Genomes and Genes
Summary: Injections made into a vein for therapeutic or experimental purposes.
Publications298 found, 100 shown here
- Comparison of oral capecitabine versus intravenous fluorouracil plus leucovorin as first-line treatment in 605 patients with metastatic colorectal cancer: results of a randomized phase III studyP M Hoff
University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030 4009, USA
J Clin Oncol 19:2282-92. 2001..To compare the response rate, efficacy parameters, and toxicity profile of oral capecitabine with bolus intravenous (IV) fluorouracil plus leucovorin (5-FU/LV) as first-line treatment in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer...
- Effect of ondansetron pretreatment on pain after rocuronium and propofol injection: a randomised, double-blind controlled comparison with lidocaineM S Reddy
Department of Anaesthesia, National University Hospital, 5 Lower Kent Ridge Road, Singapore 119074
Anaesthesia 56:902-5. 2001..0001) compared with placebo, and significantly better with lidocaine than with ondansetron (p = 0.02). We conclude that ondansetron is effective in relieving the pain of rocuronium but is not as effective as lidocaine...
- Intravenous adenosine and dyspnea in humansNausherwan K Burki
Div of Pulmonary Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Connecticut Health Center, 263 Farmington Avenue, Farmington, CT 06030 1225, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 98:180-5. 2005....
- Antitumor activity of small interfering RNA/cationic liposome complex in mouse models of cancerJunichi Yano
Discovery Research Laboratories, Nippon Shinyaku Co, Ltd, Kyoto, Japan and Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 10:7721-6. 2004..In this study, we have investigated the antitumor activity of a synthetic siRNA, B717, which is sequence specific for the human bcl-2 oncogene, complexed with a novel cationic liposome, LIC-101...
- Lethal injection for execution: chemical asphyxiation?Teresa A Zimmers
DeWitt Daughtry Family Department of Surgery, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, United States of America
PLoS Med 4:e156. 2007..We sought to determine whether the current drug regimen results in death in the manner intended...
- Vitamin C pharmacokinetics: implications for oral and intravenous useSebastian J Padayatty
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, the National Cancer Institut, and the Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1372, USA
Ann Intern Med 140:533-7. 2004..Early clinical studies of vitamin C in patients with terminal cancer suggested clinical benefit, but 2 double-blind, placebo-controlled trials showed none. However, these studies used different routes of administration...
- Circulation and biodistribution profiles of long-circulating PEG-liposomes of various sizes in rabbitsV D Awasthi
Department of Radiology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Int J Pharm 253:121-32. 2003..Beyond this range, the stealth property of PEG-liposomes is significantly compromised and the distribution is characterized by high RES accumulation...
- Response of man to endotoxinG D Martich
Critical Care Medicine Department, Warren G Magnuson Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD
Immunobiology 187:403-16. 1993..Defining the pathways and responses initiated during acute human endotoxemia may allow a better understanding of host responses that are critical to the development of organ dysfunction and shock due to severe infections...
- A randomized controlled trial of fluorouracil plus leucovorin, irinotecan, and oxaliplatin combinations in patients with previously untreated metastatic colorectal cancerRichard M Goldberg
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, CB 7305, 3009 Old Clinic Building, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7305, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:23-30. 2004..In this study, we compared the activity and toxicity of three different two-drug combinations in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer who had not been treated previously for advanced disease...
- Ferumoxytol as an intravenous iron replacement therapy in hemodialysis patientsRobert Provenzano
St John Hospital and Medical Center, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 4:386-93. 2009..Intravenous iron is a key component of anemia management for chronic kidney disease (CKD). Ferumoxytol is a unique intravenous iron product that can be administered as a rapid injection in doses up to 510 mg...
- Progression of changes in dopamine transporter binding site density as a result of cocaine self-administration in rhesus monkeysS R Letchworth
Center for the Neurobiological Investigation of Drug Abuse, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
J Neurosci 21:2799-807. 2001....
- The effect of correction of mild anemia in severe, resistant congestive heart failure using subcutaneous erythropoietin and intravenous iron: a randomized controlled studyD S Silverberg
Department of Nephrology and Cardiology and Congestive Heart Failure Program, Tel Aviv Medical Center, Israel
J Am Coll Cardiol 37:1775-80. 2001..6% in B. CONCLUSIONS: When anemia in CHF is treated with EPO and IV iron, a marked improvement in cardiac and patient function is seen, associated with less hospitalization and renal impairment and less need for diuretics...
- Vascular reactions to in vivo electroporation: characterization and consequences for drug and gene deliveryJulie Gehl
Department of Oncology, University of Copenhagen in Herlev Hospital, Denmark
Biochim Biophys Acta 1569:51-8. 2002....
- Complete remission of experimental arthritis by joint targeting of glucocorticoids with long-circulating liposomesJosbert M Metselaar
Utrecht Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 48:2059-66. 2003....
- Therapeutic silencing of an endogenous gene by systemic administration of modified siRNAsJürgen Soutschek
Alnylam Europe AG, Fritz Hornschuch Str 9, 95326 Kulmbach, Germany
Nature 432:173-8. 2004..These findings demonstrate the therapeutic potential of siRNAs for the treatment of disease...
- Colectomy rate comparison after treatment of ulcerative colitis with placebo or infliximabWilliam J Sandborn
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Gastroenterology 137:1250-60; quiz 1520. 2009..The efficacy of infliximab for treating patients with ulcerative colitis has been established...
- Ferumoxytol for treating iron deficiency anemia in CKDBruce S Spinowitz
Nephrology, New York Hospital Medical Center, Queens, New York, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 19:1599-605. 2008..This regimen may offer a new, efficient option to treat iron deficiency anemia in patients with CKD...
- Pulse steroid therapyAditi Sinha
Division of Nephrology, Department of Pediatrics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences New Delhi, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi, India
Indian J Pediatr 75:1057-66. 2008..Therapy is associated with significant side effects including worsening of hypertension, infections, dyselectrolytemia and behavioral effects. Adequate monitoring is essential during usage...
- Examination of synovial fluid and serum following intravenous injections of hyaluronan for the treatment of osteoarthritis in dogsS O Canapp
Department of Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine, VCA Veterinary Referral Associates, Gaithersburg, Maryland 20878, USA
Vet Comp Orthop Traumatol 18:169-74. 2005..Stifles with cranial cruciate ligament insufficiency had significant alterations in SF viscosity and HA concentrations...
- Intravenous nicotine and caffeine: subjective and physiological effects in cocaine abusersB E Garrett
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 296:486-94. 2001..The study documents both striking similarities and some notable differences between caffeine and nicotine, which are among the most widely used mood-altering drugs...
- Interaction between DNA-cationic liposome complexes and erythrocytes is an important factor in systemic gene transfer via the intravenous route in mice: the role of the neutral helper lipidF Sakurai
Department of Drug Delivery Research, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan
Gene Ther 8:677-86. 2001..These results indicate that the interaction with erythrocytes depends on the properties of the cationic lipid vectors and this is an important factor for intravenous gene delivery using cationic lipid vectors...
- Effects of anti-inflammatory agents on serum levels of calcitonin precursors during human experimental endotoxemiaH L Preas
Critical Care Medicine Department, Warren G. Magnuson Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Infect Dis 184:373-6. 2001..Of importance, this study reveals that anti-inflammatory agents may modulate the CTpr level, which is a potential toxic mediator of inflammation...
- Self-administration of delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) by drug naive squirrel monkeysZuzana Justinova
Preclinical Pharmacology Section, Behavioral Neuroscience Research Branch, Intramural Research Program, National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 169:135-40. 2003....
- Early switch and early discharge opportunities in intravenous vancomycin treatment of suspected methicillin-resistant staphylococcal species infectionsStephen Parodi
J Manag Care Pharm 9:317-26. 2003..Oral linezolid has excellent bioavailability and activity against MRSA and MR-CoNS and offers the potential for outpatient treatment of MRSA and MR-CoNS infections...
- Pharmacokinetics of doxycycline after administration as a single intravenous bolus and intramuscular doses to non-lactating Egyptian goatsA M Abd El-Aty
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Cairo University, 12515 Giza, Egypt
Pharmacol Res 49:487-91. 2004..The extent of serum protein binding percent was 32.8% and the systemic bioavailability was 99.40% after i.m. injection of 5 mg kg-1 BW..
- Ibandronate: a clinical pharmacological and pharmacokinetic updateJoanne Barrett
Roche Products Ltd, 40 Broadwater Road, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, AL7 3AY, United Kingdom
J Clin Pharmacol 44:951-65. 2004..The potency of ibandronate and its sequestration into bone allow ibandronate to be developed as oral and intravenous injection formulations that can be administered with convenient extended between-dose intervals...
- Comparative preclinical and clinical pharmacokinetics of a cremophor-free, nanoparticle albumin-bound paclitaxel (ABI-007) and paclitaxel formulated in Cremophor (Taxol)Alex Sparreboom
National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:4136-43. 2005..To compare the preclinical and clinical pharmacokinetic properties of paclitaxel formulated as a Cremophor-free, albumin-bound nanoparticle (ABI-007) and formulated in Cremophor-ethanol (Taxol)...
- Intravenous iron alone for the treatment of anemia in patients with chronic heart failureAidan P Bolger
Department of Clinical Cardiology, The Heart Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:1225-7. 2006..This study was undertaken to assess the hematologic, clinical, and biochemical response to intravenous iron in patients with chronic heart failure (CHF) and anemia...
- Antibody production in mice deficient for complement receptors 1 and 2 can be induced by IgG/Ag and IgE/Ag, but not IgM/Ag complexesS E Applequist
Department of Genetics and Pathology, Rudbeck Laboratory, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
J Immunol 165:2398-403. 2000..The data also show that the need for CR1/2 can be circumvented by Abs typical of a secondary immune response forming complexes with Ag or by conventional adjuvants, presumably mimicking physiological inflammatory reactions...
- Pharmacokinetics and bioavailability of doxycycline in fasted and nonfasted broiler chickensP Laczay
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Veterinary Science, Szent Istvan University, H 1400 Budapest, P O Box 2, Hungary
Acta Vet Hung 49:31-7. 2001..5%. The presence of food in the intestinal tract reduced and extended the absorption (t1/2a = 1.23 +/- 0.21 h; Cmax = 3.07 +/- 0.23 micrograms/mL; tmax = 3.34 +/- 0.21 h). The absolute bioavailability was reduced to 61.1% +/- 4.4%...
- Prolonged organ retention and safety of plasmid DNA administered in polyethylenimine complexesY K Oh
Department of Microbiology, College of Medicine, Pochon CHA University, Kyonggi-do, South Korea
Gene Ther 8:1587-92. 2001..These results indicate that PEI enhances the delivery and retention of plasmid DNA in the organs, especially the liver, but that safe delivery requires proper dosing intervals...
- Myocardial uptake and biochemical and hemodynamic effects of ACE inhibitors in humansChristopher J Zeitz
University of Adelaide, Department of Medicine, The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Hypertension 41:482-7. 2003..Under resting conditions, both drugs exerted small negative inotropic effects...
- Fatal intravenous injection of potassium in hospitalized patientsAngela R Wetherton
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Kentucy, USA
Am J Forensic Med Pathol 24:128-31. 2003..These cases illustrate the subtlety of findings in such deaths and remind the forensic pathologist to consider this type of event in sudden, unexpected death of hospitalized patients...
- Possible mechanism of gene transfer into early to mid-gestational mouse fetuses by tail vein injectionN Kikuchi
Division of Molecular Life Science, School of Medicine, Tokai University, Isehara, Japan
Gene Ther 9:1529-41. 2002..If significantly improved, gene transfer to fetuses by injection into the maternal circulation may become a promising tool in fetal gene therapy and embryological studies...
- Cholecystokinin stimulates neuronal receptors to produce contraction of the canine colonF C Barone
Department of Pharmacology, Smith Kline and French Laboratories, King of Prussia, PA 19406
Life Sci 44:533-42. 1989..b>Intravenous injections of CCK-OP had no effect on colonic motility at doses that contracted the gallbladder, stomach and duodenum...
- Neonatal intraperitoneal or intravenous injections of recombinant adeno-associated virus type 8 transduce dorsal root ganglia and lower motor neuronsKevin D Foust
Department of Pediatrics, Evelyn F and William L McKnight Brian Institute, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Hum Gene Ther 19:61-70. 2008..Our data suggest that systemic injection of rAAV8 is not an effective delivery route to target lower motor neurons, but could be useful for targeting sensory pathways in chronic pain...
- FOLFIRI followed by FOLFOX6 or the reverse sequence in advanced colorectal cancer: a randomized GERCOR studyChristophe Tournigand
Hopital Saint Antoine, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75571 Paris, Cedex 12, France
J Clin Oncol 22:229-37. 2004..This phase III study investigated two sequences: folinic acid, FU, and irinotecan (FOLFIRI) followed by folinic acid, FU, and oxaliplatin (FOLFOX6; arm A), and FOLFOX6 followed by FOLFIRI (arm B)...
- Efficacy and safety of ibandronate given by intravenous injection once every 3 monthsS Adami
University of Verona, Valeggio, Italy
Bone 34:881-9. 2004..were randomized to receive either 2 mg (n = 261) or 1 mg (n = 131) ibandronate or placebo (n = 128) intravenous injections, given once every 3 months...
- Effects of dose and session duration on cocaine self-administration in ratsSunmee Wee
Committee on the Neurobiology of Addictive Disorders, SP30 2400, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 N Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 320:1134-43. 2007..Therefore, high doses or prolonged access to cocaine are more likely to result in a pattern of cocaine intake that reflects compulsive use...
- Impact of tumor-specific targeting and dosing schedule on tumor growth inhibition after intravenous administration of siRNA-containing nanoparticlesDerek W Bartlett
Chemical Engineering, California Institute of Technology, 1200 E California Blvd, MC 210 41, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 99:975-85. 2008....
- Cell entry targeting restricts biodistribution of replication-competent retroviruses to tumour tissueL J Duerner
Abteilung Medizinische Biotechnologie, Paul Ehrlich Institut, Langen, Germany
Gene Ther 15:1500-10. 2008..The data raise serious doubts about a safe clinical use of non-targeted MLV. Engineering the virus to become activatable by tumour-associated proteases can significantly improve the safety of MLV...
- Tolerance to melanin-associated antigen in autoimmune uveitis is mediated by CD4+CD25+ T-regulatory cellsBharati Matta
Department of Ophthalmology, Jones Eye Institute, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Am J Pathol 173:1440-54. 2008..In conclusion, T-cell nonresponsiveness because of active suppression mediated by T-regulatory cells facilitates the development of tolerance to MAA in EAAU...
- Application of microbiological assay to determine pharmaceutical equivalence of generic intravenous antibioticsAndres F Zuluaga
Grupo Investigador de Problemas en Enfermedades Infecciosas, University of Antioquia, Medellin, Colombia
BMC Clin Pharmacol 9:1. 2009....
- Hemicrania continua responsive to intravenous methyl prednisoloneSanjay Prakash
Department of Neurology, Medical College, Baroda, Gujarat, India
Headache 49:604-7. 2009..Exquisite and persistent effect of indomethacin is a fundamental property of HC. We report 2 patients of HC in which attacks were successfully eliminated by repeated infusion of methyl prednisolone...
- Administration of CD34+ cells after stroke enhances neurogenesis via angiogenesis in a mouse modelAkihiko Taguchi
Department of Cerebrovascular Disease, National Cardiovascular Center, Osaka, Japan
J Clin Invest 114:330-8. 2004..Our data suggest an essential role for CD34(+) cells in promoting directly or indirectly an environment conducive to neovascularization of ischemic brain so that neuronal regeneration can proceed...
- Disposition kinetics, urinary excretion and dosage regimen of levofloxacin formulation following single intravenous administration in crossbred calvesV K Dumka
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Veterinary Science, Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana, India
Vet Res Commun 31:873-9. 2007
- Effective treatment of cutaneous and subcutaneous malignant tumours by electrochemotherapyL M Mir
LPPMB Biochimie Enzymologie, URA 147 CNRS, Institute Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Br J Cancer 77:2336-42. 1998..ECT was effective regardless of the histological type of the tumour. Therefore, ECT offers an approach to the treatment of cutaneous and subcutaneous tumours in patients with minimal adverse side-effects and with a high response rate...
- Pain on i.v. injection of some anaesthetic agents is evoked by the unphysiological osmolality or pH of their formulationsW Klement
Department of Experimental Anaesthesiology,
Br J Anaesth 66:189-95. 1991..We conclude that pain on i.v. injection of some sedative and hypnotic drugs is likely to be caused by formulations of extremely unphysiological osmolalities or pH values...
- Rocuronium-induced generalized spontaneous movements cause pulmonary aspirationJiin Tarng Lui
Department of Anesthesia, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taipei, ROC
Chang Gung Med J 25:617-20. 2002..We describe a case of gastric regurgitation with pulmonary aspiration following generalized spontaneous movements associated with rocuronium injection in a girl who received pediatric emergent surgery...
- Intravenous ibandronate injections in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis: one-year results from the dosing intravenous administration studyPierre D Delmas
Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1 and INSERM Research Unit 403, Lyon, France
Arthritis Rheum 54:1838-46. 2006..The aim of this study was to identify the optimal intravenous dosing regimen for ibandronate in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis...
- Small interfering RNA delivery to the liver by intravenous administration of galactosylated cationic liposomes in miceAyumi Sato
GeneCare Research Institute Co Ltd, 200 Kajiwara, Kamakura, Kanagawa 247 0063, Japan
Biomaterials 28:1434-42. 2007..In conclusion, we demonstrated the hepatocyte-selective gene silencing by galactosylated liposomes following intravenous administration...
- Comparison of diphenhydramine and lidocaine for prevention of pain after injection of propofol: a double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized studyS Apiliogullari
Ozel Konya Hospital, Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Turkey
Eur J Anaesthesiol 24:235-8. 2007..Pain on injection is still a problem with propofol. The purpose of the study was to compare the effectiveness of diphenhydramine and lidocaine on pain caused by propofol at the site of injection...
- Effect of mode of hydrocortisone administration on glycemic control in patients with septic shock: a prospective randomized trialPekka Loisa
Department of Intensive Care, Paijat Hame Central Hospital, Keskussairaalankatu 7, Lahti, Finland
Crit Care 11:R21. 2007..Hydrocortisone induces hyperglycemia and it is possible that continuous hydrocortisone infusion would reduce the fluctuations in blood glucose levels and that tight blood glucose control could be better achieved with this approach...
- Cost analysis applied to postoperative analgesia regimens: a comparison between parecoxib and propacetamolP Tilleul
Department of Pharmacy, Hopital Saint Antoine, 184 rue du Faubourg St Antoine, 75012 Paris, France
Pharm World Sci 29:374-9. 2007..Postoperative pain management represents a significant part of perioperative costs. Non-opioid analgesics are often used in combination with opiates to improve pain relief and reduce opioid-related side effects...
- Improved anti-cancer effect of interferon gene transfer by sustained expression using CpG-reduced plasmid DNAHiroki Kawano
Department of Biopharmaceutics and Drug Metabolism, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
Int J Cancer 121:401-6. 2007..These results indicate that long-term expression of IFN can be achieved by CpG-reduced pDNA and sustained IFN gene expression results in enhanced therapeutic effects of IFN gene transfer against tumor metastasis...
- Frequency, management, and outcome of extravasation of nonionic iodinated contrast medium in 69,657 intravenous injectionsCarolyn L Wang
Department of Radiology, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0030, USA
Radiology 243:80-7. 2007..To determine retrospectively the frequency, management, and outcomes of extravasations of intravenously injected nonionic iodinated contrast medium...
- Significance and impact of bisphosphonate-induced acute phase responsesKarin Olson
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center
J Oncol Pharm Pract 13:223-9. 2007....
- Less than 28 days of intravenous antibiotic treatment is sufficient for suppurative thrombophlebitis in injection drug usersDominik Mertz
Division of Infectious Diseases and Hospital Epidemiology, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Clin Infect Dis 46:741-4. 2008..A <4-week course of intravenous antibiotics may be sufficient...
- Remifentanil prevents withdrawal movements caused by intravenous injection of rocuroniumByung In Choi
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 250 Seongsanno, Seodaemun gu, Seoul 120 752, Korea
Yonsei Med J 49:211-6. 2008..This randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study was designed to evaluate the effect of pretreatment of remifentanil on the withdrawal movements due to intravenous injection of rocuronium during anesthetic induction...
- IL-1 receptors mediate persistent, but not acute, airway hyperreactivity to ozone in guinea pigsKirsten C Verhein
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 39:730-8. 2008..Furthermore, preventing hyperreactivity was accompanied by decreased eosinophil major basic protein deposition within the lung, suggesting that IL-1 affects eosinophil activation 3 days after ozone exposure...
- Preliminary animal pharmacokinetics of the parenteral antifungal agent MK-0991 (L-743,872)R Hajdu
Antibiotic Discovery and Development, Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, New Jersey 07065 0900, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 41:2339-44. 1997..Single daily doses of MK-0991 should provide adequate systemic levels of fungicidal activity as a result of its long half-life pharmacokinetics, wide distribution, and slowly accumulating concentrations in tissue...
- Increased platinum accumulation in SA-1 tumour cells after in vivo electrochemotherapy with cisplatinM Cemazar
Institute of Oncology, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Br J Cancer 79:1386-91. 1999..In addition, besides electroporation, immune system and tumour blood flow changes could be involved in the observed anti-tumour effectiveness of electrochemotherapy...
- Dose-related inflammatory effects of intravenous endotoxin in humans: evaluation of a new clinical lot of Escherichia coli O:113 endotoxinA F Suffredini
Critical Care Medicine Department, Warren G Magnuson Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Infect Dis 179:1278-82. 1999..Thus, in healthy subjects, the magnitude of exposure to CCRE results in a graded dose response of major components of innate immunity...
- A comparison of the pharmacological properties of carbohydrate remodeled recombinant and placental-derived beta-glucocerebrosidase: implications for clinical efficacy in treatment of Gaucher diseaseB Friedman
Cell and Protein Therapeutics Department, Genzyme Corporation, Framingham, MA, USA
Blood 93:2807-16. 1999..Both molecules had poor stability in LEC and relatively long terminal half-lives in PC (t1/2 = 2 days) and KC (t1/2 = 3 days)...
- Lipid-DNA complexes induce potent activation of innate immune responses and antitumor activity when administered intravenouslyS W Dow
Division of Basic Immunology, Department of Medicine, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Denver, CO 80206, USA
J Immunol 163:1552-61. 1999..Thus, DNA complexed to cationic liposomes becomes highly immunostimulatory and capable of inducing strong antitumor activity when administered systemically...
- Clinical and economic impact of a pharmacist-intervention to promote sequential intravenous to oral clindamycin conversionM J Martinez
Department of Pharmacy, Meixoeiro Hospital, Pontevedra, Spain
Pharm World Sci 22:53-8. 2000..A sequential program with clindamycin may provide a cost-effective alternative to conventional therapy and the introduction of an information sheet is a cost-effective strategy to promote it...
- Phasic inhibition of dopamine uptake in nucleus accumbens induced by intravenous cocaine in freely behaving ratsE A Kiyatkin
Program in Neural Science, Department of Psychology, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA
Neuroscience 98:729-41. 2000....
- Cerebral hemodynamics in CADASIL before and after acetazolamide challenge assessed with MRI bolus trackingH Chabriat
Department of Neurology, CHU Lariboisière, Universite Paris VII, France
Stroke 31:1904-12. 2000..Although chronic ischemia is presumed to cause the tissue lesions, the pattern of perfusion abnormalities and hemodynamic reserve in CADASIL, particularly within the white matter, remains unknown...
- Early switch from intravenous to oral antibiotics in hospitalized patients with bacteremic community-acquired Streptococcus pneumoniae pneumoniaJ A Ramirez
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Arch Intern Med 161:848-50. 2001..The identification of Streptococcus pneumoniae bacteremia in hospitalized patients with community-acquired pneumonia is considered by some investigators to be an exclusion criterion for early switch from intravenous to oral therapy...
- Lower-dose heparin with fibrinolysis is associated with lower rates of intracranial hemorrhageR P Giugliano
TIMI Study Group, Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Am Heart J 141:742-50. 2001..The optimal heparin dose as an adjunct to fibrinolysis and its role in causing intracranial hemorrhage (ICH) is unclear...
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of danofloxacin in serum and tissue fluids of goats following intravenous and intramuscular administrationF S Aliabadi
Department of Veterinary Basic Sciences, The Royal Veterinary College, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, UK
Am J Vet Res 62:1979-89. 2001..CONCLUSIONS AND CLINICAL RELEVANCE: Integration of danofloxacin pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic data obtained in goats may provide a new approach on which to base recommendations for therapeutic dosages...
- Differentiation of gut and hepatic first-pass effect of drugs: 1. Studies of verapamil in ported dogsY H Lee
DMPK, LION Bioscience, San Diego, California 92121, USA
Pharm Res 18:1721-8. 2001....
- Combination reperfusion therapy with eptifibatide and reduced-dose tenecteplase for ST-elevation myocardial infarction: results of the integrilin and tenecteplase in acute myocardial infarction (INTEGRITI) Phase II Angiographic TrialRobert P Giugliano
TIMI Study Group, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 41:1251-60. 2003..The goal of this study was to evaluate combinations of eptifibatide with reduced-dose tenecteplase (TNK) in ST-elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI)...
- The prevention of pain from injection of rocuronium by magnesium sulphate, lignocaine, sodium bicarbonate and alfentanilA Turan
Departments of Anaesthesiology and Biostatistics, Medical Faculty, Trakya University, Edirne, Turkey
Anaesth Intensive Care 31:277-81. 2003..Of these drugs, magnesium sulphate, lignocaine and sodium bicarbonate were the most effective while alfentanil was the least effective...
- Assessing analgesia in single and repeated administrations of propacetamol for postoperative pain: comparison with morphine after dental surgeryHugo Van Aken
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University Hospital, University of Munster, Albert Schweitzer Strasse 33, D 48149 Munster, Germany
Anesth Analg 98:159-65, table of contents. 2004....
- Effective intravenous therapy of murine pulmonary metastases with an oncolytic herpes virus expressing interleukin 12Richard J Wong
Head and Neck Service, Laboratory of Epithelial Cancer Biology, Hepatobiliary Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:251-9. 2004..Engineered herpes oncolytic viruses are effective therapeutic agents when delivered directly to tumors in animal models, but their efficacy in treating disseminated disease is poorly defined...
- Sodium ferric gluconate for post-transplant anemia in pediatric and young adult renal transplant recipientsRobert S Gillespie
Driscoll Children s Hospital, Corpus Christi, TX 78411, USA
Pediatr Transplant 9:43-6. 2005..Treatment with SFG appears to yield some improvement in anemia in renal transplant recipients, but the paucity of published information on this topic highlights the need for stronger data, particularly with respect to pediatric patients...
- Long-term effects of intravenous high dose methylprednisolone pulses on bone mineral density in patients with multiple sclerosisM Zorzon
Department of Clinical Medicine and Neurology, University of Trieste, Cattinara Hospital, Trieste, Italy
Eur J Neurol 12:550-6. 2005..BMD should be monitored in patients with MS, regardless of the use of methylprednisolone...
- The evaluation of radiolabeled artesunate on tissue distribution in rats and protein binding in humansQigui Li
Division of Experimental Therapeutics, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, Maryland 20307, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 75:817-26. 2006..The radioactivity in whole blood was higher (two to fourfold) than that in plasma throughout the period of the treatment, suggesting that AS binding to RBCs may relate to its powerful antimalarial activity...
- Effects of IV methylprednisolone on brain atrophy in relapsing-remitting MSR Zivadinov
Department of Clinical Medicine and Neurology, University of Trieste, Italy
Neurology 57:1239-47. 2001..Furthermore, there are no data on the impact of IVMP on T1 black holes or whole-brain atrophy...
- Cerebral volume changes in multiple sclerosis patients treated with high-dose intravenous methylprednisoloneE L J Hoogervorst
Department of Neurology, VU Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Mult Scler 8:415-9. 2002..Multiple sderosis (MS) patients develop varying degrees of cerebral atrophy, which may already begin at disease onset The purpose of this study is to examine the effect of steroid treatment on cerebral volume in MS patients...
- Comparison of four strategies to reduce the pain associated with intravenous administration of rocuroniumA B Chiarella
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, 3B2 32 Walter C Mackenzie Health Sciences Centre, University of Alberta Hospitals, 8440 112 Street, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2B7
Br J Anaesth 90:377-9. 2003..I.V. rocuronium produces intense discomfort at the site of injection in conscious patients. Four strategies to reduce or prevent this discomfort were studied...
- Assessment of myocardial reperfusion by intravenous myocardial contrast echocardiography and coronary flow reserve after primary percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty [correction of angiography] in patients with acute myocardial infarctionW Lepper
Medical Clinic I, University RWTH, Aachen, Germany
Circulation 101:2368-74. 2000....
- Dendritic cells injected via different routes induce immunity in cancer patientsL Fong
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
J Immunol 166:4254-9. 2001..d. and two of six for i.l. routes. These results suggest that while activated DC can prime T cell immunity regardless of route, the quality of this response and induction of Ag-specific Abs may be affected by the route of administration...
- Clinical pharmacokinetics of norfloxacin-glycine acetate after intravenous and intramuscular administration to horsesS C Park
Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology Labs, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kyungpook National University, 702 701 Sangyeok dong, Buk Gu, Daegu, Republic of Korea
Res Vet Sci 74:79-83. 2003..36 and 7.35 mgkg(-1) for i.m. and i.v. administration, respectively...
- Patient preference and pharmacokinetics of oral modulated UFT versus intravenous fluorouracil and leucovorin: a randomised crossover trial in advanced colorectal cancerM M Borner
Early Clinical Studies Group of The European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer, Belgium
Eur J Cancer 38:349-58. 2002..v. 5-FU/LV. Oral UFT/LV compares favourably with i.v. 5-FU/LV in terms of toxicity and patient's preference and leads to prolonged 5-FU exposure, which is comparable to continuous i.v. 5-FU treatment...
- First-line oral capecitabine therapy in metastatic colorectal cancer: a favorable safety profile compared with intravenous 5-fluorouracil/leucovorinJ Cassidy
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Aberdeen, UK
Ann Oncol 13:566-75. 2002..In these trials, capecitabine achieved significantly superior response rates, equivalent time to disease progression and equivalent survival compared with 5-fluorouracil (5-FU)/leucovorin...
- Safety and effectiveness of intravenous morphine for episodic (breakthrough) pain using a fixed ratio with the oral daily morphine doseSebastiano Mercadante
Anesthesia and Intensive Care Unit, Pain Relief and Palliative Care Unit, La Maddalena Cancer Center, Palermo, Italy
J Pain Symptom Manage 27:352-9. 2004..v.-M at a dose equivalent to 20% of the basal oral dosage is safe and effective in the majority of patients experiencing pain exacerbation. This treatment is inexpensive and can be used at little risk to patients...
- Safety assessment of single-bolus administration of TNK tissue-plasminogen activator in acute myocardial infarction: the ASSENT-1 trial. The ASSENT-1 InvestigatorsF Van De Werf
Department of Cardiology, Gasthuisberg University Hospital, Leuven, Belgium
Am Heart J 137:786-91. 1999..To evaluate the safety of several doses of a new thrombolytic, TNK tissue-plasminogen activator (tPA), given as a single bolus to patients with acute myocardial infarction...
- The impact of the optic neuritis treatment trial on the practices of ophthalmologists and neurologistsJ D Trobe
Department of Ophthalmology, W K Kellogg Eye Center, School of Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48105, USA
Ophthalmology 106:2047-53. 1999..To determine whether the Optic Neuritis Treatment Trial (ONTT) results have altered the practice patterns of ophthalmologists and neurologists...
- Glucocorticoid treatment increases inhibitory m(2) muscarinic receptor expression and function in the airwaysD B Jacoby
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 24:485-91. 2001..Thus, decreased vagally mediated reflex bronchoconstriction after glucocorticoid treatment may be the result on increased M(2) receptor expression and function as well as increased degradation of acetylcholine by cholinesterase...
- Considerations for optimal iron use for anemia due to chronic kidney diseaseJ Q Hudson
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, University of Tennessee, Memphis 38163, USA
Clin Ther 23:1637-71. 2001..Treatment guidelines for anemia management have been developed through the National Kidney Foundation Kidney Disease Outcomes Quality Initiative (NKF-K/DOQI)...
- Pharmacokinetics and metabolism of intravenous midazolam in preterm infantsS N de Wildt
Department of Pediatrics, Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Pharmacol Ther 70:525-31. 2001..Midazolam, a benzodiazepine, is finding expanded use in neonatal intensive care units. We studied the pharmacokinetics and metabolism of midazolam after a single intravenous dose in preterm infants...
- Rectal and parenteral paracetamol, and paracetamol in combination with NSAIDs, for postoperative analgesiaJ Rømsing
Department of Pharmaceutics, The Royal Danish School of Pharmacy, Copenhagen
Br J Anaesth 88:215-26. 2002....
- Fatal air embolism in an extremely low birth weight infant: can it be caused by intravenous injections during resuscitation?Martin Wald
University Children s Hospital, General Hospital of Vienna, University of Vienna, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, 1090, Vienna, Austria
Intensive Care Med 29:630-3. 2003....
- Metabolism of paclitaxel in miceHeleen A Bardelmeijer
Department of Clinical Chemistry, The Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Anticancer Drugs 14:203-9. 2003..Including these metabolites, about 60% of the mass balance of paclitaxel could be quantified...
- Effect of daily and intermittent use of ibandronate on bone mass and bone turnover in postmenopausal osteoporosis: a review of three phase II studiesRalph C Schimmer
F Hoffmann La Roche Ltd, Pharmaceuticals Division, Basel, Switzerland
Clin Ther 25:19-34. 2003..The drawbacks of these dosing requirements may be overcome either by reducing dosing frequency or by using alternative routes of administration...
- Lethal injection, autonomy, and the proper ends of medicine: a response to David SilverGerald Dworkin
Departmentof Philosophy, University of California at Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Bioethics 17:212-4. 2003
- Efficacy and safety of tenecteplase in combination with the low-molecular-weight heparin enoxaparin or unfractionated heparin in the prehospital setting: the Assessment of the Safety and Efficacy of a New Thrombolytic Regimen (ASSENT)-3 PLUS randomized trL Wallentin
Department of Cardiology and Uppsala Clinical Research Centre, Uppsala, Sweden
Circulation 108:135-42. 2003..The combination of a single-bolus fibrinolytic and a low-molecular-weight heparin may facilitate prehospital reperfusion and further improve clinical outcome in patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction...
- Intravenous ibandronate reduces the incidence of skeletal complications in patients with breast cancer and bone metastasesJ J Body
Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Institut Jules Bordet, Brussels, Belgium
Ann Oncol 14:1399-405. 2003..This phase III study compared the efficacy of the new potent bisphosphonate, ibandronate, with placebo as intravenous (i.v.) therapy in metastatic bone disease due to breast cancer...
- Intermittent intravenous ibandronate injections reduce vertebral fracture risk in corticosteroid-induced osteoporosis: results from a long-term comparative studyJ D Ringe
Medizinische Klinik IV, Klinikum Leverkusen, University of Cologne, 51375 Leverkusen, Germany
Osteoporos Int 14:801-7. 2003..In conclusion, intermittent i.v. ibandronate injections are efficacious, well-tolerated, and convenient, and promise to offer physicians an important therapeutic advance in the management of osteoporosis...
- Targeted EGFR Antisense Gene Therapy of Brain CancerRUBEN BOADO; Fiscal Year: 2005..delivery technology employs pegylated immunoliposomes (PILs) and is non-invasive, requiring only weekly intravenous injections. The PIL gene transfer technology will be combined with the power of antisense mechanisms to develop new ..
- Prevention and Treatment of Chlorine Gas Induced Injury to the Pulmonary SystemSadis Matalon; Fiscal Year: 2011..5, 6, 12, 24 and 48 h post exposure. These measurements will be repeated following intravenous injections of NAC, ascorbate and deferoxamine as well as albuterol and the tip peptide, every 6 h post exposure for ..
- Mechanisms of IGF-1 mediated rescue of radiation-induced salivary gland dysfunctiKirsten H Limesand; Fiscal Year: 2012..b>Intravenous injections of recombinant IGF1 prior to radiation exposure completely rescues salivary flow rates 30 days after ..
- Substrate Optimization Therapy: A Novel Therapy for MucopolysaccharidosisCHARLES ALEXANDER GLASS; Fiscal Year: 2010..MPS II is a rare genetic disease that is currently only partially managed through weekly intravenous injections. Through this grant we aim to identify compounds that are the crucial starting point for the development ..
- Substrate Optimization Therapy: A Novel Therapy for MucopolysaccharidosisCHARLES ALEXANDER GLASS; Fiscal Year: 2012..a collection of rare childhood genetic diseases that are currently only partially managed through weekly intravenous injections that do not treat the neurological deficits arising from the diseases...
- Charles Milton Strother; Fiscal Year: 2016..purposes while other angiographic modalities such as CTA and MRA have been used in connection with intravenous injections. Although current 3D rotational DSA does provide a 3D reconstruction, the images contain no temporal ..
- Versatile carriers for cell-specific siRNA delivery in vivoPriti Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2012..Importantly, delivery to the target cell type/organ will be achieved through simple intravenous injections. We will generate siRNA carriers to each of the human immune cell subtypes and defined organs/tissues and ..
- Radiological Biomarkers for Frontotemporal Lobar DegenerationKYLE BYRON WOMACK; Fiscal Year: 2011..short MRI sequence that can be added onto the standard sequences in a clinical MRI, and requires no intravenous injections or exposure to radiation...
- ISOFORMS OF CREATINE KINASE--MYOCARDIAL INFARCATIONDana Abendschein; Fiscal Year: 1991..Separate intravenous injections of purified isoforms in conscious dogs with and without concomitant inhibition of plasma isoform ..
- MECHANISM OF TREATMENT COMPLICATIONS IN PARKINSONSRobert Schwartzman; Fiscal Year: 1991..Twenty two monkeys will be made parkinsonian by intravenous injections of MPTP. Eight animals will be used as controls...
- CARDIAC OUTPUT MONITOR FOR CHILDREN'S ICU & SURGERYNikolai Krivitski; Fiscal Year: 2000..Transonic Systems flow/dilution sensor is clipped-onto external tubing, intravenous injections of isotonic saline are performed, and blood is returned to the patient upon completion...
- FUNCTIONAL STUDIES OF MPS VII MICE AFTER ENZYME THERAPYMark Sands; Fiscal Year: 2000..We demonstrated that intravenous injections of phosphorylated beta-glucuronidase started at birth resulted in relatively high levels of enzyme in the ..
- REGULATION OF VIRAL INFECTIVITYWILLIAM CAFRUNY; Fiscal Year: 1991..Uninfected mice will receive intravenous injections of anti-LDV antibodies, or will be immunized with allogeneic macrophages prior to live virus exposure in ..
- THE DEVELOPMENTAL NEUROCHEMISTRY OF COCAINESusan Robinson; Fiscal Year: 1992..Pregnant females will receive either intravenous injections of various doses of cocaine or saline or no treatment in pregnancy during prenatal development of ..
- Mechanistic Studies on Polymeric Controlled Oral GeneKam Leong; Fiscal Year: 2007..nature of gene expression, non-viral gene therapy would necessitate frequent administration by muscular or intravenous injections, the common routes for non-viral in vivo gene transfer...
- Amphetamine Sensitization: Role of Dopamine TransportersJOSHUA GULLEY; Fiscal Year: 2003..Measurements will be made in untreated rats and those withdrawn from daily intravenous injections of saline or amphetamine (AMPH)...
- Augementing Peptide-specific Tolerance in ImmuneNephrit*Ram Singh; Fiscal Year: 2005..Th cell tolerance induction, however, are cumbersome and expensive, as they require multiple intravenous injections of large doses of antigenic peptides; such approaches usually confer a limited and short-lasting ..
- PTS1 Regulation of Brain Met Enk Levels in AlcoholismWilliam Banks; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Opiate Addiction and HIV-1 Induced Release of CytokinesWilliam Banks; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Mechanisms of HIV Transport Across the BBBWilliam Banks; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Cocaine Withdrawal and Pharmacotherapy ResponseMehmet Sofuoglu; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal, by testing the efficacy of carvedilol and investigating the influence of withdrawal severity on carvedilol's efficacy, may result in development of more effective treatments for cocaine addiction. ..
- GABA Medications for Tobacco AddictionMehmet Sofuoglu; Fiscal Year: 2009..The findings of this study will provide valuable information to develop new pharmacotherapies for smoking cessation. ..
- Biomaterials as Decorporation Agents for RadionuclidesTATIANA LEVITSKAIA; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Progestrone and the Effects of NicotineMehmet Sofuoglu; Fiscal Year: 2006..By characterizing the progesterone effects on nicotine dependence, this study may provide a better understanding of the mechanisms which mediate the sex and menstrual cycle phase effects on nicotine dependence. ..
- Prion Transport Across the Blood-Brain BarrierWilliam Banks; Fiscal Year: 2009..To cause disease, prions must cross the blood-brain barrier to enter the brain. We will determine how prions cross the BBB. Knowing how prions enter the brain should lead to strategies on how to prevent prion diseases. ..
- Novel direct vago-vagal recording of i.v. ghrelin actionDavid Adelson; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Nonhuman Primate Model of Benzodiazepine RelapseJAMES ROWLETT; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Nitric Oxide Precursors and Congenital Heart SurgeryFrederick Barr; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- New MRI techniques for cerebrovascular diseasesGregory Albers; Fiscal Year: 2008..This K24 research program will expand Dr. Albers' skills as a clinical investigator and allow him to become a more effective mentor. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Novel noninvasive assessment of cytochrome P450 activityEvan Kharasch; Fiscal Year: 2009..This approach may identify inter-individual variability in drug disposition and response;permit more individualized dosing, and reduces the cost of drug interaction studies. ..
- Diffusion weighted imaging Evaluation For Understanding Stroke Evolution2:DEFUSE Gregory W Albers; Fiscal Year: 2010..These findings will eventually lead to effective therapies for a large population of stroke patients who are currently ineligible for treatment and substantially reduce stroke-related disability. ..
- ANESTHETIC RENAL METABOLISM--MECHANISMS AND CONSEQUENCESEvan Kharasch; Fiscal Year: 2002..More broadly, resulting biochemical and clinical insights will be applicable to the numerous other nephrotoxic haloalkenes that are ubiquitous environmental contaminants. ..
- Primate Model of the Transition to Cocaine AddictionJAMES ROWLETT; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results will provide needed information for developing a nonhuman primate model that can serve as a quantitative platform for future research on neuroadaptations underlying the transition to persistent cocaine self-administration. ..
- PERIAQUEDUCTAL GRAY MODULATION OF SYMPATHETIC DRIVELinda Hayward; Fiscal Year: 2002..In the long term it is hoped that the results of these studies will stimulate new investigations into the role of the dlPAG, A5 and the PBN in normal and pathophysiological cardiovascular regulation. ..
- NMDA Receptor Dynamics After Brain InjuryAnat Biegon; Fiscal Year: 2011..The results may explain the failure of NMDAR antagonists in clinical trials and suggest novel strategies for treatment of brain injury. ..
- Metallothionein in Chronic Alcoholic Liver InjuryZhanxiang Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will provide fundamental understanding of the role and possible clinical application of MT in cytoprotection against chronic alcohol-induced liver injury, a major clinical health problem without FDA approved therapy. ..
- Adult Stem Cells for Repair of Cardiac DamageDARWIN JOHNSON PROCKOP; Fiscal Year: 2010..The present application is to extend this work and to capitalize an unexpected discovery that it may justify infusing therapeutic intravenously, a much more attractive route for therapy than injection into the heart. ..
- Sex steroid, HPA regulation, and fat patterningJonathan Purnell; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Vulnerability to Smallpox Due to Declining CTL ImmunityInnocent Mbawuike; Fiscal Year: 2003..By correlating these responses with vaccinia lesion sizes in new vaccinees, markers of severe complications from vaccinia vaccination may be identified. ..
- Impact of Aging on Stroke Care: A National PerspectiveJudith Lichtman; Fiscal Year: 2004..We hypothesize that variations in care exist by age. Moreover, these differences in care will not be explained by differences clinical features or co-morbid conditions associated with aging. ..
- PROGRESSION OF AORTIC ATHEROMA IN STROKE/TIA PATIENTSSouvik Sen; Fiscal Year: 2004..Designing of future placebo controlled prospective studies aimed at investigating measures that may be used to treat AA in stroke/TIA patients. ..
- Long Field Of View MRA Using Continuous Table MotionStephen Riederer; Fiscal Year: 2008..Eventually this process will be performed using the full contrast bolus alone. ..
- Neuroadaptations underlying the transition to addiction.Osnat Ben Shahar; Fiscal Year: 2006..Together, these experiments will illuminate some of the changes in dopaminergic function that underlie the transition to compulsive drug-use. ..
- Brain ConnectionsMichelle Petri; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Role of Multidrug Resistance Proteins 2 and/or 4, and DMPS and DMSA in the RenalCHRISTY BRIDGES; Fiscal Year: 2008..These data will serve as the basis for the development of additional treatments for mercury poisoning. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cannabinoid Receptor Function in Alcoholism: Effects of D-9-THCDEEPAK D SOUZA; Fiscal Year: 2008..These results may reflect indirect evidence of altered CB-1R function in FHP individuals. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Non-Viral Gene Targeting to the BrainWilliam Pardridge; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- GAS CHROMATOGRAPH MASS SPECTROMETERScott Denne; Fiscal Year: 2004..Finally, a new and more efficient instrument will facilitate the ability of other investigators across the campus to use the laboratory. ..
- Peroxynitrite decomposition catalyst:diabetic neuropathyIRINA OBROSOVA; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Quantitation of Early Vascular Leakage after StrokePatrick Lyden; Fiscal Year: 2006..3. Validate that FITC-dextran blood brain barrier breakdown correlates with in vivo measures of low blood flow in microvessels. ..
- Non-Viral Vectors for Liver Gene TransferFeng Liu; Fiscal Year: 2006..The therapeutic effects on the metabolic disease on phenylketonuria (PKU) mice, will be examined after the PAH gene transfer using the approach in this proposal. ..
- Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing: Pulmonary HypertensionRonald Oudiz; Fiscal Year: 2007.._l.Center. PHS 398/2590(Rev.05/01) Page _, LJ ContinuationFormatPage NumberpagesconsecutivelyatthebottomthroughoutheapplicationD. o no_u_stesuffixesuchas3a, 3b. ..
- Supramedullary control of respirationLinda Hayward; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, the results of this study will provide new insights into understanding of the role of supramedullary structures in modulating respiratory timing. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Controlled Delivery System for NaltrexoneEMMANUEL AKALA; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- PET AND MRI IMAGING OF PERSISTENT LYME ENCEPHALOPATHYBrian Fallon; Fiscal Year: 2003..This study will enhance our understanding of the pathophysiology and treatment of patients suffering with the disabling effects of persistent Lyme encephalopathy. ..
- Abuse-Related Effects of Opioids and Adjuvant Drug Used by Chronic Pain PatientsJames P Zacny; Fiscal Year: 2010..g., muscle relaxant B) would be the preferred drug to prescribe when treating chronic nonmalignant pain patients. ..
- Zinc and Alcohol-Induced Oxidative Liver InjuryZhanxiang Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will provide fundamental understanding of the role of zinc in the pathophysiology of ALD, and pave the way to novel therapeutical approaches to prevention and treatment of this disease. ..
- PATIENT ORIENTED RESEARCH--ORAL AND MAXILLOFACIAL SURGERTHOMAS DODSON; Fiscal Year: 2004..This award leverages the PI's skills and talents by providing protected time to mentor additional trainees and to conduct high quality patient-oriented research. ..
- Revision of ACR Classification Criteria for Systemic Lupus ErythematosusMichelle Petri; Fiscal Year: 2007..This project will lead to updated, validated SLE classification criteria that can be immediately used by both industry and academic clinical trials. ..
- CB-1 Antagonists for Cannabis AddictionJack Bergman; Fiscal Year: 2008..Overall, our proposed studies will permit highly significant progress toward the development of novel antagonist-based medications to combat the addictive power of delta9THC. ..
- Transport of TNFalpha across the BBBWeihong Pan; Fiscal Year: 2008..These transporters could be novel drug targets and therefore provide promising therapeutic potential. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Microarray analysis of morphine's behavioral effectsGREGORY ELMER; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..