Genomes and Genes
Summary: The biosynthesis of DNA carried out on a template of RNA.
Publications306 found, 100 shown here
- Complementary assays reveal a relationship between HIV-1 uncoating and reverse transcriptionAmy E Hulme
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:9975-80. 2011..uncoating in HIV-1-infected cells, specifically looking at the timing of uncoating and its relationship to reverse transcription. We developed a fluorescent microscopy-based uncoating assay that detects the association of p24(CA) with ..
- Structure of human RNase H1 complexed with an RNA/DNA hybrid: insight into HIV reverse transcriptionMarcin Nowotny
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Mol Cell 28:264-76. 2007..The region that accommodates this conformational change offers a target to develop HIV-specific inhibitors...
- Deaminase-independent inhibition of HIV-1 reverse transcription by APOBEC3GYasumasa Iwatani
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 35:7096-108. 2007APOBEC3G (A3G), a host protein that inhibits HIV-1 reverse transcription and replication in the absence of Vif, displays cytidine deaminase and single-stranded (ss) nucleic acid binding activities...
- Suppression of HIV-1 infection by APOBEC3 proteins in primary human CD4(+) T cells is associated with inhibition of processive reverse transcription as well as excessive cytidine deaminationKieran Gillick
Department of Infectious Diseases, King s College London, London, United Kingdom
J Virol 87:1508-17. 2013..These proteins exert their suppressive effects through the inhibition of viral reverse transcription as well as the induction of cytidine deamination within nascent viral cDNA...
- APOBEC3G inhibits elongation of HIV-1 reverse transcriptsKate N Bishop
Department of Infectious Diseases, King s College London School of Medicine, Guy s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
PLoS Pathog 4:e1000231. 2008..Initial studies determined that A3G induces extensive mutation of nascent HIV-1 cDNA during reverse transcription. It has been proposed that this triggers the degradation of the viral DNA, but there is now mounting ..
- Hepatitis B viruses: reverse transcription a different wayMichael Nassal
University Hospital Freiburg, Internal Medicine 2 Molecular Biology, Hugstetter Str 55, D 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Virus Res 134:235-49. 2008..hepatitis in humans, is the type member of the Hepadnaviridae, hepatotropic DNA viruses that replicate via reverse transcription. Beyond long-established differences to retroviruses in gene expression and overall replication strategy ..
- RING domain mutations uncouple TRIM5α restriction of HIV-1 from inhibition of reverse transcription and acceleration of uncoatingAmanda Roa
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine Bronx, New York, USA
J Virol 86:1717-27. 2012..TRIM5α(rh)) is a cytosolic protein that potently restricts HIV-1 at an early postentry stage, prior to reverse transcription. The ability of TRIM5α(rh) to block HIV-1 infection has been correlated with a decrease of pelletable HIV-..
- Nucleocapsid protein function in early infection processesJames A Thomas
AIDS Vaccine Program, Basic Sciences Program, SAIC Frederick, Inc, NCI Frederick, P O Box B, Building 535, Room 410, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
Virus Res 134:39-63. 2008..protein (NC) in the early steps of retroviral replication appears largely that of a facilitator for reverse transcription and integration. Using a wide variety of cell-free assay systems, the properties of mature NC proteins (e...
- Vpx is critical for reverse transcription of the human immunodeficiency virus type 2 genome in macrophagesMikako Fujita
Department of Bioorganic Medicinal Chemistry, Faculty of Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto 862 0973, Japan
J Virol 82:7752-6. 2008..Our results here clearly demonstrated that the entire Vpx protein is critical for reverse transcription of the HIV-2 genome in human MDMs.
- Low-bias, strand-specific transcriptome Illumina sequencing by on-flowcell reverse transcription (FRT-seq)Lira Mamanova
The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Cambridge, UK
Nat Protoc 6:1736-47. 2011..PCR is an inherently biased process, which decreases the efficiency of data acquisition. Flowcell reverse transcription sequencing is a method of transcriptome sequencing for Illumina sequencers in which the reverse ..
- Detection of severe fever with thrombocytopenia syndrome virus by reverse transcription-cross-priming amplification coupled with vertical flow visualizationLunbiao Cui
Institute of Pathogen Microbiology, Jiangsu Provincial Center for Disease Prevention and Control, Key Laboratories of Enteric Pathogenic Microbiology, Ministry of Health, Nanjing, China
J Clin Microbiol 50:3881-5. 2012..We developed a nearly instrument-free, simple molecular method which incorporates reverse transcription-cross-priming amplification (RT-CPA) coupled with a vertical flow (VF) visualization strip for rapid ..
- RNA-mediated interference and reverse transcription control the persistence of RNA viruses in the insect model DrosophilaBertsy Goic
Institut Pasteur, Viruses and RNA Interference, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique URA3015, Paris, France
Nat Immunol 14:396-403. 2013..Conversely, inhibition of reverse transcription hindered the appearance of chimeric DNA and prevented persistence...
- Role of TRIM5α RING domain E3 ubiquitin ligase activity in capsid disassembly, reverse transcription blockade, and restriction of simian immunodeficiency virusJonghwa Kim
Department of Cancer Immunology and AIDS, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Virol 85:8116-32. 2011..activity was essential for both the accelerated disassembly of SIV(mac) capsids and the disruption of reverse transcription. The levels of SIV(mac) particulate capsids in the cytosol of target cells expressing the TRIM5α variants ..
- Single-cell gene expression profiling using reverse transcription quantitative real-time PCRAnders Ståhlberg
Lundberg Laboratory for Cancer, Department of Pathology, Sahlgrenska Academy at University of Gothenburg, Gula straket 8, 413 45 Gothenburg, Sweden
Methods 50:282-8. 2010..single cells either by glass capillaries or flow cytometry, followed by quantitative mRNA profiling using reverse transcription and real-time PCR...
- Novel functions of prototype foamy virus Gag glycine- arginine-rich boxes in reverse transcription and particle morphogenesisErik Müllers
Institut fur Virologie, Medizinische Fakultät Carl Gustav Carus, Technische Universitat Dresden, Fetscherstr 74, 01307 Dresden, Germany
J Virol 85:1452-63. 2011..that are essential for various steps of the orthoretroviral replication cycle, such as RNA packaging, reverse transcription, infectivity, integration, and viral assembly...
- Strand transfer events during HIV-1 reverse transcriptionVandana Purohit Basu
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Box 712, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Virus Res 134:19-38. 2008Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) and other retroviruses replicate through reverse transcription, a process in which the single stranded RNA of the viral genome is converted to a double stranded DNA...
- Quantification of cDNA generated by reverse transcription of total RNA provides a simple alternative tool for quantitative RT-PCR normalizationJirí Libus
Institute of Experimental Botany, Prague, Czech Republic
Biotechniques 41:156, 158, 160 passim. 2006
- Initiation of HIV-1 reverse transcription and functional role of nucleocapsid-mediated tRNA/viral genome interactionsDona Sleiman
Laboratoire de Cristallographie et RMN Biologiques, Universite Paris Descartes, CNRS UMR 8015, 4 avenue de l Observatoire, 75006 Paris, France
Virus Res 169:324-39. 2012HIV-1 reverse transcription is initiated from a tRNA(Lys)(3) molecule annealed to the viral RNA at the primer binding site (PBS)...
- Comparative nucleic acid chaperone properties of the nucleocapsid protein NCp7 and Tat protein of HIV-1Julien Godet
Laboratoire de Biophotonique et Pharmacologie, Faculte de Pharmacie, UMR 7213 CNRS, Universite de Strasbourg, 67401 Illkirch, France
Virus Res 169:349-60. 2012..In retroviruses, the reverse transcription of the viral RNA requires multiple and complex nucleic acid rearrangements that need to be chaperoned...
- Aromatic residue mutations reveal direct correlation between HIV-1 nucleocapsid protein's nucleic acid chaperone activity and retroviral replicationHao Wu
Northeastern University, Department of Physics, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Virus Res 171:263-77. 2013..as a nucleic acid chaperone, in which the protein facilitates nucleic acid rearrangements important for reverse transcription and recombination...
- Uracil DNA glycosylase initiates degradation of HIV-1 cDNA containing misincorporated dUTP and prevents viral integrationAmy F Weil
Department of Pharmacology and Molecular Sciences, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:E448-57. 2013..When the virus-infected cells contained elevated dUTP levels, reverse transcription was found to proceed unperturbed, but integration and viral protein expression were largely blocked...
- APOBEC3 inhibition of mouse mammary tumor virus infection: the role of cytidine deamination versus inhibition of reverse transcriptionAlyssa L Macmillan
Department of Microbiology, Institute for Immunology and Abramson Cancer Center, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Virol 87:4808-17. 2013..APOBEC3 restricts its viral targets through cytidine deamination of viral DNA during reverse transcription or via deaminase-independent means...
- Murine leukemia virus glycosylated Gag blocks apolipoprotein B editing complex 3 and cytosolic sensor access to the reverse transcription complexSpyridon Stavrou
Department of Microbiology, Abramson Cancer Center and Institute for Immunology, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19103, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:9078-83. 2013..Moreover, in vitro endogenous reverse transcription reactions of the glyco-Gag mutant virus were substantially inhibited compared with WT virus, but only in ..
- Intensity of deoxycytidine deamination of HIV-1 proviral DNA by the retroviral restriction factor APOBEC3G is mediated by the noncatalytic domainYuqing Feng
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
J Biol Chem 286:11415-26. 2011..F126A/W127A) or sliding (H186R), which results in decreased abilities to induce mutagenesis during reverse transcription. The data reveal a functionality for Apo3G oligomers in deamination and provide the first biochemical ..
- SAMHD1: a new contributor to HIV-1 restriction in resting CD4+ T-cellsLi Wu
Center for Retrovirus Research, Department of Veterinary Bioscience, The Ohio State University, 1900 Coffey Road, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Retrovirology 9:88. 2012..T-cells that support HIV-1 infection, resting CD4+ T-cells have lower levels of dNTPs, which limit HIV-1 reverse transcription. The dNTPase SAMHD1 has been identified as an HIV-1 restriction factor in non-cycling myeloid cells...
- Coordinate roles of Gag and RNA helicase A in promoting the annealing of formula to HIV-1 RNALi Xing
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research and McGill AIDS Centre, Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Virol 85:1847-60. 2011RNA helicase A (RHA) has been shown to promote HIV-1 replication at both the translation and reverse transcription stages...
- Identification of modified residues in RNAs by reverse transcription-based methodsYuri Motorin
Laboratoire de Maturation des ARN et Enzymologie Moleculaire, Faculte des Sciences et Techniques, Nancy Universite, Vandouevre les Nancy, France
Methods Enzymol 425:21-53. 2007..An alternative to these techniques is the use of reverse transcription (RT)-based approaches...
- Regulation of hepadnavirus reverse transcription by dynamic nucleocapsid phosphorylationSuresh H Basagoudanavar
Department of Microbiology and Immunology H107, The Penn State University College of Medicine, 500 University Dr, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
J Virol 81:1641-9. 2007b>Reverse transcription, an essential step in the life cycle of all retroelements, is a complex, multistep process whose regulation is not yet clearly understood...
- Correct capsid assembly mediated by a conserved YXXLGL motif in prototype foamy virus Gag is essential for infectivity and reverse transcription of the viral genomeIngrid Mannigel
Institut fur Virologie, Medizinische Fakultät Carl Gustav Carus, Technische Universitat Dresden, Fetscherstrasse 74, 01307 Dresden, Germany
J Virol 81:3317-26. 2007..analysis and quantification of particle-associated viral nucleic acids demonstrated defects in genomic reverse transcription for all the noninfectious mutants, a process that, unlike that of orthoretroviruses, in the case of FVs ..
- Cytidine deaminases APOBEC3G and APOBEC3F interact with human immunodeficiency virus type 1 integrase and inhibit proviral DNA formationKun Luo
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 615 N Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Virol 81:7238-48. 2007..In HIV-1 virions, A3G interacted with HIV-1 integrase and nucleocapsid, key viral factors for reverse transcription and integration...
- Endogenous non-retroviral RNA virus elements in mammalian genomesMasayuki Horie
Department of Virology, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases BIKEN, Osaka University, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Nature 463:84-7. 2010....
- How the HIV-1 nucleocapsid protein binds and destabilises the (-)primer binding site during reverse transcriptionSarah Bourbigot
Unite de Pharmacologie Chimique et Genetique, CNRS, UMR 8151, INSERM, U 640, Paris, F 75270 cedex 06, France
J Mol Biol 383:1112-28. 2008..virus type 1 nucleocapsid protein (NCp7) plays an important role in the second strand transfer during reverse transcription. It promotes annealing of the 18-nucleotide complementary DNA primer-binding site (PBS) sequences at the 3'..
- Probing nucleation, reverse annealing, and chaperone function along the reaction path of HIV-1 single-strand transferYining Zeng
Center for Nano and Molecular Science and Technology, University of Texas, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:12651-6. 2007b>Reverse transcription of the HIV-1 genome involves several nucleic acid rearrangement steps that are catalyzed (chaperoned) by the nucleocapsid protein (NC), including the annealing of the transactivation response region (TAR) RNA of the ..
- Role of the Bombyx mori R2 element N-terminal domain in the target-primed reverse transcription (TPRT) reactionShawn M Christensen
Department of Biology, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14627 0211, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 33:6461-8. 2005..Mutations of the protein domain also affected binding of the upstream subunit but not its function, suggesting the primary path to DNA target recognition by R2 involves both upstream and downstream subunits...
- Hepatitis B virus reverse transcriptase and epsilon RNA sequences required for specific interaction in vitroJianming Hu
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, H107, The Penn State University College of Medicine, Hershey, 17033, USA
J Virol 80:2141-50. 2006Initiation of reverse transcription and nucleocapsid assembly in hepatitis B virus (HBV) depends on the specific recognition of an RNA signal (the packaging signal, epsilon) on the pregenomic RNA by the viral reverse transcriptase (RT)...
- Vif is a RNA chaperone that could temporally regulate RNA dimerization and the early steps of HIV-1 reverse transcriptionS Henriet
Architecture et Reactivite de l ARN, Universite Louis Pasteur, CNRS, IBMC, 15 rue Rene Descartes, 67084, Strasbourg Cedex, France
Nucleic Acids Res 35:5141-53. 2007..produced in the absence of Vif exhibit structural defects and are defective in the early steps of reverse transcription. Here, we show that Vif is able to anneal primer tRNA(Lys3) to the viral RNA, to decrease pausing of ..
- Evaluating viral interference between Influenza virus and Newcastle disease virus using real-time reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction in chicken eggsShengqiang Ge
Animal Infectious Disease Laboratory, College of Veterinary Medicine, Yangzhou University, Yangzhou 225009, China
Virol J 9:128. 2012..Our research revisited the replication interference potential of AIV and NDV using real-time reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (real-time RT-PCR) for AIV and NDV to specifically detect the viral genomes in ..
- Detection of equine rotavirus by reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP)Manabu Nemoto
Epizootic Research Center, Equine Research Institute, Japan Racing Association, Shiba, Shimotsuke, Tochigi, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 72:823-6. 2010b>Reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP) was applied to detection of equine rotavirus...
- The reverse transcriptase encoded by the non-LTR retrotransposon R2 is as error-prone as that encoded by HIV-1Varuni K Jamburuthugoda
Department of Biology, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14627 0211, USA
J Mol Biol 407:661-72. 2011..is a by-product of the flexibility of its active site/dNTP binding pocket required for the target-primed reverse transcription reaction used by R2 for retrotransposition...
- A high level of mutation tolerance in the multifunctional sequence encoding the RNA encapsidation signal of an avian hepatitis B virus and slow evolution rate revealed by in vivo infectionBernadette Schmid
University Hospital Freiburg, Department of Internal Medicine II Molecular Biology, Hugstetter Str 55, D 79106 Freiburg, Germany
J Virol 85:9300-13. 2011In all hepadnaviruses, protein-primed reverse transcription of the pregenomic RNA (pgRNA) is initiated by binding of the viral polymerase, P protein, to the ε RNA element...
- Secondary structure of the HIV reverse transcription initiation complex by NMRElisabetta Viani Puglisi
Department of Structural Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5126, USA
J Mol Biol 410:863-74. 2011Initiation of reverse transcription of genomic RNA is a key early step in replication of the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) upon infection of a host cell...
- Inhibition of reverse transcriptase activity increases stability of the HIV-1 coreYang Yang
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, USA
J Virol 87:683-7. 2013Previous studies showed that HIV-1 reverse transcription occurs during or before uncoating, linking mechanistically reverse transcription with uncoating...
- Effect of Mg(2+) and Na(+) on the nucleic acid chaperone activity of HIV-1 nucleocapsid protein: implications for reverse transcriptionMy Nuong Vo
Department of Chemistry and Institute for Molecular Virology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Mol Biol 386:773-88. 2009..In vitro, NC chaperone activity is typically assayed under conditions of low or no Mg(2+), even though reverse transcription requires the presence of divalent cations...
- Development and validation of reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification for detection of PRRSVChangmu Chen
Division of Swine Infectious Disease, State Key Laboratory of Veterinary Biotechnology, Harbin Veterinary Research Institute of CAAS, No 427, Maduan Street, Nangang District, Harbin, Heilongjiang 150001, People s Republic of China
Virus Genes 40:76-83. 2010..Because it is specific and simple, the RT-LAMP assay will be useful for the diagnosis of PRRSV infection...
- Antisense-induced guanine quadruplexes inhibit reverse transcription by HIV-1 reverse transcriptaseMasaki Hagihara
Department of Regulatory Bioorganic Chemistry, The Institute of Scientific and Industrial Research, Osaka University, Ibaraki 567 0047, Osaka, Japan
J Am Chem Soc 132:11171-8. 2010..on RNA templates in a predictable and sequence-specific manner, which in practice effectively inhibited reverse transcription on a variety of RNA sequences, including the HIV-1 RNA genome...
- Evaluation of reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification in conjunction with ELISA-hybridization assay for molecular detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosisMei Feng Lee
Graduate Institute of Medicine, College of Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung 807, Taiwan
J Microbiol Methods 76:174-80. 2009..In this study, the reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification combined with enzyme-linked immunosorbent hybridization (RT-LAMP-..
- Development and evaluation of a reverse transcription-loop-mediated isothermal amplification assay for rapid detection of enterovirus 71Tao Jiang
State Key Laboratory of Pathogen and Biosecurity, Beijing Institute of Microbiology and Epidemiology, No 20 Dongda Street, Fengtai District, Beijing 100071, China
J Clin Microbiol 49:870-4. 2011..In this study, a simple and sensitive reverse transcription-loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP) assay was developed for rapid detection of EV71...
- Proteasome inhibitors uncouple rhesus TRIM5alpha restriction of HIV-1 reverse transcription and infectionXiaolu Wu
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:7465-70. 2006..all TRIM5alpha proteins block the early replication of retroviruses by preventing the accumulation of reverse transcription products, but the underlying mechanism remains unclear...
- APOBEC3G inhibits DNA strand transfer during HIV-1 reverse transcriptionXiao Yu Li
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research and McGill AIDS Centre, Jewish General Hospital, Department of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3T 1E2, Canada
J Biol Chem 282:32065-74. 2007..late viral DNA synthesis is due to the inhibition by hA3G of the strand transfer steps that occur during reverse transcription. Analysis of viral cDNA intermediates in vivo reveals that hA3G causes an inhibition of the minus and plus ..
- Selective targeting of ITK blocks multiple steps of HIV replicationJulie A Readinger
Genetic Disease Research Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:6684-9. 2008..Our data suggest that inhibition of ITK blocks HIV infection by affecting multiple steps of HIV replication...
- The mechanism of HIV-1 Tat-directed nucleic acid annealing supports its role in reverse transcriptionC Boudier
Laboratoire de Biophotonique et Pharmacologie, UMR CNRS 7213, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite de Strasbourg, 74 route du Rhin, 67401 Illkirch Cedex, France
J Mol Biol 400:487-501. 2010..Tat is also thought to be involved in the reverse transcription (RTion) reaction by a still unknown mechanism...
- Fundamental differences between the nucleic acid chaperone activities of HIV-1 nucleocapsid protein and Gag or Gag-derived proteins: biological implicationsTiyun Wu
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, Program in Genomics of Differentiation, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 2780, USA
Virology 405:556-67. 2010..Our findings illustrate one reason why NC (and not Gag) has evolved as a critical cofactor in reverse transcription, a paradigm that might also extend to other retrovirus systems.
- Role of SAMHD1 nuclear localization in restriction of HIV-1 and SIVmacAlberto Brandariz-Nuñez
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine Bronx, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Retrovirology 9:49. 2012SAMHD1 is a nuclear protein that blocks lentiviral infection before reverse transcription in macrophages and dendritic cells...
- Compensatory role of human immunodeficiency virus central polypurine tract sequence in kinetically disrupted reverse transcriptionMark Skasko
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Virol 82:7716-20. 2008....
- HIV-1 reverse transcription initiation: a potential target for novel antivirals?Truus E M Abbink
Laboratory of Experimental Virology, Department of Medical Microbiology, Centre for Infection and Immunity Amsterdam CINIMA, Academic Medical Centre of the University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 15, 1105 AZ, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Virus Res 134:4-18. 2008b>Reverse transcription is an essential step in the retroviral life cycle, as it converts the genomic RNA into DNA. In this review, we describe recent developments concerning the initiation step of this complex, multi-step reaction...
- tRNAs promote nuclear import of HIV-1 intracellular reverse transcription complexesLyubov Zaitseva
1Wohl Virion Centre, London, United Kingdom
PLoS Biol 4:e332. 2006..This property depends on nuclear import of the intracellular reverse transcription and pre-integration complexes (RTCs/PICs)...
- Zip Nucleic Acids: new high affinity oligonucleotides as potent primers for PCR and reverse transcriptionValérie Moreau
Polyplus transfection SA, Bioparc, Illkirch, France
Nucleic Acids Res 37:e130. 2009..In reverse transcription experiments, ZNA gene-specific primers improve the yield of cDNA synthesis, thus increasing the accuracy ..
- Diagnosis of human respiratory syncytial virus infection using reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplificationKazuya Shirato
Laboratory of Acute Respiratory Viral Diseases and Cytokines, Department of Virology III, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Murayama Branch, 4 7 1 Gakuen, Musashimurayama, Tokyo 208 0011, Japan
J Virol Methods 139:78-84. 2007..A reverse transcription-loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP) was developed assay to amplify the genome of RSV ..
- CCR5-, DC-SIGN-dependent endocytosis and delayed reverse transcription after human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection in human astrocytesKumaran Deiva
Laboratoire Immunité antivirale systémique et cérébrale, INSERM U 802, Faculté de Médecine Paris Sud et Université Paris Sud eleven, 94276 Le Kremlin Bicetre Cedex, France
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 22:1152-61. 2006..Astrocytes express DC-SIGN and HIV-1 penetrates into these cells through CCR5- and/or DCSIGN- mediated endocytosis, via a pH-dependent pathway, with a delayed reverse transcription after infection without productive infection.
- Intracerebral Borna disease virus infection of bank voles leading to peripheral spread and reverse transcription of viral RNAPaula Maria Kinnunen
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
PLoS ONE 6:e23622. 2011..of bank vole led to systemic infection of the nervous tissue and viral excretion, as well as frequent reverse transcription of the BDV genome, enabling genomic integration...
- Efficient reverse transcription using locked nucleic acid nucleotides towards the evolution of nuclease resistant RNA aptamersLucile Crouzier
School of Chemistry and Molecular Biosciences, The University of Queensland, St Lucia, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
PLoS ONE 7:e35990. 2012..Evolution of LNA-modified RNA aptamers requires an efficient reverse transcription method for PCR enrichment of the selected RNA aptamer candidates...
- Sequence-specific inhibition of duck hepatitis B virus reverse transcription by peptide nucleic acids (PNA)Magdalena Robaczewska
INSERM U271, 151 Cours Albert Thomas, F 69424 Lyon Cedex 03, France
J Hepatol 42:180-7. 2005..Our aim was to study the ability of PNAs targeting the duck HBV (DHBV) encapsidation signal epsilon to inhibit reverse transcription (RT) and to compare their efficacy with phosphorothioate oligodeoxynucleotides (S-ODNs).
- Genesis of ancestral haplotypes: RNA modifications and reverse transcription-mediated polymorphismsEdward J Steele
C Y O Connor ERADE Village Foundation, Canning Vale, Western Australia, Australia
Hum Immunol 72:283-293.e1. 2011..These are then copied back into DNA by a cellular reverse transcription process (also likely to be error-prone) that we have called "reverse transcription-mediated long DNA ..
- Technique for strand-specific gene-expression analysis and monitoring of primer-independent cDNA synthesis in reverse transcriptionLin Feng
Minerva Foundation Institute for Medical Research, Helsinki, Finland
Biotechniques 52:263-70. 2012Primer-independent cDNA synthesis during reverse transcription hinders quantitative analysis of bidirectional mRNA synthesis in eukaryotes as well as in cells infected with RNA viruses...
- Rapid genetic diagnosis with transcription-reverse transcription concerted reaction system for peritoneal recurrence and survival in colorectal cancer patientsTamuro Hayama
Department of Surgery, Teikyo University School of Medicine, Tokyo 173 0003, Japan
Oncol Rep 18:779-84. 2007..In this study, we focused on establishing a novel rapid RNA direct amplification system with transcription-reverse transcription concerted reaction (TRC) to detect carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) mRNA in peritoneal washings, and its ..
- Role of integrase in reverse transcription of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae retrotransposon Ty1M Wilhelm
Institut de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, 15 rue Rene Descartes, 67084 Strasbourg, France
Eukaryot Cell 4:1057-65. 2005..We suggest that interaction between these acidic amino acid residues of IN and a basic region of RT could be critical for the correct folding of RT and for the formation of an active conformation of the enzyme...
- Exploiting structurally diverse nucleoside analogs as probes of reverse transcription complexesJason W Rausch
RT Biochemistry Section, HIV Drug Resistance Program, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, Frederick MD 21702, USA
Curr HIV Res 5:11-22. 2007..versatile enzyme accommodates the conformationally-distinct nucleic acid substrates encountered during the reverse transcription cycle...
- Reverse transcription-loop-mediated isothermal amplification assay for rapid detection of hepatitis E virusXi Lan
Key Laboratory of Animal Virology of Ministry of Agriculture, State Key Laboratory of Veterinary Etiological Biology, Lanzhou Veterinary Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Lanzhou, Gansu, People s Republic of China
J Clin Microbiol 47:2304-6. 2009The one-step single-tube betaine-free reverse transcription (RT)-loop-mediated isothermal amplification assay was developed for rapid diagnosis of hepatitis E virus...
- Development and evaluation of a simple assay for Marburg virus detection using a reverse transcription-loop-mediated isothermal amplification methodYohei Kurosaki
National Research Institute of Police Science, Kashiwa, Japan
J Clin Microbiol 48:2330-6. 2010..Here, we developed and evaluated a one-step reverse transcription-loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP) assay for the rapid and simple detection of MARV...
- Development of a transcription-reverse transcription concerted reaction method for specific detection of human enterovirus 71 from clinical specimensNaoto Nakajima
Tokyo Research Center, TOSOH Corp, Hayakawa, Ayase City, Kanagawa, Japan
J Clin Microbiol 50:1764-8. 2012A transcription-reverse transcription (RT) concerted reaction (TRCR) method was developed for rapid and specific detection of EV71 from clinical specimens...
- Retroviral reverse transcriptionLuis Menéndez-Arias
Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, and Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, C Nicolás Cabrera, 1, Campus de Cantoblanco, Madrid, Spain
Virus Res 134:1-3. 2008
- Recombination of retrotransposon and exogenous RNA virus results in nonretroviral cDNA integrationMarkus B Geuking
Institute of Experimental Immunology, University Hospital Zurich, Schmelzbergstrasse 12, 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Science 323:393-6. 2009Retroviruses have the potential to acquire host cell-derived genetic material during reverse transcription and can integrate into the genomes of larger, more complex DNA viruses...
- Multicenter evaluation of a transcription-reverse transcription concerted assay for rapid detection of mycobacterium tuberculosis complex in clinical specimensV Drouillon
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Raymond Poincare Hospital, Microbiology Laboratory, 104 boulevard Raymond Poincaré, 92380 Garches, France
J Clin Microbiol 47:3461-5. 2009..multicenter study was performed to evaluate the performance of a new method, based on the transcription-reverse transcription concerted reaction (TRC-2), which enabled one-step amplification and real-time detection of the ..
- Evaluation of reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification assays for rapid diagnosis of pandemic influenza A/H1N1 2009 virusMina Nakauchi
Influenza Virus Research Center, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Musashimurayama, Tokyo, Japan
J Med Virol 83:10-5. 2011Two genetic diagnosis systems using reverse transcription-loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP) technology were evaluated: one for detecting the HA gene of the pandemic influenza A/H1N1 2009 virus (H1pdm RT-LAMP) and the other ..
- Sense or antisense? False priming reverse transcription controls are required for determining sequence orientation by reverse transcription-PCRThomas Beiter
Medical Clinic, Department of Sports Medicine, University of Tubingen, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Anal Biochem 369:258-61. 2007
- Galphai protein-dependant extracellular signal-regulated kinase-1/2 activation is required for HIV-1 reverse transcriptionClement Mettling
Institut de Genetique Humaine, CNRS UPR1142, Montpellier, France
AIDS 22:1569-76. 2008..In this study, we pursued the identification of the downstream signaling molecules in CCR5-mediated infection. We also questioned whether CXCR4 using HIV-1 strains induce the same signaling mechanism...
- Reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification for the rapid detection of infectious bronchitis virus in infected chicken tissuesHao tai Chen
Key Laboratory of Animal Virology of Ministry of Agriculture, Key Laboratory of Veterinary Public Health of Ministry of Agriculture, State Key Laboratory of Veterinary Etiological Biology, Lanzhou Veterinary Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Lanzhou 730046, China
Mol Cell Probes 24:104-6. 2010A reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP) assay targeting the nucleocapsid phosphoprotein gene of infectious bronchitis virus (IBV) was developed...
- RNase H activity: structure, specificity, and function in reverse transcriptionSharon J Schultz
Department of Microbiology, School of Medicine, Box 357242, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Virus Res 134:86-103. 2008..All three modes of cleavage appear to have roles in reverse transcription. Nucleotide sequence is an important determinant of cleavage specificity with both enzymes exhibiting a ..
- Maturation of the HIV reverse transcription complex: putting the jigsaw togetherDavid Warrilow
Division of Infectious Diseases, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, Queensland 4006, Australia
Rev Med Virol 19:324-37. 2009..fusion and entry into the host cell cytoplasm, the viral core undergoes rearrangement to become the mature reverse transcription complex (RTC)...
- Mutations in human immunodeficiency virus type 1 nucleocapsid protein zinc fingers cause premature reverse transcriptionJames A Thomas
AIDS and Cancer Virus Program, SAIC Frederick, Inc, NCI Frederick, P O Box B, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
J Virol 82:9318-28. 2008..b>Reverse transcription generally begins once the core of the virion enters the cytoplasm of a newly infected cell...
- Augmentation of reverse transcription by integrase through an interaction with host factor, SIP1/Gemin2 Is critical for HIV-1 infectionHironori Nishitsuji
Department of Immunotherapeutics, Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 4:e7825. 2009There has been accumulating evidence for the involvement of retroviral integrase (IN) in the reverse transcription of viral RNA...
- Structural variability of the initiation complex of HIV-1 reverse transcriptionValerie Goldschmidt
Unité Propre de Recherche 9002 du CNRS conventionnée à l Université Louis Pasteur, IBMC, 15 rue Rene Descartes, 67084 Strasbourg Cedex, France
J Biol Chem 279:35923-31. 2004HIV-1 reverse transcription is initiated from a tRNA(3)(Lys) molecule annealed to the viral RNA at the primer binding site (PBS), but the structure of the initiation complex of reverse transcription remains controversial...
- Specific interactions between HIV-1 nucleocapsid protein and the TAR elementIgor Kanevsky
CNRS UMR8113, LBPA Alembert, Ecole Normale Superieure de Cachan, 94235 Cachan Cedex, France
J Mol Biol 348:1059-77. 2005During retroviral reverse transcription, the minus-strand strong-stop DNA (ss-cDNA) is transferred to the 3' end of the genomic RNA and this requires the repeat (R) sequences present at both ends of the genome...
- Vif-deficient HIV reverse transcription complexes (RTCs) are subject to structural changes and mutation of RTC-associated reverse transcription productsJ M Carr
Infectious Diseases Laboratories, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Adelaide, South Australia 5000, Australia
Virology 351:80-91. 2006b>Reverse transcription (RTn) in HIV-infected cells occurs in a nucleoprotein complex termed the reverse transcription complex (RTC)...
- HIV-susceptible transgenic rats allow rapid preclinical testing of antiviral compounds targeting virus entry or reverse transcriptionChristine Goffinet
Department of Virology, University of Heidelberg, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:1015-20. 2007..T cells and macrophages as a model for the preclinical evaluation of inhibitors targeting virus entry or reverse transcription. The concentrations of the peptidic fusion inhibitor enfuvirtide or the nonnucleoside reverse ..
- Determination of the ex vivo rates of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 reverse transcription by using novel strand-specific amplification analysisDavid C Thomas
Viral Mutation Section, HIV Drug Resistance Program, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
J Virol 81:4798-807. 2007..To carry out detailed analysis of HIV-1 reverse transcription from infected cells, we have developed a novel strand-specific amplification (SSA) assay using single-..
- New insights into the formation of HIV-1 reverse transcription initiation complexPierre Barraud
Laboratoire de Cristallographie et RMN Biologiques, Universite Paris Descartes, CNRS, UMR 8015, 4 avenue de l Observatoire, 75006 Paris, France
Biochimie 89:1204-10. 2007..Interestingly, the NC protein shows strong and specific binding to the D arm of tRNA3(Lys), which could explain the overall annealing mechanism...
- Inhibition of initiation of reverse transcription in HIV-1 by human APOBEC3FYiliang Yang
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research and McGill AIDS Center, Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Virology 365:92-100. 2007..stably expressing hA3G, results in a >or=50% reduction in the ability of primer tRNA(Lys3) to initiate reverse transcription in these virions, and that this is correlated with a similar reduction in the production of early DNA ..
- HIV-1 reverse transcription: close encounters between the viral genome and a cellular tRNATruus E M Abbink
Laboratory of Experimental Virology, Department of Medical Microbiology, Center for Infection and Immunity Amsterdam, Academic Medical Center of the University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 15, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Adv Pharmacol 55:99-135. 2007
- Human immunodeficiency virus 1 (HIV-1) virion infectivity factor (Vif) is part of reverse transcription complexes and acts as an accessory factor for reverse transcriptionJillian M Carr
Infectious Diseases Laboratories, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Adelaide, Australia
Virology 372:147-56. 2008..Here, we show that early after infection of new target cells Vif is part of the HIV reverse transcription machinery and acts as an accessory factor for reverse transcription...
- Cell factors stimulate human immunodeficiency virus type 1 reverse transcription in vitroDavid Warrilow
Division of Immunology and Infectious Disease, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Post Office Royal Brisbane Hospital, Queensland 4029, Australia
J Virol 82:1425-37. 2008..Core components are then restructured to form the reverse transcription complex (RTC); the biochemical details of this process are currently unclear...
- Primary T-lymphocytes rescue the replication of HIV-1 DIS RNA mutants in part by facilitating reverse transcriptionKate L Jones
Macfarlane Burnet Institute for Medical Research and Public Health, Melbourne, Australia
Nucleic Acids Res 36:1578-88. 2008..that primary T-lymphocytes rescue, in part, the replication of HIV-1 DIS RNA mutants through mediating the reverse transcription process in a cell-type-dependent manner...
- Early and transient reverse transcription during primary deltaretroviral infection of sheepCarole Pomier
CNRS FRE3011 Université Claude Bernard, Oncovirologie et Biothérapies, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
Retrovirology 5:16. 2008..Primary infection of a new organism necessary involves allogenic cell infection and thus reverse transcription.
- Dynamic binding orientations direct activity of HIV reverse transcriptaseElio A Abbondanzieri
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Nature 453:184-9. 2008..These results indicate that the activities of reverse transcriptase are determined by its binding orientation on substrates...
- The telomerase-specific T motif is a restrictive determinant of repetitive reverse transcription by human telomeraseWilliam C Drosopoulos
Department of Cell Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Mol Cell Biol 30:447-59. 2010..Our findings indicate a participatory role for the T motif in repeat translocation, an obligatory event for repetitive telomeric DNA synthesis. Thus, the T motif serves as a restrictive determinant of repetitive reverse transcription.
- Quantification of the effects on viral DNA synthesis of reverse transcriptase mutations conferring human immunodeficiency virus type 1 resistance to nucleoside analoguesFrancine Bouchonnet
INSERM U 552, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, 46, rue Henri Huchard, 750918 Paris, France
J Virol 79:812-22. 2005....
- Alternative tRNA priming of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 reverse transcription explains sequence variation in the primer-binding site that has been attributed to APOBEC3G activityAtze T Das
Department of Human Retrovirology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 15, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Virol 79:3179-81. 2005..immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) uses exclusively the cellular tRNA(3)(Lys) molecule as a primer for reverse transcription. We demonstrate that HIV-1 uses not only tRNA(3)(Lys) but also an alternative tRNA primer...
- Species-independent detection of RNA virus by representational difference analysis using non-ribosomal hexanucleotides for reverse transcriptionDaiji Endoh
Laboratory of Veterinary Radiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Rakuno Gakuen University Ebetsu 069 8501, Japan
Nucleic Acids Res 33:e65. 2005..We constructed primers for inefficient reverse transcription of ribosomal sequences based on the distribution analysis of hexanucleotide patterns in ribosomal RNA...
- Transcribed processed pseudogenes in the human genome: an intermediate form of expressed retrosequence lacking protein-coding abilityPaul M Harrison
Department of Biology, McGill University Stewart Biology Building, 1205 Dr Penfield Avenue, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 1B1
Nucleic Acids Res 33:2374-83. 2005..This is likely linked to well-documented extensive lineage-specific SINE/LINE activity. The list of TPPsigs is available at: http://www.biology.mcgill.ca/faculty/harrison/tppg/bppg.tov (or) http:pseudogene.org...
- Single-molecule FRET studies of important intermediates in the nucleocapsid-protein-chaperoned minus-strand transfer step in HIV-1 reverse transcriptionHsiao Wei Liu
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Center for Nano and Molecular Science and Technology, University of Texas, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Biophys J 89:3470-9. 2005The minus-strand transfer step of HIV-1 reverse transcription is chaperoned by the nucleocapsid protein (NC), which has been shown to facilitate the annealing between the transactivation response element (TAR) RNA and complementary TAR ..
- mRNA and 18S-RNA coapplication-reverse transcription for quantitative gene expression analysisLi ji Zhu
Department of Cardiovascular Metabolic Disease Research, Schering Plough Research Institute, Kenilworth, NJ 07033, USA
Anal Biochem 345:102-9. 2005Fluorescence-based reverse transcription real-time quantitative polymerase chain reaction (RT-QPCR) is a highly sensitive method for the detection and quantitation of mRNA...
- A novel allele influencing HIV infection among injection drug usersXiao Fang Yu; Fiscal Year: 2012..These enzymes can potentially increase HIV-1 variation by inducing cytidine deamination (C to U) during reverse transcription, resulting in G-to-A mutations in the HIV-1 genome...
- Identification of vaccine antigens based on expression in bloodPETER TRIP BEERNINK; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- RNA Modification Enzymes: Methyltransferase/psi-synthaseRobert M Stroud; Fiscal Year: 2012..It generates an essential modification that controls reverse transcription of HIV RNA...
- William L Hughes; Fiscal Year: 2015..Award is to build a diagnostic tool for lung cancer in vitro that exceeds the performance of quantitative reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (qRT-PCR)...
- SERGE P NANA-SINKAM; Fiscal Year: 2014..Although miRNAs have been quantitatively measured in human sera or plasma using quantitative reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (qRT-PCR) with pre-concentration techniques such as ultra-centrifugation or ..
- High Fidelity Transcriptome Sequencing ToolsMICHAEL JOSEPH LODES; Fiscal Year: 2011..transcriptome library synthesis kits that incorporate a single, novel, high fidelity polymerase for reverse transcription of RNA and subsequent DNA amplification...
- Strain Specific Detection of Influenza at the Point-of-CareHYONGSOK TOM SOH; Fiscal Year: 2012..systems, we will develop the IMED chip capable of 1) integrated micromagnetic sample purification, 2) reverse transcription-PCR amplification and 3) sequence-specific electrochemical detection in a single monolithic device...
- ROCHELLE LEE TIEDEMANN; Fiscal Year: 2015..bisulfite genomic sequencing), histone modifications (ChIP-quantitative PCR) and gene expression (reverse transcription-quantitative PCR) will be evaluated at 12 hour time points...
- Bioactive lipids in food and pharmaceutical productsEric J Haas-Stapleton; Fiscal Year: 2013..cerevisiae with quantitative reverse transcription PCR...
- STRESS-RELATED CHANGES IN GENE EXPRESSION AS BIOMARKERS OF RELAPSE VULNERABILITYROBERT DAVID BEECH; Fiscal Year: 2010..Differential expression of selected genes of interested will be confirmed using Quantitative real-time reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (qRT-PCR)...
- Thomas Tuschl; Fiscal Year: 2014..We predict that our findings will inform basic scientist on RNA dysregulation in kidney disease progression and provide clinical scientist biomarker candidates for clinical trials. ..
- RICHARD JASON LAMONTAGNE; Fiscal Year: 2014..1, HBx- induced changes in miRNA expression levels will be determined by miRNA microarray and quantitative reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (qRT-PCR) studies...
- Oline K Ronnekleiv; Fiscal Year: 2016..the mechanisms by which E2 governs GnRH neuronal excitability using whole-cell patch clamp and single cell reverse transcription PCR approaches, techniques with which we have extensive experience...
- Progesterone-Induced Gene Expression Changes and Risk of Relapse to Cocaine UseRajita Sinha; Fiscal Year: 2010..Differential expression of selected genes of interested will be confirmed using Quantitative real-time reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (qRT-PCR)...
- Central Endocannabinoid System Dysfunction and HypertensionJeanne L Seagard; Fiscal Year: 2013..in CB1R binding density in the dorsal medulla, including the NTS, or 2) CB1R message using quantitative reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) specifically in the NTS in spontaneously hypertensive animals...
- Derek Dube; Fiscal Year: 2014..As such, we hypothesize that historically HERV-K replication occurred using late stage reverse transcription in the infected cell, thereafter packaging viral DNA genomes inside budding particles, and that it was ..
- Arthur G Palmer; Fiscal Year: 2016..The enzyme hydrolyzes the RNA strand of DNA/RNA hybrid molecules involved in DNA replication, viral reverse transcription, and antisense technology...
- Ginger Extracts in the Prevention of Metabolic Bone DiseaseLAURA ELIZABETH WRIGHT; Fiscal Year: 2011..by gene array, verification of changes in expression of physiologically important genes by real-time reverse transcription PCR, and quantification of protein levels of ginger-regulated genes...
- Development of the Gag/Lysyl tRNA synthetase interaction as a target for anti-HIVLawrence Kleiman; Fiscal Year: 2012..This enzyme requires a primer to start reverse transcription. The primer for reverse transcription in HIV-1 is human tRNALys3, which is selectively packaged into the ..
- REGULATION OF RETROTRANSPOSITION IN S. CEREVISIAEM Joan Curcio; Fiscal Year: 2013..retroviruses, functions as a template for both translation of virus- like particle (VLP) proteins and for reverse transcription within VLPs...
- Philip K Liu; Fiscal Year: 2014..lethal effect, (2) specific binding has been shown by in vivo priming of SPION- sODN to target mRNA by reverse transcription (RT), (3) results from electron microscopy (EM) show that iron oxide is located in the end some with a ..
- Does HIV Enter Doomed CellsSujatha Iyengar; Fiscal Year: 2011..of such discrimination is increased by the fact that HIV requires activated T cells for efficient entry, reverse transcription and integration...
- REBECCA J R KADDIS MALDONADO; Fiscal Year: 2015..has been the genesis for seminal discoveries in cancer biology and retrovirology, including oncogenes, reverse transcription, and fundamental aspects of retrovirus assembly...
- The effect of pncA expression and POA efflux rate in the level of PZA-resistanceMirko J Zimic; Fiscal Year: 2010..The expression of the pncA gene will be obtained by measuring the amount of RNA in the bacilli by reverse transcription and real time PCR...
- Regulation of basal ganglia output neuronsFu Ming Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2012..Multiple state-of-the-art approaches will be used, including single cell reverse transcription (RT)-PCR, quantitative electrophysiology, neurochemistry, neuropharmacology, and immunohistochemistry...
- Direct RT-PCR detection of RNA pathogens and mRNA expression in crude samplesZhian Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2010..we will make amino acid substitutions to our blood inhibition mutants to render them competent in reverse transcription. The sensitivity of the new technology will drive the evaluations...
- Dendritic Cell Restriction and Innate Immune Sensing of HIV InfectionDan Littman; Fiscal Year: 2011..for HIV-1 entry, they are resistant to productive viral replication due to a block that occurs before reverse transcription of the viral genome can be completed...
- Expression profiling of renal cell carcinoma utilizing tissue from CALGB 90206Hyung L Kim; Fiscal Year: 2013..We propose using a quantitative, reverse transcription PCR based approach to assess mRNA levels for relevant genes...
- Jianming Hu; Fiscal Year: 2016..a small DNA genome and replicate through an RNA intermediate (the pregenomic RNA, or pgRNA), by a unique reverse transcription pathway...
- Understanding the role of TREX1 in the innate immunity and autoimmune diseasesNan Yan; Fiscal Year: 2012..Cytosolic ssDNA drived from endogenous retroelements during reverse transcription were found to accumulate in Trex1-/- cells that may be the trigger for the IFN response...
- Melissa S Stockwell; Fiscal Year: 2016..Likewise, modern diagnostic techniques such as reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) expands the potential for greater knowledge regarding the epidemiology ..
- Zhihua Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2014..The technique involves mRNA extraction, reverse transcription, enzyme digestion, bead collection, adaptor ligation, PCR amplification and NGS for production of targets ..
- Zhengqiang Wang; Fiscal Year: 2016..RNH degrades the viral RNA genome during reverse transcription and is essential for HIV replication...
- Spatiotemporal Comparison of Aberrant & Ectopic VDJ Recombination Events In VivoPENNY ELLEN SHOCKETT; Fiscal Year: 2010..measure transgenic RAG mRNA expression in a variety of tissues in induced RAG transgenic animals using reverse transcription-dependent PCR...
- Retrotransposon expression within ribosomal gene lociThomas H Eickbush; Fiscal Year: 2013..A far larger fraction of these genomes has little or no function and is derived from the reverse transcription of RNA. For example, at least 40% of the human genome is composed of these reverse transcripts...
- Steven Allan Soper; Fiscal Year: 2014..poised on the processor will be: (1) PBMC isolation;(2) PBMC lysis;(3) mRNA solid-phase purification;(4) reverse transcription to cDNA;(5) ligase detection reactions (LDRs) to generate molecular beacons with donor/acceptor ..
- Jan Karlseder; Fiscal Year: 2016..90% of cancers up-regulate the telomerase complex, capable of elongating telomeres by reverse transcription. 10% of tumors activate a recombination-based mechanism termed ALT...
- David J Garfinkel; Fiscal Year: 2014..The noncoding transcripts are packaged into virus- like particles and block reverse transcription by greatly decreasing the level of the conserved Ty1 protein integrase, which is required for Ty1 as well ..
- Microfluidic platform for rapid influenza subtypingAnubhav Tripathi; Fiscal Year: 2010..These sequences are used as templates for reverse transcription utilizing Nucleic Acid Sequence Based Amplification (NASBA) mechanism inside the chamber of a packed bed ..
- Sentinel Pol II RNAs for Measuring RNA Integrity in BiospecimensCurt H Hagedorn; Fiscal Year: 2012..mirror mRNA decay in specific biospecimens (see Example) and;2) To develop a 5'/3'quantitative reverse transcription PCR (qRT-PCR) assay that measures the intactness of sentinel RNA transcripts in specific biospecimens to ..
- A Novel Anti-HIV Activity of CCR6 via APOBEC3G: Relevance to CNS InfectionAlfredo Garzino-Demo; Fiscal Year: 2013..The mechanism occurs post entry but at or before reverse transcription, and appears to be due to increased expression of the intracellular antiviral protein APOBEC3G...
- Cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterases isoforms as novel biomarkers in CLLLingzhi Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2010..QPCR (quantitative real-time reverse transcription-PCR) has become a widely used technique for the detection and quantification of RNA targets and is ..
- MUTATIONAL PROFILING OF MIRNAS IN AMLDaniel C Link; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our research is directed at understanding the genetic mutations that contribute to AML. This research will improve our understanding of the pathogenesis of AML and may lead to the development of new therapeutics. ..
- Samson A Chow; Fiscal Year: 2014..Certain mutations of HIV-1 IN can specifically impair reverse transcription with no apparent effects on other steps in the life cycle...
- Genome stability maintenance factors in early HIV-1 infectionLUBBERTUS MULDER; Fiscal Year: 2009..Moreover, Rad18 has a negative influence on HIV-1 infection, an effect exerted at a step between reverse transcription and integration...
- Investigating the Role of HIV-1 Integrase in the Uncoating of the Viral CoreMARISA BRIONES; Fiscal Year: 2010..where the core must uncoat or release the capsid (CA) protein for subsequent steps to occur, including reverse transcription of viral RNA into cDNA for IN to integrate into the host chromosome...
- Mechanisms of subtelomere recombination in telomerase deficient tumorsTammy A Morrish; Fiscal Year: 2012..These mobile genetic elements move by an RNA intermediate using a mechanism called target-primed reverse transcription. In addition we found that retrotransposition can also occur at endogenous DNA breaks and dysfunctional ..
- Tammy A Morrish; Fiscal Year: 2015..These mobile genetic elements move by an RNA intermediate using a mechanism called target-primed reverse transcription. In addition we found that retrotransposition can also occur at endogenous DNA breaks and dysfunctional ..
- NICOLAS P SLUIS-CREMER; Fiscal Year: 2016..the multiple mechanisms by which nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase (RT) inhibitors (NNRTI) inhibit HIV-1 reverse transcription. These studies are of fundamental importance because they will assist in the discovery and/or development ..
- MICHAEL A BELSHAN; Fiscal Year: 2014..facilitates the infection of cells with HIV-1 by targeting the viral DNA into the nuclei of cells after reverse transcription. Due to challenges in producing and purifying sufficient quantities of PICs there is limited understanding ..
- Anita K Hopper; Fiscal Year: 2014..are required for nutrient signaling, regulation of apoptosis, protein degradation, and priming retroviral reverse transcription. Although for decades it was thought that tRNA movement is unidirectional, nucleus to cytoplasm, we and ..
- Exploring and Exploiting APOBEC3G BiologyWarner Greene; Fiscal Year: 2009..but its deaminase function is ultimately restored when HIV RNase H degrades the inhibitory RNA during reverse transcription (PLoS Pathogens, 2007), and (5) revealing murine APOBEC3 as the long elusive gene for the Friend virus ..
- Erwin Berthier; Fiscal Year: 2014..Lastly, a wax-based sealing mechanism will be integrated into the SLIDE to enable on-chip reverse transcription, which stabilizes viral RNA into DNA, and sealing for transport...
- Photoacoustic / Optical / Ultrasonic Imaging of Sentinel Lymph Nodes and MetastasLihong Wang; Fiscal Year: 2012..g., fine needle aspiration biopsy and reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction) could be utilized to stage the axilla without the morbidity of an operative ..
- Modified Nucleoside Structure-Function Relations: Antiviral peptide functionPaul F Agris; Fiscal Year: 2010..virus infects the very next cell, this tRNA becomes the primer for replication of its RNA genome through reverse transcription. Recently, small proteins, peptides of 15 and 16 amino acids, have been selected from vast libraries of ..
- Determining the roles(s) of HIV-1 Nef in enhancement of virion infectivityMICHELLE J LANG; Fiscal Year: 2011..changes in cholesterol content of virions (a producer cell effect) to proposed effects on the process of reverse transcription (a target cell effect)...
- One-Step, POC Sample-to-Answer Process for RNA Analysis Outside the LaboratoryJohn E Mueller; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., Northern blot, RNA microarray, RNA sequencing and Reverse Transcription RT-PCR analysis) can be complex and time-consuming, and often require specialized instrumentation or ..
- Analysis of HIV-1 UncoatingAMY ELIZABETH HULME; Fiscal Year: 2013..During early steps of infection, the viral RNA genome is copied through a process called reverse transcription into DNA which is then integrated into the chromosomal DNA of the target cell...
- Diagnostic Assay for ThrombocytosisDmitri V Gnatenko; Fiscal Year: 2010..These include severe neurological, cardiac or peripheral artery manifestations such as stroke or a heart attack. Early definitive, diagnosis will allow early treatment and we have data that supports the potential for a diagnostic test. ..
- Mark C Williams; Fiscal Year: 2016..The capability of NCs to rearrange nucleic acids to facilitate reverse transcription, referred to as NA chaperone acitivity, is essential for retroviral replication...
- A novel method for quantitation of fragmented mRNAs (mR-FQ)Sergei A Kazakov; Fiscal Year: 2012..Second, we modify the (fragmented) mRNA in a way that allows for more efficient reverse transcription and simultaneous pre-amplification of target mRNA sequences...
- T-Channel Dysregulation during Alcohol Withdrawal: Mechanisms and Novel TherapiesMELISSA ANN RIEGLE; Fiscal Year: 2013..techniques including surgical procedures, EEG analysis, patch clamp electrophysiology, quantitative reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (qRT-PCR), and Western blot techniques...
- SIMULTANEOUS SCREENING FOR A/H3N2, A/H1N1, A/H5N1 AND B INFLUENZA VIRUSESErica Dawson; Fiscal Year: 2009..Those labs that utilize real-time reverse transcription PCR (RRT-PCR) assays must rely on the mutation- susceptible HA gene for partial subtyping and must conduct ..
- An HBV polymerase RNA binding assay suitable for inhibitor screeningFeng Cao; Fiscal Year: 2009Hepatitis B virus (HBV) is a hepatotropic DNA virus that replicates by reverse transcription. It chronically infects over 350 million people worldwide and causes 600,000 deaths annually...
- APOPTOSIS--LENS DIFFERENTIATION AND CATARACT DEVELOPMENTDavid Li; Fiscal Year: 2000..The results from these studies will not only provide valuable information for future design of gene therapy for human cataract prevention but also increase our understanding of the developmental biology of the normal lens. ..
- Structural Basis for Long-Range Genetic Interactions in Retroviral CA AssemblyRebecca Craven; Fiscal Year: 2009..maturation process cleaves Gag, rearranges the constituents and activates the virion core for subsequent reverse transcription. A role for highly conserved residues in the CTD in contributing to the intermolecular interactions both ..
- Crystallizing Hepatitis B Virus Reverse TranscriptaseHwai Chen Guo; Fiscal Year: 2006..It replicates through an RNA intermediate (the pregenomic RNA, or pgRNA) by a novel reverse transcription pathway...
- PHOSPHORYLATION AND TRANSPORT OF VIRAL NUCLEOPROTEINSMario Stevenson; Fiscal Year: 2001..We and others have demonstrated that this property of HIV-1 is governed by the ability of the reverse transcription complex to translocate to the host cell nucleus in the absence of mitosis...
- The Enzymology of M-MuLV and HIV ReplicationJAMES CHAMPOUX; Fiscal Year: 2009..The work will focus on the roles and specificities of RNase H during reverse transcription and on the mechanism and fidelity of DNA displacement synthesis by the DNA polymerase...
- CYTOKINES AND NK CELL DIFFERENTIATION IN RODENT DECIDUAJudith Head; Fiscal Year: 1999..tissue will be surveyed for the presence of cytokines which can influence NK cells, using ELISA assays and reverse transcription- polymerase chain reaction...
- NEF GENE OF HIV-1Warner Greene; Fiscal Year: 1999..Increased intracellular activation may in turn facilitate the completion of HIV reverse transcription, nuclear import, and/or integration within the resting cell...
- MOLECULAR RECOGNITION OF HIV1 PRIMER TRNA LYSKarin Musier Forsyth; Fiscal Year: 2001..Human tRNALys,3, is selected as the natural primer for HIV-1 reverse transcriptase (RT). Prior to reverse transcription, the 18 nucleotides at the 3' end of this tRNA are annealed to a complementary sequence on the viral ..
- Binding Between HIV-1 RT and IN and Its Functional SignificationSAMSON CHOW; Fiscal Year: 2009..Certain mutations of HIV-1 IN appear to specifically impair reverse transcription with no apparent effects on other steps in the life cycle...
- Peptide Inhibitors of HIV-1 Vif FunctionJohn Donahue; Fiscal Year: 2007..productive infection of newly infected cells due to extensive mutation of viral minus strand DNA during reverse transcription. The specific aims of the proposed research project are to identify Vif- and/or AOBEC3G-derived peptides ..
- INHIBITORS OF KINASES REQUIRED FOR HIV-1 INFECTIVITYMario Stevenson; Fiscal Year: 1999..a target cell by human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) involves interaction with the CD4 receptor, reverse transcription of viral nucleic acids and transport of viral cDNA to the host cell nucleus where integration occurs...
- FUNCTION FOR VPR AND VPX OF PRIMATE LENTIVIRUSESMario Stevenson; Fiscal Year: 2009..HIV-1 Vpr has been implicated in nuclear translocation of viral reverse transcription complexes...
- Regulation of Virus Capsid AssemblyGILLIAN AIR; Fiscal Year: 2007..Correct assembly of the icosahedral core of HBV is required for replication. Reverse transcription of the RNA pre-genome (pgRNA) takes place within the completed capsid, the protein shell of the core...
- Lentiviral Genome ProcessingEric Poeschla; Fiscal Year: 2003..Subsequent reverse transcription of the mature, dimerized genome into linear double-stranded DNA generates a distinctive central plus ..