissue...
- Palmitate modulates intracellular signaling, induces endoplasmic reticulum stress, and causes apoptosis in mouse 3T3-L1 and rat primary preadipocytesWen Guo
Dept of Medicine, Boston Univ School of Medicine, 670 Albany St, 207, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 293:E576-86. 2007....
- Biochemistry and Cell Biology of CHC22 ClathrinFrances M Brodsky; Fiscal Year: 2013..The proposed research will characterize the molecular mechanism of CHC22 function, its cellular regulation and its relationship to membrane traffic pathways that malfunction in diabetes. ..
- The Role of MTP in Lipid Droplet Formation in AdipocytesLarry L Swift; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Requirement for Glucocorticoids for Adipogenesis in vivo.Charles A Harris; Fiscal Year: 2012..These Aims should answer the question as to whether glucocorticoid ligand and receptor are required for adipogenesis in vivo. ..
- The role of nicotinamide N-methyltransferase in glucose and lipid homeostasisPavlos Pissios; Fiscal Year: 2013..This proposal has direct relevance to the NIDDK mission and will establish NNMT as a potential new candidate gene for the treatment of the metabolic syndrome. ..
- ADIPOCYTE PROTEIN SECRETION AND INSULIN ACTIONHarvey Lodish; Fiscal Year: 2007..Functional studies and knock-out mice will be generated for each of these secreted proteins as warranted. ..
- Androgen Receptor Function in White Adipocyte DevelopmentBin He; Fiscal Year: 2010..Knowledge in this field may well facilitate the development of adipocyte selective androgen receptor modulators, which may be a useful treatment strategy for obesity-associated metabolic diseases. ..
- Role of TUG in the Formation of Insulin-Responsive GLUT4 VesiclesCharisse Orme; Fiscal Year: 2011..It is anticipated that the results of this work will have importance for understanding how GLUT4 glucose transporters are properly sorted from internal membranes into the insulin responsive compartment. ..
- Novel Mechanisms of PPARg in Adipose Tissue DevelopmentYaacov Barak; Fiscal Year: 2012..These insights will provide broad rationales for prevention and treatment of obesity. ..
- PHOSPHOENOLPYYRUVATE CARBOXYKINASE IN ADIPOSE TISSUEDavid Loose; Fiscal Year: 1991..These factors will be purified using a classical biochemical approach. The long term objective of this research is to broaden our understanding of how hormones elicit differential and tissue specific responses...
- REGULATION OF LDL RECEPTORS IN ADIPOCYTESFREDRIC KRAEMER; Fiscal Year: 1993....
- Protease Inhibitor Related Adipogenesis in HIV InfectionKrishna Agrawal; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will delineate the molecular mechanisms that may be responsible for the adipogenic side effects induced by the PIs in the presence of HIV infection. ..
- FATTY ACID ALPHA OXIDATION IN ADIPOCYTESXiong Su; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our study will gain significant insights into a novel pathway of fatty acid metabolism and the etiology of obesity and diabetes and will aid in the discovery of novel targets for treatment of these metabolic diseases. ..
- The role of calcineurin in adipocyte biologyNeil Clipstone; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- REGULATION OF ENERGY BALANCE--INTESTINAL MECHANISMSRichard Atkinson; Fiscal Year: 1999..Understanding the mechanisms of weight loss with obesity surgery may allow development of better medical and/or surgical procedures to treat obesity. ..
- INSULIN RECEPTOR/KINASE REGULATION IN THE INTACT CELLSRonald Kohanski; Fiscal Year: 1991....
- THE ROLE OF PLACENTAL LACTOGEN IN FETAL DEVELOPMENTMichael Freemark; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results of our studies should provide new insist into the roles of pituitary and placental hormones in adipose development and function. ..
- Insulin/TZD regulation of protein structure in fat cellsFred Schaufele; Fiscal Year: 2004..conformation of C/EBPa, PPARg, RXRa and the same co-activators, and3. conformations, dimers and interactions of the above factors specifically in the neighborhood of the genes that they regulate. ..
- Role of corepressors in the adipocyteRonald Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2006..It is anticipated that an examination of corepressor action on adipocyte function will allow for a greater understanding of the balance of forces regulating adipocyte action and the development of obesity and insulin resistance. ..
- Adipose Metabolic Profiling for Obesity Drug TargetingKyongbum Lee; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- GENETIC CONTROL OF MAMMALIAN CELL SURFACE FUNCTIONSNobuyoshi Shimizu; Fiscal Year: 1993....
- INSULIN/IGF-I REGULATION OF ADIPOCYTE DEVELOPMENTCharles Rubin; Fiscal Year: 1991..6) IGF-I and insulin-binding studies will be performed to correlate the level of occupancy of specific IGF-I and insulin receptors with the degree and extent of regulation of specific genes...
- Role of Beta-Catenin Antagonist Chibby in AdipogenesisKen Ichi Takemaru; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our research offers hope that blocking Cby's activity may be an effective therapy for obesity and its associated disorders. ..
- INTRACELLULAR SIGNALING IN REPLICATING PREADIPOCYTESJOYCE HARP; Fiscal Year: 2002..We propose to investigate the role of the JAK-STAT pathway and the cytoskeletal-adhesion complex in preadipocyte replication. ..
- REGULATION OF ADIPOGENESIS BY RETINOBLASTOMA PROTEINSROBERT MCGEHEE; Fiscal Year: 2001..Based on these findings, they hypothesize that the retinoblastoma family of proteins is involved in adipocyte differentiation. The application proposes experiments designed to examine mechanisms through which these interactions occur. ..
- The Role of DGAT1 In Muscle LipotoxicityYi Hao Yu; Fiscal Year: 2006..As a result, we may be able to identify new molecular target(s) for future drug therapy aimed at reducing lipotoxicity ..
- Contribution of ATGL in skeletal muscle to lipid metabolism and insulin actionERIN KERSHAW; Fiscal Year: 2008..Evaluating the role of ATGL-mediated fat breakdown in skeletal muscle will provide important insights into the pathophysiology and treatment of obesity, insulin resistance, and related metabolic disorders. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- LIPID METABOLISM IN FAT CELLSWen Guo; Fiscal Year: 2010..Together, these studies will provide new insights into the stress-induced regulation of lipogenesis in adipocytes, a potentially important avenue for modulating energy balance. ..
- Mechanisms of Energy Balance in the AdipocyteRichard Bradley; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- DGAT Overexpression In Mouse Adipose Tissue and MuscleYi Hao Yu; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Convergence of Nuclear Receptor and Forkhead SignalingPaul Dowell; Fiscal Year: 2004..The excellent research environment at Johns Hopkins coupled with an extensive collaborative team of experts in relevant fields of study is ideal for successful completion of the proposed work. ..
- C/EBP alpha in Aging LiverNikolai Timchenko; Fiscal Year: 2009..Based on data obtained in this project, we are planning to start developing a strategy to correct liver proliferation in elderly. ..
- BIOCHEMICAL CHARACTERIZATION OF PPARJOHN VANDEN HEUVEL; Fiscal Year: 2008..Taken together the proposed studies will greatly enhance our knowledge of PPARalpha's mechanism of action and hence our understanding of an important class of carcinogen. ..
- Matrix Metalloproteinases, Exercise, and Muscle DamageDavid Allen; Fiscal Year: 2008..Finally, subjects will be genotyped for known functional MMP promoter polymorphisms, which will be correlated with MMP levels and muscle damage and soreness following eccentric exercise. ..
- CHROMIUM ENHANCES INSULIN & GLUT4 ACTION VIA LIPID RAFTSJEFFREY ELMENDORF; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Triple threat screening for modifiers of Protein Ser/Thr Phosphatase 2CDAVID BRAUTIGAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..Chemical modifiers of PP2C have potential medicinal applications and will be used as research tools to study signaling in normal and cancer cells. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Regulation of adipocyte differentiation and metabolismOrmond A MacDougald; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- IL-15, Body Compositition and Insulin Sensivity in AgingLeBris S Quinn; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Role of Insulin Regulation of Beta Cell Function in Vivo and in VitroAllison Goldfine; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies may provide a unifying explanation linking the combined defects in insulin secretion and action that underlie type 2 diabetes. ..
- Leukocyte C2GIcNAcT-I in atherosclerosisYuqing Huo; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will have significant implications for the inhibition of leukocyte C2GlcNAcT-l in the prevention and treatment of atherosclerosis and its complications. ..
- REGULATION OF LIPOGENESISM Lane; Fiscal Year: 2001..for derepression and repression of the SCD1 and SCD2 genes. ..
- Insulin Control of Fat Regulation and Exercise in TeensKristen Nadeau; Fiscal Year: 2008..The K-23 application will help me reach my long-term goal of being an independent investigator in the field of pediatric insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes. ..
- Lipid Droplets: Metabolic Consequences of Stored Neutral LipidsDawn Brasaemle; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Indentification of AKT2/aPKC Substrates in AdipocytesPrem Sharma; Fiscal Year: 2005..We believe that the findings from the proposed investigations will improve our general understanding of players of insulin resistance and offer potential insight into new therapeutic modalities. ..
- Molecular Genetics of Deafness in the Ames Waltzer ModelKumar Alagramam; Fiscal Year: 2005..Additionally, we also plan to identify proteins that interact with the protein encoded by Pcdh15. ..
- Antiadipogenic Influence of HIV Protease InhibitorsM Lane; Fiscal Year: 2005..The long term objective of the proposed research is to facilitate the design of anti-HIV therapeutics that lack lipoatrophic potential. ..
- Analysis of Therapeutic Adipose Tissue RemodelingJAMES GRANNEMAN; Fiscal Year: 2004..2) To examine adipose tissue cellular dynamics during therapeutic remodeling induced by agonist activation of beta3-adrenergic receptors and PPAR-gamma. ..
- APOE RECYCLING: Cell Biology and Physiologic RelevanceLARRY SWIFT; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will primarily focus on apoE recycling by the hepatocyte, but will also expand to the macrophage, a cell type for which the impact of apoE recycling on function may be of great relevance to atherogenesis. ..
- IDENTIFICATION AND STUDY OF PPARgamma-REGULATED GENESDOROTHY SEARS; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- PHYSIOLOGY AND MOLECULAR DETERMINANTS OF DIABETESAllison Goldfine; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- C/EBPB And Mitotic Clonal Expansion During AdipogenesisQi Qun Tang; Fiscal Year: 2004..identify the kinase(s) that catalyzes this/these phosphorylation/s and to determine how the kinase(s) is regulated. -determine the role of C/EBP-beta in mitotic clonal expansion and how phosphorylation of C/EBP-beta affects this role...
- Chemokines, nitric oxide, and myocardial depressionBysani Chandrasekar; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results from these studies will further our knowledge of chemokine biology and lead to new therapeutic strategies to prevent or treat myocardial dysfunction in ischemia-reperfusion injury. ..
- Gene Therapy of Muscle Wasting From UremiaXiaonan Wang; Fiscal Year: 2005..We believe that the experimental results will shed the insight on the mechanisms of muscle protein degradation, and provide a possible new approach to treat the pathological process of muscle wasting. ..
- Genistein induces thymic atrophy: a health concern?Paul Cooke; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will advance our understanding of isoflavone effects on the immune system, and also may have relevance for soy-fed infants and laboratory rodents consuming soy-based feed. ..
- Inhibition of leukocyte C2GlcNAcT--l reduces thrombosisYuqing Huo; Fiscal Year: 2007..Inhibition of C2GIcNAcT-I may be a novel approach for preventive and therapeutic interventions in arterial thrombosis in atherosclerosis. ..
- RAPAMYCIN BLOCKADE OF PROTEIN PHOSPHATASE SIGNALINGDAVID BRAUTIGAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed studies will give new insights into an under-studied phosphatase-signaling pathway and provide information on the molecular basis for action of and resistance to rapamycin. ..
- HORMONAL CONTROL OF ADIPOSE GENE EXPRESSIONM Lane; Fiscal Year: 2007..The 32kDa CUP/AP-2alpha- interacting protein, p32, previously identified in our lab, will be characterized and its role determined. ..
- Mechanism of Promotion of Adipogenesis by Adenovirus-36NIKHIL DHURANDHAR; Fiscal Year: 2007..We believe that determining the role of viral infections in human obesity may influence the treatment, management, and possible prevention of such type of obesity. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PPARGamma in Sepsis-Induced ImmunosuppressionRaju Reddy; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- FACTORS AND GENES RESPONSIBLE FOR ADIPOCYTE COMMITMENTM Lane; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- CHROMIUM ENHANCEMENT OF INSULIN SIGNALINGDAVID BRAUTIGAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Developmental toxicity of environmental chemicalsFREDERICK VOM SAAL; Fiscal Year: 2006..5a-reductase activity will be determined by radiometric assay. ..
- ROLE OF INSULIN AND IGF-1 ON BROWN ADIPOCYTESYu Hua Tseng; Fiscal Year: 2003..Accomplishment of the proposed studies will further our understanding on hormonal controls of metabolism and survival of brown adipocytes. ..