fellowships and scholarships
Summary: Stipends or grants-in-aid granted by foundations or institutions to individuals for study.
Publications256 found, 100 shown here
- Strengthening the academic base of general pediatrics fellowship programs: a national program and curriculum development projectConstance D Baldwin
Department of Pediatrics, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Ambul Pediatr 7:340-7. 2007....
- Advanced fellowship training is associated with improved lymph node retrieval in colon cancer resectionsAndrew Barbas
Section of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Surg Res 170:e41-6. 2011....
- Fellowship training as a modifier of the surgical learning curveFernando J Bianco
Columbia University Division of Urology, Mount Sinai Medical Center, Miami Beach, Florida, USA
Acad Med 85:863-8. 2010..To investigate the effects of fellowship training on a surgeon's learning curve for cancer control after open radical prostatectomy...
- Instability of fellowship intentions during general surgery residenciesLaura R Vick
Department of Surgery, University of Mississippi School of Medicine, Jackson, Mississippi, USA
J Surg Educ 65:445-52. 2008..To determine whether PGY-1 future fellowship preferences are stable during progression through residency...
- Outcomes of laparoscopic partial nephrectomy after fellowship trainingSatyan K Shah
Division of Urology, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
JSLS 13:154-9. 2009..However, it is unclear whether recently fellowship-trained surgeons can replicate such outcomes. We evaluated LPNs performed by 3 surgeons in their initial years of independent practice following laparoscopic fellowship training...
- Motivations to pursue fellowships are gender neutralKaren R Borman
Department of Surgery, Abington Memorial Hospital, 1245 Highland Avenue, Abington, PA 19001, USA
Arch Surg 145:671-8. 2010..To determine the importance of factors in decision making by general surgery chief residents to pursue fellowships and to relate factor importance to gender and residency characteristics...
- Incorporating an HPB fellowship does not diminish surgical residents' HPB experience in a high-volume training centreNicholas J Zyromski
Department of Surgery, Indiana University School of Medicine Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
HPB (Oxford) 12:123-8. 2010..We hypothesized that incorporation of a HPB fellowship in a high-volume clinical training programme would not detract from residents' HPB experience...
- Minimally invasive surgery fellows would perform a wider variety of cases in their "ideal" fellowshipD S Tichansky
Section of Minimally Invasive Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Tennessee Health Science, 956 Court Avenue, Ste G218, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Surg Endosc 22:650-4. 2008..The authors hypothesize that the procedure mix in current MIS training is different from what current MIS fellows would expect for their "ideal" fellowship...
- Advanced laparoscopic fellowship and general surgery residency can coexist without detracting from surgical resident operative experienceShanu N Kothari
Department of Surgery, Gundersen Lutheran Health System, La Crosse, Wisconsin 54601, USA
J Surg Educ 65:393-6. 2008....
- Trends in research time, fellowship training, and practice patterns among general surgery graduatesMichelle C Ellis
Department of Surgery, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
J Surg Educ 68:309-12. 2011..More recently, graduates have been able to obtain fellowships without a dedicated research year, perhaps reflecting shifting fellowship training opportunities...
- Safety and peri-operative outcomes during learning curve of robot-assisted laparoscopic prostatectomy: a multi-institutional study of fellowship-trained robotic surgeons versus experienced open radical prostatectomy surgeons incorporating robot-assisted lTimothy J Leroy
Department of Urology, Mayo Clinic Florida, Jacksonville, Florida 32224, USA
J Endourol 24:1665-9. 2010..To analyze and compare the safety and peri-operative outcomes of fellowship-trained robotic surgeons (FEL) and experienced open surgeons (OE) incorporating robot-assisted laparoscopic prostatectomy (RALP) into practice...
- Prospective evaluation of factors affecting operating time in a residency/fellowship training program incorporating robot-assisted laparoscopic prostatectomyDavid D Thiel
Department of Urology, University of Iowa, Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Endourol 22:1331-8. 2008..We prospectively analyzed factors that affect the time of nine separate RALP steps performed in a residency/fellowship training program incorporating the da Vinci robot...
- General surgery training without laparoscopic surgery fellows: the impact on residents and patientsJohn G Linn
Department of Surgery, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Surgery 150:752-8. 2011..To evaluate resident case volume after discontinuation of a laparoscopic surgery fellowship, and to examine disparities in patient care over the same time period...
- A persistent problem. Traditional gender roles hold back female scientistsAnna Ledin
Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, Stockholm, Sweden
EMBO Rep 8:982-7. 2007
- Adequacy of fellowship training: results of a survey of recently graduated fellowsK A Joiner
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8022, USA
Clin Infect Dis 32:255-62. 2001..These results form the basis for the Infectious Diseases Society of America's new initiatives to assist with more-diversified and relevant fellowship training...
- Robotic radical prostatectomy learning curve of a fellowship-trained laparoscopic surgeonKevin C Zorn
Section of Urology, Department of Surgery, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Endourol 21:441-7. 2007..We evaluated the learning curve of a highly experienced laparoscopic surgeon in achieving expertise with RLRP...
- Pediatric workforce: a look at pediatric infectious diseases data from the American Board of PediatricsLinda A Althouse
American Board of Pediatrics, Chapel Hill, NC 27514, USA
J Pediatr 150:131-3, 133.e1. 2007
- Teaching robotic surgery: a stepwise approachMohamed R Ali
Department of Surgery, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Surg Endosc 21:912-5. 2007..After an initial institutional experience with 50 robot-assisted laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass procedures, a curriculum was developed for fellowship training in robotic surgery...
- Transforming a hospital nursing research fellowship into an evidence-based practice fellowshipJami S Gattuso
Division of Nursing Research and Patient Care Services, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 332 N Lauderdale Street, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
J Nurs Adm 37:539-45. 2007..The transformation of the fellowship and the short-term outcomes are described...
- Bursaries, writing grants and fellowships: a strategy to develop research capacity in primary health careKarin Ried
Primary Health Care Research Evaluation and Development Program, Department of General Practice, Flinders University, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
BMC Fam Pract 8:19. 2007..This article describes outcomes of the funding scheme and contributes to the debate surrounding the effectiveness of funding schemes as a means of building research capacity...
- Program report cards: evaluation across multiple residency programs at one institutionRoy Phitayakorn
Department of Surgery, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Acad Med 82:608-15. 2007..They hope that DIOs and program directors will be able to compare residency programs objectively and identify areas for improvement at a local and national level...
- Impact of fellowship training on the learning curve for laparoscopic gastric bypassDavid Oliak
Private Practice, Orange, CA, USA
Obes Surg 14:197-200. 2004..Patients have worse outcomes during the learning curve. Our aim was to evaluate the impact of fellowship training on outcomes during a surgeon's early experience with LRYGBP...
- Building a nursing research fellowship in a community hospitalMarian C Turkel
Northwest Community Hospital, Arlington Heights, IL, USA
Nurs Econ 26:26-34. 2008..Nursing research is now part of the professional nursing culture...
- Promoting evidence-based care through a clinical research fellowship programmeDonna J Milne
Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre and School of Nursing, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Clin Nurs 16:1629-39. 2007....
- Impact of fellowship training in initiating a laparoscopic donor nephrectomy programKamran P Sajadi
Department of Surgery, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912 4050, USA
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 17:425-8. 2007..He subsequently performed 30 HAL renal surgeries prior to initiating our hand-assisted laparoscopic donor nephrectomy (HALDN) program...
- Learning by doing: developing fellows' academic skills through collaborative researchMiguel G Madariaga
John H Stroger Jr Hospital of Cook County, Chicago, IL, USA
Med Teach 28:77-80. 2006..This problem-based approach for learning research methods seems more effective than traditional methods and may be applicable to a broad range of training programs...
- Impact of fellowship training on pathologic outcomes and complication rates of radical prostatectomyCharles J Rosser
Division of Urology, University of Florida, Jacksonville, Florida 32209, USA
Cancer 107:54-9. 2006..The study was conducted to assess the results of radical prostatectomy (RP) performed by fellowship-trained surgeons in the first year of independent practice...
- Training postgraduate urologists in laparoscopic surgery: the current challengeArieh L Shalhav
Department of Urology, Indiana University School of Medicine and Methodist Hospital, Indianapolis, USA
J Urol 167:2135-7. 2002..It provides the practitioner with clinical experience under mentor direct guidance and supervision before embarking on independent laparoscopic surgery at an individual hospital...
- Do general internal medicine fellows find jobs that match their training?L J Zakowski
University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA
J Gen Intern Med 13:410-3. 1998..Clinician-educators had a marked discordance between actual time allocations for research and clinical work and their recollection of their expectations when looking for a job...
- Motivation to pursue surgical subspecialty training: is there a gender difference?Jaime H McCord
Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
J Am Coll Surg 205:698-703. 2007..Few studies have examined whether women and men identify the same factors as important in choosing their specialty. We sought to evaluate whether the factors influencing residents' choice of surgical specialty differed by gender...
- Adult nephrology fellowship training in the United States: trends and issuesMark E Rosenberg
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:1027-33. 2007..By working together, nephrology fellowship programs can overcome barriers that are raised by these issues and improve the fellowship training experience...
- Bringing order to the chaos: developing a matching process for minimally invasive and gastrointestinal postgraduate fellowshipsLee L Swanstrom
Department of Minimally Invasive Surgery, Legacy Health System, Portland, OR 97210, USA
Ann Surg 243:431-5. 2006..In an effort to bring order to this chaotic situation, the Minimally Invasive Surgery Fellowship Council (MISFC) was founded in 1997...
- The learning curve measured by operating times for laparoscopic and open gastric bypass: roles of surgeon's experience, institutional experience, body mass index and fellowship trainingGarth H Ballantyne
Bariatric Surgery Center, Hacekensack University Medical Center, Hackensack, NJ 07601, USA
Obes Surg 15:172-82. 2005..The aim of this study was to compare the learning curves in terms of surgical time for the first 3 surgeons performing LRYGBP in our hospital with the length of surgery for open gastric bypass (CONTROLS)...
- Program directors' perspectives on federally funded fellowship training in primary care researchJ F Steiner
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80262, USA
Acad Med 75:74-80. 2000..To describe the organization, models of training, and institutional impact of National Research Service Award fellowship programs in primary care research...
- Progressive specialization within general surgery: adding to the complexity of workforce planningKaryn B Stitzenberg
Cecil G Sheps Center for Health Services Research, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
J Am Coll Surg 201:925-32. 2005..This study examines progressive specialization by evaluating trends in fellowship training among general surgeons...
- Changing demographics of residents choosing fellowships: longterm data from the American Board of SurgeryKaren R Borman
Department of Surgery, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS 39216 4505, USA
J Am Coll Surg 206:782-8; discussion 788-9. 2008..Longterm data describing the characteristics of residents selecting fellowships are lacking. Credible data could inform decisions about surgical education paradigms and workforce planning...
- Attitudes and perceptions of internal medicine residents regarding pulmonary and critical care subspecialty trainingScott Lorin
The Mount Sinai Medical Center, Box 1232, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Chest 127:630-6. 2005..To evaluate the attitudes and perceptions of internal medicine residents regarding pulmonary and critical care medicine (PCCM) training...
- How to teach regional anesthesiaKatrin Bröking
Klinik und Poliklinik für Anästhesiologie und operative Intensivmedizin, University of Munster, Munster, Germany
Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 19:526-30. 2006..To avoid serious complications of these techniques structured residency programs need to be available...
- Clinical hospital medicine fellowships: perspectives of employers, hospitalists, and medicine residentsPhilip H Goodman
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Nevada School of Medicine, Reno, NV 89502, USA
J Hosp Med 3:28-34. 2008....
- The residency experience in pediatric otolaryngologyKara Kerscher
New York Presbyterian Hospital Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York, USA
Laryngoscope 118:718-22. 2008..To assess the residency experience in pediatric otolaryngology, determine the impact of pediatric fellowship programs on residency training, and evaluate the need for fellowship training in pediatric otolaryngology...
- Evolution of vascular fellowship training in the new era of endovascular techniquesE T Choi
Section of Vascular Surgery, Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Vasc Surg 33:S106-10. 2001..We have to critically reevaluate and redefine what constitutes adequate vascular fellow experience in the surgical treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysms...
- Part-time training in general surgery: results of a web-based surveyAlison R Saalwachter
The University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0709, USA
Arch Surg 141:977-82. 2006..This study was designed to assess interest in part-time surgical training. We hypothesized that more women than men would be interested in this option...
- Why invest in an educational fellowship program?Nancy S Searle
Office of Curriculum, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Acad Med 81:936-40. 2006..The authors hope that the various program descriptions will help readers to improve their existing programs and/or to initiate new programs...
- Working group 1: How to increase the output of cardiologistsKenneth Lee Baughman
J Am Coll Cardiol 44:233-7. 2004
- Training general surgery residents in pediatric surgery: A Canadian surveyD Poenaru
Department of Surgery, Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
J Pediatr Surg 36:706-10. 2001..Perceived resident competence often lags behind program and faculty expectations. These data can be used for directing educational priorities in general surgery programs...
- Educational fellowship programs: common themes and overarching issuesLarry D Gruppen
Department of Medical Education, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0201, USA
Acad Med 81:990-4. 2006....
- Effects of perceptions and mentorship on pursuing a career in academic medicine in obstetrics and gynecologyJ M Cain
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey 17033, USA
Acad Med 76:628-34. 2001..Perceptions of bias are a serious barrier to developing racial, ethnic, and gender diversity in leadership positions...
- Teaching communication skills: an AACE survey of oncology training programsMark Hoffman
Department of Hematology Oncology, Long Island Jewish Medical Center Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New Hyde Park, NY 11040, USA
J Cancer Educ 19:220-4. 2004..The extent of communication skills training (CST) in American oncology fellowship programs is unknown...
- Presidential address: mind the gapR James Valentine
Southern Association for Vascular Surgery, Division of Vascular Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9031, USA
J Vasc Surg 45:1277-81. 2007
- Creating change agents: a national substance abuse education projectMarianne T Marcus
Association for Medical Education and Research in Substance Abuse, Providence, RI 02908, USA
Subst Abus 26:5-15. 2005..This study evaluated the effects of a national interdisciplinary faculty development program, Project MAINSTREAM, on creating curriculum enhancement in health professional education...
- The essentials of neuropsychiatry: teaching residents and fellows the interface between psychiatry and neurologyZeina N Chemali
Division of Cognitive and Behavioral Neurology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Harv Rev Psychiatry 13:312-5. 2005
- Quality and quantity: gauging the effects of the new ACGME program requirements for inpatient psychiatric educationArt Walaszek
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison WI 53719, USA
Acad Psychiatry 31:261-5. 2007
- 20 years of scientific training of Dutch medical students in an American academic division for pediatric gastroenterology and nutrition: impact on career developmentEdmond H H M Rings
Department of Pediatrics, Beatrix Children s Hospital, University Medical Center Groningen, The Netherlands
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 46:419-22. 2008..To evaluate the impact on career development of a program for scientific training of Dutch medical students in an American academic division for pediatric gastroenterology and nutrition...
- The structure of program evaluation: an approach for evaluating a course, clerkship, or components of a residency or fellowship training programSteven J Durning
Department of Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland 20814, USA
Teach Learn Med 19:308-18. 2007..The purpose of this article is to discuss a framework for program evaluation that has sufficient rigor to satisfy accreditation requirements yet is flexible and responsive to the uniqueness of individual educational programs...
- Adolescent substance use disorders and psychiatrists: competent assessment and treatment?Christopher R Thompson
Am J Addict 17:245-6. 2008
- The nursing home in long-term care educationHeidi K White
Division of Geriatrics, Department of Medicine, Duke University School of Medicine, Geriatrics Research Education and Clinical Center, Durham VA Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 9:75-81. 2008..Curricular elements should be directed by the needs of the specific group of learners and the resources of the institution...
- The training needs and priorities of male and female surgeons and their traineesAlison R Saalwachter
Department of Surgery, The University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Am Coll Surg 201:199-205. 2005..We hypothesized that men and women would express similar training priorities, yet have subjectively different experiences...
- The training and careers of regional anesthesia fellows--1983-2002Joseph M Neal
Department of Anesthesiology, Virginia Mason Medicl Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Reg Anesth Pain Med 30:226-32. 2005..The education and subsequent careers of regional anesthesia fellows have not been examined but may provide insight into improving future fellowship training and/or the future of the subspecialty...
- Pediatric surgery fellowship compliance to the 80-hour work weekAlan P Ladd
Division of Pediatric Surgery, Riley Hospital for Children, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Pediatr Surg 41:687-92; discussion 687-92. 2006..The goal of this study was to determine the compliance of pediatric surgery fellowships with Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) duty hour restrictions while confronting a reduced resident workforce...
- There is hope for the future: national survey results reveal that geriatric medicine fellows are well-educated in end-of-life careCynthia X Pan
Brookdale Department of Geriatrics and Adult Development, Hertzberg Palliative Care Institute, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 53:705-10. 2005..To assess the status of geriatric medicine (GM) fellows' training experiences in end-of-life care via self-report...
- The resident scholar program: a research training opportunity for internal medicine house staffAbigail B Byrnes
University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
J Cancer Educ 22:47-9. 2007..The Resident Scholar Program (RSP) at the University of Cincinnati, Department of Internal Medicine was created to overcome these challenges...
- Does psychiatry residency training reflect the "real world" of psychiatry practice? A survey of residency graduatesTimothy Petersen
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Acad Psychiatry 31:281-9. 2007..The authors determine whether Massachusetts General Hospital's residency graduates believed their training reflected their current practice activities...
- A uniform third-year application and offer date for pediatric fellow applicants: pro and conF Bruder Stapleton
Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington, Seattle Children s Hospital, Seattle, Washington 98115, USA
J Pediatr 149:587-588. 2006
- Pediatric workforce: a look at pediatric emergency medicine data from the American Board of PediatricsLinda A Althouse
American Board of Pediatrics, Chapel Hill, NC 27514, USA
J Pediatr 149:600-602. 2006
- In choosing a research health career, mentoring is essentialHerbert Y Reynolds
Division of Lung Diseases, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Two Rockledge Center, 6701 Rockledge Drive, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 7952, USA
Lung 186:1-6. 2008..As creative and spirited mentoring efforts are often very important in career selection, current approaches need to be critiqued for improvement...
- The National Institute for Program Director Development: a school for program directorsPerry A Pugno
Division of Medical Education, American Academy of Family Physicians, Leawood, KS 66211 2672, USA
J Am Board Fam Pract 15:209-13. 2002..In 1994, the Association of Family Practice Residency Directors (AFPRD) made the development of training and support resources for program directors a top priority...
- Career development in old-age psychiatry: opportunities through the American Association for Geriatric PsychiatryCharles F Reynolds
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 3811 O Hara Street, E 1135, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Acad Psychiatry 31:105-6. 2007
- Setting a trajectory for career-long professional developmentDeborah J Hales
APA, Arlington, VA 22209, USA
Acad Psychiatry 31:127-8. 2007
- Training future generations of mental health researchers: devising strategies for tough timesCharles F Reynolds
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Acad Psychiatry 31:152-9. 2007....
- Perceptions and attitudes of critical care training and careers among United States surgical residents: who wants to be a surgical intensivist?Stephen M Cohn
Department of Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Am Surg 73:433-7. 2007..Theoretical expansion of surgical critical fellowships to include more general or trauma surgery (acute care surgery) increased the level of interest among senior surgical residents...
- Job market survey of recent pediatric emergency medicine fellowship graduatesTien T Vu
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, The Children s Hospital, Section of Emergency Medicine, Denver, CO 80218, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 23:304-7. 2007....
- Pay it forwardJames P Borgstede
Colorado Springs Radiologists, PC, Colorado Springs, CO 80908 3239, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 2:457-8. 2005
- American College Of Radiology/Society of Breast Imaging curriculum for resident and fellow education in breast imagingEdward A Sickles
University of California, San Francisco, Medical Center, Department of Radiology, San Francisco, CA 94143 1667, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 3:879-84. 2006..Radiologists already in practice also may find the curriculum useful in outlining the material they need to know to remain up to date in the practice of breast imaging...
- Annual ADEA survey of dental school seniors: 2002 graduating classRichard G Weaver
Center for Educational Policy and Research, American Dental Education Association, 1625 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20036, USA
J Dent Educ 66:1388-404. 2002
- The effect of dual training in internal medicine and pediatrics on the career path and job search experience of pediatric graduatesJohn K Chamberlain
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, USA
J Pediatr 151:419-24. 2007..To compare the job search experience and career plans of medicine-pediatrics (med-peds) and pediatric residents...
- Developing Initial Competency-based Outcomes for the Hospice and Palliative Medicine Subspecialist: phase I of the hospice and palliative medicine competencies projectLaura J Morrison
Section of Geriatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Institute for Palliative Medicine, The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Palliat Med 10:313-30. 2007..Lessons learned are highlighted...
- Report of the task force on residency training information (2001-2002), American Board of Emergency MedicineGwendolyn L Hoffman
Task Force on Residency Training Information, American Board of Emergency Medicine, East Lansing, MI 48823 6319, USA
Ann Emerg Med 39:510-27. 2002..We present the fifth annual report on the status of US emergency medicine residency programs..
- The status of academic general pediatrics: no longer endangered?Tina L Cheng
Division of General Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, 600 N Wolfe St, Park 392, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Pediatrics 119:e46-52. 2007..Although these divisions are now well established, many continue to feel "endangered" because of funding uncertainties in supporting their missions...
- Factors influencing candidates' choice of a pediatric dental residency programMarcio A da Fonseca
Ohio State University Nationwide Children s Hospital, Department of Dentistry, 700 Children s Drive, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
J Dent Educ 71:1194-202. 2007..These findings may help program directors tailor their interviews and programs to suit the needs of applicants...
- Strengthening the fellowship training experience: findings from a national survey of fellowship trained geriatricians 1990-1998Annette Medina-Walpole
Department of Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14620, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 52:607-10. 2004..Accredited geriatric fellowship programs as well as fellows should recognize potential gaps in training, and make available opportunities to strengthen these areas critical to preparing for future careers in geriatric medicine...
- Perceived preparedness for physiatric specialization and future career goals of graduating postgraduate year IV residents during the 2004-2005 academic yearVishwa S Raj
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Am J Phys Med Rehabil 86:1001-6. 2007....
- Putting "rural" into psychiatry residency training programsWilliam A Nelson
Department of Psychiatry, Dartmouth Medical School, 35 Centerra Parkway HB7251, Lebanon, NH 03766, USA
Acad Psychiatry 31:423-9. 2007..The authors offer suggestions for integrating a rural focus in psychiatry residency training to foster greater competency and interest in rural psychiatry...
- ACGME requirements for end-of-life training in selected residency and fellowship programs: a status reportDavid E Weissman
Palliative Care Program, Medical College of Wisconsin, c o Froedtert Hospital, 9200 West Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Acad Med 77:299-304. 2002..National recommendations have been developed for physicians' end-of-life (EOL) education. No comprehensive assessment has been done to examine postgraduate (residency and fellowship) EOL training...
- Vascular surgery training: is there enough case material?Jack L Cronenwett
Department of Surgery, Section of Vascular Surgery, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Semin Vasc Surg 19:187-90. 2006....
- Advanced training in vascular surgery: how does it need to change?Amy B Reed
Department of Surgery, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Division of Vascular Surgery, 231 Albert Sabin Way, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Semin Vasc Surg 19:191-3. 2006..This article addresses these issues and potential solutions...
- Overview of the educational scholarship trackModena Wilson
Department of Committees and Sections, American Academy of Pediatrics, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007 1098, USA
Ambul Pediatr 4:88-91. 2004..There are objective indications that scholars in this track were successful in furthering their careers in medical education...
- Outcomes results from the evaluation of the APA/HRSA Faculty Scholars ProgramDeborah E Simpson
Office of Educational Services, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Ambul Pediatr 4:103-12. 2004....
- Building capacity for research in family medicine: is the blueprint faulty?Peter Curtis
Department of Family Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27514, USA
Fam Med 35:124-30. 2003..This study compared the training programs and career paths of family medicine graduates in the National Research Service Award (NRSA) Program for Research in Primary Medical Care with general internal medicine and general pediatric peers...
- Early specialization in surgical training: an old concept whose time has come?Barbara Lee Bass
The Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Semin Vasc Surg 19:214-7. 2006..This article reviews the question and current deliberations of the stakeholders in graduate surgical education and training...
- Nonsurgical sports medicine training in the United States: a survey of sports medicine fellowship graduatesMichael Henehan
Sports Medicine Fellowship Program, San Jose Medical Center, School of Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
Clin J Sport Med 13:285-91. 2003..To survey graduates of nonsurgical sports medicine fellowship training programs about the quality and content of their educational curriculum...
- The unique role of psychiatric organizations and societies in professional developmentLinda Worley
Department of Psychiatry, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR, USA
Acad Psychiatry 31:112-3. 2007
- Professor Hassan K. Awwad; The Father of Radiation Oncology and Radiobiology in Egypt and the Arab World, His Good Deeds Last Forever and Inspire us for the FutureMohamed S Zaghloul
Radiation Oncology Department, National Cancer Institute, Cairo, Egypt
J Egypt Natl Canc Inst 19:1-2. 2007..We are sure that this book with all other good deeds performed by Prof. Awwad, will keep his memory in Egypt as well as elsewhere in the whole world...
- Standard guidelines for care: sclerotherapy in dermatologyNiti Khunger
Department of Dermatology and STD, VM Medical College and Safdarjang Hospital, New Delhi, India
Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 77:222-31. 2011..It is a simple, cost-effective, efficacious and esthetically acceptable modality for both therapeutic and esthetic purposes...
- Fellowship training in academic general internal medicine: a curriculum surveyJ D Orlander
Department of Medicine, Cambridge Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, Massachusetts
J Gen Intern Med 6:460-5. 1991..These areas deserve increased emphasis during fellowship training to better prepare fellows for their future roles in academic general internal medicine...
- Attitudes towards 12-step groups and referral practices in a 12-step naive treatment culture; a survey of addiction professionals in NorwayJohn Kåre Vederhus
Addiction Unit, Sørlandet Hospital, Kristiansand, Norway
BMC Health Serv Res 9:147. 2009..This study describes clinicians' attitudes and referral practices to TSGs in Norway where health authorities seek to promote self-help participation, but where the treatment culture is unfamiliar with 12-step fellowships...
- Stanley L Drummond-Jackson. Pioneer of intravenous anaesthesia in dentistryAshish Gopakumar
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Liverpool University Dental Hospital, Pembroke Place, Liverpool L3 5PS
SAAD Dig 27:61-5. 2011..Modern anaesthesia owes a lot to early pioneers, many of them being dentists and Drummond-Jackson was among them...
- Pediatric hospitalist: a national and regional trendRonald J Teufel
MUSC, 135 Rutledge Avenue, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
J S C Med Assoc 103:126-9. 2007..In summary, hospitalists programs are growing and defining new paradigms in the national healthcare system. The programs can offer numerous benefits to patients, hospitals, and payers...
- Integrated fellowship in vascular surgery and intervention radiology: a new paradigm in vascular trainingLouis M Messina
Divisions of Vascular Surgery and Interventional Radiology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Ann Surg 236:408-414; discussion 414-5. 2002..To evaluate an integrated fellowship in vascular surgery and interventional radiology initiated to train vascular surgeons in endovascular techniques and to train radiology fellows in clinical aspects of vascular diseases...
- Child psychiatry curricula in undergraduate medical educationMichael Gifford Sawyer
University of Adelaide and the Children, Youth and Women s Health Service, 72 King William Road, North Adelaide, South Australia 5006, Australia
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 47:139-47. 2008....
- Career support in medicine - experiences with a mentoring program for junior physicians at a university hospitalBarbara Buddeberg Fischer
Department of Psychosocial Medicine, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
Psychosoc Med 1:Doc04. 2004..The mentoring program presented here is being extended to other departments of the hospital on the basis of the positive experiences it has offered...
- The use of restraint for pediatric psychiatric patients in emergency departmentsDavid H Dorfman
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Boston Medical Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 20:151-6. 2004....
- CEREBROVASCULAR RESERVE BY XE/CT VERSUS TCD AND OXIMETRYRonda Pindzola; Fiscal Year: 2003..Then Dr. Pindzola plans to design a study to assess risk for stroke in asymptomatic patients based on cerebrovascular reserve measurements. ..
- Androgen Modulation of Neurodegeneration in Dopamine NeuronsRebecca L Cunningham; Fiscal Year: 2010..Nopage numbering necessary. Not to exceed 3 publications;2 for predoctoral candidates.) E3 Check if Appendix is included PHS 416-1 (Rev. 10/05) Page 4 Form Page 4 ..
- Chromosome Analysis of Single CellsBrynn Levy; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- PREDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIPS FOR STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIESERIKA LAWSON; Fiscal Year: 2007..APPLICANT S EDUCATION DEGREE MONTH(mm) YEAR (yyyy) B.S. 6 2001 Ph.D. 5 2006 17. APPLICANT S TRAINING/EMPLOYMENT ACTIVITY/ BEGINNING OCCUPATION DATE (mm/yy) N/A Fellowship Application follow ..
- Mechanisms of Response to GnRH Receptor SignalingMARK LAWSON; Fiscal Year: 2005..Isolation of actively translated and total mRNA from treated and control cells will allow identification and quantification of global changes in gene expression. ..
- PAPILLOMAVIRUS CONFERENCES, 2000-2004Lucia Pirisi Creek; Fiscal Year: 2000..The next three Papillomavirus Conferences will be held abroad, and finding funds to support foreign travel by students is particularly difficult, hence these funds are particularly needed. ..
- PALLIATIVE CARE FELLOWSHIPJ Billings; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- RESEARCH TRAINING IN GERIATRIC MEDICINEJEROME KOWAL; Fiscal Year: 2000..This program has attracted superior postdoctoral trainees to aging research, stimulated collaborative efforts in aging research, increased our faculty pool and heightened visibility of geriatrics and gerontologic research at CWRU. ..