Genomes and Genes
bcl 1 genes
Summary: The B-cell leukemia/lymphoma-1 genes, associated with various neoplasms when overexpressed. Overexpression results from the t(11;14) translocation, which is characteristic of mantle zone-derived B-cell lymphomas. The human c-bcl-1 gene is located at 11q13 on the long arm of chromosome 11.
Publications135 found, 100 shown here
- Detection of three common translocation breakpoints in non-Hodgkin's lymphomas by fluorescence in situ hybridization on routine paraffin-embedded tissue sectionsEugenia Haralambieva
Department of Pathology, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Pathol 198:163-70. 2002..The results indicate that small locus-specific probes can be used in FISH for regular detection of translocation breakpoints on routine paraffin tissue sections...
- Rearrangements of bcl-1, bcl-2, bcl-6, and c-myc in diffuse large B-cell lymphomasC Kawasaki
First Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Fukuoka University, Japan
Leuk Lymphoma 42:1099-106. 2001..However, other genetic factors are probably involved in determining prognosis...
- Cyclopentenone causes cell cycle arrest and represses cyclin D1 promoter activity in MCF-7 breast cancer cellsChin Hui Hsiang
Biomedical Sciences Division and Biology Department, University of California, Riverside, California, CA 92521 0121, USA
Oncogene 21:2212-26. 2002..The overall results suggest that cyclopentenone interferes with the transcription initiation complex that assembles over the cyclin D1 initiator element, leading to selective inhibition of cyclin D1 gene transcription...
- Simultaneous deregulation of p16 and cyclin D1 genes in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma: a combined immunohistochemistry and image analysis study based on tissue microarraysE Tsiambas
Department of Immunohistochemistry and Molecular Cytopathology, 401 General Army Hospital, Athens, Greece
J BUON 12:261-7. 2007..Our aim was to identify potential correlations between p16 and cyclin D1 expression in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDAC) that affect the biological behavior of this neoplasm...
- The reciprocal dance between cancer and developmentLewis A Chodosh
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
N Engl J Med 347:134-6. 2002
- Malignant hematopoietic cell lines: in vitro models for the study of mantle cell lymphomaHans G Drexler
DSMZ German Collection of Microorganisms and Cell Cultures, Department of Human and Animal Cell Cultures, Mascheroder Weg 1 B, Braunschweig, Germany
Leuk Res 26:781-7. 2002....
- ErbB-2 induces the cyclin D1 gene in prostate epithelial cells in vitro and in vivoMathew Casimiro
Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Cancer Res 67:4364-72. 2007..Furthermore, our novel mouse model provides a useful platform for ongoing in vivo investigations of ErbB-2 signaling in the prostate epithelium...
- Mastermind-like 1 Is a specific coactivator of beta-catenin transcription activation and is essential for colon carcinoma cell survivalMarie Clotilde Alves-Guerra
Molecular and Cellular Oncogenesis, The Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Cancer Res 67:8690-8. 2007..This is the first demonstration of a role for the Mastermind-like family in another signaling pathway and that the knockdown of Mastermind-like family function leads to tumor cell death...
- Hepatomegaly in transgenic mice expressing an oncogenic form of beta-cateninA Cadoret
Institut Cochin de Génétique Moléculaire INSERM U129, 75014 Paris, France
Cancer Res 61:3245-9. 2001..Thus, the key target genes of the beta-catenin signaling pathway in the liver remain to be identified...
- Large variation in t(11;14)(q13;q32) and t(14;18)(q32;q21) translocation product size is confirmed by sequence analysis of PCR productsC L Wickham
Department of Molecular Genetics, Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust, Devon, UK
Clin Lab Haematol 28:248-53. 2006..We demonstrate the utility of sequence analysis to confirm unusual-sized translocation products and reduce false-positive results because of nonspecific amplification...
- Templated nucleotide addition and immunoglobulin JH-gene utilization in t(11;14) junctions: implications for the mechanism of translocation and the origin of mantle cell lymphomaN Welzel
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Vienna, Austria
Cancer Res 61:1629-36. 2001..This is in agreement with the pregerminal center B-cell origin of MCL...
- Overexpression of Cdk6-cyclin D3 highly sensitizes cells to physical and chemical transformationQiuhong Chen
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Oncogene 22:992-1001. 2003....
- OCGR array: an oral cancer genomic regional array for comparative genomic hybridization analysisCathie Garnis
British Columbia Cancer Research Centre, 601 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, Canada V5Z 1L3
Oral Oncol 40:511-9. 2004..This work represents the first attempt at the construction of an oral cancer-specific CGH array...
- Mantle cell lymphoma cells express predominantly cyclin D1a isoform and are highly sensitive to selective inhibition of CDK4 kinase activityMichal Marzec
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, 7 106 Founders, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Blood 108:1744-50. 2006..These findings provide evidence that MCL should be very sensitive to targeted therapy aimed at functional inhibition of the cyclin D1/CDK4 complex...
- Deletion in chromosome 11 and Bcl-1/Cyclin D1 alterations are independently associated with the development of uterine cervical carcinomaRatnesh Kumar Singh
Department of Oncogene Regulation, Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute, 37 S P Mukherjee Road, 700026, Kolkata, India
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 131:395-406. 2005..11) and alteration (amplification/rearrangement) of Bcl-1/Cyclin D1 locus, located at 11q13, in uterine cervical carcinoma (CA-CX)...
- Genetic rescue of cell number in a mouse model of microphthalmia: interactions between Chx10 and G1-phase cell cycle regulatorsEric S Green
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, John A Moran Eye Center, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Development 130:539-52. 2003..This is the first report of rescue of retinal proliferation in a microphthalmia model by deletion of a cell cycle regulatory gene...
- Estradiol induces proliferation of keratinocytes via a receptor mediated mechanismS Verdier-Sevrain
Department of Dermatology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118 2394, USA
FASEB J 18:1252-4. 2004....
- AIB1 enhances estrogen-dependent induction of cyclin D1 expressionM D Planas-Silva
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Cancer Res 61:3858-62. 2001..Increases of AIB1 levels in breast cancer cells by amplification and/or overexpression may represent one way to confer estrogen-dependent mitogenic stimulation to breast cancer cells...
- Correspondence re: Welzel et al, Cancer Res, 61: 1629-1636Sandrine Roulland
Cancer Res 63:1722-3. 2003
- Microarray analysis of altered gene expression in murine fibroblasts transformed by nickel(II) to nickel(II)-resistant malignant phenotypeRenata Kowara
Laboratory of Comparative Carcinogenesis, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 205:1-10. 2005....
- Tristetraprolin regulates Cyclin D1 and c-Myc mRNA stability in response to rapamycin in an Akt-dependent manner via p38 MAPK signalingM Marderosian
Department of Research and Development, Greater Los Angeles Veterans Affairs Healthcare System, Sepulveda, CA 91343, USA
Oncogene 25:6277-90. 2006....
- Correlation of gamma-catenin expression with good prognosis in medulloblastomasKoichi Misaki
Department of Neurosurgery, Graduate School of Medical Science, Division of Diagnostic Molecular Oncology, Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Japan
J Neurosurg 102:197-206. 2005..Because mRNA overexpression cannot be explained by gene amplification alone, mechanisms other than gene amplification are postulated. Molecules on the Wnt signal pathway in primary tumors were examined...
- Cyclin D1 overexpression induces epidermal growth factor-independent resistance to apoptosis linked to BCL-2 in human A431 carcinomaManuel Rieber
IVIC, Tumor Cell Biology Laboratory, CMBC, Apartado 21827, Caracas, 1020 A, Venezuela
Apoptosis 11:121-9. 2006..We also show that this anti-apoptotic effect of cyclin D1 overexpression, can be partly antagonized with antisense strategies that down-regulate anti-apoptotic bcl-2 family members...
- Amplification of EMSY, a novel oncogene on 11q13, in high grade ovarian surface epithelial carcinomasLindsay A Brown
Genetic Pathology Evaluation Centre of the Prostate Centre, University of British Columbia, Room 509, JBRC, 2660 Oak St, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6H 3Z6
Gynecol Oncol 100:264-70. 2006..Here, we investigate the role of EMSY, a recently described BRCA2 interacting protein, as a key element of the 11q13 amplicon in ovarian cancer. EMSY maps to 11q13.5 and is amplified in 13% of breast and 17% of ovarian carcinomas...
- Multiplex PCR for the detection of BCL-1/IGH and BCL-2/IGH gene rearrangements--clinical validation in a prospective study of blood and bone marrow in 258 patients with or suspected of non-Hodgkin's lymphomaCharlotte G Nyvold
Department of Haematology, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
Acta Oncol 46:21-30. 2007..We conclude that this multiplex approach allows for easy and sensitive molecular determination of molecular lesions in NHL, which have diagnostic and prognostic importance...
- A photodynamic pathway to apoptosis and necrosis induced by dimethyl tetrahydroxyhelianthrone and hypericin in leukaemic cells: possible relevance to photodynamic therapyG Lavie
Institute of Hematology, Blood Transfusion Center, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Br J Cancer 79:423-32. 1999..Beyond the tolerated levels of photodynamic damage, these cells died exclusively via necrosis. Hut-78 cells overexpress Bcl-X(L) as well as a truncated Bcl-X(L)tr isoform that could contribute to the observed resistance to apoptosis...
- Association of the A870G cyclin D1 gene polymorphism with genetic susceptibility to nasopharyngeal carcinomaRaquel J Catarino
Molecular Oncology Unit, Instituto Portugues de Oncologia, Porto, Laboratorios, Piso 4, Unit of Molecular Oncology, R Dr Ant Bernardino Almeida, 4200 072 Porto, Portugal
Head Neck 28:603-8. 2006..Nasopharyngeal cancer (NPC) is multifactorial, and the genetic background may be a crucial etiologic factor. Cyclin D1 (CCND1) is a key regulator of the cell cycle, and its altered activity is associated with the development of cancer...
- Oncogene amplification pattern in adenoid cystic carcinoma of the salivary glandsGuadalupe Sequeiros-Santiago
Servicio de Otorrinolaringologia, Hospital Universitario Central de Asturias HUCA, Asturias, Spain
Oncol Rep 21:1215-22. 2009..The cases with this amplification pattern presented a reduced survival. This study points to the importance of ERBB1, CCND1 and PIK3CA oncogenic amplification status in ACC carcinogenesis...
- Cyclin D1 gene amplification in proliferating haemangiomaAmal M Mohamed
Department of Human Cytogenetics, Human Genetics and Genome Research Division, National Research Center, Cairo, Egypt
Cell Tissue Res 338:107-15. 2009..The present findings reflect the possible usefulness of antisense cyclin D1 to improve the therapeutic outcome of proliferating haemangiomas...
- Rottlerin: a multifaced regulator of keratinocyte cell cycleGiuseppe Valacchi
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
Exp Dermatol 18:516-21. 2009..These results open the way to further investigation on the Rottlerin therapeutic potential against keratinocyte hyper-proliferative disorders...
- Apoptosis and apoptosis-related gene products in primary non-Hodgkin's lymphoma of the central nervous systemM Deckert-Schlüter
Institut für Neuropathologie, Universitatskliniken Bonn, Germany
Acta Neuropathol 96:157-62. 1998..Since there was no statistical correlation between the degree of apoptosis and the expression of proteins of the bcl gene family, other apoptosis-inhibiting factors may be involved in the pathogenesis of primary CNS lymphomas...
- Purification of His-tagged hybrid phage antibodyMariel Donzeau
Laboratory for Molecular Haematology, Department of Haematology and Oncology, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Medizinische Klinik Innenstadt, 80336 Munich, Germany
Anal Biochem 352:154-6. 2006
- [Primary hyperparathyroidism]Masaaki Inaba
Department of Metabolism, Endocrinology, and Molecular Medicine, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine
Nihon Rinsho 63:325-9. 2005
- p18Ink4c and p53 Act as tumor suppressors in cyclin D1-driven primitive neuroectodermal tumorRaya Saab
Children s Cancer Center of Lebanon, American University of Beirut Medical Center, Beirut, Lebanon
Cancer Res 69:440-8. 2009....
- Galectin-3, a novel binding partner of beta-cateninTatsuo Shimura
Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University Medical School, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Cancer Res 64:6363-7. 2004..These data indicate that gal-3 is a novel binding partner for beta-catenin involved in the regulation of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathway...
- JAK-STAT signaling involved in phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate- and dimethyl sulfoxide-induced 2'-5' oligoadenylate synthetase expression in human HL-60 leukemia cellsShenhav Cohen
Faculty of Life Sciences, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan 52900, Israel
Leuk Res 29:923-31. 2005..Taken together, our data implicate the above signaling cascade in DMSO- and PMA-induced 2-5A synthetase expression and catalytic activity in the HL-60 cell system...
- Effect of a vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) inhibitory treatment on the folliculogenesis and ovarian apoptosis in gonadotropin-treated prepubertal ratsDalhia Abramovich
Instituto de Biologia y Medicina Experimental IByME CONICET, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Biol Reprod 75:434-41. 2006..We concluded that the local inhibition of VEGFA activity appears to produce an increase in ovarian apoptosis through an imbalance among the BCL2 family members, thus leading a larger number of follicles to atresia...
- Transvection mediated by the translocated cyclin D1 locus in mantle cell lymphomaHui Liu
Center for Hematologic Malignancies, Oregon Cancer Institute, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Exp Med 205:1843-58. 2008..Furthermore, NPM short hairpin RNA produces a specific growth arrest in these cells. Our data demonstrate transvection in human cancer and suggest a functional role for CTCF and NPM...
- Molecular analysis of mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue (MALT) lymphoma of ocular adnexaP M Chen
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Medicine, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, National Yang-Ming University, School of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Leuk Lymphoma 42:207-14. 2001..Although alteration of the p53 gene is rare for low-grade ocular MALT lymphoma, its role in disease progression merits further research...
- Tectorigenin, an isoflavone of Pueraria thunbergiana Benth., induces differentiation and apoptosis in human promyelocytic leukemia HL-60 cellsK T Lee
College of Pharmacy, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Korea
Biol Pharm Bull 24:1117-21. 2001..From these results, tectorigenin may be a possible therapeutic agent for leukemia...
- Genomic effects of polyamide/DNA interactions on mRNA expressionLubica Supekova
Department of Chemistry, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Chem Biol 9:821-7. 2002....
- CYCLIN D1 as a genetic modifier in hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancerS Bala
Division of Human Cancer Genetics, Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Cancer Res 61:6042-5. 2001....
- The LxCxE pRb interaction domain of cyclin D1 is dispensable for murine developmentMark W Landis
Molecular Oncology Research Institute, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Cancer Res 67:7613-20. 2007....
- To scan or not to scan, it is a question of timing: technetium-99m-annexin V radionuclide imaging assessment of treatment efficacy after one course of chemotherapyFrancis Blankenberg
Clin Cancer Res 8:2757-8. 2002
- Hdm2 is regulated by K-Ras and mediates p53-independent functions in pancreatic cancer cellsX Sui
Department of Gastrointestinal Medical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Oncogene 28:709-20. 2009....
- Pharmacogenetics and oncology treatment for breast cancerSharon Marsh
Washington University School of Medicine, Division of Oncology, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 8:119-27. 2007..DNA variations in metabolism, transport and drug target genes may contribute to chemotherapy efficacy and toxicities. The status of the identification of genetic markers for breast cancer therapy selection is highlighted in this review...
- The assessment of cell cycle genes in the rat mandibular condyleAbdullah Al-Kalaly
Department of Orthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
Arch Oral Biol 54:470-8. 2009..We aimed to investigate the expression profile of cell cycle genes in the mandibular condyle on mechanical strain and natural growth, and quantify their expression intensity...
- The splenic form of mantle cell lymphomaMaria K Angelopoulou
Hematology Section, First Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Laikon General Hospital, 16 Sevastoupoleos Street, 11510 Athens, Greece
Eur J Haematol 68:12-21. 2002..To describe the clinical, immunophenotypic and molecular features, as well as the clinical course of patients with unusual presentation of mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) purely located to the spleen...
- Oncogenic signaling pathways activated in DMBA-induced mouse mammary tumorsNicolas Currier
Boston University School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Toxicol Pathol 33:726-37. 2005..These data suggest that environmental carcinogens can produce long-lasting alterations in growth and anti-apoptotic pathways, leading to mammary tumorigenesis...
- [Inhibitory effect of cyclin D1 antisense cDNA on human hepatocarcinoma cell line HepG2]Zhen Yu Xiao
Center of Hepatic Surgery, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China
Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi 13:768-71. 2005..To investigate the effect of antisense cDNA of cyclin D1 on the cyclin D1 gene expression and cell proliferation of human hepatocarcinoma HepG2 cells in vitro...
- Transcriptional profiling of the Sonic hedgehog response: a critical role for N-myc in proliferation of neuronal precursorsTrudy G Oliver
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology and Bioinformatics Shared Resource, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:7331-6. 2003..Finally, cyclin D1 and N-myc are overexpressed in murine medulloblastoma. These findings suggest that cyclin D1 and N-myc are important mediators of Shh-induced proliferation and tumorigenesis...
- Involvement of bcl-family expression in the spatial memory impairment induced by repeated ischemiaKeiichi Irie
Department of Neuropharmacology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Fukuoka University, 814 0180, Fukuoka, Japan
Life Sci 72:621-9. 2002..These results suggest that spatial memory impairment at 7 days after repeated ischemia may be related to apoptosis in hippocampal CA1 cells...
- Relationship between parathyroid calcium-sensing receptor expression and potency of the calcimimetic, cinacalcet, in suppressing parathyroid hormone secretion in an in vivo murine model of primary hyperparathyroidismTakehisa Kawata
Department of Metabolism, Endocrinology and Molecular Medicine, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Eur J Endocrinol 153:587-94. 2005..To conclude, cinacalcet HCl demonstrated potency in a murine model of primary hyperparathyroidism in spite of any presumed endogenous CaR activation by hypercalcemia and hypo-expression of CaR in the parathyroid glands...
- Bmi-1 cooperates with H-Ras to transform human mammary epithelial cells via dysregulation of multiple growth-regulatory pathwaysSonal Datta
Division of Cancer Biology and Department of Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
Cancer Res 67:10286-95. 2007....
- A novel bcl-1/JH breakpoint from a patient affected by mantle cell lymphoma extends the major translocation clusterMassimo Degan
Clinical and Experimental Hematology Research Unit, Division of Experimental Oncology 2, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, I R C C S, Aviano I 33981, Italy
J Pathol 197:256-63. 2002..The recognition of this novel breakpoint may have important implications for the diagnosis and detection of minimal residual disease in t(11;14)-positive lymphomas...
- Cyclin D1 expression and histopathologic features in vestibular schwannomasLuis Lassaletta
Department of Otolaryngology, Laboratorio Oncogenetica Molecular, La Paz University Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Otol Neurotol 28:939-41. 2007..To evaluate cyclin D1 expression in vestibular schwannoma and its relationship with histologic, clinical, and radiologic features...
- Early phase of intestinal mantle cell lymphoma: a report of two cases associated with advanced colonic adenocarcinomaK Kanehira
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL, USA
Mod Pathol 14:811-7. 2001..In both cases, immunohistochemistry (CD20+, CD5+, cyclin D1+, CD10-, and CD23-), and demonstration of clonal immunoglobulin heavy chain and bcl-1 gene rearrangements by PCR analysis confirmed the diagnosis of mantle cell lymphoma...
- Glycogen synthase kinase 3 has a limited role in cell cycle regulation of cyclin D1 levelsKe Yang
Department of Molecular Genetics, The Lerner Research Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland OH, USA
BMC Cell Biol 7:33. 2006....
- Cyclin D1 gene polymorphism and susceptibility to lung cancer in a Chinese populationShi Qiuling
Institute of Occupational Health and Poison Control, Chinese Center for Disease Control, Beijing 100050, P R China
Carcinogenesis 24:1499-503. 2003..07-8.03). In conclusion, it is suggested that the CCND1 G/A polymorphism is associated with the early onset of lung cancer in men and contributes to susceptibility to lung cancer, especially squamous cell cancer, in this population...
- Specific protection against breast cancers by cyclin D1 ablationQ Yu
Department of Cancer Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 411:1017-21. 2001..Our results suggest that an anti-cyclin D1 therapy might be highly specific in treating human breast cancers with activated Neu-Ras pathways...
- Diagnostic role and prognostic significance of a simplified immunophenotypic classification of mature B cell chronic lymphoid leukemiasL Cro
Unità Operativa Ematologia 1, Dipartimento di Ematologia, Ospedale Maggiore, IRCCS, Milan, Italy
Leukemia 17:125-32. 2003..0008) and platelet count (cut-off 140 x 10(9)/l; P = 0.0034). Besides recognising the two well-known situations of classic B-CLL and MCL, our IC identified situations with distinct prognostic and/or clinical behaviors...
- A novel yeast screen for mitotic arrest mutants identifies DOC1, a new gene involved in cyclin proteolysisL H Hwang
Department of Physiology, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0444, USA
Mol Biol Cell 8:1877-87. 1997..Cdc26 associates in vivo with Doc1, Cdc16, Cdc23, and Cdc27. In addition, the majority of Doc1 cosediments at 20S with Cdc27 in a sucrose gradient, indicating that Cdc26 and Doc1 are components of the anaphase promoting complex...
- Neuroprotective strategies to avert seizure-induced neurodegeneration in epilepsyJanice R Naegele
Department of Biology, Room 257, Hall Atwater Laboratory, Lawn Avenue, Wesleyan University, Middletown, CT 06459, USA
Epilepsia 48:107-17. 2007..Such comparative studies will also aid in evaluating the potential therapeutic value of inhibiting cell death in seizure disorders...
- Bcl-2 protects lymphoma cells from apoptosis but not growth arrest promoted by cAMP and dexamethasoneL Zhang
Department of Pharmacology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093-0636, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 281:C1642-7. 2001..The findings also indicate that glucocorticoid- and cAMP-mediated G(1) growth arrest is unaffected by Bcl-2 overexpression, even though increased Bcl-2 allows these lymphoma cells to resist necrosis and apoptosis...
- Cyclin D1 gene G870A polymorphism predicts response to neoadjuvant radiotherapy and prognosis in rectal cancerAlexandre Ho-Pun-Cheung
INSERM U860, and Department of Oncobiology, Val d Aurelle Cancer Institute, 208 Rue des Apothicaires, 34298 Montpellier, France
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 68:1094-101. 2007..To investigate whether CCND1 genetic variations associated with a constitutive nuclear protein may influence either the pathologic response to preoperative RT or the prognosis in a series of rectal cancer patients...
- Genetic alterations (amplification and rearrangement) of D-type cyclins loci in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma of Indian patients: prognostic significance and clinical implicationsMd Golam Sabbir
Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute, Kolkata, India
Diagn Mol Pathol 15:7-16. 2006....
- Human chromosomal translocations at CpG sites and a theoretical basis for their lineage and stage specificityAlbert G Tsai
Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, 1441 Eastlake Avenue, MC9176, Los Angeles, CA 90089 9176, USA
Cell 135:1130-42. 2008....
- Myocardial infarction in patients aged less than 40 years. Frequency of BclI polymorphism in the fibrinogen beta-chain gene and plasma fibrinogenKrzysztof Lewandowski
Department of Haematology of University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Kardiol Pol 59:205-12. 2003..Several polymorphisms in the genes encoding for three separate chains of fibrinogen have been described. Some of them (Hae III and B854) are associated with elevated fibrinogen plasma level...
- The impact of bisphosphonates on the osteoblast proliferation and Collagen gene expression in vitroFelix Peter Koch
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University Hospital Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Head Face Med 6:12. 2010..Furthermore, the gene expression of the extracellular matrix protein collagen type I was evaluated. Nitrogen-containing and non-nitrogen-containing bisphosphonates have been compared on gene expression levels...
- siRNAs with gutsIan MacLachlan
Nat Biotechnol 26:403-5. 2008
- Quantitative measurement of cyclin D1 mRNA, a potent diagnostic tool to separate mantle cell lymphoma from other B-cell lymphoproliferative disordersHelena Brizova
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, 2nd Medical School, Charles University in Prague, and Faculty Hospital in Motol, V Uvalu 84, Prague, Czech Republic
Diagn Mol Pathol 17:39-50. 2008..Quantitative cyclin D1 monitoring provides a diagnostic test and an approach for studying MCL pathogenesis and may be of clinical importance...
- The role of cyclins and cyclins inhibitors in the multistep process of HPV-associated cervical carcinomaAbeer A Bahnassy
The Departments of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, Cairo, Egypt
J Egypt Natl Canc Inst 18:292-302. 2006..This is possibly achieved through an interaction between HPV oncogenic proteins and some cell cycle regulatory genes. However, the exact pathogenetic mechanisms are not well defined yet...
- Systemic leukocyte-directed siRNA delivery revealing cyclin D1 as an anti-inflammatory targetDan Peer
Immune Disease Institute and Department of Anesthesia, Harvard Medical School, 200 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 319:627-30. 2008..This study reveals CyD1 to be a potential anti-inflammatory target, and suggests that the application of similar modes of targeting by siRNA may be feasible in other therapeutic settings...
- Molecular biology. The art of assemblyFRANCIS SZOKA
Department of Biopharmaceutical Sciences and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0446, USA
Science 319:578-9. 2008
- Loss of cyclin D1 in concert with deregulated estrogen receptor alpha expression induces DNA damage response activation and interrupts mammary gland morphogenesisM S Frech
Department of Oncology, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Oncogene 27:3186-93. 2008..This differential requirement for cyclin D1 in normal vs abnormal mammary epithelial cells supports the application of cyclin D1 inhibitors as therapeutic interventions in ERalpha-overexpressing breast cancers...
- Expression and amplification of Her2, EGFR and cyclin D1 in breast cancer: immunohistochemistry and chromogenic in situ hybridizationEun Y Cho
Department of Pathology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Kangnam Gu, Seoul, Korea
Pathol Int 58:17-25. 2008..0149, respectively). Overall, the present findings suggest that EGFR gene amplification is important in predicting prognosis and this should be evaluated in breast carcinoma in addition to Her2 status in routine pathological practice...
- Immunotherapy with rituximab following high-dose therapy and autologous stem-cell transplantation for mantle cell lymphomaJoy Mangel
Advanced Therapeutics Program, Toronto Sunnybrook Regional Cancer Centre, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Semin Oncol 29:56-69. 2002..Although patient numbers are low and follow-up time is short, preliminary results are encouraging. Rituximab may convert partial responders to complete responders. The durability of responses will be determined with longer follow-up...
- Quantitative expansion of structural genomic alterations in the spectrum of neuroendocrine lung carcinomasMathias Gugger
Institute of Pathology, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
J Pathol 196:408-15. 2002..The quantitative expansion of the Rb, p53, c-myc, and Her-2/neu alterations towards high-grade carcinomas suggests common pathogenetic mechanisms in the spectrum of these neoplasms...
- Human papillomavirus infection and cyclin D1 gene amplification in laryngeal squamous cell carcinoma: biologic function and clinical significanceGiovanni Almadori
Istituto di Clinica Otorinolaringoiatria, Policlinico Agostino Gemelli, Largo Agostino Gemelli, 00168, Roma, Italy
Head Neck 24:597-604. 2002..Cyclin D1 gene (CCND1) overexpression and amplification have been shown to play a role as prognostic factors in many human cancers, among which are head and neck cancers...
- Real-time polymerase chain reaction estimation of bone marrow tumor burden using clonal immunoglobulin heavy chain gene and bcl-1/JH rearrangements in mantle cell lymphomaNiels S Andersen
Department of Hematology, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Exp Hematol 30:703-10. 2002..The aim of this study was to evaluate whether a quantitative estimation of tumor burden in consecutive BM samples from MCL patients was feasible and of clinical value...
- Distinct nongenomic signal transduction pathways controlled by 17beta-estradiol regulate DNA synthesis and cyclin D(1) gene transcription in HepG2 cellsMaria Marino
Dipartimento di Biologia, Universita Roma Tre, I 00146 Rome, Italy
Mol Biol Cell 13:3720-9. 2002....
- The effects of acetylsalicylic acid on proliferation, apoptosis, and invasion of cyclooxygenase-2 negative colon cancer cellsH G Yu
Department of Gastroenterology, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan, China, Ruhr University Bochum, Bochum, Germany
Eur J Clin Invest 32:838-46. 2002..The aim of this study was to determine the effects of acetylsalicylic acid on proliferation, apoptosis, and invasion in human cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) negative colorectal cancer cell lines...
- GSK-3beta mediates in the progesterone inhibition of estrogen induced cyclin D2 nuclear localization and cell proliferation in cyclin D1-/- mouse uterine epitheliumYuxiang Wang
School of Life Science and National Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, Fudan University, Shanghai 200433, PR China
FEBS Lett 581:3069-75. 2007..Our results indicate that GSK-3beta is a major target of E(2) and P(4) in regulation of cyclin D2 localization in the mouse uterine epithelium...
- From centrocytic to mantle cell lymphoma: a clinicopathologic and molecular review of 3 decadesSteven H Swerdlow
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Hum Pathol 33:7-20. 2002..Ongoing clinical and basic investigations including microarray analysis will undoubtedly provide additional insights into MCL and perhaps more effective and specific therapeutic modalities...
- Downregulation of SS18-SSX1 expression by small interfering RNA inhibits growth and induces apoptosis in human synovial sarcoma cell line HS-SY-II in vitroChangliang Peng
Musculoskeletal Tumor Centre, Peking University People s Hospital, Beijing, China
Eur J Cancer Prev 17:392-8. 2008..Our results demonstrate that siRNA targeting of SS18-SSX1 may have therapeutic potential in the treatment of synovial sarcomas...
- Differential regulation of HIC1 target genes by CtBP and NuRD, via an acetylation/SUMOylation switch, in quiescent versus proliferating cellsCapucine Van Rechem
CNRS UMR 8161, Institut de Biologie de Lille, Universite Lille Nord de France, Institut Pasteur de Lille, IFR 142, 1 rue Calmette, 59017 Lille Cedex, France
Mol Cell Biol 30:4045-59. 2010..Our results decipher a mechanistic link between two competitive posttranslational modifications of HIC1 and corepressor recruitment to specific genes, leading to growth control...
- The Pit-1/Pou1f1 transcription factor regulates and correlates with prolactin expression in human breast cell lines and tumorsI Ben-Batalla
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, University Clinical Hospital, University of Santiago de Compostela, 15782 Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Endocr Relat Cancer 17:73-85. 2010..Considering the possible role of PRL in breast cancer disorders, the function of Pit-1 in breast should be the focus of further research...
- A novel role of cyclinD1 and p16 in clinical pathology and prognosis of childhood medulloblastomaXin Zhao
The Hunan Children s Hospital, 410007, Changsha, People s Republic of China
Med Oncol 27:985-91. 2010..CyclinD1 and p16 may be independent biomarkers for clinical prognosis in MB. A combined detection of cyclinD1+/p16- expression may benefit us in prediction of a poor survival of MB...
- Targeting janus kinase 2 in Her2/neu-expressing mammary cancer: Implications for cancer prevention and therapyKazuhito Sakamoto
Eppley Institute for Research in Cancer and Allied Diseases, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, 68198 5950, USA
Cancer Res 69:6642-50. 2009..This might be a compensatory mechanism that explains why Jak2 is a relevant target for preventing the initiation but not the progression of ErbB2-associated mammary cancer...
- A cohort study of cyclin D1 expression and prognosis in 602 colon cancer casesShuji Ogino
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:4431-8. 2009....
- bcl-1 gene rearrangements in mantle cell lymphoma: a comprehensive analysis of 118 cases, including B-5-fixed tissue, by polymerase chain reaction and Southern transfer analysisR Chibbar
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA
Mod Pathol 11:1089-97. 1998..The results obtained from these tissues are comparable to those obtained from frozen or formalin-fixed tissue...
- [Analysis of Bcl I polymorphism of factor VIII gene in the molecular diagnosis of female hemophilia A carriers in families from northwestern Venezuela]L Borjas-Fajardo
Laboratorio de Genetica Molecular, Universidad del Zulia, Maracaibo, Venezuela
Sangre (Barc) 44:19-23. 1999..To identify carrier females in segregant families of haemophilia A from Zulia state-Venezuela...
- Differences in bcl-2- and bax-independent function in regulating apoptosis in sensory neuron populationsG Middleton
School of Biomedical Sciences, Biomedical Building, University of St Andrews, St Andrews, Fife KY16 9AJ, Scotland
Eur J Neurosci 12:819-27. 2000..Our results therefore suggest that the relative independence of Bcl-2 and Bax in regulating neuronal survival differs from one population of neurons to another...
- Large cell variants of CD5+, CD23- B-cell lymphoma/leukemiaC H Dunphy
Department of Pathology, St Louis University School of Medicine, 1402 S Grand, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 125:513-8. 2001....
- Cyclin D1 gene contains a cryptic promoter that is functional in human cancer cellsA Terrinoni
Laboratory of Experimental Oncology, Department of Cell Biology and Oncology, Istituto Mario Negri-Consorzio Mario Negri Sud, Santa Maria Imbaro (Chieti, Italy
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 31:209-20. 2001..Thus, this novel CCND1 transcription unit may play a role in the regulation of the expression of cyclin D1 and in tumor cell growth...
- [Primary hyperparathyroidism is common among postmenopausal women. Identification of genetic risk factors can contribute to individualized treatment]P Correa
Burnham Institute, La Jolla, USA
Lakartidningen 98:2198-200. 2001..A new type of familial pHPT was recently discovered. Studies of parathyroid adenomas have demonstrated that the tumor suppressor gene MEN1 and the oncogene cyclinD1 are of importance for the tumorigenesis...
- Macrophage-secreted factors promote a profibrotic phenotype in human preadipocytesMayoura Keophiphath
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM Unité 872, Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, 15 rue de l Ecole de Medecine, 75005 Paris, France
Mol Endocrinol 23:11-24. 2009..This phenomenon might play a role in facilitating the constitution of quiescent preadipocyte pools and eventually in the maintenance and aggravation of increased fat mass in obesity...
- Apoptosis regulators Fau and Bcl-G are down-regulated in prostate cancerMark R Pickard
Institute for Science and Technology in Medicine, School of Life Sciences, Keele University, Huxley Building, Keele, UK
Prostate 70:1513-23. 2010..The present study examines the hypothesis that reduced expression of these genes may be involved in prostate cancer...
- Runx2 transcriptional activation of Indian Hedgehog and a downstream bone metastatic pathway in breast cancer cellsJitesh Pratap
Department of Cell Biology and Cancer Center, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
Cancer Res 68:7795-802. 2008..Thus, our studies define a novel role of Runx2 in up-regulating the vicious cycle of metastatic bone disease, in addition to Runx2 regulation of genes related to progression of tumor metastasis...
- Association of nuclear, cytoplasmic expression of galectin-3 with beta-catenin/Wnt-pathway activation in thyroid carcinomaPaul M Weinberger
Department of Otolaryngology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 133:503-10. 2007..To characterize the localization of galectin-3 in benign and malignant thyroid neoplasms and to correlate this with alterations in beta-catenin and cyclin D1 expression...
- Molecular basis of hyperparathyroidism and potential targets for drug developmentL J Krebs
Center for Molecular Medicine, University of Connecticut Health Center, 263 Farmington Avenue, Farmington, CT 06030 3101, USA
Curr Drug Targets Immune Endocr Metabol Disord 2:167-79. 2002..Attempts to identify new therapies based specifically on the defective pathways in HPT could complement or eventually supplant traditional approaches...
- SYNTHETIC GENE CARRIERS TO TREAT CYSTIC FIBROSISFRANCIS SZOKA; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Ethnic/Racial Minorities in the Colon CFRLoic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Case-Control Study of Adenoma in Sao Paulo JapaneseLoic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pharmacology of Targeted Therapy to Brain TumorsFRANCIS SZOKA; Fiscal Year: 2008..These results will provide a rationale for targeted therapies for human brain tumors. ..
- Biocompatible Dendritic Polymers for in vivo ApplicationsFRANCIS SZOKA; Fiscal Year: 2009..Completion of this research will enable a variety of substantially improved targeted therapies and diagnostic imaging applications that can be successfully applied to treat humans with cancer. ..
- Diet, Genetic Susceptibility and Colorectal NeoplasiaLoic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2006..Genotyping for random markers will permit to exclude residual confounding by ethnicity. ..
- The TGFbeta Pathway, Gene Variants and Colorectal Neopl*Loic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- GENES, DIET AND CARCINOGEN ACTIVATION IN SMOKERSLoic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2004..The elucidation of the main enzymes responsible for carcinogen activation and of the impact of dietary factors on these enzymes would have important implications for cancer prevention. ..
- Biocompatible Dendritic Polymers : In Vivo ApplicationsFRANCIS SZOKA; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Hawaii Colorectal Cancer Family RegistryLoic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will also propose a CFR pilot study exploring the feasibility of assessing assorted mating as evidence for population stratification. ..
- Bioengineering Annulus Fibrosus using Silk ScaffoldRita Kandel; Fiscal Year: 2006..The viability and mechanical properties of the tissue will be evaluated. ..