Genomes and Genes
heritable quantitative trait
Summary: A characteristic showing quantitative inheritance such as SKIN PIGMENTATION in humans. (From A Dictionary of Genetics, 4th ed)
Publications311 found, 100 shown here
- A regulatory mutation in IGF2 causes a major QTL effect on muscle growth in the pigAnne Sophie Van Laere
Department of Animal Breeding and Genetics, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala University, BMC, Box 597, SE 751 24 Uppsala, Sweden
Nature 425:832-6. 2003..The result supports the long-held view that regulatory mutations are important for controlling phenotypic variation...
- Multipoint quantitative-trait linkage analysis in general pedigreesL Almasy
Department of Genetics, Southwest Foundation for Biomedical Research, San Antonio, TX 78245 0549, USA
Am J Hum Genet 62:1198-211. 1998..The general pedigree variance component and IBD estimation methods have been implemented in the SOLAR (Sequential Oligogenic Linkage Analysis Routines) computer package...
- Quantitative trait loci on chromosomes 3 and 17 influence phenotypes of the metabolic syndromeA H Kissebah
Take Off Pounds Sensibly TOPS Center for Obesity and Metabolic Research, and the Human and Molecular Genetics Center, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:14478-83. 2000..0). Situated at these epistatic QTLs are candidate genes likely to influence two biologic precursor pathways of the metabolic syndrome...
- A genome-wide association study of global gene expressionAnna L Dixon
National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, London SW3 6LY, UK
Nat Genet 39:1202-7. 2007..We have created a downloadable database to facilitate use of our findings in the mapping of complex disease loci...
- The family based association test method: strategies for studying general genotype--phenotype associationsS Horvath
Institute for Medical Statistics and Genetic Epidemiology, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Eur J Hum Genet 9:301-6. 2001..This result allows us to generalise the RC-TDT to dominant, recessive and multi-allelic marker codings. Simulations compare the resulting FBAT tests to the RC-TDT and the S-TDT. The FBAT software is freely available...
- A unified mixed-model method for association mapping that accounts for multiple levels of relatednessJianming Yu
Institute for Genomic Diversity, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Nat Genet 38:203-8. 2006..As this new method crosses the boundary between family-based and structured association samples, it provides a powerful complement to currently available methods for association mapping...
- Genetic Power Calculator: design of linkage and association genetic mapping studies of complex traitsS Purcell
Social, Genetics and Developmental Psychiatry Research Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, De Crespigny Park, UK
Bioinformatics 19:149-50. 2003..A website for performing power calculations for the design of linkage and association genetic mapping studies of complex traits...
- Multiple interval mapping for quantitative trait lociC H Kao
Institute of Statistical Science, Academia Sinica, Taipei 11529, Taiwan, Republic of China
Genetics 152:1203-16. 1999..The MIM FORTRAN program is available on the worldwide web (http://www.stat.sinica.edu.tw/chkao/)...
- Epistasis: too often neglected in complex trait studies?Orjan Carlborg
Linnaeus Centre for Bioinformatics, Uppsala University, BMC, Box 598, SE 751 24 Uppsala, Sweden
Nat Rev Genet 5:618-25. 2004
- Score tests for association between traits and haplotypes when linkage phase is ambiguousDaniel J Schaid
Department of Health Sciences Research, Mayo Clinic Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Hum Genet 70:425-34. 2002..Limited simulations are also presented to demonstrate the validity of our methods, as well as to provide guidelines on how our methods could be used...
- Finding genes that underlie complex traitsAnne M Glazier
Physiological Genomics and Medicine Group, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Hammersmith Hospital, Imperial College Faculty of Medicine, DuCane Road, London W12 0NN, UK
Science 298:2345-9. 2002..These proof-of-concept studies demonstrate the insights that can be expected from the accelerating pace of gene discovery in this field...
- Genetic parameters for carcass composition and pork quality estimated in a commercial production chainH J van Wijk
IPG, Institute for Pig Genetics, Beuningen, 6640 AA, The Netherlands
J Anim Sci 83:324-33. 2005....
- Strategies for mapping and cloning quantitative trait genes in rodentsJonathan Flint
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, Oxford University, Roosevelt Drive, Oxford OX3 7BN, United Kingdom
Nat Rev Genet 6:271-86. 2005..We review the potential of these strategies to identify genes that underlie QTLs in rodents...
- Dissecting the architecture of a quantitative trait locus in yeastLars M Steinmetz
Department of Genetics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Nature 416:326-30. 2002..It also demonstrates a deficiency in current approaches to QTL dissection with implications extending to traits in other organisms, including human genetic diseases...
- A missense variant of the porcine melanocortin-4 receptor (MC4R) gene is associated with fatness, growth, and feed intake traitsK S Kim
Department of Animal Science, Iowa State University, Ames 50011, USA
Mamm Genome 11:131-5. 2000..These results support the functional significance of a pig MC4R missense mutation and suggest that comparative genomics based on model species may be equally important for application to farm animals as they are for human medicine...
- Detection of quantitative trait loci for growth and beef carcass fatness traits in a cross between Bos taurus (Angus) and Bos indicus (Brahman) cattleJ J Kim
Department of Animal Science, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843, USA
J Anim Sci 81:1933-42. 2003..Our results reveal the utility of implementing both the LC and RA models to detect dominant QTL and also QTL with similar allele frequency distributions within parental breeds...
- Quantitative trait loci affecting growth and carcass composition of cattle segregating alternate forms of myostatinE Casas
U S Meat Animal Research Center, ARS, USDA, Clay Center, NE 68933 0166, USA
J Anim Sci 78:560-9. 2000..These results are the initial effort to identify and characterize QTL affecting carcass and growth traits in families segregating myostatin...
- Detection of quantitative trait loci for growth and fatness in pigsJ P Bidanel
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Station de Génétique Quantitative et Appliquée, 78352 Jouy en Josas Cedex, France
Genet Sel Evol 33:289-309. 2001..LW alleles were associated with high growth rate and low backfat thickness, except for those of chromosome 7 and to a lesser extent early-growth alleles on chromosomes 1 and 2 and backfat thickness alleles on chromosome 6...
- Systems genetics of complex traits in Drosophila melanogasterJulien F Ayroles
Department of Genetics, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina 27695, USA
Nat Genet 41:299-307. 2009..Overlapping transcripts in modules associated with different traits provide insight into the molecular basis of pleiotropy between complex traits...
- Prediction of total genetic value using genome-wide dense marker mapsT H Meuwissen
Research Institute of Animal Science and Health, 8200 AB Lelystad, The Netherlands
Genetics 157:1819-29. 2001..It was concluded that selection on genetic values predicted from markers could substantially increase the rate of genetic gain in animals and plants, especially if combined with reproductive techniques to shorten the generation interval...
- Identification of QTLs for root characteristics in maize grown in hydroponics and analysis of their overlap with QTLs for grain yield in the field at two water regimesRoberto Tuberosa
Department of Agroenvironmental Science and Technology, University of Bologna, Italy
Plant Mol Biol 48:697-712. 2002..A comparative analysis of the QTL regions herein identified with those described in previous studies investigating root traits in different maize populations revealed a number of QTLs in common...
- Enhanced efficiency of quantitative trait loci mapping analysis based on multivariate complexes of quantitative traitsA B Korol
Institute of Evolution, University of Haifa, Haifa 31905, Israel
Genetics 157:1789-803. 2001..An example of application of the proposed method on a real data set of 11 traits from an experiment performed on an F(2)/F(3) mapping population of tetraploid wheat (Triticum durum x T. dicoccoides) is provided...
- Genetical genomics: the added value from segregationR C Jansen
Plant Research International BV, PO Box 16, NL 6700 AA, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Trends Genet 17:388-91. 2001..Genetical genomics will combine the power of two different worlds in a way that is likely to become instrumental in the further unravelling of metabolic, regulatory and developmental pathways...
- Environment-dependent reversal of a life history trade-off in the seed beetle Callosobruchus maculatusF J Messina
Department of Biology, Utah State University, Logan, UT 84322 5305, USA
J Evol Biol 16:501-9. 2003..Despite their common dependence on resources acquired during larval stages, fecundity and lifespan in C. maculatus do not appear to be tightly coupled in a physiological or genetic sense...
- Removing the sampling restrictions from family-based tests of association for a quantitative-trait locusS A Monks
Department of Biostatistics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7232, USA
Am J Hum Genet 66:576-92. 2000..Finally, we introduce permutation procedures that are recommended for small samples but that can also be used for extensions of the tests to multiallelic markers and to the simultaneous use of more than one marker...
- Evidence for association and genetic linkage of the angiotensin-converting enzyme locus with hypertension and blood pressure in men but not women in the Framingham Heart StudyC J O'Donnell
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute s Framingham Heart Study, Mass 01701, USA
Circulation 97:1766-72. 1998..We investigated these relations in a large population-based sample of men and women by using association and linkage analyses...
- Testing natural selection vs. genetic drift in phenotypic evolution using quantitative trait locus dataH A Orr
Department of Biology, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14627, USA
Genetics 149:2099-104. 1998..Rejection of the null hypothesis implies a role for directional natural selection. This test is applicable to any character in any organism in which QTL analysis can be performed...
- Selection and genetic (co)variance in bighorn sheepDavid W Coltman
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, T6G 2E9, Canada
Evolution 59:1372-82. 2005..Trade-offs in the form of negative genetic or phenotypic correlations among the traits we have measured do not appear to constrain the potential for evolution in this population...
- The genetic dissection of complex traits in a founder populationC Ober
Department of Human Genetics, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Am J Hum Genet 69:1068-79. 2001..However, even in this young founder population that has extensive linkage disequilibrium, map densities <<5 cM may be required to detect all major QTLs...
- The genetic architecture of quantitative traitsT F Mackay
Department of Genetics, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, Box 7614, North Carolina 27695, USA
Annu Rev Genet 35:303-39. 2001....
- Natural variation for seed oil composition in Arabidopsis thalianaCarmel M O'Neill
John Innes Centre, Norwich Research Park, Colney, Norwich NR4 7UH, UK
Phytochemistry 64:1077-90. 2003..thaliana, has been selected to form a core set which can be used to further dissect the genetics of the regulation of seed lipid traits and to identify the genes involved...
- Determining trait locus position from multipoint analysis: accuracy and power of three different statisticsD A Greenberg
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Genet Epidemiol 21:299-314. 2001..For finding linkage to one locus of several contributing to disease expression, assuming the dominant and recessive models with reduced penetrance is a good approximation of the mode of inheritance at that locus...
- Maternal genetic effects set the potential for evolution in a free-living vertebrate populationA J Wilson
Institute of Cell, Animal and Population Biology, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
J Evol Biol 18:405-14. 2005....
- A genome scan for quantitative trait loci affecting milk production in Norwegian dairy cattleH G Olsen
Department of Animal Science, Agricultural University of Norway, N 1432 Aas, Norway
J Dairy Sci 85:3124-30. 2002..Using bootstrapping, a 95% confidence interval for the position of the QTL for the percentage traits on chromosome 6 was estimated to 16 cM...
- Quantitative developmental genetic analysis reveals that the ancestral dipteran wing vein prepattern is conserved in Drosophila melanogasterA Palsson
Department of Genetics, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695 7614, USA
Dev Genes Evol 210:617-22. 2000..melanogaster wing. This atavistic phenotype indicates that the wing vein prepatterning mechanism can be conserved in highly derived species, and implies that homoplasic venation patterns may be produced by derepression of vein primordia...
- Transgressive segregation, adaptation and speciationL H Rieseberg
Department of Biology, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA
Heredity (Edinb) 83:363-72. 1999..These results lend credence to the view that hybridization may provide the raw material for rapid adaptation and provide a simple explanation for niche divergence and phenotypic novelty often associated with hybrid lineages...
- Common determinants of body size and eye size in chickens from an advanced intercross lineAnkush Prashar
School of Optometry and Vision Sciences, Cardiff University, Maindy Road, Cardiff, Wales, UK
Exp Eye Res 89:42-8. 2009..Furthermore, adjusting for body size will be essential in mapping pure eye size QTL in this chicken population, and may also have value in mapping eye size QTL in humans...
- Genetic dissection of a behavioral quantitative trait locus shows that Rgs2 modulates anxiety in miceBinnaz Yalcin
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, Roosevelt Drive, Oxford OX3 7BN, UK
Nat Genet 36:1197-202. 2004..We then use quantitative complementation to show that Rgs2 is a quantitative trait gene. This combined genetic and functional approach should be applicable to the analysis of any quantitative trait...
- A genome-wide scan of 1842 DNA markers for allelic associations with general cognitive ability: a five-stage design using DNA pooling and extreme selected groupsR Plomin
Social, Genetic and Developmental Psychiatry Research Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, UK
Behav Genet 31:497-509. 2001..Instead we are using the same design to screen markers such as cSNPs and SNPs in regulatory regions that are likely to include functional polymorphisms in which the marker can be presumed to be the QTL...
- The use of molecular genetics in the improvement of agricultural populationsJack C M Dekkers
Department of Animal Science, Iowa State University, 225 Kildee Hall, Ames, Iowa 50011, USA
Nat Rev Genet 3:22-32. 2002..The genes and genetic markers that are being discovered can be used to enhance the genetic improvement of breeding stock through marker-assisted selection...
- Response to mass selection when the genotype by environment interaction is modelled as a linear reaction normRebecka Kolmodin
Department of Animal Breeding and Genetics, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, PO Box 7023, 750 07 Uppsala, Sweden
Genet Sel Evol 36:435-54. 2004....
- Quantitative trait locus (QTL) mapping using different testers and independent population samples in maize reveals low power of QTL detection and large bias in estimates of QTL effectsA E Melchinger
Institute of Plant Breeding, Seed Science and Population Genetics, University of Hohenheim, 70593 Stuttgart, Germany
Genetics 149:383-403. 1998..We conclude that, unless QTL effects are estimated from an independent sample, they can be inflated, resulting in an overly optimistic assessment of the efficiency of MAS...
- Genetic investigation of quantitative traits related to autism: use of multivariate polygenic models with ascertainment adjustmentYun Ju Sung
Division of Medical Genetics, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7720, USA
Am J Hum Genet 76:68-81. 2005..92). This finding suggests a shared genetic basis of these two traits and that they may be most promising for future gene mapping and for extending pedigrees by phenotyping additional relatives...
- Mapping quantitative trait loci for principal components of bone measurements and osteochondrosis scores in a wild boar x large white intercrossL Andersson-Eklund
Department of Animal Breeding and Genetics, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala
Genet Res 75:223-30. 2000..A substantial effect of the chromosome 5 QTL calls for further studies within commercial populations to evaluate whether marker-assisted selection could be used to reduce the prevalence of osteochondrosis...
- Estimation and tests of haplotype-environment interaction when linkage phase is ambiguousS L Lake
Channing Laboratory, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02115, USA
Hum Hered 55:56-65. 2003..Simulations were run to illustrate the salient features of the method. In addition, the method was used to test for haplotype-smoking exposure interaction with data from the Childhood Asthma Management Program...
- Quantitative trait loci analysis for growth and carcass traits in a half-sib family of purebred Japanese Black (Wagyu) cattleK Mizoshita
Cattle Breeding Development Institute of Kagoshima Prefecture, Tsukino, Osumi, SO, Kagoshima 899 8212, Japan
J Anim Sci 82:3415-20. 2004..The research indicates that progeny design with moderate genotyping efforts is a powerful method for detecting QTL in a purebred half-sib family...
- An update of the Courtot x Chinese Spring intervarietal molecular marker linkage map for the QTL detection of agronomic traits in wheatP Sourdille
UMR INRA UBP Amélioration et Santé des Plantes, Domaine de Crouël, 234 avenue du Brezet, 63039 Clermont Ferrand cedex 2, France
Theor Appl Genet 106:530-8. 2003..Almost all of the 21 chromosomes were involved in at least one trait. However, several regions seemed to contain gene clusters either for grain traits (and thus bread-making quality) or plant development traits...
- A comprehensive search for quantitative trait loci affecting growth and carcass composition of cattle segregating alternative forms of the myostatin geneE Casas
US Meat Animal Research Center, ARS, USDA, Clay Center, NE 68933 0166, USA
J Anim Sci 79:854-60. 2001..Regions identified underlying QTL need to be assessed in other populations. Although the myostatin gene has a considerable effect, other loci with more subtle effects are involved in the expression of the phenotype...
- Applying genotyping (TILLING) and phenotyping analyses to elucidate gene function in a chemically induced sorghum mutant populationZhanguo Xin
Plant Stress and Germplasm Development Unit, USDA ARS, 3810 4th Street, Lubbock, TX 79415, USA
BMC Plant Biol 8:103. 2008..Induced mutations in novel genes of interest can be efficiently assessed using the technique known as Targeting Induced Local Lesion IN Genomes (TILLING)...
- Theoretical basis of the Beavis effectShizhong Xu
Department of Botany and Plant Sciences, University of California, Riverside, California 92521, USA
Genetics 165:2259-68. 2003..The theoretical prediction agrees well with the observations reported in Beavis's original simulation study. Application of the theory to meta-analysis of QTL mapping is discussed...
- Quantitative trait locus mapping of fitness-related traits in Drosophila melanogasterM L Wayne
Department of Genetics, Box 7614, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695, USA
Genet Res 77:107-16. 2001..The regions harbouring QTL for female reproductive success and ovariole number were also identified as QTL for longevity in previous studies with these lines...
- Regulatory change in YABBY-like transcription factor led to evolution of extreme fruit size during tomato domesticationBin Cong
Department of Plant Breeding and Genetics, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Nat Genet 40:800-4. 2008..Here, we show that the second major step in the evolution of extreme fruit size was the result of a regulatory change of a YABBY-like transcription factor (fasciated) that controls carpel number during flower and/or fruit development...
- A novel transcriptomic approach to identify candidate genes for grain quality traits in wheatYongfang Wan
Rothamsted Research, Harpenden, Hertfordshire, UK
Plant Biotechnol J 7:401-10. 2009..Expression was identified as being under cis control for 11 of these and under trans control for 18. These transcripts are candidates for involvement in the biological processes which underlie genotypic variation in these traits...
- Genetic mapping in human diseaseDavid Altshuler
Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Science 322:881-8. 2008....
- QTL Express: mapping quantitative trait loci in simple and complex pedigreesGeorge Seaton
Institute of Cell, Animal and Population Biology, University of Edinburgh, West Mains Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JT, UK
Bioinformatics 18:339-40. 2002..User input of three files containing a marker map, trait data and marker genotypes allows mapping of single or multiple QTL by the regression approach, with the option to perform permutation or bootstrap tests...
- Candidate gene analysis of GH1 for effects on growth and carcass composition of cattleJ F Taylor
Department of Animal Science, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843 2471, USA
Anim Genet 29:194-201. 1998..Interval analysis localised effects of taurus vs. indicus alleles on subcutaneous fat and the percentage of either extractable fat from the Iongissimus dorsi muscle to the region of BTA19 harbouring GH1...
- Evidence for a language quantitative trait locus on chromosome 7q in multiplex autism familiesMaricela Alarcon
Center for Neurobehavioral Genetics and Neuropsychiatric Research Institute, and Department of Neurology, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Am J Hum Genet 70:60-71. 2002..The putative autism-susceptibility locus on chromosome 7 may be the result of separate QTLs for the language and repetitive or stereotyped behavior deficits that are associated with the disorder...
- Multitrait least squares for quantitative trait loci detectionS A Knott
Institute of Cell, Animal and Population Biology, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH9 3JT, United Kingdom
Genetics 156:899-911. 2000..As previously found, multitrait analyses increase the power to detect a pleiotropic QTL and the precision of its location estimate. With enough information, discrimination between alternative genetic models is possible...
- Understanding quantitative genetic variationN H Barton
Institute of Cell, Animal and Population Biology, University of Edinburgh, West Mains Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JT, UK
Nat Rev Genet 3:11-21. 2002....
- Population and systems genetics analyses of cortisol in pigs divergently selected for stressHaja N Kadarmideen
Institute of Animal Sciences, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, ETH Zentrum, Zurich, Switzerland
Physiol Genomics 29:57-65. 2007..This is the first study to report a strong genetic basis for cortisol physiology using a systems approach...
- Quantitative founder-effect analysis of French Canadian families identifies specific loci contributing to metabolic phenotypes of hypertensionP Hamet
Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Centre de Recherche, Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, Monteal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Hum Genet 76:815-32. 2005..These methods should accelerate the uncovering of causal haplotypes in complex diseases such as hypertension and metabolic syndrome...
- Evidence for linkage between essential hypertension and a putative locus on human chromosome 17J Baima
Department of Medicine, Hypertension Section, Genetics Program, Center for Human Genetics, Department of Neurology, Boston University, Boston, MA, USA
Hypertension 34:4-7. 1999..Our study confirms this linkage (P=0.0005) and refines the location of the blood pressure QTL...
- Genetic associations between clinical mastitis and somatic cell score in early first-lactation cowsB Heringstad
Department of Animal and Aquacultural Sciences, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, PO Box 5003, N 1432 As, Norway
J Dairy Sci 89:2236-44. 2006..The association between sire posterior means for liability to clinical mastitis and sire predicted transmitting ability for SCS was far from perfect...
- The evolution of the phenotypic covariance matrix: evidence for selection and drift in MelanoplusD A Roff
Department of Biology, University of California, Riverside, CA 92521, USA
J Evol Biol 18:1104-14. 2005....
- A QTL genome scan of the metabolic syndrome and its component traitsMatthew B McQueen
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
BMC Genet 4:S96. 2003..We used genotype and phenotype data from the Framingham Heart Study to perform a full-genome scan for quantitative trait loci underlying the metabolic syndrome...
- Germline allele-specific expression of TGFBR1 confers an increased risk of colorectal cancerLaura Valle
Human Cancer Genetics Program, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Science 321:1361-5. 2008..Conservative estimates suggest that ASE confers a substantially increased risk of CRC (odds ratio, 8.7; 95% confidence interval, 2.6 to 29.1), but these estimates require confirmation and will probably show ethnic differences...
- Pleiotropy of quantitative trait loci for organ weights and limb bone lengths in miceLarry J Leamy
Department of Biology, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Charlotte, North Carolina 28223, USA
Physiol Genomics 10:21-9. 2002..The direction of the effect of these QTLs was almost always consistent within and between characters, with little evidence for antagonistic pleiotropy...
- Mapping genes for NIDDM. Design of the Finland-United States Investigation of NIDDM Genetics (FUSION) StudyT Valle
Department of Epidemiology and Health Promotion, National Public Health Institute, Helsinki, Finland
Diabetes Care 21:949-58. 1998..To map and identify susceptibility genes for NIDDM and for the intermediate quantitative traits associated with NIDDM...
- Establishment of "The Gene Mine": a resource for rapid identification of complex trait genesGrant Morahan
Centre for Diabetes Research, The Western Australian Institute for Medical Research, and Centre for Medical Research, University of Western Australia, MRF Building, Level 6, 50 Murray St, Perth, WA 6000, Australia
Mamm Genome 19:390-3. 2008..The Gene Mine will be a powerful resource for characterization of essentially any mouse phenotype that has a genetic basis...
- Incorporation of covariates in multipoint model-free linkage analysis of binary traits: how important are unaffecteds?A Alcais
Laboratory of Human Genetics of Infectious Diseases, INSERM U 550, Necker Medical School, Paris, France
Eur J Hum Genet 9:613-20. 2001....
- Map-based cloning of quantitative trait loci: progress and prospectsD L Remington
Department of Genetics, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695 7614, USA
Genet Res 78:213-8. 2001..The choice between map-based cloning and alternative methods will depend on details of the species and traits being studied...
- Linkage of high-density lipoprotein-cholesterol concentrations to a locus on chromosome 9p in Mexican AmericansRector Arya
Division of Clinical Epidemiology, Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas, USA
Nat Genet 30:102-5. 2002..A replication study in an independent set of Mexican American families confirmed the existence of a QTL on chromosome 9p...
- A quantitative genetic analysis of slow-wave sleep in influenza-infected CXB recombinant inbred miceL A Toth
Department of Infectious Diseases, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Behav Genet 29:339-48. 1999..The analysis also suggests that dark phase and light phase responses are regulated by different genetic factors...
- A unified Haseman-Elston method for testing linkage with quantitative traitsX Xu
Program for Population Genetics, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, 02115, USA
Am J Hum Genet 67:1025-8. 2000..We also demonstrate that the new test is more powerful than both the traditional one and the recently revisited H-E methods...
- An analysis of polygenes affecting wing shape on chromosome 3 in Drosophila melanogasterK Weber
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Southern Maine, Portland, Maine 04104 9300, USA
Genetics 153:773-86. 1999..The other model posits 11 loci with additive effects whose sum equals the total phenotypic range and with large positive and negative interactions that nearly cancel each other...
- Technical note: prediction of breeding values using marker-derived relationship matricesB J Hayes
Department of Primary Industries Victoria, Attwood, Victoria 3049, Australia
J Anim Sci 86:2089-92. 2008..The approach is demonstrated for an Angus data set with 9,323 SNP markers genotyped...
- Quantitative trait loci affecting components of wing shape in Drosophila melanogasterE Zimmerman
Department of Genetics, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina 27695 7614, USA
Genetics 155:671-83. 2000....
- The impact of pedigree structure on heritability estimates for pulse pressure in three studiesFang Chi Hsu
Department of Public Health Sciences, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Hum Hered 60:63-72. 2005....
- Identification of quantitative trait loci affecting birth characters and accumulation of backfat and weight in a Meishan-White Composite resource populationG A Rohrer
USDA, ARS, U S Meat Animal Research Center, Clay Center, NE 68933, USA
J Anim Sci 78:2547-53. 2000..Suggestive evidence for QTL affecting backfat at 14 wk of age was also detected on SSC 2, 6, 8, and 9. These results have improved our knowledge about the genetics of growth rate and fat accretion at the molecular level in swine...
- Heritability and tissue specificity of expression quantitative trait lociEnrico Petretto
Medical Research Council Clinical Sciences Centre, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
PLoS Genet 2:e172. 2006..We delineate the effects of genetic architecture on variation in gene expression and show the sensitivity of this experimental design to tissue sampling variability in large-scale eQTL studies...
- Genetic analysis of a new mouse model for non-insulin-dependent diabetesJ H Kim
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609, USA
Genomics 74:273-86. 2001..The overt hyperglycemia in TH mice is, therefore, likely due to a mutation in a major diabetes susceptibility locus on Chr 19, which interacts with additional genes to lead to an observable phenotype...
- Congenic mapping of alcohol and pentobarbital withdrawal liability loci to a <1 centimorgan interval of murine chromosome 4: identification of Mpdz as a candidate geneChristoph Fehr
Portland Alcohol Research Center and Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97201, USA
J Neurosci 22:3730-8. 2002..These analyses, and evidence using interval-specific congenic lines, show that alcohol withdrawal severity is genetically correlated with MPDZ status, indicating that MPDZ variants may influence alcohol withdrawal liability...
- Candidate gene association analysis for a quantitative trait, using parent-offspring triosW James Gauderman
Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
Genet Epidemiol 25:327-38. 2003..Hered. 47:342-350) for testing a genetic main effect, but can be as much as twice as efficient for testing G x E interaction, and three times more efficient for testing G x G interaction...
- The analysis of QTL by simultaneous use of the full linkage mapArunas P Verbyla
School of Agriculture, Food and Wine, The University of Adelaide, PMB 1, Glen Osmond, SA, Australia
Theor Appl Genet 116:95-111. 2007..The analysis of flour milling yield in a doubled haploid population illustrates the improved power of detection of QTL using the approach, and also shows how vital it is to allow for sources of non-genetic variation in the analysis...
- Genetic control of the mouse cerebellum: identification of quantitative trait loci modulating size and architectureD C Airey
Center for Neuroscience, Department of Anatomy, University of Tennessee, Memphis, Tennessee 38163, USA
J Neurosci 21:5099-109. 2001..The QTLs we have discovered are among the first loci shown to modulate the size and architecture of the adult mouse cerebellum...
- Multiple flowering time QTLs within several Brassica species could be the result of duplicated copies of one ancestral geneT Axeisson
Department of Plant Biology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala
Genome 44:856-64. 2001..Thus, our data are consistent with the hypothesis that all the major QTLs we detected in the different species of Brassica could be the result of duplicated copies of the same ancestral gene, possibly the ancestor of CO...
- Directional selection is the primary cause of phenotypic diversificationLoren H Rieseberg
Department of Biology, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405 3700, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:12242-5. 2002....
- Genetic dissection of the olfactory bulbs of mice: QTLs on four chromosomes modulate bulb sizeR W Williams
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis 38163, USA
Behav Genet 31:61-77. 2001..In contrast to the first two QTLs, B6 alleles at these two loci decrease bulb weight by 0.5-1.0 mg. Collectively, the four loci account for 20% of the phenotypic variance in bulb weight...
- Selection on mothers and offspring: whose phenotype is it and does it matter?Alastair J Wilson
Institute of Evolutionary Biology, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH9 3JT, United Kingdom
Evolution 59:451-63. 2005..Our results highlight how selection regimes may vary depending on the assignment of reproductive and early life-history traits to either offspring or maternal phenotype...
- Genetical genomic determinants of alcohol consumption in rats and humansBoris Tabakoff
Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado, Denver, Aurora, CO, USA
BMC Biol 7:70. 2009....
- Positional candidate cloning of a QTL in dairy cattle: identification of a missense mutation in the bovine DGAT1 gene with major effect on milk yield and compositionBernard Grisart
Department of Genetics, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Liège B43, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Genome Res 12:222-31. 2002....
- Effect of within-strain sample size on QTL detection and mapping using recombinant inbred mouse strainsJ K Belknap
Research Service 151W, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201, USA
Behav Genet 28:29-38. 1998..However, with DNA pooling, this advantage is greatly reduced and may be reversed depending on the values of hRI2 and n...
- Powerful regression-based quantitative-trait linkage analysis of general pedigreesPak C Sham
SGDP Research Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College, Denmark Hill, London SE5 8AF, United Kingdom
Am J Hum Genet 71:238-53. 2002..In large sibships, the new method is slightly more powerful than variance-components models. The proposed method provides a practical and powerful tool for the linkage analysis of quantitative traits...
- The Arabidopsis epithiospecifier protein promotes the hydrolysis of glucosinolates to nitriles and influences Trichoplusia ni herbivoryV Lambrix
Department of Genetics and Evolution, Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology, Carl Zeiss Promenade 10, D 07745 Jena, Germany
Plant Cell 13:2793-807. 2001..However, isothiocyanates are frequently used as recognition cues by specialist herbivores, and so the formation of nitriles instead of isothiocyanates may allow Arabidopsis to be less apparent to specialists...
- Detection and characterization of quantitative trait loci for meat quality traits in pigsD J De Koning
Animal Breeding and Genetics Group, WIAS, Wageningen University, Wageningen, The Netherlands, 6700 AH
J Anim Sci 79:2812-9. 2001..This study provides information on new QTL affecting meat quality traits. It also shows the benefit of analyzing experimental data under different genetic and statistical models...
- An analysis of polygenes affecting wing shape on chromosome 2 in Drosophila melanogasterK Weber
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Southern Maine, Portland, Maine 04104 9300, USA
Genetics 159:1045-57. 2001..Heterozygous chromosome segments show almost no dominance. Pleiotropic effects on leg shape are only minor. At first view, wing shape genes form a rather homogeneous class, but certain complexities remain unresolved...
- Modulation of retinal cell populations and eye size in retinoic acid receptor knockout miceG Zhou
Center for Neuroscience, University of Tennessee, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Mol Vis 7:253-60. 2001..Rara is of particular interest because this gene is a candidate for Nnc1, a QTL that controls retinal ganglion cell proliferation...
- Mapping quantitative trait loci (QTL) in sheep. II. Meta-assembly and identification of novel QTL for milk production traits in sheepHerman W Raadsma
ReproGen Animal Bioscience Group, Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Sydney, Camden NSW 2570, Australia
Genet Sel Evol 41:45. 2009....
- Group 6: Pleiotropy and multivariate analysisPeter Kraft
Department of Biostatistics, University of California at Los Angeles, 90095 1772, USA
Genet Epidemiol 25:S50-6. 2003....
- Modeling epistasis of quantitative trait loci using Cockerham's modelChen Hung Kao
Institute of Statistical Science, Academia Sinica, Taipei 11529, Taiwan, Republic of China
Genetics 160:1243-61. 2002..Real and simulated examples are used to illustrate Cockerham's model, compare different models, and map for epistatic QTL. Finally, we extend Cockerham's model to multiple loci and discuss its applications to QTL mapping...
- Integrated genetic map and genetic analysis of a region associated with root traits on the short arm of rye chromosome 1 in bread wheatSundrish Sharma
Department of Botany and Plant Sciences, University of California, Riverside, CA 92521 0124, USA
Theor Appl Genet 119:783-93. 2009..It appears that the terminal 15% of the rye 1RS arm carries gene(s) for greater rooting ability in wheat...
- The Genetic Basis of Novel Loci Influencing Myocardial RepolarizationDavid J Milan; Fiscal Year: 2010..While the QT interval is a heritable quantitative trait, the genes that influence the QT interval as well as the response to QT prolonging drugs remain unknown...
- Whole Genome Association Study of Mammographic DensityRulla M Tamimi; Fiscal Year: 2012..g., coronary artery disease), we have seen proof-of-principle that utilizing a reliably measured, heritable quantitative trait (e.g...
- Phenotypes and familiality in speech disordersH Bunnell; Fiscal Year: 2006..We hypothesize that the acoustic phenotypes will define a heritable quantitative trait that can be used for future genome screening studies to identify genes involved in speech...
- Quantitative methods for genetic linkage heterogeneityDaniel Schaid; Fiscal Year: 2008..Aim 3. User-friendly software: User-friendly software that implements the proposed methods, including well-documented procedures and examples of their usage, will be provided free to the scientific community. ..
- Genetics of Alcohol Sensitivity in DrosophilaTrudy Mackay; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- QUANTITATIVE ASSOCIATION METHODS FOR GENE MAPPINGDaniel Schaid; Fiscal Year: 2001..The advantages of this proposed research, over those currently used to identify and characterize genes of complex diseases, are that it will offer a more powerful and flexible method to find these types of genes. ..
- STATISTICAL METHODS FOR MAPPING MULTIVARIATE PHENOTYPESSaurabh Ghosh; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Novel approaches in linkage analysis for complex traitsMariza de Andrade; Fiscal Year: 2003..No new data will be collected for this grant proposal. The application clearly fits the goal of this NHLBI grant program since it will explore new approaches using an existing data set collected through NHLBI support. ..
- EFFECTS OF DIOXIN ON TOOTH AND MANDIBLE TRAITS IN MICELarry Leamy; Fiscal Year: 2005..The identification of such genes should allow us to test for potential effects of this toxicant, even at prevailing levels of exposure in human populations, on a myriad of human diseases. ..
- BEHAVIORAL AND PHYSIOLOGIC PATHOBIOLOGY OF MICELINDA TOTH; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Alcohol selected mice: Comparative withdrawal syndromesJohn Belknap; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will use the newly available Affymetrix mouse 430 2.0 Genechip(r) representing the vast majority of all genes in the mouse genome. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Facility renovation to expand mouse barrier spaceLINDA TOTH; Fiscal Year: 2005..This space will not be adequate to support our anticipated continued growth in the areas of infectious disease and toxic challenge and in the need for quarantine of non-vendor rodents. ..
- Sleep and fatigue during renal disease in miceLINDA TOTH; Fiscal Year: 2008..Achieving this ambitious goal is feasible given the experience of my laboratory in surveying sleep phenotypes in other studies involving large numbers of mice. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ANALGESIC REGIMENS FOR SURGERY AND INFLAMMATION IN MICELINDA TOTH; Fiscal Year: 2006..The data should reveal new and practical strategies for relief of post-procedural pain in mice. ..
- GENE MAPPING FOR SENSITIVITY TO COCAINE AND AMPHETAMINEJohn Belknap; Fiscal Year: 2001..The proposed studies build on 5 years of previous work and represent progress toward the identification of specific genes underlying susceptibility to aspects of psychostimulant toxicity and activation/sensitization. ..
- PD GWAS ConsortiumTatiana M Foroud; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- PARKINSON DISEASE COLLABORATIVE STUDY OF GENETIC LINKAGETatiana M Foroud; Fiscal Year: 2010..2. Study the role of parkin mutations in Parkinson's disease. 3. Perform molecular studies to identify PD susceptibility genes. 4. Evaluate putative PD susceptibility genes in a case-control sample. ..
- Genetic Environmental Relationship Between Bone Obesity and Leptin in MiceJames M Cheverud; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project will identify novel genes and physiological pathways affecting osteoporosis and examine how genetic and environmentally-based obesity affects bone mass, morphology and biomechanical function. ..
- HYPGENE-GENETICS FITNESS OBESITY & RISK OF HYPERTENSIONTuomo Rankinen; Fiscal Year: 2007..These data could ultimately lead to more efficient use of physical activity and body weight control in the primary and secondary prevention of hypertension. ..
- GENETIC ANALYSIS OF HIP FRAGILITYTatiana M Foroud; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our goal is to find genetic causes for bone weakening conditions like osteoporosis so better treatments can be developed. ..
- A Mouse Model for Complex Human DiseasesJames Cheverud; Fiscal Year: 2009..Backcrossing with SM/J will be used to narrow the QTL interval for strain loss and to produce a new strain, carrying the unusual phenotypes of SM/J without requiring enforced heterozygosity at the agouti locus. ..
- GENETIC VARIATION IN MURINE LONG BONE GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENTJames M Cheverud; Fiscal Year: 2010..The outcome of these experiments will be a better understanding of the genetic, molecular, and cellular processes responsible for variation in limb growth with consequences for our understanding of pathologies of growth. ..
- HERITAGE FAMILY STUDY, PHASE 4Tuomo Rankinen; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Novel Statistical Methods for Gene-Environment Interactions in Complex DiseasesKung Yee Liang; Fiscal Year: 2009..In particular, quantifying GxE interaction can help identify high risk groups for focused intervention and prevention, and improve our understanding of etiologic mechanisms for specific diseases. (End of Abstract) ..
- Methodological Research on Substance UseHeping Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular networks: programming normal renal development and modeling disease patLisa Guay Woodford; Fiscal Year: 2007..The meeting will be held in Pecs, Hungary from August 27-30, 2007, immediately preceding the 14th IPNA Congress in Budapest, Hungary (August 31- September 4, 2007). [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cystin, a lipid raft and cilia-associated protein in PKDLisa Guay Woodford; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- RESEARCH TRAINING IN THE EPIDEMIOLOGY OF AGINGStanislav Kasl; Fiscal Year: 2008..In addition, Ph.D. candidates in biostatistics who will work with our biostatistics faculty on developing new techniques for the analysis of longitudinal data on older persons will also be eligible for support. ..
- Framingham Obesity GeneticsLarry Atwood; Fiscal Year: 2008..Association tests will be repeated to independently confirm that polymorphisms in this gene have an effect on BMI. ..
- Genetics and Pharmacogenetics in FSGS (PPG Project 4)Lisa Guay Woodford; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable]..
- Genetics Basis of Dietary Obesity in MiceJames Cheverud; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will increase our knowledge of the important physiological effects of dietary fat, including the genetic variants responsible for individual variations in response to a high fat diet. ..
- Identification of Novel Biomarkers in HDTatiana Foroud; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- An Affected SibPair Study of ADHD in Costa RicaCarol Mathews; Fiscal Year: 2009..Preliminary studies conducted in the CVCR show the feasibility of the sampling, diagnostic, and genotyping approaches described in this application. The sampling will be facilitated by ongoing collaborations established in the CVCR. ..
- A BABOON MODEL FOR THE GENETICS OF CORTICAL BONE MATERIAL PROPERTIESLORENA HAVILL; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- STATISTICAL METHODS FOR GENETIC EPIDEMIOLOGYKung Yee Liang; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- STATISTICAL METHODS FOR CORRELATED SUBSTANCE USE DATAHeping Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- PHARMACOGENOMIC STUDY OF ANTICONVULSANT THERAPYTHOMAS FERRARO; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- GENES FOR ALCOHOLISM SUSCEPTIBILITYTatiana Foroud; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will result in more sophisticated genetic analyses of alcoholism related data, as well as the development of optimum sampling designs for more efficient gene identification. ..
- VARIABLE SELECTION IN GENETIC EPIDEMIOLOGICAL STUDIES OF CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASESC Charles Gu; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results, together with the computer programs and ancillary databases will make a significant contribution to many ongoing and new genetic epidemiological studies of CVD and related diseases. ..
- GENE INTERACTION FOR BODY WEIGHT COMPONENTS IN MICEJames Cheverud; Fiscal Year: 2002..In addition to positional cloning of the QTLs, congenic strains will be formed for each QTL and will be tested, along with the LGxSM recombinant inbred strains for a variety of obesity-related traits. ..
- GENETICS OF BITTER TASTE PERCEPTION IN HUMANSDANIELLE REED; Fiscal Year: 2002..In Specific Aim 3, the P.I. will initiate an evaluation of candidate genes located within the region identified, by screening for variabilities associated with PROP-taster status. ..
- MAMMOGRAPHIC DENSITITES IN CHINESE AND CAUCASIAN WOMENNorman Boyd; Fiscal Year: 2002..Information about selected risk factors and anthropometric variables will be collected by telephone interview. Mammograms will be obtained and digitized, and the volume of the breast and of dense tissue determined. ..
- ANG II AND AVP ISORECEPTORS IN BLOOD PRESSURENelson Ruiz Opazo; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- PATHWAYS TO ALCOHOLISM THROUGH PSYCHOPATHOLOGYHeping Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2001..They further state that identifying these pathways will ultimately assist in the development of an empirical basis for the primary prevention of secondary alcoholism. ..
- Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development AwCarol Mathews; Fiscal Year: 2004..An additional study sample will be collected to investigate the role of these variables on TS spectrum disorders. Clinical and genetic information will be analyzed and correlations explored using a variety of statistical measures. ..
- INFORMATICS CENTER FOR MOUSE NEUROGENETICSRobert Williams; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- A Cross-Cultural Longitudinal Assessment of FASD (U24)Tatiana Foroud; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- FASEB Conference -PKD Mechanisms and Clinical ImpactLisa Guay Woodford; Fiscal Year: 2005..By allowing ample time for scientific exchanges and critical discussion, the conference will serve as a conduit for exploring new experimental ideas and fostering new research collaborations. ..
- INIA: Genotyping CoreROBERT WILLLIAMS; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our goal is efficient service to INIA and NIAAA investigators. ..
- Phenotype-Genotype Interactions and Type 2 DiabetesJames Meigs; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results will provide a foundation for future laboratory efforts and will increase understanding of phenotype-genotype interactions in diabetes pathogenesis. ..
- Quantitative genomics of sexual dimorphismSergey Nuzhdin; Fiscal Year: 2005..We expect our results to have a profound impact on our understanding of the evolution of sexual dimorphism, and the role that sexual differentiation plays in the generation of phenotypic diversity. ..
- Role of Na+ Transporter Genes in Essential HypertensionNelson Ruiz Opazo; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Molecular Genetics of the ET-1/AngII ReceptorNelson Ruiz Opazo; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- GENETICS OF HEART AND KIDNEY DAMAGE IN HYPERTENSIONChristian Deschepper; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Longitudinal Studies Among At-Risk HD Gene CarriersTatiana Foroud; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- A QTL for fetal hemoglobin and F cells on chromosome 8qSwee Thein; Fiscal Year: 2003..The discovery of these factors may also suggest new approaches for therapeutic augmentation of fetal hemoglobin production in patients with SCD and beta thalassemia. ..
- Alcoholism risk and protective factors in TrinidadCindy Ehlers; Fiscal Year: 2006..Study findings can be compared to similar studies being conducted in the US. We believe these studies will allow for the identification of risk and protective factors for alcoholism in these islands. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Positional cloning of obesity genes from congenic miceCraig H Warden; Fiscal Year: 2010..The long term outcome is that we will identify at least one novel and strong and plausible obesity gene. ..
- METHODS/PROGRAMS FOR MAPPING COMPLEX DISEASESLue Ping Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2002..After quality control checks, many of these working programs will be integrated into a software package and will be made available to the community. ..
- PATHOGENESIS OF AUTOIMMUNE DIABETES IN MICEEdward Leiter; Fiscal Year: 2004..Understanding the contributions of diabetes modifying genes in the extended mouse MIHC may identify human HLA orthologs whose presence has recently been established. ..
- A QUANTITATIVE GENETIC MEASURE OF AUTISTIC TRAITSJohn Constantino; Fiscal Year: 2002..If the SRS compares favorably with the ADI-R, the SRS could feasibly be used to study the genetics of autism by examining the genetic structure of autistic traits in whole populations. ..
- A Linkage Map for Schistosoma mansoniTim Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2008..Development of a linkage map will pave the way for finding these genes. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Genome Sequence VariationDavid Altshuler; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A Genome-wide Association Study for Early-Onset Myocardial InfarctionDavid Altshuler; Fiscal Year: 2009..Successfully identifying common gene variants and novel pathways underlying risk of Ml has the potential to transform understanding, treatment, and prevention of the leading cause of death in the U.S. (End of Abstract) ..
- Human Genome Sequence Variation & the Inherited BasisDavid Altshuler; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..