Summary: General or unspecified diseases of the stomatognathic system, comprising the mouth, teeth, jaws, and pharynx.
Publications169 found, 100 shown here
- Descending necrotizing mediastinitis. Diagnosis and surgical treatmentC Lavini
Department of Thoracic Surgery, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 44:655-60. 2003..Surgical management remains controversial. Our investigations reviews the most effective surgical treatment in the management of this rare pathology...
- Nutritional status of urban homebound older adultsC S Ritchie
Division of Gerontology and Geriatric Medicine, Center for Aging, Birmingham, AL, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 66:815-8. 1997..This study found a high prevalence of undernutrition in urban homebound older adults and suggests that oral health disability may affect nutritional status in this population...
- Deep neck abscess: a retrospective review of 210 casesA Parhiscar
Department of Otolaryngology, State University of New York-Health Science Center at Brooklyn, 11206, USA
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 110:1051-4. 2001..Intravenous drug abuse and mandibular fractures are no longer major etiologic factors. Tracheotomy is indicated in patients with Ludwig's angina...
- Health insurance coverage for oral diseases. Toward a more sophisticated modelHilary Sherman Weiss
National Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
J Leg Med 24:175-98. 2003
- [Bisphosphonates for myeloma patients]Akiyoshi Miwa
Department of Hematology, International Medical Center of Japan
Nihon Rinsho 65:2315-37. 2007..Prevention of ONJ might be feasible through oral hygiene, because ONJ develops almost always in patients with long-history of dental diseases...
- In vitro antimicrobial activity of Brazilian medicinal plant extracts against pathogenic microorganisms of interest to dentistryElizete Maria Pereira
Laboratory of Microbiology and Biomaterials, School of Dentistry, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Planta Med 77:401-4. 2011..This study suggests that extracts from the plants tested could be an alternative therapeutic option for infectious conditions of the oral cavity, such as denture stomatitis, dental caries, and periodontitis...
- Residual deformities after repair of clefts of the lip and palateMimis Cohen
Division of Plastic Surgery, The Craniofacial Center, The University of Illinois at Chicago, 60612, USA
Clin Plast Surg 31:331-45. 2004..Such procedures should be also planned carefully, taking into consideration all aspects of the deformity to provide our patients with superior habilitation...
- [Comparison of analgetic effect of magnetic and laser stimulation before oral surgery procedures]Rafał Koszowski
Z Katedry i Zakładu Chirurgii Stomatologicznej w Bytomiu Slaskiej Akademii Medycznej w Katowicach
Wiad Lek 59:630-3. 2006..It was observed that patients with high level of stomatological fear had more pain sensations but even in this group laser and magnetic stimulation significantly lowered these complaints...
- Development and evaluation of a comprehensive screening for orofacial dysfunctionMerete Bakke
Department of Oral Medicine Clinical Oral Physiology, School of Dentistry, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Swed Dent J 31:75-84. 2007..Kappa values for interexaminer agreement on the NOT-S scores were 0.42-0.44 (i.e. fair), and the method error was 5.3%. To conclude, NOT-S gave a reliable and valid screening for orofacial dysfunction...
- Oral health status of 12-year-old Nigerian childrenG A Agbelusi
Department of Preventive Dentistry College of Medicine, University of Lagos PMB 12003, Lagos
West Afr J Med 25:195-8. 2006..BACKGROUND STUDY: The World Health Organization has set some goals for the oral health of the 12-year olds'. This study, which is being carried out in a developing nation, will add to the accumulating data worldwide on this index age group...
- Oral health-related quality of life in children: part II. Effects of clinical oral health status. A systematic reviewT S Barbosa
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Piracicaba Dental School, State University of Campinas, Piracicaba, SP, Brazil
Int J Dent Hyg 6:100-7. 2008..The purpose of this paper was to review the literature about children's clinical oral health status and health-related quality of life (HRQoL) and to assess the respective association...
- Psychological considerations in orthognathic surgeryClaudia Crilly Bellucci
Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic Surgery, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611 3008, USA
Clin Plast Surg 34:e11-6. 2007..Success of surgical intervention should be measured both in terms of the occlusal function and morphological improvement, and changes in psychosocial interaction and an improved quality of life for the patient...
- Oral manifestations in a group of young patients with anorexia nervosaP P Montecchi
Cattedra di Pedodonzia, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Rome, Italy
Eat Weight Disord 8:164-7. 2003..The authors conclude by emphasising the importance of involving dentists in the diagnosis and treatment of ED...
- The role of dental evaluation and cephalometric analysis in the diagnosis of Williams-Beuren syndromeIldiko Tarjan
Department of Dentistry for Children and Orthodontics, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Wien Klin Wochenschr 117:226-8. 2005..No other differences were found between WS and control patients. This cephalometric finding is specific and sensitive for WS and can be used in the diagnostic procedure, whereas none of the conventional dental evaluations are useful...
- [Contribution of common factors to the pathogenesis of maxillodental abnormalities in children]T O Daminov
Stomatologiia (Mosk) 81:57-60. 2002..The authors suggest joining all the deformations in a group of "dismetabolic" ones and to develop methods of treatment in collaboration with different specialists...
- [Surgical treatment of diseases in the oral cavity and jaws]Ake Nordenram
Odontologiska institutionen, Karolinska Institutet
Sven Med Tidskr 9:155-62. 2005....
- [The odontogenic maxillary sinusitis: 31 cases]Afifa Charfi
Service d ORL et de CMF, Hopital La Rabta
Tunis Med 85:684-7. 2007..The odontogenic maxillary sinusitis is the consequence of the distribution of an inflammatory or infectious process of a tooth in sinuses mucous membranes...
- Evaluation of an area-based measure as an indicator of inequalities in oral healthD Locker
Department of Community Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 22:80-5. 1994..Moreover, it identified variations in measures of oral health that were independent of household income, and the region of the province in which subjects lived...
- Improving oral health in older peopleJonathan A Ship
J Am Geriatr Soc 50:1454-5. 2002
- Orthodontic management of dentofacial skeletal deformitiesJohn Grubb
Department of Orthodontics, University of Illinois College of Dentistry, Chicago, IL, USA
Clin Plast Surg 34:403-15. 2007..Without this integrated team approach, successful outcomes of treatment can be problematic...
- Oral complications of radiotherapyJames J Sciubba
Division of Dental and Oral Medicine, Department of Otolaryngology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21287 0910, USA
Lancet Oncol 7:175-83. 2006..Here, we focus on these oral complications of radiotherapy, highlight preventive and therapeutic developments, and review the current treatment options available for these disorders...
- Incontinentia pigmenti: clinical observation of 40 Korean casesBeom Joon Kim
Department of Dermatology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 21:474-7. 2006..For better understanding of IP, long term and close cooperation between dermatologists, pediatricians, neuroscientists, genetic counselors, and even dentists is crucial...
- Health and sleep problems in Cornelia de Lange Syndrome: a case control studyS S Hall
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, Stanford University, California, USA
J Intellect Disabil Res 52:458-68. 2008..The relationship between these areas and comparison to a control group is warranted...
- [The incidence of stomatologic diseases among the reserve officers: the epidemiological investigation]G I Prokhvatilov
Voen Med Zh 327:17-21, 96. 2006....
- [Stomatological diseases prevalence (morbidity) in workers of Plutonium factory]V N Olesova
Stomatologiia (Mosk) 86:72-5. 2007
- [Present-day problems and state of fundamental dentistry in Russia]A A Kulakov
Stomatologiia (Mosk) 85:4-7. 2006..The main directions, successes and drawbacks of theoretical studies on stomatological problems in our country are considered...
- Anesthesia for fucosidosisClaude Abdallah
Division of Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Paediatr Anaesth 17:994-7. 2007..We report a case of a 6-year-old child, diagnosed with fucosidosis type 2, who presented for dental rehabilitation under general anesthesia. Anesthesia was uneventful. Features of fucosidosis are discussed...
- [Odontostomatologic management of hemato-oncologic pediatric patients]M Baldoni
Clinica Odontoiatrica, Universita degli Studi di Milano Bicocca, Milano, Italy
Minerva Pediatr 59:445-6. 2007
- Screening for functional disorders of the masticatory system among teenagersL Nielsen
Department of Orthodontics, Royal Dental College, University of Aarhus, Denmark
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 18:281-7. 1990..Based on a cost to benefit consideration a brief clinical examination is preferred to a self-administered questionnaire as a routine procedure for detection of craniomandibular disorders...
- [Scientific conference about the improvement of stomatological service in the Armed Forces of Russian Federation. June 5-6 2007, St. Petersburg, Russia]G I Prokhvatilov
Voen Med Zh 328:88-91. 2007
- [Possible causes of oro-facial pain]Giuseppe Alessandro Scardina
Sezione di Odontostomatologia, Dipartimento di Scienze Stomatologiche G Messina, Universita, Palermo
Recenti Prog Med 98:259-64. 2007..The body uses pain to tell the brain that something is wrong. Never ignore pain. Any type of pain symptom needs prompt professional medical advice for diagnosis of the underlying cause of the pain...
- Patient assessed symptoms are poor predictors of objective findings. Results from a cross sectional study in patients treated with radiotherapy for pharyngeal cancerKenneth Jensen
Department of Oncology, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Acta Oncol 46:1159-68. 2007..The aim of the study was to assess the value of the EORTC questionnaires C30 and H&N35, as an instrument for the study of side effects...
- The presence of dental disease can be a risk factor for recurrent Helicobacter pylori infection after eradication therapy: a 3-year follow-upB S Sheu
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical College, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
Endoscopy 39:942-7. 2007..We investigated whether dental disease might be associated with a higher recurrence of Helicobacter pylori infection after successful eradication by triple therapy...
- Disease in the neolithic population of the Lengyel culture (4300-4000 B.C.) from the Kujawy region in north-central PolandE Garłowska
Łódź University, Poland
Z Morphol Anthropol 83:43-57. 2001..Some interesting results have been achieved by comparing the incidences of diseases regarding sex groups: pathological alterations were observed with greater frequency in male than female skeletons...
- Costs of medically treated craniofacial conditionsCecelia B Snowden
Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation, Calverton, MD 20705, USA
Public Health Rep 118:10-7. 2003..Policy makers can use this cost model to compare the impact of different conditions, to target areas for reducing costs, and to allocate appropriate health resources...
- [Useful knowledge for diagnostic imaging of oral region]Maya Sakamoto
Nihon Hoshasen Gijutsu Gakkai Zasshi 59:343-9. 2003
- [Treatment of inflammatory pyodestructive processes of the oral cavity, maxillofacial area, and neck by laser and magnetic-laser exposure of the carotid sinus using the Optodan laser apparatus]N A Zhizhina
Stomatologiia (Mosk) 82:32-7. 2003..making use of Optodan laser (patent No. 2014107, Russia) for laser and magnetic-laser therapy...
- Correlations between dentition anomalies and diseases of the of the postural and movement apparatus--a literature reviewHeike Korbmacher
Department of Orthodontics, University of Hamburg, Germany
J Orofac Orthop 65:190-203. 2004..This literature review is aimed at providing an introduction to this still hotly debated issue...
- Oral health research at the crossroads: translate we must!Thomas C Hart
National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research NIH, 31 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Endod 30:684-8. 2004
- A rapid screening technique for feline odontoclastic resorptive lesionsM Heaton
Waltham Centre for Pet Nutrition, Waltham on the Wolds, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire
J Small Anim Pract 45:598-601. 2004....
- Drug eruptions in children with ENT infectionsEfstathios Rallis
Department of Dermatology of 401 General Military Hospital of Athens, 1 Kanelopoulou Street Papagos, GR 11525 Athens, Greece
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 70:53-7. 2006..The aim of this study was to describe the common drug eruptions seen in children with ENT infections, suggesting an approach to this problem...
- [Possibilities and prospects of the dental apparatus Optodan use for the magnetic-laser treatment of stomatologic diseases]A A Prokhonchukov
Stomatologiia (Mosk) 85:68-72. 2006
- Oral and facial piercings: a case series and review of the literaturePía López-Jornet
Dental Clinic and Department of Oral Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Murcia, 30100, Espinardo, Murcia, Spain
Int J Dermatol 45:805-9. 2006..Piercing is popular among young people, who view this practice as a sign of marginality, beauty, or group identity. This study is performed on healthy individuals with oral and facial piercings...
- [Expectations for prosthetic dentistry as a health science]Toshihiro Hirai
Department of Removable Prosthodontics, Health Sciences University of Hokkaido School of Dentistry
Nihon Hotetsu Shika Gakkai Zasshi 50:353-62. 2006..Moreover, it is necessary to practice active enlightenment activity about clinical significance of prosthodontic treatment, and to develop strategies to make peoples recognize "prosthodontics as a health science" widely...
- Epidemiological investigation in outpatients with symptomatic gastroesophageal reflux from the Department of Medicine in Zhejiang Province, east ChinaYou Ming Li
Department of Gastroenterology, First Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23:283-9. 2008..To elucidate the epidemiology of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) symptoms in outpatients from the Department of Medicine in 10 hospitals in Zhejiang Province, east China...
- [Dental-radical cysts, a rare aetiology of maxillary sinus opacity]D Bassou
Service d Imagerie Medicale, hôpital militaire Mohammed V, Rabat, Morocco
Ann Otolaryngol Chir Cervicofac 124:318-21. 2007..To specify CT scan roll in diagnosis of radicullar cyst invading maxillary sinus...
- [The state of the art in human dental stem cell research]Christian Morsczeck
Institut fur Humangenetik, Universitat Regensburg, Franz Josef Strauss Allee 11, 93053, Regensburg, Germany
Mund Kiefer Gesichtschir 11:259-66. 2007..Nonetheless dental stem cells are CD45 negative and they express rarely hematopoietic stem cell markers. These research results plead for the participation of dental stem cells in dental practice in future...
- Post mortem survey of dental disorders in 349 donkeys from an aged population (2005-2006). Part 2: epidemiological studiesN du Toit
Division of Veterinary Clinical Science, Royal Dick School of Veterinary Studies, University of Edinburgh, Easter Bush Veterinary Centre, Roslin, Midlothian EH25 9RG, UK
Equine Vet J 40:209-13. 2008..However, no investigation appears to have examined the association of dental disorders with managemental factors and any intercurrent illness...
- Ultrasonography in dentistrySleiman R Ghorayeb
Hofstra University, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Hempstead, NY, USA
IEEE Trans Ultrason Ferroelectr Freq Control 55:1256-66. 2008....
- Oral findings in newborn children in and around Mangalore, Karnataka State, IndiaDilip George
Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, Yenepoya Dental College Hospital, Mangalore, Karnataka, India
Med Princ Pract 17:385-9. 2008..The aims of this study were to determine the prevalence of normal findings and oral anomalies in newborn children in and around Mangalore, India, within the first week of birth...
- Assessment of dental faculty, staff, and students on knowledge of health effects associated with tobacco useBrian C Muzyka
Division of Dentistry, Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina 27834, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 15:135-8. 2009..This study examined the knowledge of the health effects associated with tobacco use among dental school faculty, staff, and students...
- Oral health in Alzheimer's disease: a reviewM Mancini
Centro di Ricerche Cliniche, Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale e Sanità Pubblica, Universita di Camerino, 62032 Camerino, Italy
Curr Alzheimer Res 7:368-73. 2010..The problem of awareness of good oral health for keeping quality of life more acceptable in adult-onset dementia disorders is discussed...
- Retrospective analysis of post-mortem findings in 1,444 aged donkeysL D Morrow
Department of Veterinary Clinical Science, Royal Veterinary College, London AL9 7TA, UK
J Comp Pathol 144:145-56. 2011..The findings increase knowledge of diseases and conditions of this species and may be useful when investigating the relevance of various pathological conditions in the live animal...
- Design of dental surgeries in relation to instrument decontaminationA J Smith
Infection and Immunity Research Group, Glasgow Dental Hospital and School, Faculty of Medicine, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
J Hosp Infect 76:340-4. 2010..This survey suggests that the historical location of dental surgeries in converted residential properties places many restrictions on appropriate design for healthcare premises...
- Oral products and dental diseaseJennifer Larsen
University of California, Davis, USA
Compend Contin Educ Vet 32:E4. 2010..2 Dietary strategies to promote dental health have been established and can be useful additions to a complete home oral care regimen...
- Differing age related trajectories of dysfunction in several organ systems in opiate dependenceAlbert Stuart Reece
University of Western Australia, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Aging Clin Exp Res 24:85-96. 2012..Patients presenting for management of their clinical opiate substance use disorder (SUD) were therefore compared with general medical non-SUD (N-SUD) patients...
- Surgery for inflammatory tumor of the lung caused by pulmonary actinomycosisM Schweigert
Department of General and Thoracic Surgery, Klinikum Nuernberg Nord, Nuernberg, Germany
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 60:156-60. 2012..Therefore delayed diagnosis and misdiagnosis is common. Here, actinomycosis was initially confused with pulmonary carcinoma...
- Diagonal ear lobe crease and atherosclerosis: a review of the medical literature and dental implicationsArthur H Friedlander
VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Hospital Dental Service, UCLA Medical Center, School of Dentistry, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 17:e153-9. 2012..DELC is readily visible during head and neck cancer screening examinations. In conjunction with the patient's medical history, vital signs, and panoramic radiograph, the DELC may assist in atherosclerotic risk...
- Could leprosy reaction episodes be exacerbated by oral infections?Ana Carolina Fragoso Motta
Department of Morphology, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
Rev Soc Bras Med Trop 44:633-5. 2011..This study evaluated whether leprosy reactions could be associated with oral infection...
- Integrating the common risk factor approach into a social determinants frameworkRichard G Watt
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College, London, London, UK
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 40:289-96. 2012..In more equal and fairer societies, all sections of the social hierarchy experience better health and social well-being...
- Medications prescribed in emergency departments for nontraumatic dental condition visits in the United StatesChristopher Okunseri
Department of Clinical Services, Marquette University School of Dentistry, Milwaukee, WI 53201 1881, USA
Med Care 50:508-12. 2012..Prior research has documented factors associated with nontraumatic dental condition (NTDC) visits to emergency departments (EDs), but little is known about the care received by patients in EDs for NTDC visits...
- Social determinants of oral health inequalities: implications for actionRichard G Watt
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London, London, UK
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 40:44-8. 2012..Based upon the WHO conceptual framework on the social determinants of health inequalities, an overview will be presented of a range of actions that could be implemented to tackle the social gradients in oral health outcomes...
- The "Interdisciplinary Orofacial Examination Protocol for Children and Adolescents": a resource for the interdisciplinary assessment of the stomatognatic systemDiana Grandi
College of Speech Language Therapists of Catalonia, Spain
Int J Orofacial Myology 38:15-26. 2012....
- A one-page orofacial myofunctional assessment form: a proposalLicia Coceani Paskay
Int J Orofacial Myology 38:27-37. 2012..The protocol is an easy but comprehensive form that can be faxed or emailed to referral sources as needed. As science provides more objective assessment and evaluation tools, this one-page form can be easily modified...
- Role of diffusion-weighted MRI in differentiation of masticator space malignancy from infectionA A K Abdel Razek
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Mansoura Faculty of Medicine, Mansoura, Egypt
Dentomaxillofac Radiol 42:20120183. 2013..The aim of this study was to assess the role of the apparent diffusion coefficient (ADC) value in differentiation of masticator space malignancy from infection...
- [Influence of tobacco on dental and oral diseases]Sayaka Furukawa
Department of Oral Health Promotion, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Tokyo Medical and Dental University
Nihon Rinsho 71:459-63. 2013..It is important that various fields of health professionals co-operate closely to promote smoking cessation...
- Rehabilitation of children with ectodermal dysplasia. Part 1: an international Delphi studyIven Klineberg
The University of Sydney, Westmead Hospital Center for Oral Health, Westmead, New South Wales, Australia
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 28:1090-100. 2013..This was done using a questionnaire developed by an interdisciplinary team...
- Advances in equine dental radiologyRobert Baratt
Salem Valley Veterinary clinic, 12 Center Street, Salem, CT 06420, USA
Vet Clin North Am Equine Pract 29:367-95, vi. 2013..Digital systems provide rapid processing of the image, enabling the practitioner to correct positioning errors and retake the image without significant delay. ..
- Odontostomatological aspects in patients with Goldenhar syndrome: a series of 9 patientsL Cingano
Section of Dentistry, Genoa Univerity, Genoa, Italy
Minerva Stomatol 62:375-85. 2013..Considering the severity of the lesions and the affected organs and tissues, the authors report preventive and therapeutic approaches, which present considerable difficulties in timing and quality of interventions. ..
- Views of pregnant women in South Western Sydney towards dental care and an oral-health program initiated by midwivesAjesh George
Centre for Applied Nursing Research, University of Western Sydney, South Western Sydney Local Health District SWSLHD and Ingham Institute Applied Medical Research, Locked Bag 7103, Liverpool BC, NSW 1871, Australia
Health Promot J Austr 24:178-84. 2013..A program is currently being developed for midwives in Australia to promote maternal oral health. The aim of this study was to record the views of pregnant women in Australia towards dental care and midwives promoting oral health...
- [Evaluation of soft tissue lesions affecting the masticator space with dynamic contrast enhanced MRI]Wei Qing Tang
Department of Radiology, Ninth People s Hospital, College of Stomatology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine and Shanghai Research Institute of Stomatology and Shanghai Key Laboratory of Stomatology, Shanghai 200011, China
Zhonghua Kou Qiang Yi Xue Za Zhi 48:711-5. 2013..To determine the characteristics and diagnostic value of dynamic contrast enhanced MRI (DCE-MRI) in differentiating benign soft tissue lesions from malignant tumors affecting the masticator space (MS)...
- Effects of cuts in Medicaid on dental-related visits and costs at a safety-net hospitalMartha Neely
The authors are with the Boston University Henry M Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA Pushkar Mehra is also with Boston Medical Center, Boston
Am J Public Health 104:e13-6. 2014..Dental-related ED visits increased 2% the first and 14% the second year after Medicaid cuts. Percentage increases were highest among older adults, minorities, and persons receiving charity care, Medicaid, and Medicare. ..
- Connection between masticatory efficiency and pathomorphologic changes in gastric mucosaTeresa Sierpinska
Department of Prosthodontics, Medical University of Bialystok, Bialystok, Poland
Quintessence Int 38:31-7. 2007..The purpose of this investigation was to establish a connection between masticatory deficiency and pathomorphologic alterations of gastric mucosa in patients with dyspepsia...
- [Stomatologic diseases in young men with constitutionally related malnutrition]V B Gorbulenko
Voen Med Zh 325:16-21, 96. 2004....
- Dental problems delaying the initiation of interferon therapy for HCV-infected patientsYumiko Nagao
Department of Digestive Disease Information and Research, Kurume University School of Medicine, Kurume, Fukuoka, 830 0011, Japan
Virol J 7:192. 2010..This study determined whether dental problems delayed the initiation of IFN therapy for hepatitis C virus (HCV)-infected patients...
- Elodontoma in captive southern red-backed voles (Myodes gapperi)Julia Rodriguez-Ramos Fernandez
Department of Pathobiological Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin, 2015 Linden Drive, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Zoo Wildl Med 41:555-61. 2010..Microscopically, the apical region of the maxillary incisors was thickened or replaced by irregular dental tissue masses consistent with elodontoma. This is the first report to describe elodontoma in red-backed voles...
- Initial dental needs and a projection of needed dental capacity in the Iowa Department of CorrectionsWendy J Ringgenberg
WRinggen Consulting, Cambridge, Iowa, USA
J Correct Health Care 17:150-9. 2011..When reviewing only dental needs (and not the initial exam), 32% (5,110) identified dental needs were completed and 66% (10,572) were not...
- MBGR protocol of orofacial myofunctional evaluation with scoresIrene Queiroz Marchesan
Int J Orofacial Myology 38:38-77. 2012..The final version of the MBGR protocol with scores has proven to be efficient and effective in the identification of individuals experiencing orofacial myofunctional disorders...
- Dentists' knowledge about anaphylaxis caused by local anaestheticsF Cetinkaya
Department of Pediatrics and Pediatric Allergy, Maltepe University School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Allergol Immunopathol (Madr) 39:228-31. 2011..IgE-mediated systemic reactions to local anaesthetics may be seen--although rarely--by dentists. However, it is not known whether dentists are familiar with symptoms, signs and management of anaphylaxis...
- Socio-cultural factors in dental diseases in the Medieval and early Modern Age of northern SpainBelen Lopez
Departamento de Biologia de Organismos y Sistemas, Universidad de Oviedo, Spain
Homo 63:21-42. 2012..Women were socially excluded from dental care by regulations inspired by religious precepts...
- Extracranial head and neck infectionsDenise Jaworsky
Department of Medicine, University of British Columbia, 2775 Laurel Street, 10th Floor, Vancouver, British Columbia V5Z 1M9, Canada
Crit Care Clin 29:443-63. 2013..By understanding the anatomy and pathophysiology, the reader will gain insight into the rationale for various therapeutic options. ..
- Characterization of microbiota of root canal-treated teeth with posttreatment diseaseIsabela N Rôças
Department of Endodontics and Molecular Microbiology Laboratory, Faculty of Dentistry, Estacio de Sa University, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
J Clin Microbiol 50:1721-4. 2012..The findings call into question the status of E. faecalis as the main pathogen and suggest that other species can be candidate pathogens associated with persistent/secondary endodontic infections...
- Visiting the emergency department for dental problems: trends in utilization, 2001 to 2008Helen H Lee
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Am J Public Health 102:e77-83. 2012..We tested the hypothesis that between 2001 and 2008, Americans increasingly relied upon emergency departments (EDs) for dental care...
- Management of dental-oral procedures in patients with hereditary angioedema due to C1 inhibitor deficiencyJ Jurado-Palomo
Department of Allergology, Hospital La Paz Health Research Institute IdiPAZ, Madrid, Spain
J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 23:1-6. 2013....
- Oral health status and treatment needs of Iruligas at Ramanagara District, Karnataka, IndiaS Kadanakuppe
Department of Public Health Dentistry, VS Dental College and Hospital, Bangalore, India
West Indian Med J 62:73-80. 2013..To assess the oral health status and treatment needs of Iruliga tribal community residing at Ramanagara District, Karnataka, India...
- [Diffuse cervico-facial cellulitis: 32 cases in Libreville]Jérôme Miloundja
Hôpital D instruction des armées Omar Bongo Ondimba Service d ORL and CCF Libreville Gabon
Sante 21:153-7. 2011..The aim of this study was to analyze the predisposing factors and the diagnostic and therapeutic aspects of diffuse cervico-facial cellulitis...
- Morbidity characteristics of patients with congenital insensitivity to pain with anhidrosis (CIPA)Yariv Fruchtman
Soroka University Medical Center, Beer Sheva, Israel
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 26:325-32. 2013..In southern Israel, there are many patients with this disease. We here tried to characterize the different infections acquired by children with CIPA...
- [Clinical application of computed tomography in cattle]K Nuss
Departement für Nutztiere, Vetsuisse Fakultät der Universität Zürich, Winterthurerstrasse 260, Zurich, Schweiz
Tierarztl Prax Ausg G Grosstiere Nutztiere 39:317-24. 2011..Less often it is used for diseases of the vertebrae and limbs. In valuable cattle, the results of computed tomography can be an important part of preoperative planning or be used to avoid unnecessary surgery when the prognosis is poor...
- Kangaroo mother care may help oral growth and development in premature infantsFeng Zhang
ShenZhen Maternity and Child Healthcare Hospital, Department of Stomatology, Shenzhen, China
Fetal Pediatr Pathol 31:191-4. 2012..We hypothesize that KMC also facilitates oral growth and development in premature infants...
- Microbiology of facial cellulitis related to dental infectionY M Kouassi
Service d ORL, de Chirurgie Cervico Maxillo Faciale et d Audiophonologie, CHU de Poitiers, Poitiers Cedex, France
Med Mal Infect 41:540-5. 2011..The study objective was to identify bacteria responsible for facial cellulitis of dental origin...
- How population-level data linkage might impact on dental researchLinda Slack-Smith
School of Dentistry M512, The University of Western Australia, Crawley, WA, Australia
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 40:90-4. 2012..Data linkage is increasingly available in Australia, with other states setting up systems similar to Western Australia and may offer greater insight into oral health...
- Fetal MRI: head and neckDavid M Mirsky
Division of Neuroradiology, Department of Radiology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, 324 South 34th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Magn Reson Imaging Clin N Am 20:605-18. 2012..This article provides an overview of the common indications for MRI of the fetal head and neck, including abnormalities of the fetal skull and face, masses of the face and neck, and fetal goiter...
- Morphological study of the palatal gingiva of the maxillary first molar in the type 2 diabetes mellitus model ratKurito Yasuda
Department of Anatomy, Osaka Dental University, 8 1, Kuzuhahanazono cho, Hirakata shi, Osaka 573 1121, Japan
Okajimas Folia Anat Jpn 88:65-74. 2011....
- [Potential use of parathyroid hormone (PTH) in the treatments for oral diseases]Soichi Tanaka
Department of Biochemistry, Osaka University Graduate School of Dentistry, Japan
Clin Calcium 22:75-82. 2012..It is, therefore, expected that PTH has the potential to be a new therapeutic intervention for oral diseases that require increased bone remodeling and new bone formation...
- General oral status in adults with rheumatoid arthritisL Laurell
Department of Periodontology, Institute for Postgraduate Dental Education, , Sweden
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 17:230-3. 1989..Disorders related to the TMJ occurred much more frequently among RA-patients than among non-RA subjects. It is suggested that thorough stomatognathic examination and TMJ-prophylaxis be included in the overall care of RA-patients...
- Referral patterns, lesion prevalence, and patient care parameters in a clinical oral pathology practiceC M Haberland
Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, College of Dentistry, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 87:583-8. 1999..These results should be corroborated by similar multicenter studies...
- Evaluation of the effect of a stabilization splint on occlusal force in patients with masticatory muscle disordersH Kurita
Department of Dentistry and Oral Surgery, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Japan
J Oral Rehabil 27:79-82. 2000..The integrated occlusal load converged to the normal level with the use of the splint. From the results of this study, it is suggested that the use of the stabilization splint has the effect of normalizing the occlusal force...
- Diagnostic codes in dentistry--definition, utility and developments to dateJames L Leake
Department of Diagnostic and Biological Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
J Can Dent Assoc 68:403-6. 2002....
- [Stomatological status of pilots from various professional groups]A K Iordanishvili
Voen Med Zh 323:67-9. 2002
- External and internal influences on disease risk in catsC A Tony Buffington
J Am Vet Med Assoc 220:994-1002. 2002
- [Summing up the 5-year monitoring of morphology and function of the stomatognathic system in children exposed to radiation]A V Sevbitov
Stomatologiia (Mosk) 82:60-3. 2003..Analysis of 5-year changes in the maxillodental morphology and function showed a trend to improvement: the prevalence of normal-for-age status increased and the parameters of maxillodental function normalized...
- Volunteer Activities on Long-Term Care ResidentsHon Yuen; Fiscal Year: 2002..It is expected that findings will support the activity theory of aging and validate the beneficial effects of residents in LTC facilities participating in structured volunteer activities. ..
- Oral Health in People with Systemic SclerosisHon Yuen; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Ethnopharmacological Studies in Oral MedicineMichael Colvard; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposal will form the basis of a program aimed at the discovery and development of botanically derived oral medications for non-microbial originating oral diseases and conditions. ..
- Risk of HTN Young Adult Lifestyle & Parental InfluenceMARGARET SAVOCA; Fiscal Year: 2005..This innovative approach will identify relevant intervention points for reducing the risk of hypertension among young African Americans. ..
- Toothache Pain: Sources of Care and Self-RemediesLeonard Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2005..The instrument will be pretested on poor White, Black, Hispanic subjects (both individuals who sought relief from dentists and those who did not) who have experienced toothache pain during the preceding six months. ..
- Patient Visits to Physician Offices and/or Emergency Rooms for Dental ProblemsLeonard Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2007..These issues will grow in importance with the aging of the population, as elderly individuals, in general, are more likely to visit a physician than a dentist. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..